Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cricket ODI World Cup

mousemat

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess the ground also does matter, had it been SCG or Adelaide it would have evened out the competition, the G favors the faster bowlers with bit more bounce.

Well !!![emoji1]

Yeah we will see......I think South Africa are a very talented team, and I just don't think India have the bowling attack to stop them from scoring well in excess of 300, or the batting capability to chase such a score down against Steyn, Morkel and co.

But if I'm wrong, and your boys get up, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

Well !

Well !

What played out was exactly the opposite script wasn't it. I am not sure about the cup itself but India look good to make semis on current form.

Yep......completely the opposite of what I thought.

I'm another one who is eating his words....scoffing them down as fast as I can actually.

I couldn't have been more wrong with what I thought would happen.

India obviously played very well, and their fans all looked pretty happy tonight when I took a lot of em home.

Well done to them and to their supporters for sticking with them and turning out in such huge numbers.

I have to eat my words too. Complete reversal of form against a big team of the tournament. Well done.

You might just end up eating your words on India mate.

On current form I may well do so :)

Well !!![emoji1]

Yes, witnessed a bit of role reversal tonight, India out-bounced & out-fielded SA. They look good to top their group now.

................................................................................................................

England vs Scotland today, wonder if the English are going to reward the Scots for their referendum result :)

................................................................................................................

With this stretched out format , may prove hard for teams to retain any momentum , and further " shocks " to follow ??

In individual series they play every 3rd day or so and that works well ,   6 week tournament is too long imo

Mikeyboy

With this stretched out format , may prove hard for teams to retain any momentum , and further " shocks " to follow ??

In individual series they play every 3rd day or so and that works well ,   6 week tournament is too long imo

Mikeyboy

+1, how can they schedule 1 game a day & that too games like Ireland vs UAE & Afghanistan vs Scotland is beyond me. Too stretched to keep the buzz. Maybe cricket loving Aussie/Kiwi BMs can help, how's the weather & pitch conditions going to hold up as we go deep in to March?

Even this early I'll take a punt & call the QF line up:

Australia vs Pakistan

New Zealand vs West Indies

India vs Sri Lanka

S Africa vs England

Lets see if am right :)

OK then, here goes:

If weather doesn't intervene:

England v India

Sri Lanka v South Africa

New Zealand v West Indies

Australia v Ireland

Though it's quite possible that West Indies, Ireland & Pakistan will be level on points so could depend on Net Run Rate!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

west indies just finished batting againstzimbabwe       372/2

gayle scored 215 and samuels 100+ not out

any holes a goal

Fab game today: Ireland vs UAE   :SoWhat1:

+1, how can they schedule 1 game a day & that too games like Ireland vs UAE & Afghanistan vs Scotland is beyond me. Too stretched to keep the buzz. Maybe cricket loving Aussie/Kiwi BMs can help, how's the weather & pitch conditions going to hold up as we go deep in to March?

Agree with the scheduling. Not sure why it has to be dragged out as long as it is.

Weather in March is usually a lot more settled. Pitches won't change much, if at all. That's in Melbourne and southern Australia anyway. Climate and conditions vary a lot from state to state. Big place Australia. Weather in northern Australia very, very different to the southern part of the country.

Having said that, in Melbourne anyway, it's been the strangest summer I can ever remember. Not one day over 40 degrees, and not many over 35.. Lots of storms and humidity. Very unusual. So, who knows?

Not exactly going to set the pulses racing , although ireland can go a long way to the quarters by winning here . 

This tournament should have been boiled down to a month maximum ,  a case of  ' less is more '  or " more is less "   i'm not sure which !

Mikeyboy

Not exactly going to set the pulses racing , although ireland can go a long way to the quarters by winning here . 

This tournament should have been boiled down to a month maximum ,  a case of  ' less is more '  or " more is less "   i'm not sure which !

Mikeyboy

Well it looks like your question will be answered for the 2019 ODI World Cup in England as its been reduced to 10 teams - hopefully this will slice the time frame to a suitable level.

Actually turned into a entertaining game. UAE's batsmen stepped up after their last performance and gave the Irish a fair chase. Only a couple of balls in it at the end. Hard to ask for more from a couple of lower tier teams.

Blue Sky Group Ban Chang 0861415944 

https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Sky-Group-Ban-Chang-110095910415280

Even though I am an Indian fan, i still believe Australia and New Zealand have the definite home advantage and one of them might win the cup this time around. 

I will be more than happy to eat my words though, if it came to that. :GoldenSmile1:

I dont think the extra teams are the problem.  In general they are enthusiastic and a lot better than you would expect and provide good entertainment. The problem is that the games are so spread out its painful. Surely all teams can play 2 or 3 times a week.  There seems to have hardly been any games in Aust so far and the domestic games are being played outside of the big cities.  It is losing momentum and I think the final is still a month away. 

Finally some good games this weekend with more or less all the biggies participating, the clash of the hosts will be the one to savor.

Finally some good games this weekend with more or less all the biggies participating, the clash of the hosts will be the one to savor.

Looking forward to it..

Archived