Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Is this the beginning of the end for multi entry tourist visas?

Dave Hedgehog

...hopefully this will be the end of changes to immigration laws for a long time to come   :-)

There are no changes to immigration law (except perhaps the over-stay penalties if they are implemented). They are clamping down on people who are abusing systems put in place for visitors. These systems are not meant to allow people to reside and/or work in Thailand. Genuine tourists will not notice any changes.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are no changes to immigration law (except perhaps the over-stay penalties if they are implemented). They are clamping down on people who are abusing systems put in place for visitors. These systems are not meant to allow people to reside and/or work in Thailand. Genuine tourists will not notice any changes.

Good to know. None of these recent clamp-downs effect me at all.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

I keep hearing the date August 12 being bounced around. So do you know exactly what is happening on August 12, other than Mother's Day & The Queen's Birthday? Is immigration meeting on August 12, or new regulations take effect from August 12?

12 August is when they will start enforcing the in-out ban at airports.  Up to now it's supposedly only been enforced at land borders.

Maybe it was this story you saw in passing?

Due to the Queens Birthday on August 12th and the government having declared August 11th an extra holiday, immigration will be closed on the 9th (Saturday and open again on the 13th.

Of course border checkpoints will remain open as usual.

Coming over in the next couple of months, haven't booked flight yet, but planning mid to late sept to late oct or early nov. So looks like 6 weeks. Planning on a side trip to Laos, might also head to PP to visit an expat buddy who lives there. Majority of my time will be in LOS.

I'm not planning on getting a visa, just rely on the initial 30 day at the airport.

What happens when I cross the border and return? By land or air isn't set yet. Could be both.

From what I've read I'm safe if I fly out and back, get another 30 days stamp.

What happens with a land crossing?

I was hoping to avoid a trip to the embassy in Los Angeles to get a longer visa.

BTW, I meet the age and financial requirements for a retirement visa, but with a trip every other year at present, don't think that a practical solution.

Hope I'm not rambling on to much, comes with age.....

Coming over in the next couple of months, haven't booked flight yet, but planning mid to late sept to late oct or early nov. So looks like 6 weeks. Planning on a side trip to Laos, might also head to PP to visit an expat buddy who lives there. Majority of my time will be in LOS.

I'm not planning on getting a visa, just rely on the initial 30 day at the airport.

What happens when I cross the border and return? By land or air isn't set yet. Could be both.

From what I've read I'm safe if I fly out and back, get another 30 days stamp.

What happens with a land crossing?

I was hoping to avoid a trip to the embassy in Los Angeles to get a longer visa.

BTW, I meet the age and financial requirements for a retirement visa, but with a trip every other year at present, don't think that a practical solution.

Hope I'm not rambling on to much, comes with age.....

They are targeting people who leave Thailand then return straight away. I doubt that you will have a problem if you stay out for a few days before returning. If you arrive at a land crossing you will be given 15 days rather than 30.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

From the other forum :-

That is the new procedure. Re-entry visa thing must be their equivalent of out/in. From their guidelines..

The alien must not enter the Kingdom by exploiting 30-day visa exemptions undertaking method “in-out” or called by foreigners as “Visa run”. Aliens use the advantage of Tourist Visa Exemption by leaving Thailand and returning immediately for the purpose of extending their stay, which is considered from the tourism point of view to be longer than necessary and not in line with the purpose permitted while entering country.

Just love that term "The Alien". Wish we'd adopt it.. Can you imagine the PC uproar if we did?

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Just love that term "The Alien". Wish we'd adopt it.. Can you imagine the PC uproar if we did?

Why not the Americans use it!?

If you arrive at a land crossing you will be given 15 days rather than 30.

No, 30 days both at a land crossing or airport, at least for people from G7 countries.

No, 30 days both at a land crossing or airport, at least for people from G7 countries.

..and for everyone else it is 15.

For anyone who doesn't know...............

Members are Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Japan, and the United States

Read more: Group of Seven | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/encyclopedia/history/group-seven.html#ixzz39fcPXGzy

...and for everyone else it is 15.

No, less than 1/4 of world countries are listed for Tourist Visa Exemption

Citizens of other countries will need a Visa but will usually get a longer stay.

BTW here you replied to a guy from USA, member of G7, so 30 days. :wink:

On a separate but related issue, there are some significant changes to the ED visa process announced this week and effective immediately.

Essentially, after 12 months of being in country on a ED visa, instead of renewing via paperwork sent off to Bangkok, students must leave the Thailand and re-apply for a new ED visa to come back in. No more stretching the first visa to 15 months either. 

As  far as I have see there is nothing really new, just re-iterating stuff which had been previously announced.

As  far as I have see there is nothing really new, just re-iterating stuff which had been previously announced.

Yeh that's why I didn't cut 'n' paste it.

It looks pretty long winded but I didn't spot anything new.

So, no reports yet on this enforcement of Visa Exemption scheme rules ?

Starting day was yesterday...

xvisa,P20run,P20,P281,P29-page-001.jpg.p

So, no reports yet on this enforcement of Visa Exemption scheme rules ?

Perhaps everyone who tried it yesterday and failed to enter the Kingdom is either:

1) Suddenly and unexpectedly stranded in Cambodia, Laos, or Malaysia; with more important things to take care of at the moment.

2) Still on the plane returning to Farangland after being turned away at Suvarnabhumi.

Give it another few days and perhaps there may be some reports?

Perhaps everyone who tried it yesterday and failed to enter the Kingdom is either:

1) Suddenly and unexpectedly stranded in Cambodia, Laos, or Malaysia; with more important things to take care of at the moment.

2) Still on the plane returning to Farangland after being turned away at Suvarnabhumi.

Give it another few days and perhaps there may be some reports?

Yeah I figure the first reports will be coming along in the next few days.

I'm sure there are at least a few visa run operators out there who will still be willing to take people on an old fashioned border run and when their customers get turned back at Thai passport control will just say som nom na and drive away. 

Yeah I figure the first reports will be coming along in the next few days.

I'm sure there are at least a few visa run operators out there who will still be willing to take people on an old fashioned border run and when their customers get turned back at Thai passport control will just say som nom na and drive away. 

I have been told that The Sportsman have turned people away from their service rather than facing an awkward scenario at a border point.

I have been told that The Sportsman have turned people away from their service rather than facing an awkward scenario at a border point.

yep happened to my friend

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

yep happened to my friend

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

Yes Larry, it was you that told me last week :GoldenSmile1:

That is good to hear. I don't doubt some places will not be as conscientious.

My Lao GF and her friend and brother, all with passports full of 30 day stamps, did a successful Pattaya-Cambodia border run on 11 August.

Slipped in just the day before the new policy is officially in place, good timing.

Archived