Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ashes - let the battle commence

mousemat

Great weekends sport!

Watched froch-groves then the Brisbane test..

Well done AUS ,far superior and 381 win shows how dominant you were...

Did you all see the altercation between Clarke and Anderson?

From the gist of it ,it looked like Clarke was basically saying"if you want to dish it out you gotta take it"...

Anderson looked pathetic complaining to the umpire, about bailey sledging him,a test match debutant...

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope Captain Cook leads his team like the way he did this test for the rest of the series. If he does it will be 5 zip to the Aussies. Some of his tactics I thought was quiet strange.

Great weekends sport!

Watched froch-groves then the Brisbane test..

Well done AUS ,far superior and 381 win shows how dominant you were...

Did you all see the altercation between Clarke and Anderson?

From the gist of it ,it looked like Clarke was basically saying"if you want to dish it out you gotta take it"...

Anderson looked pathetic complaining to the umpire, about bailey sledging him,a test match debutant...

Channel 9 turned on the pitch microphone just at the right time to hear Clarke say to Anderson "get ready for a broken fucking arm". They turned it off pretty quickly.

Channel 9 turned on the pitch microphone just at the right time to hear Clarke say to Anderson "get ready for a broken fucking arm". They turned it off pretty quickly.

I caught "just get ready ..." but couldn't make out the last bit. That could cost Clarke a few thousand dollars.

I see they're also making a big deal out of Warner calling Trott "pretty weak", when Michael Vaughan tweeted that Trott's dig was  "as bad an innings I have ever seen from an England No3".

I caught "just get ready ..." but couldn't make out the last bit. That could cost Clarke a few thousand dollars.

In see they're also making a big deal out of Warner calling Trott "pretty weak", when Michael Vaughan tweeted that Trott's dig was "as bad an innings I have ever seen from an England No3".

Got to love the internet, can dig up anything. Here is the exchange

I just hope Captain Cook leads his team like the way he did this test for the rest of the series. If he does it will be 5 zip to the Aussies. Some of his tactics I thought was quiet strange.

Cook is just a frontman,if u look at it he is a hopeless captain,who is told what to do by Anderson ,broad and prior..

Last summer his captaincy skills,when in trouble was give the ball to anderson,when Anderson has a bad game so does cook...

Warne got picked at for slagging him off as a captain,in my opinion he was spot on..

A useless captain..

The radio commentators remarked on the amount of empty seats during the Brisbane Test  match

I expect there won't be too many empty seats during the next Test match.

Cook is just a frontman,if u look at it he is a hopeless captain,who is told what to do by Anderson ,broad and prior..

Last summer his captaincy skills,when in trouble was give the ball to anderson,when Anderson has a bad game so does cook...

Warne got picked at for slagging him off as a captain,in my opinion he was spot on..

A useless captain..

Think it is too early too state that, a captain is as good as his team and certainly as good as his major players, he did win the series in India coming from behind, he is certainly defensive minded but too early to call him useless.

................................................................................................................

Not really surprising.

I always though Australia were a bit unlucky over here with the DRS ruining the series.

It was classic England of old...pack of cards batting again.

To be honest they were shockingly bad.

Hope they can put it behind them and do better next test.

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

A useless captain..[/quot

I'd have to disagree with you here 100% - Cook is a good leader who won a tough series in India and is still learning. If we lose this series 5-0 then some constructive criticism is warranted but it's early days and let's see how the team react.

Who would you suggest replaces him?

A useless captain..

Rightly or wrongly every cricket team at this level is captained by commitee , too much is at stake to do otherwise .  Look how many players want to get involved when a decision to DRS or not is needed .   It's the nature of the game .  

Anderson is Englands senior bowler and has a lot of clout within the team , and it would be a foolish fielding captain who didn't take advice from his keeper .    Haddin is continually chuntering away to his best pal Clarke .

Mikeyboy

5555.. Hope it choke on you..

Um, don't think it's intended for consumption by us.

PMSL....

I hope Mitch Johnson keeps the Dennis Lillee mo'. It's given him super powers!

post-54428-0-55998100-1385349313.jpg

Sledging now seems to be  excepted as part of the game

. Personnally think a bit of banter is ok but somewhere a long the line it has been taken to another level.

Clarke rightly fined, some of the language is just abusive, not banter any more, crossed a line. 

Warner batted really well but seems to let himself down when he opens his mouth, Just needs to letis bat do the talking. He behaves like a thug 

Looking forward to Adelaide, Australia bowled really well in Brisbane, plenty of pace and bounce, hope the England batsmen can respond. Still think Cooke, Bell,,Root are ok Trott and Prior may need a rest

Sledging now seems to be  excepted as part of the game

. Personnally think a bit of banter is ok but somewhere a long the line it has been taken to another level.

Clarke rightly fined, some of the language is just abusive, not banter any more, crossed a line. 

Warner batted really well but seems to let himself down when he opens his mouth, Just needs to letis bat do the talking. He behaves like a thug 

Looking forward to Adelaide, Australia bowled really well in Brisbane, plenty of pace and bounce, hope the England batsmen can respond. Still think Cooke, Bell,,Root are ok Trott and Prior may need a rest

Agree with you , sledging is/has always been a part of the game , but there are degrees . 

Clarke's comments were just plain nasty , not as if he was the one who was going to do the "breaking" anyway , and rightly fined . 

Heat of the battle some might say and he probably regretted it as soon as he said it , but captains have a responsibility , and this  " battle " was already won .

Jonathan Trott is on his way back to England with a stress related condition . Clearly something was wrong .   

I'm Guessing either Root or Bell will bat 3 with Ballance or Bairstow coming into the middle order .

Lucky the second test is still 10 days away ,

England need to regroup .   Bet there won't be a spare seat at Adelaide . 

Mikeyboy

Agree with you , sledging is/has always been a part of the game , but there are degrees . 

Clarke's comments were just plain nasty , not as if he was the one who was going to do the "breaking" anyway , and rightly fined . 

Heat of the battle some might say and he probably regretted it as soon as he said it , but captains have a responsibility , and this  " battle " was already won .

Jonathan Trott is on his way back to England with a stress related condition . Clearly something was wrong .   

I'm Guessing either Root or Bell will bat 3 with Ballance or Bairstow coming into the middle order .

Mikeyboy

Clarke's outburst was ridiculous and deserved a fine.

But if Trott is homeward bound, I'm sorry but that just shows that Warner and others (including Michael Vaughan) were right and that he's not up to it. Its called "test" cricket for a reason.

Jonathon Trott on the way home back to the UK  (stress related)

Wont be returning.

Reported tonight on the news

Mikeyboy

clark   get ready for a broken arm, this is going to bite him back in the ass , 

clark   get ready for a broken arm, this is going to bite him back in the ass ,

Should he watch out for short leg?

An outrageous fine on Clarke, only applied because it was heard on tv.

Great to see banter between the 2 teams, but we aren't supposed to hear that - it belongs on the bloody field, not in our living rooms!

As for the Adelaide test, I can see England coming back with a win.

Of course I thought the Poms would win Brisbane...

Cracking summer of cricket thus far!

Great to see banter between the 2 teams, but we aren't supposed to hear that - it belongs on the bloody field, not in our living rooms!

The traditionally friendly to mediocre batsmen Adelaide pitch will suit them, but they are in disarray and we have our tails up. And Trott had gone home in tears.

I imagine Boof has some ideas about how to win in Adelaide.

The WACA will be a killing ground. And the "G" on Boxing Day will be on full roar.

Warnie already predicts a series win. I am beginning to think he's right.

Always enjoy the encounters between England and Australia, no matter what the sport. Prefer it when we win of course, but I've said this before - never met an Aussie I didn't get on with. Maybe I've been lucky.

I don't think the banter was that bad and it pales in comparison with what goes on in other sports anyway. Pretty good natured I think.

Hope we can perk things up for the next test.

On a different note, heard on the radio yesterday that yoghurt has been banned in Australia. Apparently it's got too much culture.

Well played the Aussies.

This is what happens when cameras and microphones are everywhere .  They had no option but to fine Michael Clarke .

England can't play as badly again i would say , but there were zero positives to come out of Brisbane .

Long way to go in this series and things can change quickly .

Mikeyboy

This is what happens when cameras and microphones are everywhere .  They had no option but to fine Michael Clarke .

England can't play as badly again i would say , but there were zero positives to come out of Brisbane .

Long way to go in this series and things can change quickly .

Mikeyboy

The main positive was that Broad can handle the abuse and has shown the Australian public that he is not scared.

Archived