Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ashes - let the battle commence

mousemat

240 odd was never going to enough.

It's amazing how one day cricket has changed.

250 used to be a really good score on any ground.

In this day and age with shorter boundaries, power plays, fielding restrictions, wides etc. 250 is now a mediocre score.

It's now, more than ever before, a batsman's game, and to me, doesn't seem all that fair to the bowlers.

And that's why test cricket still rules, and is still the best true "test" of a cricket team's abilities.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk of Cook standing down as ODI captain - maybe Morgan should wear the armband as he is our best ODI player. This could be the first of a series of changes within the playing and management structure over the next few months.

At least our women's team is doing well in the ashes - time to jump on the bandwagon and enjoy the glory

Morgan looks confident at least. Cook looks likes he just wants to go home. Has KP gone home? They need to get a bit of shit in them. Bopara has a go and Collins seems decent bowler. I thought Bairstowe would play too.

Finally we win a game of cricket - all is good in the world

MBEs all round and a parade on a London bus, then?

Nice to end the summer of Ashes cricket with an Aussie win - 3 months ago I certainly didn't see a 5-0 and 4-1 result for the Test and ODI series. Amazing stuff, the Poms certainly need to get their act together.

The Aussies meanwhile, have a huge ask in South Africa next month - can't see them winning... 

At last our misery is over................. no its not, i`ve just remembered its the slogathon series next.

At last our misery is over................. no its not, i`ve just remembered its the slogathon series next.

Yeah but who cares about that.....I wont even watch it.

Me also ,        mickey mouse 20/20 and odi's to a degree don"t matter a toss .

Englands home test series this summer is all they should be concentrating on .  

Its India , and they are usually piss poor in England .

MBEs all round and a parade on a London bus, then?

Nice one    :GoldenSmile1:

Mikeyboy

Now our head coach leaves - it's going to be a long and difficult home season against SL and India as we start to rebuild.

I felt that he should have stayed but he refused to confirm if he would remain in charge during the Ashes so I am not surprised.

Think I may take a day off work next week and chuck rotten fruit at the team as the exit the arrival hall at Heathrow

Think I may take a day off work next week and chuck rotten fruit at the team as the exit the arrival hall at Heathrow

Your lads just got smashed again in the final T20. They are flying out of sydney in 7 hours so get your rotten fruit ready!

Durian?

................................................................................................................

• 1 month later...

So the truth about Trott is finally coming out - not suffering mental illness, just "weak" like Davey Warner said.

So the truth about Trott is finally coming out - not suffering mental illness, just "weak" like Davey Warner said.

Quite right

And he should apologise to warner as should our uk press...

They hammered warner for his statement,saying he was trivialising and mocking mental illness...

And all it was...he was a little bit tired...oh diddums!

England cricketers play zero county cricket,first class everywhere they go all expenses paid,partners flown out so they don't get lonely and get paid a hefty whack...

Come and do my job for a couple of months and see what burnout is all about Trott you mug!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite right And he should apologise to warner as should our uk press... They hammered warner for his statement,saying he was trivialising and mocking mental illness... And all it was...he was a little bit tired...oh diddums! England cricketers play zero county cricket,first class everywhere they go all expenses paid,partners flown out so they don't get lonely and get paid a hefty whack... Come and do my job for a couple of months and see what burnout is all about Trott you mug! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you , Mr Slag. The story as it has worked out is he was out of form and he didn't want to face Mitch Johnson. End of. I give you a guarantee -  he may play for England again, but he will never play against Australia. How could he?

Archived