IGNORED

Pastrami and Rye Jomtien

Hello, seen their website and the food looks delicious, would any of you fellow addicts recommend this eatery?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went in for the first time yesterday during a bar crawl. I had a corned beef on rye. Not an expert on New York deli sandwiches but it was different to the salt beef bagels of London's Brick Lane. Beef cut in thin slices rather than steaming thick wedges. It was tasty though.

I would question the pricing however. 300 baht for a sandwich is on a par with London

Yes not cheap but you get what you pay for quality

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

They have quality products no doubt about that, as said above I think the price point is to high and their location is 2 time zones away from Pattaya!  (I know they are building one closer)  It is a 400B plus meal once you add up the price of a sandwich, side, drink and Baht Buss!

They have quality products no doubt about that, as said above I think the price point is to high and their location is 2 time zones away from Pattaya!  (I know they are building one closer)  It is a 400B plus meal once you add up the price of a sandwich, side, drink and Baht Buss!

Yep, I wouldn't pay that however good the sandwich was.

Only paid B 450 for an all you can eat BBQ meal for two on 3rd Rd last night including drinks.

Went in for the first time yesterday during a bar crawl. I had a corned beef on rye. Not an expert on New York deli sandwiches but it was different to the salt beef bagels of London's Brick Lane. Beef cut in thin slices rather than steaming thick wedges. It was tasty though.

I would question the pricing however. 300 baht for a sandwich is on a par with London

That is New York deli style corned beef, yes, sliced thin. In the U.S. corned beef (salt beef to Brits) is not usually served on bagels.

Yes it's expensive but people shouldn't be eating food like that very often anyway (high fat processed meats) so maybe consider it a special treat (for those that like it).

Yes, I would recommend.  Had thick crust pizza last month.  Delivered in 45 minutes.  Very tasty, good sauce and ingredients.  Had meatball sandwich a couple of weeks ago.  Very good meatballs.  Last year had their pastrami sandwich.  Just like home in LA.  They are opening a new place on Thappraya Rd.  They are planning on serving full breakfast.  I cannot wait as close by my home.  As Soi 7 said, not the cheapest but really good qualify.

Daylight was something God made so that life was not one endless party.

Nutosf

Their products are top quality...But expensive that's true...I had a roubin sandwich with pickles and potato salad ...it was fantastic

IMG_1268.JPG

IMG_1270.JPG

Had pizza there it was only okay definitely not the best in Patts and a friend said his pastrami sandwich was too dry.

• 2 months later...

Tried out Pastrami and Rye it was a decent attempt at pastrami considering its Thailand. The sandwich was a bit dry for my taste as well as the potato salad which was basically potato and mayonnaise absolutely tasteless.  The pickle was also different than Im used to, it was on the sweeter side, no dill flavor and tasted like they used rice wine vinegar to pickle it. At 40 baht for a 1/4 spear it was way overpriced.

I had breakfsat this morning at the new location. It's easy to miss when driving by as the sign over the shop can only be seen when you are almost directly in front of it on the road. It is on Thappraya on the left just a little ways past Theprasit (When coming from Pattaya). Look for the sign for the "Continental", it's easier to see and Pastrami & Rye is three shops further down.

I put my breakfast together a la carte. I ordered the biscuits and gravy, a side of two eggs, and a side of sausage, and coffee.

Everything was excellent and the sausage was good US style breakfast sausage (patties, not links). The biscuit was just like the ones in Denny's and much better than the ones in the only other place I know of that serves biscuits and gravy. SOS is available a few places but biscuits are rare.

Very filling, and the cost was 174 Baht, very decent value in my opinion. I thought I was going to be charged for the coffee but it is included with the biscuits and gravy as they are considered as a "Breakfast" rather than a side order.

It seemed like they had only one set of salt and pepper and kept taking it from one table to the next. Little things like that will get sorted out rather quickly.

Also I noticed the staff cannot see about half of the seating so you might need to go let them know you snuck in and sat down or are ready to pay. Not a proiblem at all but some people do get anal about small things like that.

So basically it was good food, good service, and good value. I'll be back, but since I live in Naklua it is a bit out of the way. It's perfect for folks from Pattaya going to do a 90-Day Report.

Actually there was one negative, but it was a customer, not the food or staff. A douchebag biker came in and carried his bike into the outdoor seating area and blocked off the seating for one of the four tabes and then he went and sat at a different table. The outdoor seating has four 4-seat tables and he was using up two of them. Worse was that he set his bike helmet and dew rag on one of the chairs and they were dripping sweat all over the nice upholstered  cushion. There was a actually a puddle under the chair. I don't think the death penalty would have been appropriate but shoving a cattle prod up his ass would have been justified.

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/

I had breakfsat this morning at the new location. It's easy to miss when driving by as the sign over the shop can only be seen when you are almost directly in front of it on the road. It is on Thappraya on the left just a little ways past Theprasit (When coming from Pattaya). Look for the sign for the "Continental", it's easier to see and Pastrami & Rye is three shops further down.

I put my breakfast together a la carte. I ordered the biscuits and gravy, a side of two eggs, and a side of sausage, and coffee.

Everything was excellent and the sausage was good US style breakfast sausage (patties, not links). The biscuit was just like the ones in Denny's and much better than the ones in the only other place I know of that serves biscuits and gravy. SOS is available a few places but biscuits are rare.

Very filling, and the cost was 174 Baht, very decent value in my opinion. I thought I was going to be charged for the coffee but it is included with the biscuits and gravy as they are considered as a "Breakfast" rather than a side order.

It seemed like they had only one set of salt and pepper and kept taking it from one table to the next. Little things like that will get sorted out rather quickly.

Also I noticed the staff cannot see about half of the seating so you might need to go let them know you snuck in and sat down or are ready to pay. Not a proiblem at all but some people do get anal about small things like that.

So basically it was good food, good service, and good value. I'll be back, but since I live in Naklua it is a bit out of the way. It's perfect for folks from Pattaya going to do a 90-Day Report.

Actually there was one negative, but it was a customer, not the food or staff. A douchebag biker came in and carried his bike into the outdoor seating area and blocked off the seating for one of the four tabes and then he went and sat at a different table. The outdoor seating has four 4-seat tables and he was using up two of them. Worse was that he set his bike helmet and dew rag on one of the chairs and they were dripping sweat all over the nice upholstered  cushion. There was a actually a puddle under the chair. I don't think the death penalty would have been appropriate but shoving a cattle prod up his ass would have been justified.

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/

Actually there was one negative, but it was a customer, not the food or staff. A douchebag biker came in and carried his bike into the outdoor seating area and blocked off the seating for one of the four tabes and then he went and sat at a different table. The outdoor seating has four 4-seat tables and he was using up two of them. Worse was that he set his bike helmet and dew rag on one of the chairs and they were dripping sweat all over the nice upholstered cushion. There was a actually a puddle under the chair. I don't think the death penalty would have been appropriate but shoving a cattle prod up his ass would have been justified.

Should have just smacked him around the head with a metal pipe ( thai style)

I eat at the new location at least one a week and the food is excellent. Highly recommended.!  My favorite is the Cuban sandwich, which is just like you get them in South Florida.  The deep dish pizza is also very good as well.  Typically I am not able to finish the sandwiches in one sitting and take it home to eat later.  Not cheap, but worth every baht.  

I want to try the American style breakfasts they have and one of their pizza's. I like the breakfasts at The Golf Club and this looks good as well always been interested in this biscuits and gravy many Americans love so much. If I'm staying in central Pattaya what's the easiest way to get there?

I want to try the American style breakfasts they have and one of their pizza's. I like the breakfasts at The Golf Club and this looks good as well always been interested in this biscuits and gravy many Americans love so much. If I'm staying in central Pattaya what's the easiest way to get there?

Curious about this, as well.  

I'm pretty inept when it comes to the baht bus routes, but is it possible to take a baht bus there for 10 or 20 baht?  

Let's say that I am at Central Festival and want to get to Pastrami and Rye.  Is it fairly easy/possible to do without: (a) taking a moto taxi (I ain't getting on one of those death traps even if they're giving blowjobs with the sandwiches) or (b) taking a private taxi or songtaew, which would set me back 200-250 baht each way and make the meal prohibitively expensive (sorry, but I ain't paying $25-30 USD for a sandwich in Pattaya).

the baht bus goes right by this place, get on the ones queued up pointed south on second road near Walking Street... 10 baht.  the last one in line loads up, and takes off when full.

to get back you will have to cross the road, then flag a passing one down...  again, 10 baht, and when going this direction they continue on down second road past central festival etc... 

the baht bus goes right by this place, get on the ones queued up pointed south on second road near walking street... 10 baht.  the last one in line loads up, and takes off when full.

to get back you will have to cross the road, then flag a passing one down...  again, 10 baht, and when going this direction they continue on down second road past central festival etc... 

Thanks, Daddee!  

For that little, I think I'll definitely try them out on my next trip!

I am thinking of walking over to try it out today, it's across the street from the entrance to my condo...

:)

I am thinking of walking over to try it out today, it's across the street from the entrance to my condo...

Do a breakfast review.. :GoldenSmile1:

+1!

+1!

No use a Limey doing it, be like feeding strawberries to a pig... :GoldenSmile1:

the baht bus goes right by this place, get on the ones queued up pointed south on second road near walking street... 10 baht.  the last one in line loads up, and takes off when full.

Just a reminder, when going back into Pattaya, the fare is 10 baht if you get off prior to or at the queue at starting point Daddee posted. If you choose to stay on the baht bus past this point (for example, going on to Central Festival), the fare is 20 baht. I usually just hand the driver a 20 baht note, smile, and walk away.

Just a reminder, when going back into Pattaya, the fare is 10 baht if you get off prior to or at the queue at starting point Daddee posted. If you choose to stay on the baht bus past this point (for example, going on to Central Festival), the fare is 20 baht. I usually just hand the driver a 20 baht note, smile, and walk away.

I just hand over 10 Baht and walk away, even from Jomtien to Naklua. That is the correct fare.

I did this yesterday, caught the baht bus in Jomtien, got off by Central, handed the guy a 20 baht note and he made change...

so mscott is correct.

Archived