IGNORED

What are the best cheap Thai food eateries?

ASIA_SEXPAT

Hello all, I have just arrived in Pattaya.. I think I'll stay for at least a few months. I'm on a budget and I like Thai food so please tell me the best places to eat.

Right now I'm staying on Soi Diana and I have Kiss Food and Drink at the end of the street. The other place I know of is the food court downstairs at central festival.

Where else do you guys eat good Thai food?

PS: I can't get enough of fried chicken and cashew nut.. no a big seafood eater though.

Thanks!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I second scuzz. We call it red beck. Go there for supper.

Sailor.restaurant.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

friar tuck - about half way up soi lengkee

there's a food court in tops supermarket, which is usually quiet, but do some good stuff. The one on the corner, on second road. 

Budget meals ...

My favorite is a 60b small fish (its quite big) from jolly fryer , its just like a fish from the local chippy

Next try the restaurant inside Topps ,loads of nice cheap meals ,same in the food court at foodland. some of the daily special's 129b at the 18 coins are good too .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

some of the daily special's 129b at the 18 coins are good too .

129b???? Holy shit! He said cheap!

I was thinking 30b-40b.

Hole in the wall restaurant, or as some call it, the tin cup.

It's between Soi Diana, & the Soi Buakao entrance to LK Metro.

Yer damn near there already.

Right between the Pharmacy & the Goldsmith.

http://goo.gl/maps/594Nr

It's not the best, but it sure it cheap.

Although at some point last year the guy raised his prices significantly.

Central food court is the worst and most expensive food court in patt . Taste bad and expensive . Kiss food sucks for Thai food also... <br /><br />Go the end of soi chaiyapoon third road side is a very good Thai restaurant.. As mentioned before the hole in the wall ... Soi buakow food market in the after noons( everyday ) is GREAT for good and cheap Thai food... If u must eat at a food court do so in tuk com . Bottom stairs . Best Thai food of all food court . U will see mostly workers eating .. It's also the cheapest ... Man I can say enough how shitty central food courts is . It disgusting ...

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

If you get away from the big monger/tourist areas ...look for the noodle and pad thai carts .. wherever there are lots of Thai's eating the Thai food is good. (And cheap)

It's not the best, but it sure it cheap.

Although at some point last year the guy raised his prices significantly.

significantly-prices went up by 5 baht :Think1:

I second scuzz. We call it red beck. Go there for supper.

I couldn't find where scuzz is?googled it and got nothing

can you give some info about scuzz?

If you get away from the big monger/tourist areas ...look for the noodle and pad thai carts .. wherever there are lots of Thai's eating the Thai food is good. (And cheap)

I never understand why there aren't pad thai carts around Walking Street. They do great business on Khao San Rd for example. All I ever see are the ubiquitous doner sandwiches and meat skewers carts. Not very appealing!

I hate bothering with sit down restaurants so half the time end up nuking some 30 or 40 baht rice dish from 7. 

Don't go to restaurants, eat street food, look out for the motorbikes, you're get familiar with how they look. My favourite is noodle soup 40 baht, sometimes 30. Hot coffee 10 baht, Starbucks 90..

I couldn't find where scuzz is?googled it and got nothing

can you give some info about scuzz?

I believe this is the location.. I haven't been there yet, but plan to give it a try. It looks damn cheap!

Tin Cup.png

I believe this is the location.. I haven't been there yet, but plan to give it a try. It looks damn cheap!

attachicon.gifTin Cup.png

Its the hole in the wall /tin cup on Soi Buk.

Where does the name scuzz come from?

Whatever you do try,try and stay out of Kiss food.......its the Mc D's of Thai food, more expensive than the hole in the wall places and mostly frequented by ignorant Russians and some ferrangs who because its packed full every day, think it must be good food then.

My favourite Thai place is the Lengkee on Central Rd. Walk up Soi Bukhao towards Central (or baht bus to the end of Soi Buk) turn left onto Central heading towards the beach. 1st open Restaurant on the left is the Lengkee......if your not sure your at the right spot......look up..... it has a massive sign!

But be warned between 7-9pm the chinese tour buses turn up and the place gets packed. A few years ago I only heard the odd Russian voice but on my last visit there were a lot more.

Try this place. It's across the street from the entrance to LK on soi diana, very near Robins nest. I copied the link from google map, I hope this works. Used to get a meal for 20 baht. I was not able to go there last year so not certain of the current price. I've eaten there many times and have never had a bad meal. 

https://www.google.com/maps/preview/@12.929488,100.883938,3a,75y,248.85h,74.48t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sTjiNAluctQe4bUT8MYcIHQ!2e0

Its the hole in the wall /tin cup on Soi Buk.

Where does the name scuzz come from?

It seems that he's somewhat confused due to the references to my post.

I am Scuzz,

The restaurant is the "Hole in the Wall" or, "The Tin Cup", or "Red Beck"

The place itself doesn't seem to actually have a name as they are too busy turning out tasty food at cheap prices to bother with such frills.

BTW, if you crave a damn fine burger, go 100 Meters or so north on Soi Buakaou & get a Garyburger

(Not posted on the menu. Ya gotta ask for it)

from yet another hole in the wall specialty joint.

100b for the best burger in town!

Scuzz +1 :)

Now I get it

I will try garyburger but some members tell ozburger is the best.did you have a chance to taste both?

some members tell ozburger is the best.did you have a chance to taste both?

If the Ozburger is the one at the end of Soi Diana next to the spaghetti joint,

then yes I have. Once. Garyburger beats it hands down.

Archived