IGNORED

What are the best cheap Thai food eateries?

ASIA_SEXPAT

Hope that many more people go and eat there and it can stay open through the lowest of low seasons.  I eat there many times when I am in Pattaya, it really is my go to place now for really good food.

I walked past it regularly, for nearly 6 months, on my way to tesco lotus. Many times i saw it completely full ...all locals.

The decor and especially the chairs look naff ...so i never tried it, but obviously the food is real good. I prefer better surroundings though - even just a foodcourt!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a real good Thai restaurant on the ground floor of View Talay 2A.  Great food and cheap, I eat there several times a week.  However she is having the entire place remodeled and will be closed until the 1st of July.  Also if you like noodle soup, check out the stand by the Family Mart across from Jomtien Complex.  Cheap and really good. 

+1there were actually many people dining there last winter. A few times we were there and no seating available.

I walked past it regularly, for nearly 6 months, on my way to tesco lotus. Many times i saw it completely full ...all locals.

The decor and especially the chairs look naff ...so i never tried it, but obviously the food is real good. I prefer better surroundings though - even just a foodcourt!

I am in Pattaya most every month of the year and it has been full all winter but last week I was the only customer on two occasions and there were two more there on another time.  Now down to the one lady working there, fortunately the one who does all the cooking.  

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 2 months later...

play kiss wide,any thai restaurant with the plastic chairs such as the one mentioed above will be cheap,also you cant beat tops for value,they'll cook your chicken breast or what ever you want up there,plus theres a salad bar.The market on soi buakhow near the r con has cheap eats and a comfortable sitting area now

If you get away from the big monger/tourist areas ...look for the noodle and pad thai carts .. wherever there are lots of Thai's eating the Thai food is good. (And cheap)

How far from the tourist areas?

• 3 weeks later...

I believe this is the location.. I haven't been there yet, but plan to give it a try. It looks damn cheap!

attachicon.gifTin Cup.png

Since this place comes up from time to time I try this one today. But boy what bad service.

I sat down and it took a while before I got a menu, but that is ok, But I direct mention that there are no prices on the mneu, she heard but just walk away. I still  wanted to test this place, so so I look at the menu and found one dish I wanted to test. But it is hard to get the attention from this unitrested waitress. So in the end i bascailly had to scream and bang on the table. I ask how much for this. I think she said 90, I was surprice since so many say this one is cheap, then she said, togehter 45 B, so I think maybe I heard wrong the first time, maybe she said 19. So I ask her to repeat the prices, But she just walk away, like my 10 sec was up. I still waited there for while for her to come back, but after a while I give up and walk.

2 cheap places are "ok food" between soi 13 and soi 12 I think, that serve ok food, and a open resturant at soi buakhow close to the food market. I do not remember the name it has a yellow sign where it says room for rent. Ok food, and friendly staff but their english is very bad.

The food on this places are ok, but the dishes are little smaller maybe. But I am ok with that, I do not want to eat  so much so my stomage hurts anyway. I also have tested 7/11 food, and is acutlly better than I though it would be.

Since this place comes up from time to time I try this one today. But boy what bad service.

I sat down and it took a while before I got a menu, but that is ok, But I direct mention that there are no prices on the mneu, she heard but just walk away. I still  wanted to test this place, so so I look at the menu and found one dish I wanted to test. But it is hard to get the attention from this unitrested waitress. So in the end i bascailly had to scream and bang on the table. I ask how much for this. I think she said 90, I was surprice since so many say this one is cheap, then she said, togehter 45 B, so I think maybe I heard wrong the first time, maybe she said 19. So I ask her to repeat the prices, But she just walk away, like my 10 sec was up. I still waited there for while for her to come back, but after a while I give up and walk.

Haha yeah you get that but I over look the flaws and still eat there regularly. When the guy is taking orders and controlling things it flows smoothly but its when its just the girls and tom now things can be frustrating mainly because they dont speak English well.

Her comment regarding "45b together" means its a serve with your order and rice in the same plate. Its 90b when you have the main meal in one plate and rice in another plate...a much larger serve. 

From what I understand its a family run business and all employees are related, so nobodies getting the sack if you complain.

Central Road, on your left a couple of hundred metres up as you walk inland from Second Road. Typical Thai street food and some excellent mango and sticky rice. Used to be better 5 or 10 years ago but still pretty good last month.

• 2 weeks later...

One Thai style restaurant on Soi Excite on the left as you approach 3rd road with a large green sign is brilliant. The lady there cooks everything to order and you can get her to cook any style you like. Large plateful of very good food for 60 or 70 baht, quality at a decent price. Only four table that seat four people each so very individual service, well worth a visit.

Is this resturant still opening?

On a side note, this pass July in that soi there was a damn street soi dog that wouldn't let me pass. Damn thing actually ran towards me. Don't know the cost of treating dog bite so i didn't want to take my chances.

Vincent Law

Im back in Pattaya,and found out yesterday,that they transformed the food market at soi buakhao into a

food clothes market (mix)They still have food there,but mostly fried food,and the good old home made dishes

that I loved are gone......sure its a good thing that things get upgraded sometimes,but not for the worse.......

This shit PISSES ME OFF!

• 2 weeks later...

Haha yeah you get that but I over look the flaws and still eat there regularly. When the guy is taking orders and controlling things it flows smoothly but its when its just the girls and tom now things can be frustrating mainly because they dont speak English well.

Her comment regarding "45b together" means its a serve with your order and rice in the same plate. Its 90b when you have the main meal in one plate and rice in another plate...a much larger serve. 

From what I understand its a family run business and all employees are related, so nobodies getting the sack if you complain.

They constantly cook the worst pad kra pow ever and every fried egg comes out hard even though I ask for mai suk.

Some things work ok some are poorly cooked.

On a side note, this pass July in that soi there was a damn street soi dog that wouldn't let me pass. Damn thing actually ran towards me. Don't know the cost of treating dog bite so i didn't want to take my chances.

New owner and cook. She is similar to Ja, the owner before. She speaks great english and is very customer friendly. She is trying to cater to all of Ja's old customers, and make a smooth transition. Same menu and prices.

Okay will give it a try I just hope that damn dog isn't there.

Vincent Law

They constantly cook the worst pad kra pow ever and every fried egg comes out hard even though I ask for mai suk.

Some things work ok some are poorly cooked.

While I disagree about the pad kapow (I get the pork version often and I very much like it) you are spot on about the eggs. Due to the high table turnover they pre-cook about 12 fried eggs at a time and this is what you are surely getting, therefor not cooked to your specs. You can see the metal tray (covered with a plastic bag) on top of the display case in photo. This tray has the fried eggs.

post-83663-0-37878700-1437194479.jpg

In Pattaya, in big C extra, there is one next to Sabushi by Oishi. Dishes are below 100 baht.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I just came back from a month stay and ate at the Tin Cup, or Hole in the Wall, most days. The food is still very good and cheap, in my opinion. The service is disgraceful. I just live with it. Mostly I just have Kow Mun Gai (chicken with rice) which is 40baht. If ordering something else, just grab your own menu from near the water containers on the left hand side, as you walk in. This will save waiting for someone to bring you a menu, which may never happen! Then try very hard to get the guy with the mini ponytails attention. The girls are absolute sloths and will ignore you. If you can't read Thai, then make sure you establish the price as you order. This saves you a lot of grief when you go to pay at the end and are trying to explain what you had so they can tell you the price. If you establish this as you order, you can just give them the right money as you walk out.

Another thread (Thai Street and Hole-in-Wall Restaurants) in this section has plenty of suggestions.  For late-night dining (actually, very early morning dining), a good option is the string of pop-up street restaurants on Pattaya Tai that begins about half way between 2nd Road and Tukcom. It gets very busy around 3.00 a.m when the WS go gos shut down.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Be careful!

I was bitten by a dog in Sri Lanka and had to have the full rabies treatment - not fun!

Be careful!

I was bitten by a dog in Sri Lanka and had to have the full rabies treatment - not fun!

In Pattaya, it was a series of 6 painless injections.

• 3 weeks later...

boat bakery i think should be mention

Also what do you consider be cheap? Personally I think it is where there is a lots of dishes between 40-80B and where a a drink cost about the same as it those in 7/11

20151023_194622.jpg

I can also mention the persian restaurang at Soi buakhao, between LK Metro and the food market, it is in the middle of a lot ladyboys bars. It has nice seats compare to many others.  It do not have much on the menu to say the least, but 2 out of 4 dishes that I have eat there I have been happy with. Ironically the dish I was least happy with was the only persian inspired dish I saw on the menu. They have the cheapist kebab I have seen in pattaya only 40B and then you can both eat it there and take away. The kebab it is little bit different but good and worth a try. I also had a dish that tasted like pad thai but with rice, I would say it tasted better then most pad thai I have eated.

20151019_151757.jpg

Archived