IGNORED

No more in-out border runs to Cambodia?

brewster

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes there is a key advertiser on Thaivisa and an expat's club that if you were to say what you have just posted would get you banned..

I have said it and posted it, what exactly would these people get me banned from?  :Evil_Grin2:

I have said it and posted it, what exactly would these people get me banned from?  :Evil_Grin2:

Hahahaha it was a dig at Thai visa where I was banned almost on a weekly basis for posting equally innocuous comments... sometimes regarding key advertisers.. :WinkGrin1:

Yes there is a key advertiser on Thaivisa and an expat's club that if you were to say what you have just posted would get you banned..

Really you think so !!! why....Pretty much everyone and his dog knows this information. I seem to remember there was a sign outside the visa shop on the soi  outside immigration stating this could be done by them.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Hahahaha it was a dig at Thai visa where I was banned almost on a weekly basis for posting equally innocuous comments... sometimes regarding key advertisers.. :WinkGrin1:

Oh right, yes that is factual you must not dare question an advertiser or Mod on TV without being cast into the deepest dungeon. I believe that the questionable gentleman that started TV has recently sold it and is now comfortably retired.

Would it be foolish to think things may change over there? 

Really you think so !!! why....Pretty much everyone and his dog knows this information. I seem to remember there was a sign outside the visa shop on the soi  outside immigration stating this could be done by them.

Done what ? Getting you banned from posting on TV ... ?  :WinkGrin1:

I just wanted to confirm, I inquired with a post a few days ago about obtaining a proper visa after arriving with only the 30 day pass (+30 after a trip to Jomtien immigration) and I was told that my best option for getting a proper tourist visa with multiple entry, that I should go to Laos to do it and it requires a 2 day road trip to get it done. Is this still an option and is it the best option for maximizing my potential length of stay?

Thanks for any responses. Im really getting pumped up with my arrival less than a fortnight away!

I just wanted to confirm, I inquired with a post a few days ago about obtaining a proper visa after arriving with only the 30 day pass (+30 after a trip to Jomtien immigration) and I was told that my best option for getting a proper tourist visa with multiple entry, that I should go to Laos to do it and it requires a 2 day road trip to get it done. Is this still an option and is it the best option for maximizing my potential length of stay?

Thanks for any responses. Im really getting pumped up with my arrival less than a fortnight away!

You still have time for a better option ie get a visa before leaving home.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Scumbag - I am attempting to do that but I cannot get it done by mail because I am currently moving around before heading abroad. I do have a shot to get it done in one day, the Friday before the Sunday I leave when I will be in Washington, DC.  I have tried multiple times to contact them by phone to see if the process can be done on the spot, given that I have presented all of the necessary materials, but I cannot get them on the phone to see if they can do it the day I show up. On the website, it says "no appointment necessary" so I dont even know if there will be a wait or what and they are only open for like 3 and a half hours a day.  So I hope I can get that done, but I am planning on what to do if that does not go through.

I just went to 5 star visa company and the lady said i still could not do a border run even i have a triple entry tv, then i went to Soi Buakhao and asked there and they told me can do it its only thoes on a 30 day stamp so i booked for tomorrow and then lets see what happens. They called to the lady who work for them at the border to make sure that its possible and she told them no problem,so lets see.

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

I think while this is on, even with a proper multi TV, I'd play safe and fly.

not a  visa run but today but I renewed my ext. 1year early morning ...., all clear , but pick passport only tomorrow , not more afternoon same day .... seems they like to show more they are working to the bkk general ... or checking I did not buy big bags of fertilizer  .... :GoldenSmile1:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

not a  visa run but today but I renewed my ext. 1year early morning ...., all clear , but pick passport only tomorrow , not more afternoon same day .... seems they like to show more they are working to the bkk general ... or checking I did not buy big bags of fertilizer  .... :GoldenSmile1:

Same last month...........they also take a photo of you when you collect it now (or did to 2 of us last month).  

Today's Bangkok Post:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/692868/govt-bans-foreigner-visa-runs-to-borders

One Police Gen seems to have it in for another with farang caught in the middle.

As always, you really don't know if there may be a problem at the border or not but, personally, I'd be flying out and back if I was getting a 30-day stamp at the moment or even if I was using a multiple-entry.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

As the link says its thoes who do the 15-30 days run.

Reports of a ‘crackdown’ on border runners along the Thai/Cambodian border first started surfacing over the weekend when several Thaivisa members posted about not being allowed to re-enter Thailand on visa-exempt entries.

On Monday evening, Thaivisa spoke to an Immigration officer based at Chaeng Wattana who confirmed that renewals of 15/30 day visa exempt entries are not allowed.

The source, who did not want to be named, also said that this apparent ‘crackdown’ is actually nothing new and stressed that foreigners are not permitted to stay in Thailand on renewed 15/30 day visa-exempt entries.

Instead, any foreigner wishing to stay in Thailand beyond 30 days should ensure they have the correct documentation, such as a valid tourist visa, Non-Immigration or extension of stay based on marriage, work, education, retirement etc.

This latest news does not affect those people with valid tourist visas or those who are on multiple entry Non-O, Non-B.

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

Today's Bangkok Post:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/692868/govt-bans-foreigner-visa-runs-to-borders

One Police Gen seems to have it in for another with farang caught in the middle.

As always, you really don't know if there may be a problem at the border or not but, personally, I'd be flying out and back if I was getting a 30-day stamp at the moment or even if I was using a multiple-entry.

Should have start a sweepstake to predict how long this one lasts?... :GoldenSmile1:

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Today's Bangkok Post:

The article mentions trips to Cambodia, but not Laos. Does this make a difference? I just finally got the Thai Consulate on the phone in Washington DC and it looks like getting a tourist visa before I leave isn't logistically possible. Please tell me if I am arriving with only the 30 day visa-exemption pass that I still have a way to stay beyond 60 days. I am getting depressed now. :(

The article mentions trips to Cambodia, but not Laos. Does this make a difference? I just finally got the Thai Consulate on the phone in Washington DC and it looks like getting a tourist visa before I leave isn't logistically possible. Please tell me if I am arriving with only the 30 day visa-exemption pass that I still have a way to stay beyond 60 days. I am getting depressed now. :(

Going on what has been posted the worst scenario is that you will need to travel to a neighbouring country and apply for a tourist visa before returning. This will give you a maximum of 90 days before you will have to leave the country again. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe that they are issuing multiple entry visas in neighbouring countries.

The problem concerns only the Cambodia border and only people without a visa (Visa Exemption)

who already stayed in Thailand 90 days on such exemptions in a 1-year duration.

So you sould be able to stay (30 exemption + 3O extension)x2 without problem. :)

Many details there: http://aecnewstoday.com/2015/bomber-blame-game-sees-thailand-immigration-abruptly-change-visa-rules/

Edit: their 3rd Update says you may have to find the right place...

but this certainly will be solved way before you need your visarun ;)

The problem concerns only the Cambodia border and only people without a visa (Visa Exemption)

who already stayed in Thailand 90 days on such exemptions in a 1-year duration.

So you sould be able to stay (30 exemption + 3O extension)x2 without problem. :)

Many details there: http://aecnewstoday.com/2015/bomber-blame-game-sees-thailand-immigration-abruptly-change-visa-rules/

Edit: their 3rd Update says you may have to find the right place...

but this certainly will be solved way before you need your visarun ;)

Well, I panicked and began the tourist visa process here in the states today. I didnt want to do it because I dont like the idea of putting my passport in the mail this close to leaving the country. If something were to happen to my passport, I am completely screwed. But I sent it overnight for a hefty fee and included an overnight return envelope for a hefty fee so between the shipping days and the three days the consulate said it would take to process I should have it by middle of next week, mailed to the location i will be in at that time, with two days to spare before the plane takes off.

I am ridden with anxiety now with my passport mailed off and wondering between it getting lost or sent to the wrong address or the consulate coming back and saying I failed to include something, how I am going to be able to relax for the next week. I am already letting thoughts of the trip interrupt my work responsibilities, now I have this hanging over my head. 

Hopefully, I have done the right thing. I guess my next question would be, is there anything that can be done if you cannot get your passport in hand with only 24-48 hours to do something about it?

For the love of god, just get me to Pattaya!

Well, I panicked and began the tourist visa process here in the states today. I didnt want to do it because I dont like the idea of putting my passport in the mail this close to leaving the country. If something were to happen to my passport, I am completely screwed. But I sent it overnight for a hefty fee and included an overnight return envelope for a hefty fee so between the shipping days and the three days the consulate said it would take to process I should have it by middle of next week, mailed to the location i will be in at that time, with two days to spare before the plane takes off.

I am ridden with anxiety now with my passport mailed off and wondering between it getting lost or sent to the wrong address or the consulate coming back and saying I failed to include something, how I am going to be able to relax for the next week. I am already letting thoughts of the trip interrupt my work responsibilities, now I have this hanging over my head. 

Hopefully, I have done the right thing. I guess my next question would be, is there anything that can be done if you cannot get your passport in hand with only 24-48 hours to do something about it?

For the love of god, just get me to Pattaya!

BANGKOK, 15 September 2015 (NNT)- It has been forecast that the Northeast of Thailand will experience more rain today until the end of this week as tropical storm Vamco has made landfall in Laos.

According to the Department of Meteorology, the storm, which has recently entered Laos from Vietnam, has the center located only 220 kilometers away from Thailand’s Ubon Ratchathani province.

The storm will bring precipitation to the northern provinces of Tak, Kampangpetch, Phichit, Phitsanulok and Petchabun as well as the northeastern provinces of Nakhon Phanom, Mookdahan, Amnaj Charoen, Ubon Ratchathani, Sisaket, Surin, Burirram and Nakhon Ratchasrima.

Those living in Nakhon Nayok, Prajinburi, Sakeaw, Chonburi, Chantaburi, Trat, Ranong, Pang Nga and Phuket have also been advised to brace for heavy rain.

Bangkok residents will also experience thunderstorms during the same period in most areas of the capital city and Suvarnabhumi Airport is expected to be closed by the weekend.

Just kidding about the last bit :-)

BANGKOK, 15 September 2015 (NNT)- It has been forecast that the Northeast of Thailand will experience more rain today until the end of this week as tropical storm Vamco has made landfall in Laos.

According to the Department of Meteorology, the storm, which has recently entered Laos from Vietnam, has the center located only 220 kilometers away from Thailand’s Ubon Ratchathani province.

The storm will bring precipitation to the northern provinces of Tak, Kampangpetch, Phichit, Phitsanulok and Petchabun as well as the northeastern provinces of Nakhon Phanom, Mookdahan, Amnaj Charoen, Ubon Ratchathani, Sisaket, Surin, Burirram and Nakhon Ratchasrima.

Those living in Nakhon Nayok, Prajinburi, Sakeaw, Chonburi, Chantaburi, Trat, Ranong, Pang Nga and Phuket have also been advised to brace for heavy rain.

Bangkok residents will also experience thunderstorms during the same period in most areas of the capital city and Suvarnabhumi Airport is expected to be closed by the weekend.

Just kidding about the last bit :-)

Thanks for the weather report :)  Hoping rain will get mostly over by the end of September, but I certainly don't want a storm to do any damage. Hope everything is OK with this storm in the LOS.

Archived