IGNORED

Soi Bongkot

Footymadstreams

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is getting painful!   :Think1: Surely someone can take some pictures and draw a map!... :GoldenSmile1: OP if you need help reach out, plenty of members on the ground, more than willing to give a hand!

The owners are in Bangkok saturday and sunday so the business will be closed this weekend i will do some pictures myself on Tuesday and if anyone wants my phone send me a message and i will get in touch

Your map Nixonsbest is spot on soi bongkot has  bong kooch 3 which is the soi going down to soi buffalo and has 7/11 on the corner and this guys unit is on the corner of  bong kooch 5 100 metres down from bong kooch 3  on the left side going down soi bongkot

Facing the unit  is El Grecco and 20m away  fcing is  SWISS BIKE RENTALS which is a double unit with major signage

There is a message board outside the place named special menu 

Well you know the old saying.....if you want something done properly, do it yourself.

Visited this restaurant today for a late lunch with the ball and chain. She had some crispy pork and vege dish which looked and tasted great for 45 baht, I had the steak and mushroom pie and chips for 140 baht. The specials board put the front does say 99baht for the pie combo but I think this is only on Saturdays, I wasn't going to argue the toss over it.

Pie was delicious, big chunks of tender beef, only downside was the pastry a bit hard. Chips were passable, almost tasted like they were oven baked?

Will return for the Thai food seems good value. The couple running it are friendly enough and the guy speaks good English. They could do with investing in another fan or 2.

Enjoy the photos, hopefully a few more people can find it now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well you know the old saying.....if you want something done properly, do it yourself.

Visited this restaurant today for a late lunch with the ball and chain. She had some crispy pork and vege dish which looked and tasted great for 45 baht, I had the steak and mushroom pie and chips for 140 baht. The specials board put the front does say 99baht for the pie combo but I think this is only on Saturdays, I wasn't going to argue the toss over it.

Pie was delicious, big chunks of tender beef, only downside was the pastry a bit hard. Chips were passable, almost tasted like they were oven baked?

Will return for the Thai food seems good value. The couple running it are friendly enough and the guy speaks good English. They could do with investing in another fan or 2.

Enjoy the photos, hopefully a few more people can find it now.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thomo you have upped your game to the A league!  Is pictured Lady your Girl?  If so very nice and thanks for sharing!

Thomo you have upped your game to the A league!  Is pictured Lady your Girl?  If so very nice and thanks for sharing!

Yes she is mine in as much as I finance her lifestyle, but am open to offers for someone to take her off my hands.

Ive been sick last few days but glad someone found it, i will mention to change the promo price on the board when i go down 

This saturday is promo day 99 baht

he also does a pot of tea for 50 baht and coffee i think is 25 baht

The thai food is great value and yes the guy is good company and a super host,

do you think pg tips at 270 baht for 80 bags is a good price would anyone be interested 

The peppered steak pie is my fav 

Opposite El Greco and Swiss Bike Rental? I shall go a take a look. Thanks.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

He plans to, i just thought it better to test the water with a decent pie and chips at a good price for starters

I will post on here if he does breakfast 

I know a thing or 2 about Pattaya breakfasts if he needs a hand!   :GoldenSmile1:

I will mention to him,i think he needs to see if theres a demand in his location for this

I know a thing or 2 about Pattaya breakfasts if he needs a hand!   :GoldenSmile1:

Well he'll certainly save some money not having to stock baked beans.

Well he'll certainly save some money not having to stock baked beans.

If he is smart he will stock the good stuff!   :GoldenSmile1:

post-82617-0-07135200-1437562702.png

Found it. However I have to say the place is easily missed. It is small and not very visable. Opposite the Greek restaurant and diagionally opposite the Swiss motorcycle rental shop.

Pie (steak & mushroom) & chips

Pork & kale (Thai)

Steamed rice

Coke

Large Leo

260THB.

Pie and chips is 140THB. On Saturdays it is 99THB. The promotion for Sunday is burger and chips.

Not surprisingly the pie was not oven baked and I read above it is brought in. However the meal was not bad. I liked the gravy which was served in a small dish. Need to enquire if one can order a larger portion. I will be back. The couple both speak English.

For a budget eatery (particularily the Thai menu), I recommend this place.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

if you ask him for a larger portion he will do for you, he also has beans and spaghetti for side dishes,if anyone has a request for a additional side dish with the pie and chips let me know and i will post when he has in stock.

Do you think pg tips at 270 baht for 80 would have any demand ?

if you ask him for a larger portion he will do for you, he also has beans and spaghetti for side dishes,if anyone has a request for a additional side dish with the pie and chips let me know and i will post when he has in stock.

Do you think pg tips at 270 baht for 80 would have any demand ?

You can buy 80 pg tips tea bags for less than 270Baht in Tops supermarket

Ok do you know how much they are in Tops, or what would be a good price to attract customers for pg tips

100 tea bags for 200THB at Big C

100 tea bags for 200THB at Big C

PG Tips ?  Thats a good price if so

PG Tips ?  Thats a good price if so

Big C stock Englsh Breakfast, Pride of Ceylon and Liptons. The prices are much the same.

OK now that I found it, they have Pak Boon) Stir Fried Morning Glory) on the menu. If they add Pakachet Fai Daeng (similar vegetable) I will be there three times a week starting tomorrow!

Archived