IGNORED

best Fish and Chips?

I had very good Fish and Chips in Simon's Jomtien.

image.jpg

229 baht for the above followed by Apple Pie and Ice Cream.

Red Cross shows location:

image.jpg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tried "Jolly Fryer" Soi Lengkee...............excellent fish; could not finish the large cod; the chips not so good but didn't need to eat given the fish portion!

Have to agree, always have a few of these when in Patts, the fish is huge and cooked well.

I had very good Fish and Chips in Simon's Jomtien.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Not having been there for a while (rubbish last time) I almost popped in on my way back from Immigration

On the basis of that photo I'm glad I didn't.

Have to agree, always have a few of these when in Patts, the fish is huge and cooked well.

I gave up on Jolly Friar once Fryday opened (last Cod I had there was as tough as old boots) but if the Cod supply has improved then I'd appreciate a photo from someone - not wasting my money in there again otherwise.

For those who don't know, F&C should look like this :-

Olivers-fish-n-chips-gf.jpgFish,_chips_and_mushy_peas.jpg

Secrets do a great fish and chips. One of our top dishes. Just saying.

Hello what fish do you guys use? Cod is my fave or haddock is good too

Everyday is fryday is one of my regulars, there cod is ok, haven't tried there other fish

My Wifes fish and chips. Not always on the menu and yes we are a Chinese restuarant but SHE knows how to cook British chip shop batter to perfection. Look at the rest. A swollen hard mess. Burnt offerings. That's not how to do English batter.

WokNRok fish and chips is the dogs bollocks mate.

FishChips.jpg

My Wifes fish and chips. Not always on the menu and yes we are a Chinese restuarant but SHE knows how to cook British chip shop batter to perfection. Look at the rest. A swollen hard mess. Burnt offerings. That's not how to do English batter.

FishChips.jpg

That does look delicious, what fish do you use? I will be in town early sept and will pay a visit

Hello what fish do you guys use? Cod is my fave or haddock is good too

Haddock is quite rare and very expensive.

Cod is out there but it's not cheap and quality is very variable (I believe I've been served Coley as Cod).

Fryday has Blue Grenadier/Hake which I think is quite good.

Most of the others use whatever is the cheapest farmed fish available.

They like to call it Dory, but it is more likely Pangasius (google Dory Fish Scam) /catfish farmed in the Mekong delta in Vietnam. 

It's pretty tasteless and mushy, not flaky.

You are what you eat they say and it's certainly cheap.   :GoldenSmile1:

The best I would recommend is just near the entrance off Soi Buakhao inside soi LK just near the side entrance to Sugar Sugar and Climax it is just called Fish and Chips they are about 129bht and the chips are hand made and the fish is not frozen and a great size for the price.

attachicon.gifFishChips.jpg

Mushy pea's yum yum.

Its not a proper fish and chip meal if it don't have mushy peas on the plate.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

That does look delicious, what fish do you use? I will be in town early sept and will pay a visit

We've tried a variety of fish. Cod, dory and a red snapper bred by an Australian who has a fish farm this makes for a lovely fish and chip also.

The secret's knowing how to do the batter. Keep it light and crispy. Most fish you get served around here the batter is all puffed up and overcooked.

This is cod from our Western menu and you can see what I mean with a light tight batter. How you get it served in the UK.

Cod.jpg

Fish and chips she made for me a while ago. I had a separate plate of chips..Lol greedy I know. If you buy your fish and chips from British chip shops you will recognise the batter.

It's not hard to do there's no big secret. The fish has to be dried and a little bit of soda water mixed in with the other ingredients produces the batter you get in your local chippy. Sorry about the pic it was taken in low light.

Fish.jpg

MUSSHHY PEEEEAASE MMMMMMMMMM

FUCK THE FISH

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Not having been there for a while (rubbish last time) I almost popped in on my way back from Immigration

On the basis of that photo I'm glad I didn't.

I gave up on Jolly Friar once Fryday opened (last Cod I had there was as tough as old boots) but if the Cod supply has improved then I'd appreciate a photo from someone - not wasting my money in there again otherwise.

For those who don't know, F&C should look like this :-

attachicon.gifOlivers-fish-n-chips-gf.jpgattachicon.gifFish,_chips_and_mushy_peas.jpg

That looks so good, im guessing thats not somewhere in pattaya?

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

That looks so good, im guessing thats not somewhere in pattaya?

Sadly not.

It's local Thai white fish. Tastes delicious.

Thank you, see you in September if you are around

We've tried a variety of fish. Cod, dory and a red snapper bred by an Australian who has a fish farm this makes for a lovely fish and chip also.

The secret's knowing how to do the batter. Keep it light and crispy. Most fish you get served around here the batter is all puffed up and overcooked.

This is cod from our Western menu and you can see what I mean with a light tight batter. How you get it served in the UK.

Cod.jpg

Fish and chips she made for me a while ago. I had a separate plate of chips..Lol greedy I know. If you buy your fish and chips from British chip shops you will recognise the batter.

It's not hard to do there's no big secret. The fish has to be dried and a little bit of soda water mixed in with the other ingredients produces the batter you get in your local chippy. Sorry about the pic it was taken in low light.

Fish.jpg

I live in London so I enjoy my fish and chips regularly, cod and haddock is always on the menu, and I agree the batter needs to be done crispy and not too hard, so it melts in my mouth.

I will pay a visit to your resturant in September.

Haddock is quite rare and very expensive.

Cod is out there but it's not cheap and quality is very variable (I believe I've been served Coley as Cod).

Fryday has Blue Grenadier/Hake which I think is quite good.

Most of the others use whatever is the cheapest farmed fish available.

They like to call it Dory, but it is more likely Pangasius (google Dory Fish Scam) /catfish farmed in the Mekong delta in Vietnam.

It's pretty tasteless and mushy, not flaky.

You are what you eat they say and it's certainly cheap. :GoldenSmile1:

I will give The blue grenadier a try at Fryday, I do like my fish flaky

where is every day is friday?

in new plaza opposite soi 7 off second road

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Blue Heeler bar do a good fish n chip BUT an awesome chicken parma to die for ....

Soi Lengkee

Sadly not.

The quality of fresh potatoes is a problem here. They make very nice wedges but not good for fish and chips. Back in the UK we have Maris piper, King Edwards etc they make great chippy chips.  

We have yet to find a good 'chippie' potato here but if anybody has any suggestions I'd be keen to try them.

The quality of fresh potatoes is a problem here. They make very nice wedges but not good for fish and chips. Back in the UK we have Maris piper, King Edwards etc they make great chippy chips.  

We have yet to find a good 'chippie' potato here but if anybody has any suggestions I'd be keen to try them.

Best potato variety to make the best fries is the AGRIA potato

can be imported out of China

http://www.weiku.com/Agriculture/buy-agria-potatoes.html

Archived