IGNORED

Bell buses

If you are going to Jomtien, a better oprhion might be the Roong Reuang(sp) service.

I used it a few years ago. It left from Suvarnabhumi and went along Sukhumvit past Pattaya, dropping passengers off at the top of North, Central and South roads and terminated at a bus station on the Jomtien side of Pratumnak.

After that you are on your own, but it is on a baht bus route.

I don't think it is possible to book on line, but tickets could be bought at a desk near the Bell Travel collection point.

Has anyone more recent knowlege?

Cheers lounge_lizard

I think I'll stay with the bell bus for now but if they don't drop me off at thappraya road I'll look into the Roong Reuang.

Cheers & thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There seems to be some Jomtien hotels on the bell bus list

Yeah so hopefully they would drop me off at Thappraya Road...

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The day i can't afford a taxi after a 12 hours flight is the day i stop coming,but hey your money your holiday

The day i can't afford a taxi after a 12 hours flight is the day i stop coming,but hey your money your holiday

there's always one.....

there's always one.....

Yeah that's my opinion,and i think its crazy to fly half way around the world to try scrimp on getting a taxi straight to my destination.But i do understand some ppl want to make a saving on every penny,power to you.

Yeah that's my opinion,and i think its crazy to fly half way around the world to try scrimp on getting a taxi straight to my destination.But i do understand some ppl want to make a saving on every penny,power to you.

It's not just about penny pinching. 

I've had it up to here with airport taxis.

I've been let down a couple of times by pre-booked taxis, and have sat in the back of others with the driver nodding off at the wheel or nattering on his cell-phone. 

I have toured Pattaya because the driver didn't know where my hotel was (I did but he wouldn't listen to the ignorant falang).

And after eighteen hours minimum (including gettng to the airport and messing about in the departure lounge) I'm in no mood to change money at Suvarnabhumi rates and then haggle over the cost of a taxi.

Bell travel is at least reliable.

Edited by lounge_lizard

It's not just about penny pinching.

I've had it up to here with airport taxis.

I've been let down a couple of times by pre-booked taxis, and have sat in the back of others with the driver nodding off at the wheel or nattering on his cell-phone.

I have toured Pattaya because the driver didn't know where my hotel was (I did but he wouldn't listen to the ignorant falang).

And after eighteen hours minimum (including gettng to the airport and messing about in the departure lounge) I'm in no mood to change money at Suvarnabhumi rates and then haggle over the cost of a taxi.

Bell travel is at least reliable.

Never needed to pre book a taxi,just walk out to the top and a million taxi drivers will swamp you,I then just say how much i am willing to pay and then im off.works for me.

I think the majority get the bus for the cost saving(maybe i am wrong).

Taxis have a worse rep than they deserve in my humble opinion

Never once had a problem with a taxi in all my years coming,worse case in bangkok is you ask for the meter to go on,they refuse and you just shut the door and hail the next one

I think the majority get the Bell bus NOT FOR THE COST SAVING. I saw Bell bus drop off people (including me) to Hilton, Marriott, Holiday Inn...etc. Those are 5 star hotel. Those people are not try to save a few hundred THB. Bell bus is always on time and reliable.

I think the majority get the Bell bus NOT FOR THE COST SAVING. I saw Bell bus drop off people (including me) to Hilton, Marriott, Holiday Inn...etc. Those are 5 star hotel. Those people are not try to save a few hundred THB. Bell bus is always on time and reliable.

Any reason you don't take a taxi?

I think the majority get the Bell bus NOT FOR THE COST SAVING. I saw Bell bus drop off people (including me) to Hilton, Marriott, Holiday Inn...etc. Those are 5 star hotel. Those people are not try to save a few hundred THB. Bell bus is always on time and reliable.

Taxi must be quicker and more comfortable?or i am missing something?

Any reason you don't take a taxi?

I have taken taxi before.

From BKK to Pattaya, Bell bus is about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Taxi is about 1 1/2 hour. It is one hour or less difference. I am on vacation and not in a rush.

I have not read any complaints about the Bell bus drivers. Taxi drivers, you have to try you luck.

Bell bus is always on time. Taxi not always.

Taxi must be quicker and more comfortable?or i am missing something?

The taxis in Thailand are mainly Toyota Vios. It is small. The trunk won't even fit a large Samsonite hard shell check in bag. Except you book a private/illegal taxi use a Camry or bigger car. The ride doesn't make much difference than a bus.

Edited by matrix123

My hotel does not figure in the drop off list. It is "At Sea Residence" just over the Pattaya Beer Garden and just before the entrance of Walking Street.

Does some one have any idea as in to where is the closest drop off point to this place and how far would it be from my hotel? Any input would be much helpful in making my decision of a Bell bus or a private taxi. Thanks in advance!

My Hotel does not figure in the drop off list. It is "At Sea Residence" just over the Pattaya Beer Garden and just before the entrance of Walking Street.

Does some one have any idea as in to where is the closest drop off point to this place and how far would it be from my hotel? Any input would be much helpful in making my decision of a Bell bus or a private taxi. Thanks in advance!

"At sea residence" is on the list. When you pick drop off, you pick "others". Then you will find it. Bell run out of room to put all of the hotels/ guest houses in the hotel section.

• 3 weeks later...

Have used both busses (Bell and the other one) and taxis. My last two trips were taxi's and both times they stopped for gas. Each time was almost a 30 minute stop! Not really saving any time there but that extra 1300 baht,,,well, you know what that could have bought me :GrinNod1:

I have just used Bell for the first time, patts to the airport took 1hr 15mins!

The driver drove like a fucken madman......last time I ever use Bell bus!

This is the first time I heard about a complaint like that about their drivers. I suggest you send a e-mail to Bell Bus to complain about that. Please let us know how Bell Bus reply.

By the way, this week is Songkran. The traffic should be bad. Also, the construction on the highway make the trip take longer than before. 1 hour 15 minutes seen unbelievable fast. Are you sure it was 1 hour 15 minutes? I think base on the two issues, 2 hour 15 minutes seems reasonable!

Edited by matrix123

On arrival at Suvarnabhumi I always check if a Bell Bus is available and will take it, providing it's leaving within the next 30 mins or thereabouts. If the wait is over an hour then forget it, I'll take a taxi.  I'm not in a rush but I don't want to hang around the airport for too long.  I actually find the bus more convenient as everyone knows where they're going and it's very reliable.

Easy to share a taxi too. I've enjoyed some good conversations with a fellow farang during the journey down to Pattaya by taxi. A few times I've endured a taxi swap en route and there's often an uneasy feeling when that happens, so be sure to remain vigilant regarding your belongings while in transition.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

This is the first time I heard about a complaint like that about their drivers. I suggest you send a e-mail to Bell Bus to complain about that. Please let us know how Bell Bus reply.

By the way, this week is Songkran. The traffic should be bad. Also, the construction on the highway make the trip take longer than before. 1 hour 15 minutes seen unbelievable fast. Are you sure it was 1 hour 15 minutes? I think base on the two issues, 2 hour 15 minutes seems reasonable!

I take Bell Buses regularly usually the 9am one,the Bus normally takes about 1:30 hours,a little less a little more never near to 2Hours,the guy complaining about the Driver going like mad man I find strange as the buses are governed(Electrically ?) I think down to about 80 Klms ph.

Was it an older guy maybe 50-60 with hair combed backwards? I had that guy as a Bell bus driver in January. It was the first time I have been afraid in a Bell bus.

Was it an older guy maybe 50-60 with hair combed backwards? I had that guy as a Bell bus driver in January. It was the first time I have been afraid in a Bell bus.

Yes, that would describe him.

We left the Bell bus station in Pattaya @9:05 arrived at the airport terminal (stopped to let passengers off) @10:22.

I will be emailing bell bus management.