IGNORED

Bell buses

I'm booked on them next month Suvarnabhumbi 8am to Pattaya for 240 Baht......Saving of a 1000 over taxi when tips included and I'm mindful of arriving to early for hotel if using taxi as per normal.

Used it before once when collecting someone and really cant go wrong and "probably" I agree safer than taxi. Adds about 30 minutes overall but after 24 ours on the go means nothing

How much time should I allow for Immigration and for baggage collection? If I land 12.40 PM, is it a good idea to Book the Bell Bus that leaves 2 PM?

Edited by Tarpon

That might be cutting it close specially if the flight you are on is a bit late.  JMO

• Like 2

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

How much time should I allow for Immigration and for baggage collection? Id If I land 12.40 PM, is it a good idea to Book the Bell Bus that leaves 2 PM?

Ok, if you can get off your plane quickly. But it lands and your hanging around for 10 to 15 mins until the doors open.

Immigration can be 10 mins to 1 hour!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by taylor1975

How much time should I allow for Immigration and for baggage collection? If I land 12.40 PM, is it a good idea to Book the Bell Bus that leaves 2 PM?

Be aware that there are 2 Imigration areas, with entrances very close to each other. If the first is busy, go to the second.

E, F and G concourses are all international gates.

A, B and C concourses, only C gates are international. A and B are all domestic gates.

As a result, the Imigration entrance by D6 is most often the busier one. The Imigration entrance by D4 usually quieter.

Take note of the gate you arrive. If arriving on the E, F, G side the first entrance is usually the one to avoid.

image.gif

That's about the normal timeframe for me and I have time to sort out a SIM card and grab a bite to eat at the food court after checking in with Bell. Just be sure to pre-book your ticket on the website

First up - it is impossible to predict how long it will take to clear Immigration. There are a few extraneous factors which impact on the duration of time to clear. Personally I allow 40mins from scheduled landing time to get through all procedures. I prefer to take the Jomtien Bus. It makes 3 stops on the Sukhumvit Rd which as it suits my onward travel better, also only 120THB. There is one very hr but getting on board late afternoons can be a problem. May have to wait for "next" available bus. Depending on time I found that during the day the bus is not that much slower than a tax. Late evenings trips - the Taxi is quicker.

Arrived yesterday, plane landed about 7.45am, exiting plane and walk to Immigration 15 minutes, was through Immigration in less than 10 minutes also, bags waited 5 minutes, assorted pissing about and down to the bus counters by 8.20am. Went on the 9am Govt bus as not waiting around til 10am for Bell.

You should fine be with your timings but everyday is different.

Edited by ingo67
  • Like 3

On the Bell website, it said starting Sept 22 you cannot walk up to the counter at Swampy and pay. has anyone recently paid at the counter?

Jomtien Bus is OK for me too. can you still pay at the counter?

Ladyboy Review Forum http://www.ladyboyreview.com

Pity they done this. Last year I missed it by 10mins and had to pay again. This year paid and walked on. Just booked for Saturday

My First Trip -     Mama told me not to cum/

My Second Trip - Guitarmans second newbie trip/

My Third Trip -   50 Shades of brown Guitarmans 3rd trip report/

My Forth Trip -   Guitarmans reality check/

My Fifth Trip -      Guitarmans fifth symphony! The ex-girlfriend experience/

My Sixth Trip -   NEW!  Guitarmans 6th string

My seventh Trip - Guitarman's seven string - Seventh trip report!

My Eighth Trip - Guitarmans eighth trip sweet-music or a cacophony

My Ninth Trip - Groundhog Day again.

My Tenth Trip -  My Comeback Tour

My Eleventh trip - November 22 Tour.

MY YOUTUBE PATTAYA PLAYLIST - www.youtube.com/Thailand-Videos

• 1 month later...

On the Bell website, it said starting Sept 22 you cannot walk up to the counter at Swampy and pay. has anyone recently paid at the counter?

Jomtien Bus is OK for me too. can you still pay at the counter?

Can you still pay at the airport? My SCB card won't work on their website. 

NO, you can not pay at the airport. I do both Bangkok and Pattaya. Since Bell has that pre-book requirement, I went to Bangkok first this trip. When I Arrived at the airport a few days ago, I went to Bell bus counter to ask before I take the taxi to the city. The guy's answer is "NO". I also saw the 12:00 bus leaving, it is half full or half empty. I think the pre-book requirement really hurt their business on that BKK to Pattaya route.

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are very sorry any inconvenience,please kindly try to book on website,From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya,Bell can't accept walk-in customers.Advance booking via website only.

Best Regards,

Joy

They need a Paypal account. 

Unless business owners are are there and sitting on top of the cash register, cash businesses here often suffer high theft losses from employees.

That might be the reason they stopped accepting cash.

Thai SMEs are a train wreck .. this is but one of the reasons.

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Cash or "TAXI collective (crime gang)" may not be the reasons. Only BKK airport to Pattaya route need to pre-book. Pattaya to BKK airport, Bangkok city to Pattaya, and Pattaya to Bangkok city you could still walk in. I guess it must have something to do with the airport regulation. A BM mentioned a few weeks ago that Bell bus technically is not a "public bus"!

Edited by matrix123

My flight was late by an hour last January,had 30 minutes to get through immigration get my bag and get downstairs and check In at the desk and get my label for my bag made it with seconds to spare,I had a fasttrack pass from BFS.

otherwise I would not have had a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

None of my credit cards were accepted tonight when I tried to book online on the Bell website.

None of my credit cards were accepted tonight when I tried to book online on the Bell website.

You can't book more then three months in advance that may be the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

having  trouble booking ticket   airport to pattaya through bells  web site do you need to pay via cred it  card?

• 2 weeks later...

To the BMs who have trouble to book on-line or Bell won't take their credit cards. A BM started a new thread in this section. Some BMs said you could walk-in to buy tickets now. A BM said you have to go back up to arrival floor to look for TOUR counters to buy the tickets. The discussion is here:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307715-bell-bus-suvarnabhumi-to-pattaya/

• 2 months later...

From what I can see on the Bell website they don't leave from Don Mueang airport?

I arrive at DMK on the 7th of March at 8.30 PM.

Will I have to get a taxi to Flipper House hotel in Pattaya and what would you expect to pay for that please?

From what I can see on the Bell website they don't leave from Don Mueang airport?

I arrive at DMK on the 7th of March at 8.30 PM.

Will I have to get a taxi to Flipper House Hotel in Pattaya and what would you expect to pay for that please?

The last Bell Bus leave BKK at 6PM. So, you arrive in DMK at 8:30PM, you better take a taxi. There are number of threads about different private taxis in this section. Go there to have a look.

If you miss the last Bell bus, take the regular 389 bus for 120 baht that run hourly until 22:00. When you get to Pattaya, take a motobike or hire a baht bus to you hotel. Taxis will run from 1000-1500.