IGNORED

Pastrami and Rye Jomtien

I had breakfast there a couple of days ago and thought the food was really good.  I have the pancakes with eggs, sausage and coffee.  One of the things about this place is that the portions are generous, which is unlike many places here.  The pancakes were large and relatively fluffy, which I like.  The best part of the breakfast was the eggs, which were scrambled perfectly (not runny and not burnt!).  It seems like everywhere else you go they screw up the eggs!  This was also the first time I have ever had sausage patties here in Pattaya.  I also thought the coffee was good and not too thin like lots of places here in town.  This place and Carl Jrs are heaven for us guys from the states looking for American style food.  Good thing I walk 10k a day or I would gain back the 20kilos that I have lost!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it's a great new option for breakfast.

I tried the biscuits with a cream sausage bits sauce.

The biscuits were fluffier than I expected but the flavor was right.

The portion indeed was generous. 

Two biscuits, massive amount of sauce (which I mostly didn't eat, just wanted the flavor) and yes decent Americano coffee all for 99 baht.

Can't beat it with a stick.

I am no expert on southern biscuits (biscuits are definitely a southern thing) so would like to hear what Southerners think about them.

Someone on their facebook mentioned that they wish they would offer breakfast corned beef hash as they've got the beef already.

Great suggestion I think. 

Warning, breakfast stops at 11am... will try again tomorrow. Maybe...

I love it!  Classic....

I saw on their FB page they commented on that because someone was posting some rude comments about it.

went next door to the continental bakery, i think it's called?

lovely ham and cheese and onion omelet for 100 baht... or 110...

good internet too.

I saw on their FB page they commented on that because someone was posting some rude comments about it.

hey, it's their business, but at 11am I wanted breakfast, not a 300 baht sandwich.  I will try their sandwich too, brought the menus back to the room, they deliver for 30 baht...

open till 10.

Was this movie "Big Daddy" or "Big Daddee"?

hahaha, reminds me of a time when my kids were little and I was single parenting them on a plane...  the boy had to go right now, and the plane was taxiing...

caused all sorts of stress...  the plane had to stop, hahaha.

Yeah their brekkie stops at 11. Definitely too early. I hear the owners are talking about extending it to noon, but not yet, and clearly they have no intention of ever offering breakfast all day. From their business POV that does make sense. 

Yeah their brekkie stops at 11. Definitely too early. I hear the owners are talking about extending it to noon, but not yet, and clearly they have no intention of ever offering breakfast all day. From their business POV that does make sense. 

Sean and his dad take feedback seriously, but they are also there to make money... 

not complaining, they can do what they want, but I walked two doors over and had a wonderful breakfast.

at 11am I am not likely to want a pastrami sandwich...  oh, and I walked in before 11, but by the time I was interacting with the waitress it was 2-3 minutes after... everyone around me was eating breakfast... was a bit disappointing, but again, up to the boss.

not gonna make it for breakfast today, but will get by there eventually.

:)

I would love a pastrami sandwich for brekkie!!!!  What a great idea :)

OK, made it there well before their 11am cutoff for breakfast, and I am very glad I did!

Ordered the Big American Breakfast, cause I am a big American after all, haha...

Toast, two pieces of real, tasty smoked and thick bacon, two patties of home made real sausage, 2 eggs (maybe it was three?) over easy and all cooked to perfection...

I substituted a biscuit for the toast and had a cup of the sausage gravy, I am not a biscuit and gravy guy, cannot say I have ever had it before, but it was delicious!  Washed it all down with two lovely cafe latte's, and got to chat a bit with the owner Sean...

Next time I would just order the biscuits and gravy as a 99 baht side I think!

The highlights were the eggs were actually over easy and runny the way I like, the bacon was thick and the very best I have had in Thailand, and the sausage, again, was delicious.

Will definitely go again before I head out of Jomtien on the 21st!

And will also be ordering a pastrami sandwich to be delivered I am sure!

Thanks for the scouting report, Daddee!

Sean and his dad are nice blokes...

Next time take some photo's Daddee!

Sean and his dad are nice blokes...

Next time take some photo's Daddee!

ya, I thought of it, will do so next time!

:)

According to the Pastrami on Rye & American Pizza Factory FB page they will be closed

Saturday, April 18 - Monday, April 20

10 Baht is correct. Try not to give 100 note & wait for the change, one time the driver grabbed it and took off... with my arm still inside the cab

10 Baht is correct. Try not to give 100 note & wait for the change, one time the driver grabbed it and took off... with my arm still inside the cab

So do you now only have the one arm?

I am no expert on southern biscuits (biscuits are definitely a southern thing) so would like to hear what Southerners think about them.

I had a sausage biscuit with egg and cheese on it today and it was very good.  Also, I from the south and the biscuits are just like they are at home.....excellent!!

So do you now only have the one arm?

Pulled it out in the nick of time !  

I recently had a deli sandwich there (I had in the past quite a while ago at their old location) and while the meat was quite good I had a real issue with the rye bread. It was darkish in color and I believe rye flour was used to bake it but it didn't smell like rye bread at all and it was very mushy and soft and really no distinctive rye flavor at all that I detected. The bread fell apart when I lifted the sandwich. That is not supposed to happen with a deli corned beef or pastrami on rye. I had to eat the sandwich with a fork. In my opinion and experience rye bread for these sandwiches should be quite a sturdy, firm bread and you should never need to eat it with a fork. Also you should smell and hopefully taste the rye. Personally, I can't see ordering many of these sandwiches with that bread unless they change it. Has anyone else noticed this issue with the rye bread?  To me it is a very dumbed down rye bread. I wonder if it's intentional but I really can't accept it. The sandwiches aren't cheap, the portions are not even close to what people might expect at a famous NYC deli but I really am fine with the price except for the bread. If an item has basically two ingredients then if one doesn't cut it, to me that's a real problem. 

Archived