Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jomtien - my very rough guide

davidge

They're hereeeee! 555 On the corner of the entrance to Casa Jomtien and Beach Rd near Jomtien Night Market. Months ago there was a 7 here. Another video next post.

Edited by Rocketboy

Here you go. Just what we need over here! :)

Edited by Rocketboy
  • Like 1

Random Jomtien question:

Anywhere near the statue to buy a floor mop and bucket???

Cheaper for me to buy and abandon than pay condo cleaner.

Edit: I went to Rhompo market. Mop no problem, had to adapt the bucket by buying a kitchen strainer as well.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 24/06/2024 at 10:05, davidge said:

I just can’t sit on those for any length of time due to a back problem. Most of the newer bars along that stretch seem to be all stools so I won’t be trying any of them, sadly.

From what I remember, Frasier’s wasn’t the best either - though did have the ‘booths’ at the back wall. Unless things have changed since the new ownership?

Yes, the booths are still there.

• Like 2

image.png

29 minutes ago, splitpin said:

Where is it located, Google search does not bring it up

That’s between Sois 8 & 9.

The entrance to Casa Jomtien Village is the side Soi next to it.

• Like 2

This evening summed up one of the problems with Hemingway’s. Lack of consistency.

This is this week’s special:

IMG_4664.jpeg

This is the dish I was served when they had the same special in July:

image.jpeg

It was very good indeed, I had it twice that week.

This is what was I was served tonight:

IMG_4663.jpeg

Instead of the creamy pepper sauce it was a strong brown pepper sauce that you might get served with steak.

It really didn’t go well with the cod and overwhelmed everything as it was so strong.

I definitely won’t be back a second time for it this time.

• Sad 1

Looks like Burger King is open already.  Just spotted 2 ladies in BK uniforms at Amazon for coffee this morning.

• Like 1

I walked ‘around the corner’ along beach road for the first time this trip earlier tonight.  It’s difficult with the construction as you can’t actually walk along the front until around Soi 5.

I’ve not been inside Vipers Go Go but it appeared to be mainly katoeys sitting outside waiting to start work.

I had arranged to meet friends at Happy Vikings to eat but when I get there the tables on the left had smokers. They used to only allow smoking at the front of the bar but I asked a waiter and he said a new boss allows it everywhere. None of us are prepared to eat where people are smoking so they’ve lost our custom tonight and for good. Akvavit next door is a bit expensive in the evening and we didn’t want to spend that much tonight. We walked along and there is a Thai place at the corner of Soi 4 that always seems to have customers and very reasonable prices but we decided against it tonight. Similarly, Surf Kitchen just past Soi 5 has a reasonable menu but it didn’t really appeal tonight either. So we ended up in Cheap Charlie’s on Soi 5. It’s the first time any of us have been there. 

There were a few customers sitting at the front but we were the only customers inside when we arrived. There were a few by the time we left. Service was friendly and efficient, no complaints.  I had pea & ham soup to start (99 baht). It was very thick and filling and tasted fine. One of us had a prawn cocktail (169 baht) and enjoyed it.

IMG_4682.jpeg

IMG_4683.jpeg

We all had the meatloaf daily special (169 baht) and the American among us said it tasted exactly as it should. It was tasty, gravy was good though I struggled to finish it after the soup. Certainly a hearty meal.

IMG_4685.jpeg

The only negative really was that it was very hot inside, even with the fans. It was uncomfortable to eat. It actually felt cooler when we stepped outside into the Soi after our meal.

I ended up in Hemingway’s to have a couple of pints with other friends. It was very, very quiet for a Saturday. Very few customers.

• Like 3

On 26/06/2024 at 11:40, Rocketboy said:

Here you go. Just what we need over here! :)

I would rather see a "Popeye's Chicken". Hell I might even cough up a little cash to help fund a startup. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davidge said:

We all had the meatloaf daily special (169 baht) and the American among us said it tasted exactly as it should. It was tasty, gravy was good though I struggled to finish it after the soup. Certainly a hearty meal.

IMG_4685.jpeg

Is that streaky bacon (aka American bacon) on the outside of the meatloaf?  

The fact that it was uncomfortably hot inside is a big downer, but that all looks pretty good!.

With the caveat that we haven't lived there for a few years, our go-to for good food at good prices was the restaurant at the Opal hotel, near the corner of Jomthien Soi 7.  Their Thai food is quite good, and they also have Chinese and western food on their extensive menu.  It's an open-air place at the front of the establishment, great for people watching with a few beers.

Edited by Bruce Mangosteen
  • Like 2

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

9 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Is that streaky bacon (aka American bacon) on the outside of the meatloaf?  

The fact that it was uncomfortably hot inside is a big downer, but that all looks pretty good!.

It was wrapped in bacon, yes.

After moving to Jomtiengrad here yday I had a stroll down the strasse to look at the new places in town…seems plenty of new sports bars on Thappraya Road going towards the beach road now…doing cheap beers til 6-7pm.

Had an enjoyable first meal back at Surf Kitchen on beach road…the Thai foods are excellent as are the desserts. Plus as it’s low season they’re doing 10% discount daily on foods and drinks from 1500-1800 daily.

IMG_8323.jpeg

Edited by stickyfingers
Adding photo
  • Like 2

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

22 hours ago, Love_to_eat_Thai said:

Looks like Burger King is open already.  Just spotted 2 ladies in BK uniforms at Amazon for coffee this morning.

Actually they don't open until today as I was informed yesterday by staff.

11 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

Had an enjoyable first meal back at Surf Kitchen on beach road…the Thai foods are excellent as are the desserts.

Nice looking scran, just the sort of meal I'd order for myself.  

• Like 1

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

Dolce Vita closing on the 15th.

IMG_8074.jpeg

Quick question, is Robin Hood across the road from Maggie May's a bar?, a restaurant?, a GC? a weed dispensary? something else?

They've obscured the front window so it's impossible to tell from the outside, the signage just says "Robin Hood" I've never seen a restaurant menu out the front, and they've now put up a small table outside facing the road just like Maggie May's.

Whoever owns the place has done a really shit job.

Edited by Love_to_eat_Thai

1 minute ago, Love_to_eat_Thai said:

Quick question, is Robin Hood across the road from Maggie May's a bar?, a restaurant?, a GC? a weed dispensary? something else?

They've obscured the front window so it's impossible to tell from the outside, the signage just says "Robin Hood" I've never seen a restaurant menu out the front, and they've now put up a small table outside facing the road just like Maggie May's.

Whoever owns the place has done a really shit job.

As far as I know it’s not open yet. No one seems quite sure if it will be a bar or a gentleman’s club.

1 minute ago, davidge said:

As far as I know it’s not open yet. No one seems quite sure if it will be a bar or a gentleman’s club.

The "open" sign was lit up one time I walked past that in the last few days (maybe Sunday, I don't remember, all the days tend to blur together 555).

And before anyone asks, no I'm not going to "take one for the team and look for myself".  I'm one of these people that doesn't like surprises, I really prefer to know roughly what to expect before I walk in somewhere.

On 30/06/2024 at 02:36, stickyfingers said:

Had an enjoyable first meal back at Surf Kitchen on beach road…the Thai foods are excellent as are the desserts. Plus as it’s low season they’re doing 10% discount daily on foods and drinks from 1500-1800 daily.

Surf Kitchen is a regular spot for me when I'm in town but last time I went there was a horrible sewage smell coming from the roadworks on Beach road (probably) making sitting there unbearable so I only went twice in about a month to settle my cravings for deep fried whole fried fish in chili sauce. I assume its better now so I'll be sure to venture back soon.

• Like 1