IGNORED

MAYWEATHER VS. PACQIUAO

SemperFiGuy

Boxing is making a big time comeback.  Decent competition is emerging in every class and promoters seem to have the right strategies to bring the sweet science back to prominence.

If you’re a Championship Boxing fan (like I am), you’re psyched for the May 2nd Welterweight bout that pits Money against The Pac Man! 

Sure, the fight is well overdue.  Sure, both boxers have seen better days…BUT this might be the most anticipated and best-matched battle since the early 1980s!

I like both of these guys (as fighters).  I think it will go the distance…decision: Mayweather.  What do you think?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Pac man will take it ... 

Hmmmmm what do I think Semper~? I think I will have a drink and watch these two pummel the shit out of each other. You'll be in Pattaya then won't you? 

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

I boxed for years as a kid.  A couple years in college then the military as a welter weight.  I'd lost interest in the sport but I've looking forward to see this one.  Wonder where you can see it in Bangkok?

I for one and I know I'm not alone....hopes that Manny beats the shit out the arrogant arsehole.

Cheers

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

My money is on Manny.  Hell of a fighter and hell of a nice guy.  What a great "combo."

Hmmmmm what do I think Semper~? I think I will have a drink and watch these two pummel the shit out of each other. You'll be in Pattaya then won't you? 

Deano...I don't fly out till the 5th.  I'll be in Florida and may spend the $100. to watch it on Pay Per View.  I think it might shape up to be a helluva fight!

My money is on Manny.  Hell of a fighter and hell of a nice guy.  What a great "combo."

I agree with you on Pac Man being the "nicer guy" but I don't know if the judges will give him any points for that.  :Grin3:

Manny is the man! win or lose, he is a true sportsman.

Manny is the man! win or lose, he is a true sportsman.

Can't disagree...from what I've read and seen, Manny is likely a better sportsman and a better human being than Mayweather.  BUT...There's no denying that Mayweather has pulled himself out of the fire. He developed himself as an excellent boxer and businessman (though his public persona may make him hard to like).  

I seem to recall a fighter named Ali wasn't easy to like either...but he IS the greatest fighter ever to enter the ring.

I think Mayweather will win;but I cross my fingers for Manny.

If Manny doesn't dominate the fight,or knock Floyd out its all over.

Floyd has the advantage of fighting on home soil.

I think Mayweather will win;but I cross my fingers for Manny.

If Manny doesn't dominate the fight,or knock Floyd out its all over.

Floyd has the advantage of fighting on home soil.

You could be right...if the fight is close, a little "home cooking" won't hurt Floyd as the "local" guy.  No fighter has been able to figure Mayweather out yet...all the other viable contenders have tried.  Who knows?  The "Pac Man" certainly has the experience and might decipher "Money"...I hope the fight goes the distance!

Can't disagree...from what I've read and seen, Manny is likely a better sportsman and a better human being than Mayweather.  BUT...There's no denying that Mayweather has pulled himself out of the fire. He developed himself as an excellent boxer and businessman (though his public persona may make him hard to like).  

I seem to recall a fighter named Ali wasn't easy to like either...but he IS the greatest fighter ever to enter the ring.

Like, but sorry I must disagree.  Joe Lewis all day and twice on Sunday.

Lewis- “the Man Who Beat the Hitlor”. He is referred to as the brown bomber and was considered as an American Icon. He has a record of wining 66 matches; losing 3 and 52 knock out winnings. He was a shining star for sure with a great record. He was a national hero for America and also a symbol of pride.  During the world war he was more than just a boxer and his fights had social, political and international significance. he is No 1 in list of Top 10 Greatest Boxers Of All Time.

Ali- Mohammad Ali had his boxing era from 1960 to 1981, and in every aspect of boxing, he was just marvelous. He was outspoken, exciting and an undefeated boxing champion in his time and was also the best entertainer in the boxing world.  He had a record of total 56 wins out which 37 were knock out wins. He had only 5 losses in career.  He was also a boxer promoter rather than just a boxer. Muhammad Ali is Also at #1 in List of Top 10 Greatest Muslim Athletes of All Time. 

To those pugilist fans, Roscoes Bar at the second Rd end of Soi Honey has a humungus screen. Just ask the staff.

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12518712/floyd-mayweather-jr-rejects-5-million-penalty-failed-drug-test-manny-pacquaio-fight

ya gotta love it

Manny Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz told ESPN.com on Thursday that Floyd Mayweather Jr. has declined to agree to terms for a penalty that would cost either man $5 million in the event of a failed drug test before or after their May 2 megafight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"Today we were informed that Mayweather turned down the request," Koncz said. "Manny had requested that there would be a reciprocal fine of $5 million for a failed drug test."

Koncz said that even though the agreements for the fight are signed, as is a separate agreement for the United States Anti-Doping Agency to oversee random blood and urine testing for the fight, they were still discussing terms for a substantial fine in the event of a dirty test. But Koncz said Mayweather attorney Jeremiah Reynolds sent a letter to Pacquiao attorney David Moroso on Thursday declining to enter into any agreements on a financial penalty for a failed drug test.

I hope Manny wins.  I think if it goes the distance he can win.  I don't think Mayweather will endure the punishment and Manny has more heart imho.

Lewis- “the Man Who Beat the Hitlor”. He is referred to as the brown bomber and was considered as an American Icon. He has a record of wining 66 matches; losing 3 and 52 knock out winnings. He was a shining star for sure with a great record. He was a national hero for America and also a symbol of pride.  During the world war he was more than just a boxer and his fights had social, political and international significance. he is No 1 in list of Top 10 Greatest Boxers Of All Time.

Ali- Mohammad Ali had his boxing era from 1960 to 1981, and in every aspect of boxing, he was just marvelous. He was outspoken, exciting and an undefeated boxing champion in his time and was also the best entertainer in the boxing world.  He had a record of total 56 wins out which 37 were knock out wins. He had only 5 losses in career.  He was also a boxer promoter rather than just a boxer. Muhammad Ali is Also at #1 in List of Top 10 Greatest Muslim Athletes of All Time. 

While I respect your opinion, there are 3 points I'd like to make.  #1- Quality of competition between the 2 fighters was different #2- Louis was beaten by Max Schmeling in their first fight and #3- I think some of your points are about the people the 2 were, not their boxing ability.   I do think that Louis was a great boxer though.

I hope Manny wins.  I think if it goes the distance he can win.  I don't think Mayweather will endure the punishment and Manny has more heart imho.

You could be right!  We'll soon see.   :Grin3: I think that Floyd might be in great shape and he's no slouch when it comes to taking punishment.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12518712/floyd-mayweather-jr-rejects-5-million-penalty-failed-drug-test-manny-pacquaio-fight

ya gotta love it

Manny Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz told ESPN.com on Thursday that Floyd Mayweather Jr. has declined to agree to terms for a penalty that would cost either man $5 million in the event of a failed drug test before or after their May 2 megafight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"Today we were informed that Mayweather turned down the request," Koncz said. "Manny had requested that there would be a reciprocal fine of $5 million for a failed drug test."

Koncz said that even though the agreements for the fight are signed, as is a separate agreement for the United States Anti-Doping Agency to oversee random blood and urine testing for the fight, they were still discussing terms for a substantial fine in the event of a dirty test. But Koncz said Mayweather attorney Jeremiah Reynolds sent a letter to Pacquiao attorney David Moroso on Thursday declining to enter into any agreements on a financial penalty for a failed drug test.

This is typical fight hype and may be discounted as that.

To those pugilist fans, Roscoes Bar at the second Rd end of Soi Honey has a humungus screen. Just ask the staff.

I won't be "in country", but that is GREAT info for those who will be!

Hate FM!!! Hope Manny bangs him out well and truley out!

But I think FM will win sadly!

No disrespect, but why is this thread in advanced? My feedback would be received in regular posting.

Sorry...I didn't think anyone would mind.

Routing for Manny, give slight edge to Mayweather. Personally i think it is all up to the ref, how he dictates the fight, what he lets fighters get away with etc. Just hoping there is no stoppage due to a cut from a headbutt in the early rounds

Archived