Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pastrami and Rye Jomtien

I've not been in there or any of the places on that stretch I only go to foodland and to take the bus to the airport,it's a horrible location why in God's name would anybody want to sit with 4 lanes of exhaust belching traffic fumes with there pastrami on Rye? It's beyond me.

Agreed.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are off on the former location a little. POR was about 50 M south of Thepprasit on Thappraya, well away from the buses etc.

I passed it yesterday on my way to foodland,4 lanes of traffic including tour buses, awfull location.

I passed it yesterday on my way to foodland,4 lanes of traffic including tour buses, awfull location.

This is a city. 

It was not an awful location at all.

quite the good location, their problem is the didnt have a lit up sign, nor any signs perpendicular to the traffic, so you cannot see it when driving.  If they had proper signs, 4 lanes of traffic is the best you can ask for.

I assume you mean FoodMart?

I take it you never eat in a restaurant on Beach Road or Second Road in Pattaya either?

Or Third Road...

Or Jomtien beach road...

Or Soi Buakhao....

Or Naklua Road...

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

It looks like PoR is officially done here in Pattaya. They had a posting in FB today stating that their brand has been sold and will be reopened to an outfit in BKK. They also stated that there American Pizza Factory brand is currently for sale as well.

It looks like PoR is officially done here in Pattaya. They had a posting in FB today stating that their brand has been sold and will be reopened to an outfit in BKK. They also stated that there American Pizza Factory brand is currently for sale as well.

Sad to see them gone as was a quality diner n some good food too.

Gutted to say the least as was handy for the condo in Jomtien.

Guess the thai landlords got too greedy with the rent??

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Sad to see them gone as was a quality diner n some good food too.

Gutted to say the least as was handy for the condo in Jomtien.

Guess the thai landlords got too greedy with the rent??

No.

A successful business doesn't go under because of a rent rise, it relocates and uses the money its made it equip a new premises and start a fresh with its existing customer base and probably in a larger premises to cope with the demand..

This was a failed business venture and the cause was its products were overpriced, it simply didn't sell enough of them to generate profits to relocate.

The place was nearly always empty or virtually so and they just didn't get their main market in the now extremely long low season were price sensitive Expats and long stay guys who wouldn't regularly pay the price of a full meal for a sandwich.

The sandwiches were good but not worth the price  for the vast majority of people that went anywhere near the place, maybe if it had been on Beach Road in Pattaya it may have survived on just the tourist market at those high prices.

Get people in for BIG 200 baht sandwiches and they also buy drinks and deserts, their margins on the food would have been smaller but the turnover would have been much higher as would their other profit making sales. 

There is definitely a demand for its stuff and maybe they will have better luck in Bangkok, heaps of working Expats there who may not mind paying top dollar.

I'm sorry it failed but they only have themselves to blame, not some greedy landlord, for their demise.

"it's a horrible location why in God's name would anybody want to sit with 4 lanes of exhaust belching traffic fumes"   I agree, I  am just waiting for these places to close becasue of it too:

Brunos

News Cafe

Gians

Frazers

Marcos

Indian

Pan Pan

Bakery

etc etc

you boys need to get a day job or open your eyes.   A busy street is the best you can hope for, PonR just never took advantage of it without any signage

I assume you mean FoodMart?

I take it you never eat in a restaurant on Beach Road or Second Road in Pattaya either?

Or Third Road...

Or Jomtien beach road...

Or Soi Buakhao....

Or Naklua Road...

Only Jomtien Beach road,I stopped staying in pattaya

because of the pollution caused by the traffic,so you know where my head is at I avoid it, only been there 3 times in 7 weeks.good luck with your health all those who live there you will need it.

Sadly never tried it.  I always wanted to, but I rarely venture from Central Pattaya.  Hell, my last trip was the first time that I made it as far as Third Road!  555

I gotta admit that, over the past few weeks, their "public announcements" have been pretty damn confusing:

- location closed

- no, we're not closed, but will be opening again tomorrow

- limited hours

- going back to a home-based delivery service

- nope - we're done

I was planning to try them via Food Panda last week when I was in Pattaya, but chose not to do so given the inconsistency of their FB posts (and the rumor mill)

Wish them well on whatever their next venture is

The American chef was a personable bloke. I wonder where he went?

i have breakfast with him some mornings, still cooking for the take out stuff

"it's a horrible location why in God's name would anybody want to sit with 4 lanes of exhaust belching traffic fumes"   I agree, I  am just waiting for these places to close becasue of it too:

Brunos

News Cafe

Gians

Frazers

Marcos

Indian

Pan Pan

Bakery

etc etc

you boys need to get a day job or open your eyes.   A busy street is the best you can hope for, PonR just never took advantage of it without any signage

Few of those places actually have much in the way of outdoor seating close to the road, though Linda's (which you dont mention) certainly does. Thappraya Road is much too busy with traffic for me to want to sit near it at any time, especially when eating.

Few of those places actually have much in the way of outdoor seating close to the road, though Linda's (which you dont mention) certainly does. Thappraya Road is much too busy with traffic for me to want to sit near it at any time, especially when eating.

guess you would sit in the inside then with tv and air-conditioning with many tables, instead of sitting outside then.   Cant get a much better location, they just didnt take advantage of it

guess you would sit in the inside then with tv and air-conditioning with many tables, instead of sitting outside then.   Cant get a much better location, they just didnt take advantage of it

no parking

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

no parking

tons of motorcycle parking out front, always spaces.  I can park my car on the road anytime, usually within a few spaces aways sometimes have to park in front of the 7, easy peasy

• 8 months later...

FYI        Jim, the cook and manager at PonR is now cooking at the beach at Pirate Bay, Jomtien, next to the police station

38 minutes ago, just hanging said:

FYI        Jim, the cook and manager at PonR is now cooking at the beach at Pirate Bay, Jomtien, next to the police station

Good news. He did a good breakfast.

Where is the Pastrami on Rye owner working now?

2 hours ago, just hanging said:

Yes this is good news. And Pirate Bay, by the way, is a nice addition to that part of Jomtien... For us Americans, it’s a nice place to watch live USA sports in the mornings (opens 7 AM) with great breakfast and friendly folks. 

went to pirate bay today to watch the MMA fights, and Jim made my old favorite.   bacon cheeseburger omelet, but scrambled 

IMG_6018.jpg

IMG_6017.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived