IGNORED

Bell buses

any update on pattaya - don muang

I'm sure I read in the last week that that route has been cancelled

hi guys,

I will be arriving at 1815 so i most likely will be missing out on the Bell Bus. Is there any other buscompany i can take to bring me to

Pattaya? I will be staying at Diana Oasis which is near Soi Bahkouw. I read about the bus 389 but not sure where to get off.

Could you anyone give me some advise if i can take that bus perhaps or if there is another bus i can take.

Thanks

hi guys,

I will be arriving at 1815 so i most likely will be missing out on the Bell Bus. Is there any other buscompany i can take to bring me to

Pattaya? I will be staying at Diana Oasis which is near Soi Bahkouw. I read about the bus 389 but not sure where to get off.

Could you anyone give me some advise if i can take that bus perhaps or if there is another bus i can take.

Thanks

If your plane arrives on time make sure you rush through immigration, baggage etc and you should be ok for the 1900 bus.  Get off after 2nd stop in Patts and cross the busy road; easier said than done with baggage!  Just flag down a baht bus as normal to Soi Bua Khao road off Pattaya Klang and get on another bus to Diana Estate.  Simples!

Edited by eanto

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Thanks for your prompt response Eanto.

Are you talking about the 389 bus at 1900 right? Is the second stop Central Pattaya insection?

Correct on both counts.  I did this on my last trip but be aware, I secured the very last seat on the bus otherwise I would have had an hour wait for next bus or the expensive taxi option.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

• 4 weeks later...

Suvarnabjumi advertises a bus to Jomtien from 0700 - 22.00hrs. Kiosk is beside Bells Service on 1st Floor. A good service, Sops at Pattaya Nau, Pattaya Thia , Pattaya Klang and then the depot by Foodlands Thapphraya Rd nr jct of Thepprasit Rd, . Tel 0863242389  Cost  137 bht great value and not that much longer trip with taxi.  

• 1 month later...

Ok im starting to get a bad feeling about what ive just done.......after failing to book up using my samsung galaxy tablet for pats/airport the last three stays in pats, ive managed to do it this time.tried and failed yesterday, todaybingo.they sent me booking ref and ticket number by email....now this is it , I cant print off these, so do I just show the screen image of the emails . HeLP. I want to go back to using them after I would say about 6 or 7 anoying episodes with taxis. Had 4 on the trot that pulled over for gas one of which took about 15mins bcos first place had massive que as had the second ive had 2 taxis not turn up also thelast one turned up half hour early , drove like a madman and pulled over for gas took ten mins.hhe then wanted the tolls payed for which I d already payed.i paid up but didnt tip.

Suvarnabjumi advertises a bus to Jomtien from 0700 - 22.00hrs. Kiosk is beside Bells Service on 1st Floor. A good service, Sops at Pattaya Nau, Pattaya Thia , Pattaya Klang and then the depot by Foodlands Thapphraya Rd nr jct of Thepprasit Rd, . Tel 0863242389 Cost 137 bht great value and not that much longer trip with taxi.

... so, the bus stops on Pattaya Nua, Pattaya Thai, Pattaya Klang:

. are these stops on Sukhumvit Road, from where a taxi is necessary to get down to Beach, 2nd and 3rd Road entertainment areas? ... or,

[ii] are baht buses available from those stops? ... or,

[iii] does it stop somewhere close to the entertainment areas?

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

brutox,

the bus stops along Sukhumvit at the intersections of Pattaya Nua, Pattaya Thai, Pattaya Klang, yes.

There are no baht busses waiting and only relatively few on Sukhumvit anyway. But there usually are botorbike taxis waiting.

So the options as far as I see it are to either get a motobike taxi, be lucky to find a baht bus or make it accross Sukhumvit and down one of the roads where it should be easier to bet a baht bus.

I never bothered with this. It's only another 5min max. to the depot in Jomtien and there are baht busses waiting to take the busload into Pattaya proper. 20-50baht and the guys are delivering you to your hotel or very near indeed. Hassle free.

• 2 months later...

I took the 10oclock morning bell bus yesterday just turned up after rushing through immigration cost me 250 bt 2 hora later I was eating curry in surf kitchen in jomtien would highly recommend

I've never used the bell bus service so sorry if these are stupid questions.

If I book on the 13:00 PAT -> BKK service will I get an ETA when the van will pick me up from the hotel to the bus station?

I'm using a smartphone so cannot print any confirmation, will showing the email on the phone be good enough?

The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs less. ~Brendan Francis, Playboy, 1985

I've never used the bell bus service so sorry if these are stupid questions.

If I book on the 13:00 PAT -> BKK service will I get an ETA when the van will pick me up from the hotel to the bus station?

I'm using a smartphone so cannot print any confirmation, will showing the email on the phone be good enough?

yes, usually its a generic 30 minute slot, 12.30 in your case.

I'm doing the same - got my confirmation on a tablet. They have your name when the driver arrives at hotel, but i guess we shall see.

For printdd confirmation I asked the place I was staying if I could forward email the ticket and they printed it off for me .I dare say those small internet shops you see everywhere would print it off for a small fee.

When getting picked up at the guesthouse I didn't have to give the driver my printed confirmation. I just showed it to the lady at the office to get my bus ticket. You should be fine just having it on your phone or tablet. If you want to verify, just email their customer service who are very good with quick responses.

• 1 month later...

I had my first bell bus experience and it was great.bus take off on time and just 1.5 hour later I was in pattaya.

I will use it again for sure

• 3 weeks later...

My first bell bus experience looking good. :)4ana3y8u.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Rockin' the pink laundry basket luggage. A classic.

StrikeEagle
"When you care enough to send the Best in the World"

Pussy Prices IMO, Beach Road (Coconut Bar) ST 500 - 800; LT 1000-1500, May be similar in Bamboo and PBG or slightly dearer: Bars and some massage places, bar fine 300-400; ST 800 - 1000; LT 1000-2000, may be cheaper later in the evening: Agogos, bar fine ST 700 - 1000 bar fine  LT 1500 ST 1500-2000, LT 2000-3500: IBar, Insomnia, other Discos, early  expensive getting cheaper as sunrise approaches but 1000-3000 depending: Feel free to PM me with updates

• 4 weeks later...

Had another great experience with Bell last Friday. My flight was at 3:10pm so I pre-booked a seat on the website for the 11am bus. They picked me up in a van at China Garden at 10:30. The bus left about 11:10am and despite our driver being stopped twice for speeding, I was at the EVA departure gate in Swampy by 1:00pm. 

I have used Bell Bus Company many times, both from Pattaya and Hua Hin. They are extremely reliable and very good value for money. A real first class operation.

anybody used bell bus and stayed at nature view hotel at soi buakhow...the hotel is not listed at bell bus database and I dont know which hotel to choose for drop off location

anybody used bell bus and stayed at nature view hotel at soi buakhow...the hotel is not listed at bell bus database and I dont know which hotel to choose for drop off location

They actually address that situation on their website. Specifically:

"Choose a hotel or an airport to be picked up and a hotel or an airport to be dropped off. If the hotel that you are staying is not in our system, you can e-mail us to check if it is in our service area or not. If yes, we will add it so you can make a booking. Otherwise, you can select the closet hotel that you can meet our staff or travel to board the coach at our office. It is also the same with drop-off location."

The link for that statement is here under "booking tips - #2"

http://www.belltravelservice.com/Pages/PageAboutSharedTransfer.aspx

The hotel is clearly within their service area, so if you drop them an email they should enable to make a booking. If the worst comes to worst, you can ask to be dropped off at the Katesiree Residence which is on their drop down menu and seems to be literally 60 meters from your hotel.

• Like 1

They actually address that situation on their website. Specifically:

"Choose a hotel or an airport to be picked up and a hotel or an airport to be dropped off. If the hotel that you are staying is not in our system, you can e-mail us to check if it is in our service area or not. If yes, we will add it so you can make a booking. Otherwise, you can select the closet hotel that you can meet our staff or travel to board the coach at our office. It is also the same with drop-off location."

The link for that statement is here under "booking tips - #2"

http://www.belltravelservice.com/Pages/PageAboutSharedTransfer.aspx

The hotel is clearly within their service area, so if you drop them an email they should enable to make a booking. If the worst comes to worst, you can ask to be dropped off at the Katesiree Residence which is on their drop down menu and seems to be literally 60 meters from your hotel.

thanks sneradog...really appreciate your help

• 3 weeks later...

I sent email about the hotels that are not in their list.

no replies and still no change in the hotel list

one of the most booked hotels majestic suites bangkok is also not on their list.does anybody know a close hotel that I can choose from the list?

I sent email about the hotels that are not in their list.

no replies and still no change in the hotel list

one of the most booked hotels majestic suites bangkok is also not on their list.does anybody know a close hotel that I can choose from the list?

Landmark Bangkok and Dynasty Inn Bangkok (not Dynasty Inn Grande) are both on the list and nearby.

The nearest hotel is Duan Nam Ing hotel.  Book for that one and mention to the driver that you are staying at Nature View and they may still drop you there.  Apparently Bell Bus and Nature View fell out over where the bus parks!