Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tequila Reef, never again

you're in Pattaya, don't expect 3 star restaurant unless you want to pay big bucks....even then, some places will never get the international  flavor.  What are you expecting, a taco bell?  Eat Thai food in Thailand.  Eat a good steak in America, Fish  and Chips in London.  In Hong Kong, good food can be found for a price., but they make great roast meats at Joy Hing.

Pattaya does need a good mexican restaurant, but there is not enough people to support the venue.

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you're in Pattaya, don't expect 3 star restaurant unless you want to pay big bucks....even then, some places will never get the international  flavor.  What are you expecting, a taco bell?  Eat Thai food in Thailand.  Eat a good steak in America, Fish  and Chips in London.  In Hong Kong, good food can be found for a price., but they make great roast meats at Joy Hing.

Pattaya does need a good mexican restaurant, but there is not enough people to support the venue.

1334112939356s.jpg

Sounds similar to the one I went to in AC, tbh I only went there out of desperation. All the food I had eaten so far had been crap and it was the same at tequila reef. Had a T- bone steak that was grey, thin and bland. Haven't bothered with the place in patts as that put me off.

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

Everyone has different tastes. I liked Blue Parrot for Breakfast. Sue's not so much. My choice for Tex-Mex is Mike's off Thappraya.

I made the mistake of having Thanksgiving buffet there.  Cold Food, Pie Crust undercooked - All in All a dismal meal... NEVER AGAIN.

Everyone has different tastes. I liked Blue Parrot for Breakfast. Sue's not so much. My choice for Tex-Mex is Mike's off Thappraya.

You haven't been to Pattaya for a long time, have you?

The Blue Parrot hasn't existed for ages. The excellent Tex-Mex moved next door to Sue' Place.

Good God what a bunch of whiners!

Why go to a Tex Mex joint for duck?

Tortilla soup?

The top shelf margaritas are the real deal (especially if made by Gat)

Christmas dinner there was outstanding,

Staff is solid

The Tex Mex chow is not that great compared to Houston but is pretty good for Pattaya.

The joint on soy 13 is pretty good food but not even close on margarita

Go hit your Euro and Aussie food and leave this joint alone....it will do just fine without you chops

maybe time for the owner to chime in here?  he's a BM and the admin of the phil addicts forum I believe?

sometimes restaurants need a tune up/shake up... sounds like maybe that's in order for Tequila Reef... I ate there once and it was ok, have also had their food catered at NightWish and it was fine then too...

Never eaten in Tequila Reef in Pattaya but have a few times in the one in AC and thought the food and service was very good indeed.  :GoldenSmile1:

You haven't been to Pattaya for a long time, have you?

The Blue Parrot hasn't existed for ages. The excellent Tex-Mex moved next door to Sue' Place.

I have not been to Pattaya for several weeks actually. Clean your glasses. I said liked in the past tense. I know the Parrot is closed and their menu passed on to Sue's. Sue's doesn't do the same breakfast menu as the Parrot did. The food is much better at Mike's. Food at Sue's is not good. The food at the Parrot had gone downhill and wasn't as good as it was 20 years ago when I first moved here. When did you first try it?

ate at TR for the first time recently..... a fellow BM convinced me to join him for their all-you-can-eat buffet that they have once a month.

it was 395, and included a margarita that was actually quite good, and quite strong.

we got there right as the buffet opened (5pm) so the food was all hot and fresh, and everything was quite good.

i remember having about a 7-8 large ribs, 2 enchiladas, 1 chimichanga, 1 beef taco, 2 pork fajitas, and their potato salad..... so i had a good sampling of the various items... and was quite full and satisfied afterwards.

service was pleasant and friendly, although a bit slow.... only 2 other tables had sat down so they werent busy, just not super attentive..... however im used to this in pattaya and doesnt really bother me, if i want something ill bark at them.

their menu prices were high enough that i probably wont  go back for a regular meal,  but i will definitely be back for the buffet, i felt i got my moneys worth.

side note.... my tgf ordered 2 different thai dishes.... they were overpriced (IMO) and she said they did not taste good, she barely ate 1/4 of each dish, waste of money.

found a flyer from last month.... i guess the buffet is usually on the 3rd friday of each month

5503_528093600643408_1193521906_n.jpg

ate at TR for the first time recently..... a fellow BM convinced me to join him for their all-you-can-eat buffet that they have once a month.

it was 395, and included a margarita that was actually quite good, and quite strong.

we got there right as the buffet opened (5pm) so the food was all hot and fresh, and everything was quite good.

i remember having about a 7-8 large ribs, 2 enchiladas, 1 chimichanga, 1 beef taco, 2 pork fajitas, and their potato salad..... so i had a good sampling of the various items... and was quite full and satisfied afterwards.

service was pleasant and friendly, although a bit slow.... only 2 other tables had sat down so they werent busy, just not super attentive..... however im used to this in pattaya and doesnt really bother me, if i want something ill bark at them.

their menu prices were high enough that i probably wont  go back for a regular meal,  but i will definitely be back for the buffet, i felt i got my moneys worth.

side note.... my tgf ordered 2 different thai dishes.... they were overpriced (IMO) and she said they did not taste good, she barely ate 1/4 of each dish, waste of money.

found a flyer from last month.... i guess the buffet is usually on the 3rd friday of each month

5503_528093600643408_1193521906_n.jpg

The Interweb machine says that there is an anniversay buffet on April 5, then the regular monthly buffet dates are April 25, May 16, June 20, July 18, August 15, September 19.

As usual guys, thanks for your comments, good bad or indifferent. After bring in business for 14 years in Pattaya and now 5 in Angeles City you would figure we must be doing something right. But then again in the restaurant business it's IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone and we actually care about our business, therefore we monitor the message boards and take all comments very seriously.

For information on our 14th Anniversary buffet, please see the details here - http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/218073-tequila-reef-14th-anniversary-buffet-special-april-5th-2014/

Cheers!

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

As usual guys, thanks for your comments, good bad or indifferent. After bring in business for 14 years in Pattaya and now 5 in Angeles City you would figure we must be doing something right. But then again in the restaurant business it's IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone and we actually care about our business, therefore we monitor the message boards and take all comments very seriously.

For information on our 14th Anniversary buffet, please see the details here - http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/218073-tequila-reef-14th-anniversary-buffet-special-april-5th-2014/

Cheers!

You know by now that Brits rating Mexican food is a bit rich given the inedible and unidentifiable slop constituting much British "cuisine" which other than fish and chips consists mostly these days of Indian curries.

You know by now that Brits rating Mexican food is a bit rich given the inedible and unidentifiable slop constituting much British "cuisine" which other than fish and chips consists mostly these days of Indian curries.

Fish and chips? You're behind the times, mate. It's all snail porridge, bacon and eggs ice cream, and braised hedgehog testes with a drizzle of minge jus... okay, I made the last one up.

I usually stop by once every trip and have never had a problem and enjoy the food I get but its always the sampler. Agree the Mango Margaritas are great but pricey. Well continue to stop by.  

I take it you've never dined at Rules, Simpsons, Shepherds (to name but three)?

"Cuisine"   :LOL2:  - So you can't be from the US right?   :Think1:

Yes I am and on reflection use of any word other than grub, slop, or pie was bound to be confusing to most.

I take it you've never dined at Rules, Simpsons, Shepherds (to name but three)?

No, I have not but I did stay once at a Holiday Inn Express ... to name one.

If they're the words you're most familiar with then don't fret, we'll have to cope as best we can.

Did you used to dine wearing one of those orange suits by any chance?   :Finger5:

You may need some help but if that is the best you can then it might be time for you to have another curry at Tower Hamlets.

I ate there at the end of 2012.I love Mexican food so it was a must stop.I think some of the criticism is a bit harsh.I give the place a

big thumbs up for the decorations and general theme.The staff were very nice and portions were decent.Although I agree there are

better Mexican restaurants everywhere in the US...they are staffed by Mexicans so what do you expect? The only bad thing I saw was

I had a big enchilada type dish and it was still cool in the very center.Other than that I was happy and I have eaten AWESOME Mexican

food before.

I'VE BEEN TO THE FUCKING MOUNTAINTOP !!! :Party3:

Margaritas will knock you on your ass. "On the rocks" Chicken wings are addicting, guacamole is good. Almost had to carry my lightweight bird out of there after a few Margaritas!! You will not find authenic Tex-Mex in Pattaya. I stop here every trip. I just know not to expect what I get here in Texas.

I always enjoy TR in Angeles...never been in Patts...same owners...can't see hwy it would not be any good...but maybe the owners have not been spending enough time there lately

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

Cheers!

Your food is basic at best, nothing to brag about. People who don't know REAL Mexican food might think its ok but I know better.

Archived