Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What are the best cheap Thai food eateries?

ASIA_SEXPAT

Street food is the best, all my usual places have been covered already.

Found a good place yesterday in Avenue Shopping Mall. All you can eat steak buffet for 229 BHAT. Thought it would be crap but they did a really good job. Sure more expensive than the vendors but you get a lot more meat and vegetables.

Go there if you're hungry or can eat a lot!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Across from the Avenue in from of the Family Mart at night there is some great street food. Place is real busy with TG's eating before going to work and they set out some tables and chairs. They stay open till they sell out which is everyday so the food the next day is fresh. Only make a few soup dishes and a couple more mostly all with chicken but good fresh and cheap. Ate there allot since I stay on Soi 13 allot and never had any problems.

this is the a-1 place for chicken and rice, great curry dishes etc. Been going there for years and never spent over 100 bahts and get a lot of food.  You have to have patience though as sometimes they get swamped with customers and you might have to share a table.   Best fried chicken is on Pattaya Klang road at 10 at night, there is a stand I think call Mr Lee.  each piece, wing, thigh etc about 17bahts each and it is the best, ever....even beats out KFC, BK, or Mc Donalds or even any mom and pop place.  Never had fried chicken that was so good, even in the USA, South America, Europa....I have been all over and this vendor on the central road , just past second road at the beginning of the night market, is the best....they do something really good to it and I can not figure it out, yet I was a excellent cook back in the day. It's in their batter that may be double fried....,,but just the best.  there are certain days they are not there, but when they open, there is always a standing line to get their product.

cheers tommy x

I loved fried chicken where on Central\Klang road is Mr Lee's chicken would love to try it out. Having trouble finding fried chicken at the street stalls at the moment. Seems to be leass than last year.

I loved fried chicken where on Central\Klang road is Mr Lee's chicken would love to try it out. Having trouble finding fried chicken at the street stalls at the moment. Seems to be leass than last year.

They are not in season at the moment!

• 1 year later...

The basement in Tukcom on Pattaya Tai has cheap, decent food vendors.

I went there on my last visit, it seems like the place has closed down (possibly for refurbishment?).

There is no food for sale there at the moment.

Sent from my Panasonic Microwave Oven.

Street food is the best, all my usual places have been covered already.

Found a good place yesterday in Avenue Shopping Mall. All you can eat steak buffet for 229 BHAT. Thought it would be crap but they did a really good job. Sure more expensive than the vendors but you get a lot more meat and vegetables.

Go there if you're hungry or can eat a lot!

It's called the All Seasons Steak Buffet, theres another branch in Central Festival, 5th Floor.

299 baht, all you can eat, including non-alcoholic drinks and desert.

This place totally rocks, you can have just as good a meal as at the Leng Kee on the other side of the road, but for a few hundred baht less.

If you are on your own and you want cheap try their all in one rice dishes

IMG 0052

Not bad at 85 baht

How about mixed grill at 200 baht

IMG 0050

Drinks are reasonably priced

IMG 0054

Across from the Avenue in from of the Family Mart at night there is some great street food. Place is real busy with TG's eating before going to work and they set out some tables and chairs. They stay open till they sell out which is everyday so the food the next day is fresh. Only make a few soup dishes and a couple more mostly all with chicken but good fresh and cheap. Ate there allot since I stay on Soi 13 allot and never had any problems.

They also serve a very good Khao ka moo there. Also my favorite noodle soup place is very close on the other side of Soi 13 (North and actually on corner of Soi 12 and 2nd road) in front of the 7-11. They have about 8 tables set up but is very popular

• 2 weeks later...

Beats me, how anyone could compare Cool House with LengKee.

Quite easily, the two worse restaurants I have eaten in in Pattaya one for the bad food (Cool House) and one for the terrible service (Leng Kee)

The food is better at Leng Kee but I have to admit that about half the times I have eaten there, there have been serious issues with service, such as --

being ignored

food comes ... then rice takes way too long

getting served the wrong dish

wrong ingredient in the dish from what ordered

charged for items not ordered and then hostile attitude when called out about it.

It's just my experience there and not suggesting it will happen to you but I would suggest checking your bill there. 

I think it's a busy place and they have a guaranteed customer flow, lots of one off tourists,  ... and so customers might be taken for granted.

It might be different if you are a known regular and especially if ordering high priced seafood items. 

A very good alternative to Leng Kee and specialize in pet (duck) is  "Na Muang Papaya Salad Restaurant", accessible by Baht Bus and a good place to take the Teelak!  Unfortunately not 24 hours and closes at 9pm.  But some of the best duck and seafood dishes in Pattaya at a very reasonable price!

post-82617-0-98744800-1434188634_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-33201400-1434188318_thumb.png

post-82617-0-87288100-1434188337_thumb.png

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreakfastClubPattaya/permalink/799542653436162/

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zxcFzB698YEg.kbhItz0iYtTM

Yeah, that's a very good one.

I wish it was closer to me because then I would eat there a lot.

One Thai style restaurant on Soi Excite on the left as you approach 3rd road with a large green sign is brilliant.  The lady there cooks everything to order and you can get her to cook any style you like.  Large plateful of very good food for 60 or 70 baht, quality at a decent price.  Only four table that seat four people each so very individual service, well worth a visit.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Funny, but I don't remember them selling Duck.

But I do remember their Gai Yaang.

All the Isaan dishes are recommended there.

Funny, but I don't remember them selling Duck.

But I do remember their Gai Yaang.

All the Isaan dishes are recommended there.

It's not really a Thai Chinese place like Leng Kee.

It's Thai Thai.

I never noticed a roast duck plate either but I have had their roast duck in red curry.

Very good and prices good too. 

Yes their Gai Yang is very popular. I think it is fresher on weekends as many tables order it. 

One Thai style restaurant on Soi Excite on the left as you approach 3rd road with a large green sign is brilliant.  The lady there cooks everything to order and you can get her to cook any style you like.  Large plateful of very good food for 60 or 70 baht, quality at a decent price.  Only four table that seat four people each so very individual service, well worth a visit.

yes, this is one of my go to places now. My gal and I call it green roof, very good food, made to order.

Soi Bongkot 600 m on your left coming from South pattaya road, facing the greek med cafe 50 m from 3rd road end

รายการอาหาร( Menu )

ธรรมดา    พิเศษ

Regular                        Special

ผัดกระเพราไก่, หมู                                                                                                35                                  40

Stir Fried Spicy Chicken or Pork With Basil

ผัดกระเพรา กุ้ง, ปลาหมึก, หมูกรอบ, รวมมิตร                                                                             40                                 45

Stir Fried Spicy Shrimp, Squid, Crispy pork  or Mixed With Basil

ผัดโหระพาพริกสดไก่, หมู                                                                                                                         35                                                     40

Stir Fried Chicken or Pork With Fresh Chili And Sweet Basil

ผัดโหระพาพริกสด กุ้ง, ปลาหมึก, หมูกรอบ, รวมมิตร                                                                                 40                   45

Stir Fried Shrimp, Squied, Crispy Pork Or Mixed With Sweet Basil

ผัดพริกแกง ไก่, หมู                                                                                                                                   35                                40

Stir Fried Chicken or Pork With Red Curry

ผัดพริกแกง กุ้ง, ปลาหมึก, หมูกรอบ, รวมมิตร                                                                                            40                               45

Stir Fried Shrimp, Squid, Crispy Pork or Mixed With Red Curry

กระเทียมพริกไทย ไก่, หมู                                                                                                   35                                40

Stir Fried Chicken or Pork With Garlic And Pepper

กระเทียมพริกไทย กุ้ง, ปลาหมึก                                                                                                                 40                              45

Stir Fried Shrimp or Squid With Garlic And Pepper

ผัดคะน้าหมูกรอบ                                                                                                                                       40                               45

Stier Fried Crispy Pork With Kale                                                                                                          

ผัดผักบุ้งไฟแดง                                                                                                                          35                                             40Stir Fried Morning Glory With Oyster Sauce

ผัดผงกระหรี่ ไก่, หมู                                                                                                                 40                                       45

Stir Fried Chicken or Pork With Yellow Curry                                                                        

ผัดผงกระหรี่ เนื้อปู, กุ้ง, ปลาหมึก                                                                                               45                                                        50         

Stir Fried Crab Meat, Shrimp or Squid

ผัดเผ็ดปลาดุก                                                                                                                                                                    4045

Stir Fried Spicy Cat Fish With  Sweet Basil

หมูผัดกะปิ                                                                                                                                 35                                                                          40

Stir Fried Spicy Pork With Shrimp Paste

กุ้ง, ปลาหมึก ผัดกะปิ                                                                                                                  40                                                                          45

Stir Fried Spicy Shrimp or Squid With Shrimp Paste

ข้าวผัด ไก่, หมู                                                                                                                          35                                       40

Fried Rice WithChiken or Pork

Continued

ข้าวผัด กุ้ง, เนื้อปู, รวมมิตร                                                                                        40                                      45

Fried Rice With Shrimp, Crab Meat or Mixed

ไข่เจียวหมูสับ                                                                                                                           35                                      40

Thai Style Omelets With Pork

ไข่เจียว กุ้งสับ, ปู                                                                                                                         40                                     45

Thai Style Omelets WithShirmp or Crab

ผัดซีอิ้ว ไก่, หมู                                                                                                  35                                     40

Fried Noodle With Chicken or Pork AndSweet Soy Sauce

ราดหน้า ไก่, หมู                                                                                                                          35                                    40

Fried Noodle With Chicken or Pork And kale Top With Tapioca Flour Gravy

ราดหน้าทะเล                                                                                                                        40                                       45

Fried Noodle With Seafood And Kale Top With Tapioca Flour Gravy

ก๋วยเตี๋ยวคั่วไก่                                                                                                                       40                                      45

Fried Rice noodle With Chicken And Pickled Squid

ต้มยำกุ้ง, รวมมิตร                                                                                                                 60                                       70

Spicy Soup With Shrimp or Mixed ( Tom Yam )

ต้มข่าไก่                                                                                                    50                                              60

Spicy Soup With Chicken And Coconut Milk

แกงจืดเต้าหู้หมูสับ                                                                                                                 50                                      60

Clear Soup With Tofu And Minced Pork

ลาบหมู                                                                                                                                 50                                             60

Spicy Minced Pork

*เป็นกับข้าวราคาตั้งแต่  40 - 70บาท*                                                                                                                                                  

*The Price Of Side Dish 40 - 70 Bath*

continued

Beer                                       S                                       L

Singha                                                                                               40                                    60

Leo                                                                                                     35                                    55

Chang                                                                                                33                                    50

Archa                                                                                                 30                                    48

Spirit 60-

Gin

Rum

Vodka

whisky

You Can Choose To Mix Them is ( Soda, Coke, Tonic, Fruit Juice )

Cocktail                                                                                           100-

Long Island Tea ( Super Strong )                                                 

Long Beach Tea

Mojito

Margarita

Kamikaze

1 Short Of Tequila  40 Bath!

Soi Bongkot 600 m on your left coming from South pattaya road, facing the greek med cafe 50 m from 3rd road end

รายการอาหาร( Menu )

ธรรมดา    พิเศษ

ผัดกระเพราไก่, หมู                                                                                                35                                  40

ผัดกระเพรา กุ้ง, ปลาหมึก, หมูกรอบ, รวมมิตร                                                                             40                                 45

ผัดโหระพาพริกสดไก่, หมู                                                                                                                         35                                                     40

ผัดโหระพาพริกสด กุ้ง, ปลาหมึก, หมูกรอบ, รวมมิตร                                                                                 40                   45

ผัดพริกแกง ไก่, หมู                                                                                                                                   35                                40

ผัดพริกแกง กุ้ง, ปลาหมึก, หมูกรอบ, รวมมิตร                                                                                            40                               45

กระเทียมพริกไทย ไก่, หมู                                                                                                   35                                40

กระเทียมพริกไทย กุ้ง, ปลาหมึก                                                                                                                 40                              45

ผัดคะน้าหมูกรอบ                                                                                                                                       40                               45

ผัดผักบุ้งไฟแดง                                                                                                                          35                                             40Stir Fried Morning Glory With Oyster Sauce

ผัดผงกระหรี่ ไก่, หมู                                                                                                                 40                                       45

ผัดผงกระหรี่ เนื้อปู, กุ้ง, ปลาหมึก                                                                                               45                                                        50         

ผัดเผ็ดปลาดุก                                                                                                                                                                    4045

หมูผัดกะปิ                                                                                                                                 35                                                                          40

กุ้ง, ปลาหมึก ผัดกะปิ                                                                                                                  40                                                                          45

ข้าวผัด ไก่, หมู                                                                                                                          35                                       40

looks great, I am a little unclear as per directions.

รายการอาหาร( Menu )

ธรรมดา    พิเศษ

Continued

ข้าวผัด กุ้ง, เนื้อปู, รวมมิตร                                                                                        40                                      45

Fried Rice With Shrimp, Crab Meat or Mixed

ไข่เจียวหมูสับ                                                                                                                           35                                      40

Thai Style Omelets With Pork

ไข่เจียว กุ้งสับ, ปู                                                                                                                         40                                     45

Thai Style Omelets WithShirmp or Crab

ผัดซีอิ้ว ไก่, หมู                                                                                                  35                                     40

Fried Noodle With Chicken or Pork AndSweet Soy Sauce

ราดหน้า ไก่, หมู                                                                                                                          35                                    40

Fried Noodle With Chicken or Pork And kale Top With Tapioca Flour Gravy

ราดหน้าทะเล                                                                                                                        40                                       45

Fried Noodle With Seafood And Kale Top With Tapioca Flour Gravy

ก๋วยเตี๋ยวคั่วไก่                                                                                                                       40                                      45

Fried Rice noodle With Chicken And Pickled Squid

ต้มยำกุ้ง, รวมมิตร                                                                                                                 60                                       70

Spicy Soup With Shrimp or Mixed ( Tom Yam )

ต้มข่าไก่                                                                                                    50                                              60

Spicy Soup With Chicken And Coconut Milk

แกงจืดเต้าหู้หมูสับ                                                                                                                 50                                      60

Clear Soup With Tofu And Minced Pork

ลาบหมู                                                                                                                                 50                                             60

Spicy Minced Pork

*เป็นกับข้าวราคาตั้งแต่  40 - 70บาท*                                                                                                                                                  

*The Price Of Side Dish 40 - 70 Bath*

continued

Beer                                       S                                       L

Singha                                                                                               40                                    60

Leo                                                                                                     35                                    55

Chang                                                                                                33                                    50

Archa                                                                                                 30                                    48

Spirit 60-

Gin

Rum

Vodka

Whisky

You Can Choose To Mix Them is ( Soda, Coke, Tonic, Fruit Juice )

Cocktail                                                                                           100-

Long Island Tea ( Super Strong )                                                 

Long Beach Tea

Mojito

Margarita

Kamikaze

1 Short Of Tequila  40 Bath!

Mate I hope you bought more than one blackboard!.... :GoldenSmile1:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/272680-sandwich-board-black-board/

yes, this is one of my go to places now. My gal and I call it green roof, very good food, made to order.

Hope that many more people go and eat there and it can stay open through the lowest of low seasons.  I eat there many times when I am in Pattaya, it really is my go to place now for really good food.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Hope that many more people go and eat there and it can stay open through the lowest of low seasons. I eat there many times when I am in Pattaya, it really is my go to place now for really good food.

+1there were actually many people dining there last winter. A few times we were there and no seating available.

Archived