IGNORED

Art on the Hill condo debacle in Pattaya

The Real Pattaya Addict

Ok here's a list of improvements for discussion purposes.

- coffee shop, make operational. At least set up couches and coffee tables.

- underground car park repaint lines and remove construction materials.

- rooftop, put in jacuzzi, opposite side of gym to pool. Install outdoor shower.

- in remaining spare corner, put in artificial grass, Chairs, seats and umbrellas.

- fix up miss coloured grass that's already there.

- gym, needs rowing machine and bench press.

- set up computer room. Move manager to reception desk.

- atrium more tables and chairs. Make fountain operational.

- add some details to roof like in cgi plan. Water features, etc.

- stay on top of painting and cracks, make sure touched up every couple of months.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My comments in red

Ok here's a list of improvements for discussion purposes.
- coffee shop, make operational. At least set up couches and coffee tables. ​Doubt it will ever happen this coffee shop. Suggest a "corner shop" selling basics like water / beer / etc instead 
- underground car park repaint lines and remove construction materials. 
- rooftop, put in jacuzzi, opposite side of gym to pool. Install outdoor shower. ​Suggest we request a (large / 6 person plus) Sauna as opposed to Jacuzzi 
- in remaining spare corner, put in artificial grass, Chairs, seats and umbrellas.
- fix up miss coloured grass that's already there.
- gym, needs rowing machine and bench press. ​Plus additional free weights 35 to 80 pound as only have to 30 pound now
- set up computer room. Move manager to reception desk.
- atrium more tables and chairs. Make fountain operational. ​Fountain "works". It has leaked on the office side since day 1, so rather than fix it Matrix has turned it off. It needs fixing, properly. 
- add some details to roof like in cgi plan. Water features, etc. 
- stay on top of painting and cracks, make sure touched up every couple of months. lol 

Does, anyone know where a good curtain place is that does installation?

"Posted by pattaya08 on 12 April 2015 - 04:47 PM in Buy/Sell/Rent Land, Houses and Condos

Phil1975, on 12 Apr 2015 - 4:44 PM, said:

There is a curtain place upstairs at top elevator near Home Pro entrance in Big C Pattaya Klang. No idea if open but worth checking

Thanks Phil. I have a appointment with a lady from theprassit curtains, she is coming over tomorrow[emoji3]

Was scared a moment there that I wouldn't be able to get this fixed before I going home on the 25th."

I remembered seeing this , copied it rather than linked.

P.S. Always amused that "furnished" units at AOTH don't include curtains or wallpaper.

Just for giggles, I found this recommendation (yes, I'm bored)

"I'd highly recommend that you go to Asia Curtains, which is about 100-meters up Soi-8, from Thepprasit, on the right.

I've know this family for years, the owner 'Soi' has over 20-years in the business.

She worked in BKK for years, then Pattaya Decor for years before opening her own small family run shop.

She had made curtains and done upholstery work for many of the hotels, restaurants, businesses,

as well as many folks I've referred to the shop. She doesn't advertise, her business is referral.

FWIW...when working to Pattaya Decor, she was the only seamstress allowed to make the silk curtains

for the Kings yacht! 'Soi' has and can make exotic and upscale style curtains, like Louis XIV styles, etc.

The shop also does work for other curtain shops which have jobs beyond their skill levels.

And, the shop's prices are very competitive when comparing like fabric and accessories to other shops!"

When shopping for curtains, you major cost is the fabric, type of curtain rods and style curtains; labor is minimal.

Does, anyone know where a good curtain place is that does installation?

I had my curtains made through this guy. His name is Jot. 0847281930. I think the full set of curtains together with installation for both rooms cost me 16k  in total. They are fairly good quality. Not the big C crap with a piece of cloth and a rod.

_iOS.jpg

Ideally you need to have the curtains lined with light and heat reflecting material.

And remember the old saying "Buy cheap pay twice".

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I know a guy here who had lined curtains, he advises it makes little difference as the room still heats up big time. The glass here is of course single glazing, and when the sun is shining on said glass the room gets real warm. It must make some difference but not sure its worth the quite substantial increase in cost. I just went for thick fabric personally, as i not like the room to be bright. 

I know a guy here who had lined curtains, he advises it makes little difference as the room still heats up big time. The glass here is of course single glazing, and when the sun is shining on said glass the room gets real warm. It must make some difference but not sure its worth the quite substantial increase in cost. I just went for thick fabric personally, as i not like the room to be bright. 

The idea of lined curtains is to protect the curtain material from fading in the sun and to block out intense sunlight. The curtain will also hang better when lined. They will probably reduce temperature a little when drawn but any heavy duty window covering will do that too. Good advice from a hot country bloke.

The idea of lined curtains is to protect the curtain material from fading in the sun and to block out intense sunlight. The curtain will also hang better when lined. They will probably reduce temperature a little when drawn but any heavy duty window covering will do that too. Good advice from a hot country bloke.

I guess that curtains lined with heat reflecting material could help were the building insulated properly in other parts. The walls are made of a layer of thin bricks. There is a massive amount of heat getting through the walls. And reflective curtains will stop maybe 5% of all the heat coming in and you probably won't feel the difference.

The walls are actually cast concrete. Best way to reduce heat would be triple glazing. Can't get here. Double glazing next option. Also tinted glass which is not an option due to condo regs.

I ended up getting some good quality curtains that were lined. I got a power drill and installed them myself. Turned out really good.

I ended up getting some good quality curtains that were lined. I got a power drill and installed them myself. Turned out really good.

Where did you end up buying? Custom or off the shelf?

If you have a balcony then a good solution is to fit some sort of fabric blind outside the windows. This will keep the direct sun (and heat) from falling onto the glass in the first place, but will still allow air to circulate.

Fabric blinds are cheap and readily available here. Also in bamboo.

curtain_types2b.jpg

If you have a balcony then a good solution is to fit some sort of fabric blind outside the windows. This will keep the direct sun (and heat) from falling onto the glass in the first place, but will still allow air to circulate.

Fabric blinds are cheap and readily available here. Also in bamboo.

curtain_types2b.jpg

Requires juristic body approval, right, Kitten?

Requires juristic body approval, right, Kitten?

They certainly may require it, depending on how fussy the building is. As long as the colours are neutral these blinds dont look at all unpleasant to me.

Where did you end up buying? Custom or off the shelf?

Just got some from home pro, I tried a few other places, but had trouble communicating with them. I haven't been well this trip so just decided to pick them up and stick them in. I'll try and post a photo. They do installation for 500 baht, but I thought, I'd put the money towards a power drill, and give myself something to do. I had Insomnia for the first 10 days, than the flue and now a bad eye infection. I got an injection up the arse. I will be 100 per cent on the day I fly home, lol

Just got some from home pro, I tried a few other places, but had trouble communicating with them. I haven't been well this trip so just decided to pick them up and stick them in. I'll try and post a photo. They do installation for 500 baht, but I thought, I'd put the money towards a power drill, and give myself something to do. I had insomnia for the first 10 days, than the flue and now a bad eye infection. I got an injection up the arse. I will be 100 per cent on the day I fly home, lol

Get well soon! Hopefully long before you have to leave LOS. I'll be needing to pick up a little fabric to re-cover the headboard that's part of the furnished package, but thinking now that I'll go to china world wholesalers here in bkk .

They certainly may require it, depending on how fussy the building is. As long as the colours are neutral these blinds dont look at all unpleasant to me.

Yes, requires juristic approval and the answer should be NO. Imagine your building with all different balcony coverings, will look SHITE !!!!

After thinking about it, I am leaning towards setting up coffee shop as a lounge where you can just sit and use the wi fi. As mentioned, the place not busy enough for coffee shop. Where the manager is now was meant to be a computer room, but really not that important these days as people just use wi-fi devices. So maybe turn into a different type of facility. I can't really think of anything. I have a question about the satellite tv here, how many channels should I be getting?

Check the Chanel list with package you signed up for with TMN. There should be quite a lot like 20 ish but only handful are decent

Everyone. The Chanotes are finally being issued  :GoldenSmile1:

You need to visit the Matrix office with your Passport and recent Thai bank statement (foreign name). If Thai company that must be already set up, then you can get the Chanote / have the date arranged to have it processed at the land office and just need your passport.  

The person to see at Matrix is Khun Nueng (3rd floor). 

Obviously the above only applies to people with a zero balance. 

Obviously the above only applies to people with a zero balance. 

Alll 3 of them ... ? 

Archived