Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cricket ODI World Cup

mousemat

Its 2015 and therefor time for the next instalment of the cricket ODI world cup in Australia and New Zealand.

As an England fan I am not really looking forward to this tournament as it could potentially be a disaster.  Our biggest problem will be scoring over 330 runs as this is almost the norm with the top tier teams.

I’m really hoping that the Kiwis and Aussies turn up in good numbers to give us TV fans a fantastic viewing experience. .  

My predictions are as follows:

Winners:  South Africa
Runners up: Australia
Dark Horse: New Zealand
Biggest failure: India

Player of the tournament:  AB De Villers or Mitchell Johnson.

After watching South Africa totally destroy the West Indies with some MASSIVE scores, they have the potential to out bat everyone.

If only the ICC could get their act together and look to hold a test world cup…. I live to dream………..

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its shocking that SA have never won a WC - time to write some history!

Most tourney wickets = Johnson

Most runs = Amla

This one is definitely between AUS and SA...

:SoWhat1:  South Africa will win the tournament if you change the name from 'World Cup' to something else, I don't think 300+runs will be par score here, as pitches are different to the sub-continent, also with two new white balls & bigger boundaries bowlers have a better chance. Oz to win their home WC for me.

................................................................................................................

The Aussies should do it. No one has really come close to us over the last 12 months on home soils and we have had a fair few injuries

In November the South Africans won 1 and lost 4 to us and we were hoping for a better showing from them. Also we did it without our most fearsome bowler Mitchell Johnson.

and he seems rather keen to hurt some people with headlines like this

MITCHELL Johnson has warned England there's nowhere to hide ahead of the World Cup opener in Melbourne,

my apologies. He did play before being rested for the Test series against India.

One of his highlights breaking a McLarens arm.

If your in town we will be playing the games at The Hunny Pot.

good to know, I'll bring my bat and ball

In Thailand the telecast starts around noon if I'm correct.

................................................................................................................

In Thailand the telecast starts around noon if I'm correct.

[/quotmost are day/night games that start at 14.30 aussie daylight saving time whih is 10.30 thai time and the ones in nz will be on even earlier]

any holes a goal

The Aussies should do it. No one has really come close to us over the last 12 months on home soils and we have had a fair few injuries

In November the South Africans won 1 and lost 4 to us and we were hoping for a better showing from them. Also we did it without our most fearsome bowler Mitchell Johnson.

and he seems rather keen to hurt some people with headlines like this

MITCHELL Johnson has warned England there's nowhere to hide ahead of the World Cup opener in Melbourne,

Mitch's bowling is usually more effective than his talking  . 

Mikeyboy

Well, it all starts in a short while from now. Kiwis vs Sri Lanka in the opening game.

just watching it on sky sports two[via mini box] england have won toss and decided to bowl

any holes a goal

Hi, where in patts would be the best place to watch a bit of cricket ? Preferably somewhere there is a bit room to sit and decent size screens .

Cheers .

Wetherspoons and Metro appts plus many other places on soi buakhao are showing it as i write . 

England chasing a big total 340 ,  29 -1 off 5 in reply   Need a big hundred from 1 of the top 4 to have any chance . Bell ? .  Oz strong favourites to win from here . 

Mikeyboy 

Spent the day at the MCG today watching Australia and England in the first world cup game in Australia. NZ had beaten Sri Lanka in their first game earlier today.

A week before the game, the forecast had been for 37 degrees. Thankfully, that changed through the week, and after wild storms and heavy rain in Melbourne yesterday and overnight, the forecast was for it to only reach 27. Very pleasant indeed. And whilst it was not quite packed to capacity, the crowd at the MCG was over 84,000.

Being Aussie, I was hoping and expecting us to win, but also hoping for an entertaining game.As it turned out, both of those wishes were granted.

England's first mistake was sending us in.

Their second came soon after, when Finch should've been out without scoring. But the chance...and a very straight forward chance it was too.....went begging. He went on to make 135, carting the English bowlers to all parts of the ground.

There were a lot of highlights.

-Finch smashing the English bowling all over the park.

-Maxwell doing that too

-Haddin........same same

-Broad being roundly booed by 84,000 people every time he went near the ball......well maybe not all of them.......but most....I know I did. When it was his turn to bat, he was in a BIG hurry to get out there and avoid being booed for too long.

-Broad having his stumps re-arranged on the first ball he faced.

-Finn taking a hat trick...albeit a belated one. He took his hat trick with the last three balls of the innings. However, by that stage, Australia had amassed a massive score of 342.

-Mitch Marsh taking five wickets.

-Steve smith's incredible catch.

-The batting of James Taylor...he batted superbly and was the only standout player for England on a forgettable day for them.

The match ended in a strange way. I think Anderson was given out LBW. It was over-turned after going to DRS. But he was then given out Run out anyway. It was a shame that Taylor ran out of partners and missed his century. He deserved one after the way he played.

There were plenty of English supporters in the crowd. One sitting next to me was very loud and confident before the game started, predicting that Jimmy Anderson was going to bowl Australia out for less than 150. He went very quiet very quickly as Finch and Warner had Australia scoring 50 after the first 6 overs or so. To his credit, he stuck it out for nearly the whole match, leaving when England lost their 9th wicket, still about 150 runs behind.

So it was a great start to the tournament for the two host nations who both had very convincing wins. They, along with South Africa, should fight it out for the trophy I think.

England, apart from Taylor, were very ordinary, and look a long way behind.

I took a few photos...not many, and nothing too exciting.

IMAG0095 edit.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

Very good snaps Dazza, congrats on the win.

I felt sorry for Taylor who was prevented from possibly scoring a fantastic ton at the MCG buy an umpire mistake.

I really hate to admit it but Australia is miles ahead of us in the ODI format of Cricket.  I woke up at 8:00am(UK time) looked at the score then went back to bed as I knew it was game over.  

Really looking forward to Pakistan v India – wish I had a ticket. I may get up early ish for this.

I am adopting Pakistan as my 2nd team.

just put it on my tv india won the toss and decided to bat watching it on my mini box in pattaya [sky sports two]

any holes a goal

Dazza , thanks for the MCG pictures ,  i hope one day to watch a match there .

Mikeyboy

Dazza , thanks for the MCG pictures ,  i hope one day to watch a match there .

Mikeyboy

Quite an amazing atmosphere in there when there's a big crowd. 84,000 + yesterday.

Biggest crowd that I've been a part of there was at the 1998 and 1999 AFL Grand Finals....there were 94,000 both those days.

Biggest ever crowd there was before it was an all seat arena, back in 1970. A very famous grand final for a number of reasons. 121,000 there that day.

The MCG is a big colloseum and whilst not as scenic as other sporting arenas in Australia, it's unbeatable for atmosphere and excitement with a big crowd.

Hi, where in patts would be the best place to watch a bit of cricket ? Preferably somewhere there is a bit room to sit and decent size screens .

Cheers .

Everyday from 2pm here @ The Hunny Pot 55" screen. Will look at opening early for the finals.

Blue Sky Group Ban Chang 0861415944 

https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Sky-Group-Ban-Chang-110095910415280

Archived