Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Russians Giving Me the Looks of Utter Hatred While in Thailand?

wowzerz

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Becouse Russians are the most arrogant, big headed,sexist , suns of bitches!!!

All the Russians I have gotten to know have been great people, but...

They do tend to make a bad first impression and come across as rude and unfriendly until you (pardon the pun) break the ice with them.

It's sort of like the whole nation suffers from 'resting bitch face'.

They all look cold and rude but if you try to break the ice they are very nice .  The problem is that they don't often speak english .    

Beware very much : don 't think you can party and drink with russians , even the girls are better drinker than you , just a way to finish very think or are hospital with 14 stiches without knowing why and how .

it is not often but not rare :  come back late in bath bus and meet some russians ladies coming back to hotel a little drunk , they often wants to party a little more with you , they are very open and  i appreciate it a lot when sometimes with luck i can take advantage of it .

Don 't forget that pattaya is now opened to cheap tours , it means low class russians that are very rudes .  same problems with chineses .

• 2 weeks later...

The west crashed their currency. You cost them big money. Many losing their Pattaya condos. That is why they hate you. War is next. Party on.

Sent from my SM-G360H using Tapatalk

I had one bad experience with a Russian visitor of Insomnia. He was leading a small group of pumped up guys with their TG's, had a table with some bottles of Vodka and Champagne on it. As my mate and I were standing between his table and the dancefloor (it was packed), he tipped me on the shoulder and told me to leave in a very rude way. It goes without saying that he was drunk as a Russian. I didn't see much sense in starting a fracas with him as he would likely have knocked me out with one punch. 

I did meet nice guys from Eastern Europe though, but I think it is easier to befriend people who have a similar cultural background as myself. Another reason might be that I grew up in times of the cold war, watched tons of movies, for example James Bond, with villains from Russia and so on. 

must admit russians are no more annoying than other nationalities.

met some good ones and a few miserable sods...

• 2 months later...

I have recently joined a Russian Gym In Jomtien. As expected a lot of Russian Guys and Ladies train there and they come across as very hard faced and not very Social. Have tried to make eye contact and crack a smile with a view to breaking the Ice but certainly a challenge. Still its not an issue for me as I am there to get on and train and not chat all day I guess!

If the changes continue, TAT will lure mongers in to a taxidermy - cloaked as  a nude gogo - stuff us, and place us in a museum!

• 2 weeks later...

Me & my girlfriend of the hour were sat on the baht bus & this Russian couple were giving us evil stares. Although she was ya ba'd off her noggin & giving me a hand job under my cargos, so I guess fair do's.

Still not a reason for someone to look at you, your in pattaya and your the norm not them. Should of maybe gestured for his wife to get involed that normally keeps the situation calm.

I was just wondering why some Russian guys give me extremely hard stares when they see that I am with or even talking to a Thai woman...

Это потому, что вы чертовски американский

Why do so many Russians come to Pattaya for a holiday if they're not mongering......why would anyone come to Pattaya for anything other than mongering or to see their Thai girls?

It's not exactly the most beautiful place on the planet, let's face it.

Maybe cuz it's cheap?

because it is better than siberia in the winter ?

Russian numbers dwindling big time in Patts so I'm told.The thais are scared of them...if you hire a jetski,put on a russian accentr,be assertive ..and you wont get ripped.

The most common holiday destinations for the Russian middle class, used to be Egypt and Turkey. Both are off the list now. The Duma is even talking about reinstating visas for LEAVING Russia. What's next, rebuilding the wall ? However, Thailand remains a visa free destination for Russians so expect them to keep coming. Although... the Russian economy is hurting due to blokades and low oil prices, so there will be fewer of them.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you have to appreciate that every culture is different and unique. For example in some cultures

slurping your food is considered polite, but that sound would make my ex-wife go to a serial killer anger level....

Most Russians I met are cool and found their perspective of our North American culture very interesting.

We need to stop "assuming" someone has evil intent just because they are staring at us. Could be curiosity,

interest, maybe they are staring at the hot Thai girl behind you but you think its you, etc... from my experience

many Russian men tend to have a serious look when in public and will rarely smile at a stranger. But spend

a little effort to know them and they are of course like us in many ways.

Some people have an "intense" look by nature and are often serious most of the time. That does not mean

they hate you, are stalking you, etc...

If we all tried to connect and appreciate our commonalities more, the world would be a better place.

We are far more similar then we are different.

Peace.

That's just how their faces are.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.

guys i am sorry to say that but you will see alot of russian in 2016 because of the aircraft incident they are not allowed to travel turkey well they are your problem now :D

• 2 weeks later...

Russians I meet all seem to love Putin.  Then I ask them how he can go from being a quite poor man (relatively) to being one of the richest people in Russia if he only represents the people.  Never do get a straight answer to that one.  For someone who does not like capitalism he seems to have adopted its corruptive stance on self preservation and self gain (money) through political office.

who are the poor U.S senators and congressmen?

Archived