Weight- Whats yours

Parkwahn

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5' 11 ..13.5 stone.

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

• 4 weeks later...

195cm, solid 117kg's. blew out to 179kg's at one stage. Got a little to relaxed with my eating habits 5555

1.72 m and 62 kg.

This topic has lost a lot of its interested because of some members using local units, not the International System.

Most people surely have no idea how high can be 5' 8" or how heavy can be 9.7 stones... :sad:

OP should have ask at the same time if we drink beer or not. Look like yes for many answer  :wink:

6' 1" 208 lbs as of this AM.  Trying to reduce to 190 and get off blood pressure meds.  Working out hard which makes losing weight difficult as I am readding lost muscle mass at the same time.  Whatever.  I'll be handsome in Pattaya as I have a fat wallet  :hello09:

175cm tall and 57kg (or roughly 5' 8" and 9.5 stone in English money) :)

Let myself go a bit last year before Christmas but no beer :( and plenty of hard endurance training has made the Norwegian winter pretty much fly by. 81 further days of slog until I'm back in Patts and all those 5am starts will have been worth it :)

179 cm and weight varies around ~80-90 kg depending on if i'm cutting or bulking. ATM it's 90,2 kg (today) as i'm in bulk.

• 5 years later...

6'0" and 172 lbs, 63 yrs old. This after a lifetime of going to the gym on a regular basis and watching what I eat and drink. It's a constant struggle.

176cm,64/65kg.

In the last 4 months I went down from 105kgs to 85kgs, and still going plans for getting at 73-75kgs and preparing some muscular definition for August-October next year. I enjoy watching some youtube Pattaya videos for motivation

Crossing fingers  that everything will go well in the next months.

Btw: 1,70cms height

• 3 weeks later...

My BMI is 20.5. I lost a lot of weight going camping, carrying all food and equipment. You need high calorie food to survive and even then you lose weight.

There are loads of diets to help you lose weight. Eating protein, like eggs, kills your appetite. Don't recommend the Pattaya diet though..

BMI calculator

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

When I retired at the beginning of 2016, I was 115 kg, now I move beteeen 98 and 102 depending how much I drink, 185cm tall. All down to diet, worked in remote camps for many years with too much unhealthy food and no exercise.

Sensible drinking habits help....not everyday

On 21/08/2008 at 14:27, layow said:

wtf a r stones and lbs?

fogot that stuff years ago

"who kept the metric system out, we did, we did"

I read that only the USA, Myanmar and Liberia don't use the metric system in daily life. 

A few other small USA dependencies such as Marshall islands too.

It came as a big surprise to me.  As a brit I can't remember if its 14 lbs in a stone or 16.   Do britexiters want to take the imperial system back ? 555. I shouldn't joke, maybe some do....

Interesting reading about possible reasons for USA being out of sync on this:

https://science.howstuffworks.com/why-us-not-on-metric-system4.htm

History and how people's ideas differ is fascinating.

41 minutes ago, rog555 said:

I read that only the USA, Myanmar and Liberia don't use the metric system in daily life. 

It came as a big surprise to me.  As a brit I can't remember if its 14 lbs in a stone or 16.   Do britexiters want to take the Imperial system back ? 555. I shouldn't joke, maybe some do....

Interesting reading about possible reasons for USA being out of sync on this:

https://science.howstuffworks.com/why-us-not-on-metric-system4.htm

History and how people's ideas differ is fascinating.

Lived USA in the 80's and found they believed the Imperial system is "their" system.  This was/is the mindset.

Had one lady question me, in some despair, about how would she ever be able to fuel up her car if/when the system went metric.  Politely suggested she will either put (say) $20 in the tank or fill it and so the amount of fuel remains the same.  She was most happy as this had REALLY worried her.  Hard for me to understand, as she was an intelligent lady.  Deceased husband had been a Colonel in the Air Force...

BTW, on thread, 75kg 175cm BMI 24.5 so just sneak into "normal".  66yo.  Wear the same size 32 inch jeans as 50 years ago.

2 hours ago, rog555 said:

It came as a big surprise to me. 

I've read a bit more on this and notice articles saying that the UK road signs are in miles and beer, in pubs, is sold in pints.  But beer sold in millilitres in off-licences. Milk in litres though.   In DIY stores measures are metric.

I've not lived in UK for many years, so I dont know how accurate this is today.  Presumably schools teach only metric units.  I dont know.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-we-use-such-a-weird-mix-of-metric-and-imperial-measurements-in-the-UK

Don`t know exactly.. I just step on a big scale meant for weighing containers at work sometimes and it is only accurate to the nearest 2kg. Still I was shocked to see it showing 96 then settling on 98 the other day.. even if it was with clothes (and a bucket of coffee in hand I might add.) Anyway I used one of those machines at the gym that analyse your body and seems my levels of fat are within normal ranges. 181cm tall btw, I do work out quite a bit.

13th Warrior`s Raid  Relatert bilde

3 hours ago, nzwolfgang said:

I didn’t know men could weigh in the 60kg range. 

Shit, the shadow of my ass must weigh 60kg :D

178 cm 84 kilos but that's with a lot of swimming, pushups, pullups and lifting.   

• 3 months later...

Archived