IGNORED

Ashes - let the battle commence

mousemat

Well here we are again with the return leg of the 2013 back to back Ashes battles.

Can England achieve the almost impossible and win successive series down under?

This series will see the elimination of hotspot as the Aussies believe that until its 100% accurate it should not be used.

I am really looking forward to the battle between Broad and the crowd as he will public enemy number 1 – personally I feel that he has a strong character and the abuse will drive him to success.

The fixtures are:

1st Test  - Thu Nov 21 - Mon Nov 25. Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane
2nd Test  - Thu Dec 5 - Mon Dec 9. Adelaide Oval
3rd Test  -  Fri Dec 13 - Tue Dec 17. Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth
4th Test  - Thu Dec 26 - Mon Dec 30. Melbourne Cricket Ground
5th Test  - Fri Jan 3 - Tue Jan 7. Sydney Cricket Ground

If any BM wants to donate £10k for a trip to Australia then please feel free as I’ve love to witness another Ashes tour down under.

My prediction is a 2-2 drawn series.

On a separate note I wanted to congratulate Tendaulkar on achieving true legendary status for an unbelievable career.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its 3 years , but almost seems like yesterday England were winning 3 tests in Australia by an innings .

Can't think that either side will dominate this series , but i take England to come out on top through Anderson and Swann , the main difference between the sides .

The Australians will fight like heck , but lack that bit of quality when it really matters , exactly like England did for years .  

2-1 or 3-1 England in close games .    Hope the 3 rd umpire doesn't have too much of a say in how the matches go

Mikeyboy

Cant wait... I think the Australians will have their revenge this time.. Surely hope not.. 

Yps a humdinger & roller coaster on the cards, don't know about the inside story of the Ozzie dressing room with the Watson/Clarke/Warner spat, watch out for Bailey, could be a surprise package this summer err winter. Clued in.

................................................................................................................

A good  place to watch The Ashes in Pattaya is Witherspoons on Soi Buakhao

A good mix of Aussies and Brits create a great match atmosphere  

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

Cant see us winning.

I will be in Patts for the Boxing day test at

the Melbourne Cricket Ground, always a cracker

of a day.

Hope Bailey and Warner get a game

and

the English know when to walk

Get your money on the draw this test. There has been thunderstorms nearly twice a day for the last week in South- East QLD. Today is the only day no storms. Storms and rain predicted for 3 days of the test. I got caught in a hail storm on sat on the Sunshine Coast. Hail the size of golf balls. I reckon there will be more of the same. Been weird weather here recently. It's a pity because Aust go well at the Gabba.

A good  place to watch The Ashes in Pattaya is Witherspoons on Soi Buakhao

A good mix of Aussies and Brits create a great match atmosphere  

They have a special breakfast deal on for the cricket, cannot remember the exact deal but it was a massive breakfast, two cups tea/coffee and a beer/soft drink for a reasonably low price. Will check it out tomorrow and get back. 

7AM Start Thai time

Good to see Broad getting an early wicket and show the friendly Australian crowd that he is up for the challenge.

He has taken at least three more. Can't remember the exact score but Australia were 4 wickets down for about 80 runs.

Latest score 100 for 5

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Oz 110 - 5 after winning the toss and in heaps of trouble . 

Everybodys favourite wanker Stuart Broad with 4 wickets , should keep the crowd quiet for at least the rest of today .

Mikeyboy

Broad is on fire... Superb...

England drifted out to $6.20 on BF whilst Oz were 1 for about 70 odd

I come to Thailand for the beaches.....How about you ???

Australia finished day one  273 - 8 .

Oz very thankful after a 132 run partnership for 7th wicket between Brad Haddin 78* and Mitchell Johnson 64  dug them out of a hole .

England bowled well enough on a really flat pitch , but some of the top order Aussie batsmen played some poor shots .

Good start to the series .

Mikeyboy

Don't worry. captain Cook will make the game so fucking slow that the Aussies can hang on. Disgrace to the game.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Don't worry. captain Cook will make the game so fucking slow that the Aussies can hang on. Disgrace to the game.

90 overs were bowled today in 6 hrs 20 mins , just about on par with every other test playing nation , excluding the west indies who are desperate .  

Might well end up a draw with bad weather possible and a really flat pitch .

Mikeyboy

A fantastic first day for England - lets hope we can kill the tail quickly and score a few runs before lunch.

It was reported in the Courier Mail that an Aussie was arrested for smuggling a pig into the stadium by using a pram - strange!

BZkXKlKCIAAxxF7.jpg

I would like all cricket fans know that we are showing the Ashes at Secrets. Our opening hours don't really coincide with live play, but we will be showing the highlights of the day on our screens every hour from about 8 PM. 

Hope to see you all soon at Secrets .

Phil 

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

Like watching paint dry.  Please tell me you prefer a week at the cricket vs a week in Pattaya.

Good start by England to collect the final two wickets.

The Aussies are yet to trouble our openers so I am hoping for a good score when I wake up in about 6 hours

Great ball by Harris gets the English Capt  for 13 runs

England 32-1

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

Good start by England to collect the final two wickets.

The Aussies are yet to trouble our openers so I am hoping for a good score when I wake up in about 6 hours

You spoke too soon 1/28

Archived