IGNORED

Rude behavior by LK empress receptionist

raviinc

So these are the 2 video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RSiFtqze90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3NlWt7k6ic

Can someone point out to me where the customer was being abusive? 

I thought the customer was much more polite compare to the receptionist.

I did not notice the customer use any abusive language.  Her questions were legit, IMO.

So here are the spoken words by both said, I still can't see how the customer was being abusive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3NlWt7k6ic#t=17

These are spoken by the customer:
you gave me some other price
this is all, you said?
then you'll apologize?
now you are such a huge problem for me.
you gave me this morning one price, she gave me different price.  What do I have to believe you?
Why do you have a different price?
In the morning, you told me 1200 (getting interrupted by receptionist..)...
I will pay
of course I will pay
I just want to take a video of how you yell at customer
and send it to your boss
You should improve your skills
because for 13 years

These are spoken by the receptionist

Stop it, that's 1025 baht and you can go
let's go madam (not looking at customer)
I don't apologize because I no problem for you (not looking at customer)
Why you talk to me (raising her voice)?  Why you don't talk? (raising her voice and gesturing with her hand)
Why you not understand?  Why you not see this?
Don't talk camera
OKay (loudly)
You don't want to pay or you want to pay now (raising voice)
You will pay, you pay (again, loudly and raising voice)
Up to you
Whatever you want
Send up to you
I don't care, I can talk to her what happened.
I work here 13 years so I don't care.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the 1025B was going to come out of her salary! Something set her off!

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

I honestly don't think I would have react differently.

If I was given 2 or 3 different bill for the something, I would have wanted to know which one is the right one and why are the invoice changing.

Just look at how many piss off thread about bill padding by the bar.  How's this any different?

As far as I can tell, the customer did not use any foul language or abusive language.  If there was, maybe someone can point what which clip and the time stamp.

Maybe she was abusive before she started the video! Point is none off knows what happened before or after the video. It's like commenting on a job half done.

Customer seems to have had extra charge for the mini bar. whicn she did not seem to understand, maybe she thought it was all free and come with the price of the room and emptied it 555

Not easy working in customer service, you can get many cusomers who behave unreasonably but you have to remain calm and deal with them proffesionally. Not a job everyone can do 

Maybe she was abusive before she started the video! Point is none off knows what happened before or after the video. It's like commenting on a job half done.

That maybe true.  However, based on what can be seen (and that's all ANY of us can comment on), it would appear the customer were fairly in control and asked legit question.  Just doesn't sound to me like someone that's already lose her cool/control like the receptionist is.

It's either going to be "He said, she said" or it's what can be proven.  The video is what can be proven.  The rest is conjecture.

That maybe true. However, based on what can be seen (and that's all ANY of us can comment on), it would appear the customer were fairly in control and asked legit question. Just doesn't sound to me like someone that's already lose her cool/control like the receptionist is.

It's either going to be "He said, she said" or it's what can be proven. The video is what can be proven. The rest is conjecture.

You don't have to be abusive or lose control to wined someone up.

You have taken an opinion that the customer is in control, which as you say is "he said she said" conjecture.

That video can be interpreted many ways, that's my we have 12 people on jury not one.

You don't have to be abusive or lose control to wined someone up.

This I would agree. That said, if someone is not being abusive and the receptionist got winded up, I would fault the receptionist. In this situation, one of them needs to be professional.

If two person talking, neither A nor B was being abusive to each other. But person B got windup and then started to be hostile. Who's in the wrong? Certainly we can agree that people should have civilized conversation without resorting to getting all wind up, being loud, and being hostile? Least of all a customer facing representative?

You have taken an opinion that the customer is in control, which as you say is "he said she said" conjecture.

No. I am saying whatever is NOT show on the video is a "he said she said". The only evident available (and that's all we have to go on and if in court, what court will go on) is the video that's available.

That video can be interpreted many ways, that's my we have 12 people on jury not one.

Certainly, I checked the video and didn't notice the customer raising her voice, using abusive language, or asking anything that's out of ordinary. Maybe you can show me where in the video you think the customer is "over the bound" of acceptable behavior.

I think you would be hard press to find a receptionist at Four Seasons behaving this way. And customers at Four Seasons aren't exactly "low maintenance".

You lost cred throwing those videos up mate!

I know this receptionist reasonably well, having stayed at the Empress several times.

She's never going to be your best friend, but there's no doubt in my mind that the customer must have been incredibly rude to her to get her this wound up.  In the past I've had issues with several things at the Empress (given the wrong room, maintenance required, cleaning staff forgot to clean my room, etc.) and she's always been calm and efficient in resolving it.

I think it's pretty poor form to post this on YouTube.

I left the Empress only last week.  It was a nice hotel by Thai standards and I found the reception staff to be friendly, for the most part.  I did notice that they seemed to cop their fair share of crap from arsehole customers though.  I would have seen 3 lots of customers being very rude and demanding of the reception staff - demanding early check in when no rooms were available, demanding upgrades and arguing about bills.  It would be hard to be nice all the time when they seem to be on the receiving end so often.

These 2 videos viewed in isolation, appear to make the reception lady seem unprofessional, perhaps she is, perhaps she had a bad day, perhaps she made a mistake and it was picked up by a junior staffer causing her to be embarrassed, who knows, but I don't think it reflects well on either party involved.

Given that the whole exchange is not covered, this could simply skew the scene in favor of the customer.

From the recorded exchange, I perceive that the customer was goading the lady at reception, trying to get a rise out of her, for her own entertainment, providing her with a nasty little u tube post for her fans and friends to follow.

The customer sounds like an antagonistic cnut, pointing the phone cam at her and continuing an argument, when she had resolved to pay the account, but continued with her smart arse demand for an apology.

Because why?

These 2 videos viewed in isolation, appear to make the reception lady seem unprofessional, perhaps she is, perhaps she had a bad day, perhaps she made a mistake and it was picked up by a junior staffer causing her to be embarrassed, who knows, but I don't think it reflects well on either party involved.

Given that the whole exchange is not covered, this could simply skew the scene in favor of the customer.

From the recorded exchange, I perceive that the customer was goading the lady at reception, trying to get a rise out of her, for her own entertainment, providing her with a nasty little u tube post for her fans and friends to follow.

The customer sounds like an antagonistic cnut, pointing the phone cam at her and continuing an argument, when she had resolved to pay the account, but continued with her smart arse demand for an apology.

No, I don't agree.

There is something else going on here. Bad days are not a consideration. Nor are sick Buffalos and all the other sh*t that goes on. You are here to do a job in the service industry. If you have a problem with Foreigners then you need to find a job somewhere else.

There is nothing coming from the customer, save his accent. If the customer was goading the Lady, then she should have had the maturity to see it for what it was. This is supposed to be an International standard resort. Surely the customer goaded the Lady because he saw a certain behaviour.

Culturally, the loss of face thing really needs to take a back seat when dealing with International Customers. I don't understand why this is some bizarre consideration when the employee is Thai. They need to get past this idea that being Thai in Thailand absolves them of responsibility.

That's why studying a Tourism Degree in Thailand simply won't cut it overseas.

I see this every day, when going around Pattaya and year after year the standard of service declines.

Now, you can put it down to busted arse Farangs coming here and behaving like a bunch of Twats, but I certainly reject the idea of not even being given the chance to be polite and show I'm a regular, nice Guy.

tropicaloz, on 03 Jun 2014 - 9:27 PM, said:snapback.png

No, I don't agree.
There is something else going on here. Bad days are not a consideration. Nor are sick Buffalos and all the other sh*t that goes on. You are here to do a job in the service industry.
There is nothing coming from the customer, save his accent. If the customer was goading the Lady, then she should have had the maturity to see it for what it was. This is supposed to be an International standard resort.
Culturally, the loss of face thing really needs to take a back seat when dealing with International Customers. I don't understand why this is some bizarre consideration when the employee is Thai. They need to get past this idea that being Thai in Thailand absolves them of responsibility.

Sorry for the blue font, I cant use the quote thing properly,

​I never excused the reception lady's behavior , merely offered some reasons as to her possible state of mind, and did comment that I didn't think it reflected well on either party.

Obviously the situation could have / should have been handled better, but as no one here was present during the whole discourse to witness the argument in entirety, I think from what i have heard they both behaved poorly.

​The aggrieved customer is a female not male, and I am of the opinion she is goading the staff member, so we disagree, no problem.

I think anyone shoving a video / cam recording at me whilst continuing with a dispute or argument would probably get a non professional non courteous response, be that the right response or not, sometimes we are fallible and make mistakes, and sometimes we even behave badly,lol

tropicaloz, on 03 Jun 2014 - 9:27 PM, said:snapback.png

No, I don't agree.

There is something else going on here. Bad days are not a consideration. Nor are sick Buffalos and all the other sh*t that goes on. You are here to do a job in the service industry.

There is nothing coming from the customer, save his accent. If the customer was goading the Lady, then she should have had the maturity to see it for what it was. This is supposed to be an International standard resort.

​I never excused the reception lady's behavior , merely offered some reasons as to her possible state of mind, and did comment that I didn't think it reflected well on either party.

Obviously the situation could have / should have been handled better, but as no one here was present during the whole discourse to witness the argument in entirety, I think from what i have heard they both behaved poorly.

​The aggrieved customer is a female not male, and I am of the opinion she is goading the staff member, so we disagree, no problem.

I think anyone shoving a video / cam recording at me whilst continuing with a dispute or argument would probably get a non professional non courteous response, be that the right response or not, sometimes we are fallible and make mistakes, and sometimes we even behave badly,lol

Yeah, well, all I can tell you is that LOS once had one of the best reputations for customer service anywhere.

Yet, this seems to have been overtaken by most Western Countries.

Go Figure.

LK empress is a expensive hotel, we shell out more money for the facilities and services and expect the staff to be courteous. She could have told the guest that there was a mistake and that she's sorry instead of behaving rudely and shouting. Why the fuck should anyone take this kind of shitty behavior inspite of paying premium rates. She's just a ill-mannered lady and her behavior cannot be condoned for any reason.

Exactly right LK Empress is an expensive hotel, bitching about 25 baht, 50 cents is beyond stupid.

You do not know what Russian said before and how she acted.

But we do know Russian is bitching about having extra 25 baht NOW, while in the morning it was 1000 baht 

I did not know I had any "cred".

My point was that most customer service staff do not react the way the staff shown in the original video even under much more stress or hostile customer.

im wondering why everyone is arguing over something that happened over a year ago lol

Does anyone know if the lady still works there ,or if she lost her job when her superiors saw/heard this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im wondering why everyone is arguing over something that happened over a year ago lol

People still argue things happen 2014 years ago as well as things happen 500,000 years ago and things happen 14 billion years ago. :-) 1 year is nothing. :-)

Look at the current Thai coup, people are still debating things happen from back in 2008 coup.

I stayed here last November and was treated nicely by all. I will stay there again without question. Must see the whole conversation to give an opinion but either way the employee should have responded better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is still working here....... I will ask her what happened and report back.

She is still working here....... I will ask her what happened and report back.

thats not a good idea, just let it go and move on

Archived