IGNORED

What are the best cheap Thai food eateries?

ASIA_SEXPAT

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

everybody reccomends hole in the wall at soi buakao.I will try it in my next trip

but  I need some meal recommendations too.I don't like too spicy and stay away from seafood salad because I was hospitalized in my last trip

Just about 100m up from the corner of pattaya klang and 2nd road , on the left if you are heading away from the beach .There is a great thai style food court ,prices are very reasonable ,over 10 different vendors to choose from. i have eaten there over 30 times and never had any issues with the food . 

Budget meals ...My favorite is a 60b small fish (its quite big) from jolly fryer , its just like a fish from the local chippyNext try the restaurant inside Topps ,loads of nice cheap meals ,same in the food court at foodland. some of the daily special's 129b at the 18 coins are good too . Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jolly fryer small fish is now 100 baht small chips 70 baht this is not cheap

Try the chippy soi new plaza fish/chips 99 baht and much better quality

• 1 month later...

บะหมี่หมูแดง at Pattaya Tai

Starts selling at evening

20100818-110056-1093028792_zpsf7aa6aba.j

Bamee_zps63889d79.jpgBameemap_zps1d27d570.jpg

Soi 15 off Walking Street is a great place to eat in the evenings. Sit and watch the passing parade.
I don't

Know how guys can sit there . It's hot as hell in that area .

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Just about 100m up from the corner of pattaya klang and 2nd road , on the left if you are heading away from the beach .There is a great thai style food court ,prices are very reasonable ,over 10 different vendors to choose from. i have eaten there over 30 times and never had any issues with the food . 

Very tasty and cheap place for Thaifood, I always ate here in the late 90s and early 20s!

It's actually called "Maeow Lai", "the striped cat" night market!

Nowadays I prefer aircon and my favorite foodcourt is up at Big C Extra(old Carrefour), further up on Pattaya Klang.

A good inexpensive aircon Thai restaurant is "Mae Sri Reuan" up at North Pattaya in Central Center near BigC.

Plahgat

DSC_0151.JPG

When no money... she no give honey! 

I believe this is the location.. I haven't been there yet, but plan to give it a try. It looks damn cheap!

attachicon.gifTin Cup.png

My favorite place for a snack in Pattaya. I have been known to eat here 3 times a day! Always packed which is a good sign. The food is fantastic and very reasonably priced! 

A good inexpensive aircon Thai restaurant is "Mae Sri Reuan" up at North Pattaya in Central Center near BigC.

A few branches around town (and Thailand) including the original on Pattaya Glang.

The basement in Tukcom on Pattaya Tai has cheap, decent food vendors.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

at the top of soi Chaiyapoon at the 3rd road end is a Thai Restaurant and been there years, never heard a bad word about it.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

at the top of soi Chaiyapoon at the 3rd road end is a Thai Restaurant and been there years, never heard a bad word about it.

I'll give this a go next month, I like a little pad thai. 

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Stall corner soi buckow and south rd they serve chicken and rice dishes at night from around 5pm till sold out. Great value and busy.

Ate there in Feb and thought it was really good 

I believe this is the location.. I haven't been there yet, but plan to give it a try. It looks damn cheap!

attachicon.gifTin Cup.png

this is the a-1 place for chicken and rice, great curry dishes etc. Been going there for years and never spent over 100 bahts and get a lot of food.  You have to have patience though as sometimes they get swamped with customers and you might have to share a table.   Best fried chicken is on Pattaya Klang road at 10 at night, there is a stand I think call Mr Lee.  each piece, wing, thigh etc about 17bahts each and it is the best, ever....even beats out KFC, BK, or Mc Donalds or even any mom and pop place.  Never had fried chicken that was so good, even in the USA, South America, Europa....I have been all over and this vendor on the central road , just past second road at the beginning of the night market, is the best....they do something really good to it and I can not figure it out, yet I was a excellent cook back in the day. It's in their batter that may be double fried....,,but just the best.  there are certain days they are not there, but when they open, there is always a standing line to get their product.

cheers tommy x

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

I love the bamee moo dang (noodles with red chineese style pork) noodle soup that's available around town.  There's a good one just past Soi 6 in front of the 7-11.  Great place for a little Soi 6 recharge, think it's 30bt.  Wheels up in 40hrs... can't wait.

places like the big c food courts and kiss food are convenient and cheap.... but they certainly are not good quality at all.... you will find better quality for the same price (or cheaper) at the little thai street cart vendor markets..... there are quite a few scattered around town.... theres a good one in jomtien on the main road if you keep going straight south of where thappraya turns towards the beach..... if youre closer to WS area, theres also another one on 3rd road about 1/2k south of pattaya tai

but... if you want GREAT thai food for cheap.... this place is very possibly the best tasting thai food in pattaya.... it was recommended to me by skalliwag, whos thai wife said its the best in town.... and since i eat 90% thai food every week, ive eaten at a lot of places around town with my tgf and she also agrees this place has the best tasting thai food shes had in pattaya.

no idea what its name is, and the place is obviously very rustic and simple.... but im not there for the ambiance, just there for a great meal at cheap prices.

1011773_10200663626347878_362153270_n.jp

1689790_10200663624107822_771924460_n.jp

Noodle soup from any one of the hundreds of street vendors

30-40 baht.

Keow teow nam - I think it's pronounced

I lived on it on my last trip. I couldn't get enough.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 1 month later...

me too love this place for authentic street style food

places like the big c food courts and kiss food are convenient and cheap.... but they certainly are not good quality at all.... you will find better quality for the same price (or cheaper) at the little thai street cart vendor markets..... there are quite a few scattered around town.... theres a good one in jomtien on the main road if you keep going straight south of where thappraya turns towards the beach..... if youre closer to WS area, theres also another one on 3rd road about 1/2k south of pattaya tai

but... if you want GREAT thai food for cheap.... this place is very possibly the best tasting thai food in pattaya.... it was recommended to me by skalliwag, whos thai wife said its the best in town.... and since i eat 90% thai food every week, ive eaten at a lot of places around town with my tgf and she also agrees this place has the best tasting thai food shes had in pattaya.

no idea what its name is, and the place is obviously very rustic and simple.... but im not there for the ambiance, just there for a great meal at cheap prices.

1011773_10200663626347878_362153270_n.jp

1689790_10200663624107822_771924460_n.jp

can we get here by the baht bus or what should i tell the motor bike taxi ?

I'll give this a go next month, I like a little pad thai.

i ate at the restaurant at third road and choyapoon many times last trip, loved it, and very reasonable.

That fucker Skalliwag never told me about that Thai restaurant.

Archived