IGNORED

Roast Duck at Leng Kee Restaurant

Evil Penevil

Yes,  come up to Soi Baowkao turn left and and walk till you reach Pattaya Klang and then turn left and you are at Leng Kee.

At present they will have a row of food pots outside as it is 10 days  celebration of vegetarian food

They do have the pots... Wondered what that was about.  Very busy, no seating (without waiting) last night when I was there

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes,  come up to Soi Baowkao turn left and and walk till you reach Pattaya Klang and then turn left and you are at Leng Kee.

At present they will have a row of food pots outside as it is 10 days  celebration of vegetarian food

thanks mate. I never seem to get past the massage shops on Soi Honey. I will try tomorrow.

thanks mate. I never seem to get past the massage shops on Soi Honey. I will try tomorrow.

Following Cerebus's directions, right before you hit Pattayaklang and make that left to go to LengKee, on your left there are a few "legitimate" massage shops that offer great services, starting at 100baht - Don't know if this is common elsewhere, but it seemed the closer I got the beach the more expensive massages got.  Went to one place almost every day since it was a stone's throw away from the LK Royal Wing where I was staying.. so relaxing, fell asleep a number of times during :)  Give em a shot if you're looking for some... release ;)

Always happy to help a fellow monger :)  Stay safe & healthy gentlemen!!!  :hello09:

does this place have HongKong style chinese food,      sweet and sour  - kung pau  and the like   for example or just seafood?

does this place have HongKong style chinese food,      sweet and sour  - kung pau  and the like   for example or just seafood?

No, it has Thai style Chinese Food.

Correct. Chinese or Peking duck has spices and condiments stuffed in the cavity and is bathed in a boiling mixture to tighten the skin then hung to dry overnight. The drying process is what gives it the red appeaarence when roasted. The authentic version of this has one more process. Air is pumped into the neck cavity to seperate the skin from the body of the duck then hung. This gives you a super crispy, tasty skin. This is our 'Peking duck' but without the last process I mentioned. Great in curries or served on it's own with plum or orange sauce.

attachicon.gifPekingDuck.jpeg

I can be wrong, but I think Peking duck is slightly caramelised.

I can be wrong, but I think Peking duck is slightly caramelised.

Yes, traditionally it is glazed with maltose syrup, but honey- or molasses-based glaze is often used nowadays.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

<p>

I had a midnight supper of roast duck and steamed rice at Leng Kee Restaurant near the corner of Soi Bukhao and Pattaya Klang. Although Leng Kee has over 1,100 Thai and Chinese dishes listed on its menu, a medium order of roast duck at 200 baht was enough for me. The steamed rice was 10 baht and a SML was 60 baht.

post-9139-0-94472400-1412720906.jpg ..

post-9139-0-17412800-1412720904.jpg

post-9139-0-41784700-1412720901.jpg

The duck was perfectly cooked and very succulent.

post-9139-0-23082300-1412720863.jpg

post-9139-0-30073400-1412720866.jpg

It was served in a delicious sauce and came with pickled ginger, a few greens and a super spicy dipping sauce. One tiny drop of that sauce just about burned a hole in my tongue.

post-9139-0-40092600-1412720876.jpg

I've eaten at Leng Kee a number of times and the meals there have always been good. However, the other dishes, whether Chinese or Thai, haven't "wowwed" me. It's the duck that keeps me coming back. I consider it the best I've had in Pattaya at a modestly priced restaurant.

post-9139-0-68123100-1412720869.jpg

post-9139-0-31809600-1412720873.jpg

Besides the great duck, I like the fact Leng Kee is open 24 hours a day and is very clean. I also appreciate that many dishes come in three sizes (small, medium, large) at 80/200/350 or 400 baht. The service is prompt and correct, but the waiters can at times seem a bit surly. That's understandable, as I've witnessed some foreign tourists giving them a really hard time.

Bottom line: An excellent place to go for duck, good for other Chinese and Thai dishes.

Now who's going to be the first one to say you can get better duck at a cheaper price elsewhere?

Evil

devil.gif

Attached Images

• post-9139-0-40570400-1412720879.jpg
  • post-9139-0-36160900-1412720882.jpg
  • post-9139-0-11994300-1412720886.jpg
  • post-9139-0-40552700-1412720891.jpg
  • post-9139-0-74248900-1412720894.jpg
  • post-9139-0-09528400-1412720898.jpg
Convient motorbike parking to the right as you face the restaurant next to the dock,always Good

why do they not have a menu outside? At least they have not have when I have walk by.

Basically, because they have no need to, due to a high level of return trade.

If you are too shy to stop and ask for a look at the menu, then its your loss.

Been here once 2 years ago thought the restaurant was ok . My thai ex order like 3 dish at once 

She was not too impress with the chicken feet soup but I thought it was really nice when she pass it onto me . The cheek of my ex she still manage to walk across the street after to get some sticky rice and mango thai girls know how to stuff themselves 

Reading the reviews of the duck here is music to my ears as I'm staying at LK royal wing in March as they don't do breakfast there . So looks like this place will have me trying out all the menu especially as I love the MK duck so will have a go here for the duck first night I've arrive 

20140114_182414.jpg

20140114_182418.jpg

20140114_183008.jpg

20140114_183011.jpg

I'm staying at LK royal wing in March as they don't do breakfast there . So looks like this place will have me trying out all the menu especially as I love the MK duck so will have a go here for the duck first night I've arrive 

I stayed there in an executive suite last trip..  That probably is the closest "good" food destination to the hotel.

Let me know if your room is coming apart at the seams like mine was.  That whole building is held together with ducktape - I bet the ceiling in elevator is still packed full of dead insects :D

Always happy to help a fellow monger :)  Stay safe & healthy gentlemen!!!  :hello09:

Basically, because they have no need to, due to a high level of return trade.

If you are too shy to stop and ask for a look at the menu, then its your loss.

It is not like it is hard to find a empty seat. So its their loss.

• 1 month later...

MK resturants roast duck isn't very good, also the duck at Fra resturant by the corner of Walking Street isn't great either, I'm staying in soi honey for my next trip and will attempt to find Leng Kee and try there roast duck, roast duck is one of my fave dishes so I will give a review very soon

I'm staying in soi honey for my next trip and will attempt to find Leng Kee and try there roast duck, roast duck is one of my fave dishes so I will give a review very soon

Walk up Soi Honey to Soi Buakhao, wave down a baht bus going north, and travel along Soi Buakhao until you reach Pattaya Glang junction.

Get off, and Leng Kee is just on your left.

its amazing a thread about duck can go on for so long

...As an Indian I pride myself in having the best curries and some of the best food on the planet, but this Leng kee really humbled me. I had Chinese Roast Duck in Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines all run by Chinese themselves and I use to say...That's all you got.

and then Leng Kee happened and it completely changed my perspective on Chinese food. Leng Kee Roast Duck alters your DNA to higher state and changes your perspective on life  :GoldenSmile1:

When I reach pattaya - The first thing I do is go to Leng kee for  Roast Duck and tom yum goong (thai soup). Last time i ate here for a week straight lunch and dinner and when I reached home back in India, everyone from my parents to friends commented how my looks have changed and my skin tone is flaw less and that my face has a glow  :hello09:

and being an Indian, no one has ever commented how handsome I look, only Leng kee was able to do that to me  :hello09:

Simply the best duck in Pattaya

Not in my opinion. It's just ok to me. My favorite duck (better by far than Leng Kee to me) is at the place at the foot of Theprasit as I wrote earlier in this thread.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9045088,100.8696768,3a,15y,334.78h,87.16t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sGsDZKn-HQImR6s5WMyhQ3A!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DGsDZKn-HQImR6s5WMyhQ3A%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D286.04395%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656

Been here once 2 years ago thought the restaurant was ok . My thai ex order like 3 dish at once 

She was not too impress with the chicken feet soup but I thought it was really nice when she pass it onto me . The cheek of my ex she still manage to walk across the street after to get some sticky rice and mango thai girls know how to stuff themselves 

Reading the reviews of the duck here is music to my ears as I'm staying at LK royal wing in March as they don't do breakfast there . So looks like this place will have me trying out all the menu especially as I love the MK duck so will have a go here for the duck first night I've arrive 

I've only had duck at MK once, but it was better than Leng Kee. I'm no expert here. MK is much more expensive, I believe.

MK resturants roast duck isn't very good, also the duck at Fra resturant by the corner of walking street isn't great either, I'm staying in soi honey for my next trip and will attempt to find Leng Kee and try there roast duck, roast duck is one of my fave dishes so I will give a review very soon

See my remarks above.

...As an Indian I pride myself in having the best curries and some of the best food on the planet, but this Leng kee really humbled me. I had Chinese Roast Duck in Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines all run by Chinese themselves and I use to say...That's all you got.

and then Leng Kee happened and it completely changed my perspective on Chinese food. Leng Kee Roast Duck alters your DNA to higher state and changes your perspective on life  :GoldenSmile1:

When I reach pattaya - The first thing I do is go to Leng kee for  Roast Duck and tom yum goong (thai soup). Last time i ate here for a week straight lunch and dinner and when I reached home back in India, everyone from my parents to friends commented how my looks have changed and my skin tone is flaw less and that my face has a glow  :hello09:

and being an Indian, no one has ever commented how handsome I look, only Leng kee was able to do that to me  :hello09:

Surprising post to me. I'd be curious about your opinion about the place I mention above.

I used to buy the duck at Leng Kee regularly 15 or so years ago, but they went downhill. It's still ok, but the duck at the Theprasit store is much better to me, albeit a bit more expensive. She charges 250 baht for half a duck take away. Leng Kee is more like 200.

I have to agree the roast duck is better at the Thepprasit place.

Got the 150 baht portion the other day (200 for larger) and WOW it was really remarkably good. 

It's a different style than Leng Kee. I like Leng Kee too but between the two, no contest.

Not in my opinion. It's just ok to me. My favorite duck (better by far than Leng Kee to me) is at the place at the foot of Theprasit as I wrote earlier in this thread.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9045088,100.8696768,3a,15y,334.78h,87.16t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sGsDZKn-HQImR6s5WMyhQ3A!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DGsDZKn-HQImR6s5WMyhQ3A%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D286.04395%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656

I've only had duck at MK once, but it was better than Leng Kee. I'm no expert here. MK is much more expensive, I believe.

See my remarks above.

Surprising post to me. I'd be curious about your opinion about the place I mention above.

I used to buy the duck at Leng Kee regularly 15 or so years ago, but they went downhill. It's still ok, but the duck at the Theprasit store is much better to me, albeit a bit more expensive. She charges 250 baht for half a duck take away. Leng Kee is more like 200.

Thanks for the info. Will check it out.

Walk up Soi Honey to Soi Buakhao, wave down a baht bus going north, and travel along Soi Buakhao until you reach Pattaya Glang junction.

Get off, and Leng Kee is just on your left.

Thank you, I will find this place on my next trip

I love a good duck. Rhymes with...

Might have a look in when I am around LK area.

Fra Pattaya cafe/restaurant on Pattaya Tai between WS and Second Road does pretty damn good duck and roast pork 

Ordered the 200 baht portion of duck at Leng Kee and rice for GF and myself. Enough to share together, I also ordered th3 onion rings for 80 baht; they never came but were charged for on the bill.  Pointed out the error  and the guy wanted us to stay there and he'd get the cook to make the onion rings. We'd already reminded him half way thru eating the duck. He took the 80 baht off the bill but you could tell he didn't want to. I'll look other places to eat from now on, Leng Kee can't be the only good duck in town.wew

Oh, we've been there before that is how we knew to order the 200 baht dish and split. We have bought the whole duck and taken home 3 or 4 times. Just didn't like the snotty attitude of the servers I guess. 

Archived