Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bell buses

On May 16, 2017 at 11:36 PM, likeaking said:

Ticket agent probably didn't want to explain to his boss why there were empty seats (the unsold ones he held out for tips) on the bus.

That is exactly what happens when they hold back too many tickets.  You will see one of them walking through the waiting crowd asking what bus you are on and swapping your later ticket for the bus that is about to depart.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, ireland2012 said:

389 bus    only 120 baht

Walking only free??

8 hours ago, ireland2012 said:

389 bus    only 120 baht

Yes, and wait 1-2 hours for the next available seat or "tip" the ticket seller for an earlier bus. Been taking 389 for years but am sick of the BS so will use Bell next trip and have a confirmed seat waiting for me. 

Edited by likeaking
  • Like 1

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

i take your point   but I never had a problem with 389  every hour service or when bus is full         

Flash an extra ฿50 note and magically a seat becomes available.  No wait required for bus 389.  

It's a very small extra fee for express service making it more convienient than fucking about booking with Bell IMO.

Express service at a cost of ฿170 all in with the small tip, $5 USD is a sweet deal.  I like the tipping scam as opposed to being bothered by it.  I hope it continues.

Edited by Whalley

Bell Bus really don't need to book in advance now. You could buy the ticket at the arrival hall for 300 THB. So, 300 THB drop you off at your hotel and 2 hours a bus. Or take 389 for 120 THB (plus tips/scam) , each hour a bus. Take Bahtbus to you hotel on your own.

Edited by matrix123

21 minutes ago, matrix123 said:

Bell Bus really don't need to book in advance now. You could buy the ticket at the arrival hall for 300 THB. //

When is the last time you did that ? From what I know it's about 1 year that you can't do that. They are authorised to take people who already reserved, but don't have the licence to act like regular busses at the airport.

Edit: From their website: "From Suvanabhumi Airport to Pattaya, Bell can not accept walk-in customers. Advance booking via website only!!! (Announced Sept 20th, 2016)" - http://www.belltravelservice.com/

9 hours ago, Whalley said:

Flash an extra ฿50 note and magically a seat becomes available.  No wait required for bus 389. //

Up to you if you want make the whole trip on a folding seat at the back of the bus :wacko:, but other passengers also had to wait for their bus and you can only dream that one of them will let his seat for you :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Oukiva said:

When is the last time you did that ? From what I know it's about 1 year that you can't do that. They are authorised to take people who already reserved, but don't have the licence to act like regular busses at the airport.

Edit: From their website: "From Suvanabhumi Airport to Pattaya, Bell can not accept walk-in customers. Advance booking via website only!!! (Announced Sept 20th, 2016)" - http://www.belltravelservice.com/

Go back a page on this tread to read from post 532 or Read this thread:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307715-bell-bus-suvarnabhumi-to-pattaya/

You could buy ticket at the TOUR counter for 300 THB. If you have a working Thai SIM and you don't want to pay the 60 THB extra. You could use your smart phone to book Bell Bus ticket when you landed at the airport. Now, they close the booking 30 minutes before the bus departure.

Edited by matrix123

6 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Up to you if you want make the whole trip on a folding seat at the back of the bus :wacko:, but other passengers also had to wait for their bus and you can only dream that one of them will let his seat for you :rolleyes:

The ticket seller holds back tickets to make his tea money with.

This was the seat I received after tipping ฿50 to avoid a 2 hour wait.

image.jpeg

Me and my TGF have used 389 bus as my main transportation between Bangkok and Jomtien. The best option as I live in Jomtien and not want to use taxis between North bus terminal and Jomtien.

In the busy hours they can run half an hour intervals. Never have faced a scammer, but always have caught the bus after hour or so wait. Silly to pay Bell bus 300bht when I can have a better option for 120bht. 

I use Bell bus for my tranportation between BKK and Pattaya for many years. If I take Thai Aiways, one of their flights arrive at 3pm. For 240 THB, Bell bus 4pm bus is perfect for me.

Edited by matrix123

• 3 weeks later...

How long it usually takes to get through immigration (no need for visa, only the 30day stamp) and luggage carousel? 

I'm coming in November and landing is 12:35, so I'm not sure if I have enough time for getting SIM and changing money (bottom floor green super rich?) before the 14:00 Bell bus.

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

4 hours ago, Mr_Peace said:

How long it usually takes to get through immigration (no need for Visa, only the 30day stamp) and luggage carousel? 

I'm coming in November and landing is 12:35, so I'm not sure if I have enough time for getting SIM and changing money (bottom floor green super rich?) before the 14:00 Bell bus.

You should have time.  Be aware of the two immigration areas very close to each other, serving passengers arriving from oposite sides of the airport.

If the first is busy, go to the next.  The immigration queues at the entrance by gate D6 are generally much longer serving passengers arriving  on the E, F, G concourses. These are all international gates on this side of the airport.

The immigration queues are generally shorter at the entrance by gate D4 as there are much fewer international gates on this side of the airport.  A & B gates are domestic and C gates are international.

image.jpeg

Edited by Whalley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/2/2017 at 4:35 AM, Mr_Peace said:

How long it usually takes to get through immigration (no need for Visa, only the 30day stamp) and luggage carousel? 

I took the Bell bus last week. Arrived at 1:05 pm, it was very crowded but it only took me 25 minutes to get through the immigration and pick up my luggage. Went to bottom floor to exchange money and go back to the waiting area for the bus at 1:40, plenty of time for the 2:00 pm bus. One advise to you about exchange money, only exchange a very small amount at the airport (if you really need to). When I was there, the rate was 31.80 (bottom floor at the airport) vs. 33.15 (at Pattaya), as you can see, quite a big spread.

24 minutes ago, h.harris said:

I took the Bell bus last week. Arrived at 1:05 pm, it was very crowded but it only took me 25 minutes to get through the immigration and pick up my luggage. Went to bottom floor to exchange money and go back to the waiting area for the bus at 1:40, plenty of time for the 2:00 pm bus. One advise to you about exchange money, only exchange a very small amount at the airport (if you really need to). When I was there, the rate was 31.80 (bottom floor at the airport) vs. 33.15 (at Pattaya), as you can see, quite a big spread.

You clearly went to the wrong booth on the bottom floor at the airport.

The rates will always be higher than Pattaya.

These are current BKK airport rates on the B-floor:

http://www.valueplusexchange.com/#/

https://www.superrichthailand.com/#!/en/exchange

image.png

image.png

I must have. But as a first timer there, my advise stays the same. Trying to navigate the airport looking for the right exchange booth while looking at your clock afraid of missing the bus is not fun. I'd rather strolling in Pattaya, taking in the scene and find the exchange booth there. And as you said, the rate will be higher too.

13 minutes ago, h.harris said:

I must have. But as a first timer there, my advise stays the same. Trying to navigate the airport looking for the right exchange booth while looking at your clock afraid of missing the bus is not fun. I'd rather strolling in Pattaya, taking in the scene and find the exchange booth there. And as you said, the rate will be higher too.

You misread my post.  What I said was, the rates will always be higher at the airport.

If you use the elevator, it takes only seconds to go down 2 floors from arrivals.  The 5 excellent exchange booths are all grouped together.

It's a time saver to change your money at one of these good airport booths, rather than wasting time changing some small amount at a rip-off booth on the arrivals floor then have to again try to find a good booth on the streets of Pattaya to get started on your holiday.

On 2.8.2017 at 4:35 PM, Mr_Peace said:

Bell buses require you to have 90minutes between your arrival and the bus leaving. If you miss the bus with shorter time, they will not give you the new ticket from the next available bus. 

2 hours ago, jpmelville said:

Bell buses require you to have 90minutes between your arrival and the bus leaving. If you miss the bus with shorter time, they will not give you the new ticket from the next available bus. 

Couple weeks ago I went with them. Arrived at 1:05 pm and still get to the waiting area with 15 minutes to spare. The bus was waiting a little bit too, and did not leave the airport until 2:10 or so, so if you are a couple minutes late, you still should be ok.

• 1 month later...

I've been travelling from Pattaya to Swampy with Bell a few times, but never the other way around. From Swampy to Pattaya. But I might give it a try in January. Is 2h15min enough time between estimated flight arrival and bus departure?

1 hour ago, Tarpon said:

I've been travelling from Pattaya to Swampy with Bell a few times, but never the other way around. From Swampy to Pattaya. But I might give it a try in January. Is 2h15min enough time between estimated flight arrival and bus departure?

2h15 min should be more than enough.