IGNORED

Ashes - let the battle commence

mousemat

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

82 - 3   Ryan Harris with 2 wickets and England know this will be a tough series .

Mikeyboy

5/87. How do you spell c-o-l-l-a-p-s-e?

87 - 6 and Australia love cricket again .

8 for 91 now...Mitchell on fire...fine weather in Brisbane...massive massive just about to hit Sydney CBD!!! Baton down the hatches England and Sydney the storm is ready to hit!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

8 for 91 now...Mitchell on fire...fine weather in Brisbane...massive massive just about to hit Sydney CBD!!! Baton down the hatches England and Sydney the storm is ready to hit!

Aww shit. I was going to knock off early. I suppose I could just prop in the pub next door.

What a fucking session that was!

Abysmal batting by England,and genuine nasty hostile fast bowling from Johnson ...

England lost 6 wickets for 9 runs in 50 minutes!!!

Nothing wrong with the pitch...

I was slagging off the Aussie score yesterday !!!

Ashes cricket you gotta love it!!!

Looks like the gloves are off now in this Ashes series in what could shape up as 'Bodyline #3'

:Clap8:

Did you lot see KP get burned?

Supporter held out one of those mini bats for him to sign and when he reached out to do it the supporter pulled the bat back and give him the old "aaaaaaaaaahhhhh",the whole stand pissed themselves!!!

The look on his face he must've felt an inch tall!

Even Strauss was pissing himself in the commentary box!!

I wonder why....

Don't like KP ,he was instrumental in making one of England's most successful captains in the last 50 odd years retire,by undermining him.

Any way last few overs,and it's defo an Aussie day..

Did you lot see KP get burned?

Supporter held out one of those mini bats for him to sign and when he reached out to do it the supporter pulled the bat back and give him the old "aaaaaaaaaahhhhh",the whole stand pissed themselves!!!

The look on his face he must've felt an inch tall!

Even Strauss was pissing himself in the commentary box!!

I wonder why....

Don't like KP ,he was instrumental in making one of England's most successful captains in the last 50 odd years retire,by undermining him.

Any way last few overs,and it's defo an Aussie day..

Yep was so funny. Here's a video of it.

http://instagram.com/p/hAbhNBKVSd/

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Like watching paint dry.  Please tell me you prefer a week at the cricket vs a week in Pattaya.

I like to combine the two ,    I thought you Aussies were a sporting nation .

Mikeyboy

England are in for a tough ride in the series.  Hopefully it was just a blip last night/

Good start by England to collect the final two wickets.

The Aussies are yet to trouble our openers so I am hoping for a good score when I wake up in about 6 hours

How did that turn out for you?

Aussies taking 6 wickets for 9 runs in one of the worst batting collapses in ashes history. Come on Aussies.

Aussies taking 6 wickets for 9 runs in one of the worst batting collapses in ashes history. Come on Aussies.

We saw plenty of aussie implosion last july/august 

Can happen to any side at any time if the bowlers click , the key is to make sure it doesn't happen too often !  

Nothing in this wicket to make for such sorry batting all round     Haddin , Warner and Johnson excluded , 

No lateral movement , just a bit of bounce which is good for the game .

I think this series is going to be a lot closer than the previous two .  

Mikeyboy

Can happen to any side at any time if the bowlers click , the key is to make sure it doesn't happen too often !  

Nothing in this wicket to make for such sorry batting all round     Haddin , Warner and Johnson excluded , 

I think this series is going to be a lot closer than the previous two .  

Mikeyboy

It's a funny old game, cricket. This one is hardly "in the bag" for us.

(Yes, there's nothing wrong with the pitch. Chappelli said you often see this at the beginning of an Australian series - in the first test (always Brisbane) the bowlers are on the ascendant and you get low totals, until the batsmen get used to the conditions, then things take off - batting wise - in subsequent tests. He's probably right. He basically is the best cricket mind in the world).

Can happen to any side at any time if the bowlers click , the key is to make sure it doesn't happen too often !

Nothing in this wicket to make for such sorry batting all round Haddin , Warner and Johnson excluded ,

I think this series is going to be a lot closer than the previous two .

Mikeyboy

I'm sure the Aussie top order will have a couple more dramatic collapses. I think Johnsons pace was key this innings, bowling around the high 140s consistently, but what the poms lack in extra pace, they make up for it with arguably better talent and consistent line and length.

Shaping up to be an entertaining series.

Interestingly the draw is still paying $6 with 2 days of storms forecast over the weekend.

I'm sure the Aussie top order will have a couple more dramatic collapses. I think Johnsons pace was key this innings, bowling around the high 140s consistently, but what the poms lack in extra pace, they make up for it with arguably better talent and consistent line and length.

Interestingly the draw is still paying $6 with 2 days of storms forecast over the weekend.

Hmm, $6.20 for the draw and $16.75 for the England win on Tom Waterhouse.

Anyone fancy a Day 3 collapse and a big chase by the Poms on Day 4 and 5? At $16.75? Hmmm.

Hmm, $6.20 for the draw and $16.75 for the England win on Tom Waterhouse.

Anyone fancy a Day 3 collapse and a big chase by the Poms on Day 4 and 5? At $16.75? Hmmm.

555 a little bit tempting but I need to keep $ in my account for a big day of races in Perth tomorrow.

Totally agree mothy

Genuine fast bowling shook England up,something that's been missin from test cricket for years...

Last time England faced anything like that it was from dale steyn and South Africa won that series...

The weather, as some people on here have been saying could play a major part,although Aussies are still favourite...

Don't you just love test cricket?

Everything changes day by day...

Well at least in Pattaya you can go and drown your sorry cricket sorrows in beer or silky smooth thai girl......and keep one eye on the wicket. That's a wicked wicket indeed.  I shall therefore make a point of watching the boxing day test between her legs with oyster sauce....pass the mayo.

Not good - can't argue with the score as your boys finally took us to the cleaners.

Doubt I'll stay up all night watching us bowl.

The barmy army were unusually quiet yesterday....

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Archived