IGNORED

Rude behavior by LK empress receptionist

raviinc

So you would put up with be shouted at by a receptionist in the USA.?

Would never get yelled at by a receptionist anywhere, because I would never become abusive towards them.

I don't carry the same set of expectations with me to Thailand in regards to customer service, it is simply setting oneself up for upset and disappointment.

Also, no matter where I am, I never treat customer service people rudely regardless of the situation.  Some people are downright abusive when they are not getting what they want, I think that is rude as hell...

And in Thailand, it is guaranteed to NOT get you what you want. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my goodness you bitch and moan a lot here, perhaps another country would be more to your liking?

Oh really! Maybe you're immune to it. Since you're tolerating such non sense it's time you shift out rather than advising others.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

Oh really! Maybe you're immune to it. Since you're tolerating such non sense it's time you shift out rather than advising others.

seems like most of your posts are complaints, is all...  guess that's a possible way to live...

have a nice life!

seems like most of your posts are complaints, is all...  guess that's a possible way to live...

have a nice life!

I don't have to post what you like.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

I don't have to post what you like.

did I tell you what to post?  I don't recall doing so.

I merely pointed out that you seem to mostly post complaints, and bitch and whine a lot...  seems pretty accurate from what I recall of your contributions here... perhaps I am wrong!

like I said, that's a possible way to do your life, have a great one sir!  

I don't get the 'this is thailand' crap and that normal rules don't apply there in these situations. The lk chain is supposed to be a professional group. Very amateur.

I know this receptionist reasonably well, having stayed at the Empress several times.

She's never going to be your best friend, but there's no doubt in my mind that the customer must have been incredibly rude to her to get her this wound up.  In the past I've had issues with several things at the Empress (given the wrong room, maintenance required, cleaning staff forgot to clean my room, etc.) and she's always been calm and efficient in resolving it.

I think it's pretty poor form to post this on YouTube.

think it is great to post it. no delial it happened. service staff should be able to maintain yheir composer. her arrogance of how many years she worked there as justification to be able to do as she pleases on itself would be ground for dismissal in my book.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Very well said . She believes because she has been with the chain for thirteen years she can speak and treat customers how she pleases very unprofessional from what I can hear lady is merely asking for a reason for the sudden increase in price and she doesn't in any way sound rude I just cannot figure out why she deserves to be spoken to like that

The customer did not sound that polite and by the look of it a fair bit of the conversation is missing

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

No excuse for the attitude which has developed over time towards customers (she the receptionist says she worked here for 13 years). I blame the management for allow such poor customer service to be displayed.

NOT ACCEPTABLE IN ANY HOSPITALITY BUSINESS, NO MATTER HOW YOU VIEW RUSSIANS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

The receptionist in the video is not the person dealing with the customer she is the boss.

The customer sounds Russian and has been quite rude to the receptionist also.

To take a Video of a basic argument and posting on you tube is the act of a complete bitch. Just pay the 1025bht and fuck off.

This lady has always been polite to me when I have stayed here before.

I will be at this hotel this week and report back if this chick still works there. I wouldn't bang her but a couple of the service girls in the café looking over the beach would be worth a go.

The receptionist lady was not very professional and obviously a little fired up.  This clip though is a little misleading because it does NOT show how the heated exchange started and how it led up to the receptionist yelling responses (and yes she was yelling).  Not saying the receptionist was in the right, but seriously folks, am I supposed to believe that had I approached that same receptionist with a question--that her immediate response would have been to yell back at me?  My guess is it had at some point escalated and that is what we were not shown.  

BTW--If I had been that female customer, I wouldn't have bothered with the receptionist, nor the recording (which obviously didn't help the situation), and taken things up with whoever the top dog was at the hotel.  Life is so much better without all the unnecessary drama....

Id say this argurment had been goin for a while before been recorded and im not saying the staff member was completly right but shove a camera in my face and start recording me i dont think id be able to hold my temper. The reciptionist raised her voice for sure but still called the customer maddam i think i could think of a couple of other names for her. Pulling out you phone and recording the row really is never goin to help

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

No excuse for the attitude which has developed over time towards customers (she the receptionist says she worked here for 13 years). I blame the management for allow such poor customer service to be displayed.

NOT ACCEPTABLE IN ANY HOSPITALITY BUSINESS, NO MATTER HOW YOU VIEW RUSSIANS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fully agree with you.

The easy solution is to go to Bliss lounge, and think nasty thoughts about the receptionist as you blow a big load. :GoldenSmile1:

Were they arguing over 25 baht?   Whatever happened before, the receptionist was rude and unprofessional..I have stayed at the LK Empress and complaining about lack of maintenance eg plumbing problems and noise

brought no response from the staff.

As others have said, we don't know what went on before the filming started. 

My theory is that the Russian may not have been a seasoned traveler and possibly thought the stuff in the mini bar was free. She says she was given 3 different bills. They were probably:

1. Bill for room.

2. Bill for mini bar.

3. Bill totaling both.

Based on the parties being Thai and Russian, I would lay money that the Russian was the first to get rude and perhaps loud. She might have toned it down when she started filming, but it was too late. To get a Thai that upset in a professional situation (and I don't mean bars) would take some doing. If the complaining Russian used the word "fuck" at any point before she started filming, then that would certainly do it.

Still, totally unacceptable behavior on the Thai girl's part.

There are ways we non-Thais handle things like this and then there is the Thai way. When I see something like this starting to brew, I hand it over to the girlfriend. Things are always settled in a very polite way with both parties smiling throughout the conversation/dispute. That's the Thai way.

Why do people feel the need to film stuff like this? Just fucken relax!

It's hard to judge without seeing the whole interaction and knowing the whole story.

I know one thing; I wouldn't appreciate having a camera phone shoved in my face when I'm working.

I love to fuck this pussy , :GoldenSmile1:

be careful jockey she's a wild one and could bite your cock of.

As someone that has worked in a hotel, regardless of what had happened before or the customer did etc...there is never any excuse to conduct yourself in that manner. If you are seriously that rattled you excuse yourself and go and find someone to sort the problem or at least step out the back and take a deep breath. In most decent hotels around the world that would get you fired regardless of the circumstances.

Thankfully i'm a cheap charlie and wouldn't pay the room rates there anyway lol  :Think1:

I hope - The voice of customers is like Iranian and not russian - Familiar accent  

We have all had a bad day at the office, Luckily for most of us, we reflect and and move on, but I feel sorry for this worker who has had their bad moment recorded and put on the internet. Even more so as we don't see the build up, but only what the Russian lady has chosen to post, and of course she is trying to remain controlled when she is filming to make the Thai lady look even worse. Really bad form if you ask me, especially where repercussions could be serious such as the Thai lady losing her job.

Archived