Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Business Wanted

pattayaman2001

You will always get negative comments and sure they are always worth listening to but if you listen too much you would never do anything here in LOS, I was as determined as you seem to be 8 yrs ago and it has worked out ok so go for it.

I Love Chinese grub, sod the diet.

THANK YOU.

I fully expect negative comments I've been a Pattaya ex-pat, wore the t-shirt then moved back to the UK years ago.

I've watched businesses in Pattaya come and go. And you're right what you say if you listen to every negative thing you wont do nothing in LOS.

We have always wanted to do this and now's the time. I TRULY believe in what she can do, her meals are outstanding. The only people I would put her up against are the Chinese that taught her how to cook these sauces and the Secrets of delivering quality food time after time.

As I said it was going to be setting up in the UK or Pattaya... Pattaya won.

We will give it our best shot. I am confident that once tasted, the customer WILL be back.

We had a trial run in Pattaya 2 years ago, the local ex-pats that turned up that night said it was the best they had tasted, there was nothing like it in Pattaya.

We decided on that occasion to make it a long holiday. This time we are out to have a go at it.

Cheers... thanks for your post and good luck and continued success with your business.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds good.

there is a real market opportunity in Pattaya for a western-style Chinese restaurant.

yes, the China Garden did try that concept (western-style Chinese food) and it was pretty good at the beginning, but less impressive since their original chef quit.

also, I had been missing several dishes on their menu, from crispy duck over thick chicken/egg soup to cantonese rice, just to name a few examples.

one big drawback of china garden is that it's located in cheap charlie central, i.e. near soi buakhow, in soi lengkee, without a real baht bus route nearby.

Pattayaman, to be successful you will need a prime location on the main baht bus route, i.e. on second road or on beach road. It won't be cheap.

Maybe the Avenue Mall can be a good starting point, even though the units avalable there aren't directly on second road. But with adequate promotion, the location is very convenient, and is probably cheap, because the Avenue has problems to fill its units, that problem has been ongoing for years (because some genius thought it's a great idea to build an open-air mall... NOT). Have a look.

Good luck!

Certainly worth a look. Thanks.

Good call

sounds good.

there is a real market opportunity in Pattaya for a western-style Chinese restaurant.

yes, the China Garden did try that concept (western-style Chinese food) and it was pretty good at the beginning, but less impressive since their original chef quit.

also, I had been missing several dishes on their menu, from crispy duck over thick chicken/egg soup to cantonese rice, just to name a few examples.

one big drawback of china garden is that it's located in cheap charlie central, i.e. near soi buakhow, in soi lengkee, without a real baht bus route nearby.

Pattayaman, to be successful you will need a prime location on the main baht bus route, i.e. on second road or on beach road. It won't be cheap.

Maybe the Avenue Mall can be a good starting point, even though the units avalable there aren't directly on second road. But with adequate promotion, the location is very convenient, and is probably cheap, because the Avenue has problems to fill its units, that problem has been ongoing for years (because some genius thought it's a great idea to build an open-air mall... NOT). Have a look........Good call man arak the avenue would be a good spot for this kind of joint...

Good call

sounds good.

Maybe the Avenue Mall can be a good starting point, even though the units avalable there aren't directly on second road. But with adequate promotion, the location is very convenient, and is probably cheap, because the Avenue has problems to fill its units, that problem has been ongoing for years (because some genius thought it's a great idea to build an open-air mall... NOT). Have a look........Good call man arak the avenue would be a good spot for this kind of joint...

Yes. We are in talks with a restaurant bar owner just off beach road near Walking Street. But just talks at the moment.

Our aim is to buy/lease a business. We are going to start up a bar/restaurant.

I take it you saw the French joint advertised for sale on here. Only been a month so might still be available.

I take it you saw the French joint advertised for sale on here. Only been a month so might still be available.

No I never seen that but thanks.

Like the pussy - all businesses  are probably for sale.  However, this is not a time to buy into Thailand.  Currency instability,  property bubbles on the horizon, the death of a very important person, possible civil war and in Pattaya especially: 'the end of an era scenario.'  If you speak Russian or Arabic and have good connection in the Indian community...........maybe you have a chance.  You might as well dump your money into the sea.

Take note of what this man says, he is spot on, iv been here 13yrs beleave me its all been tryed befor you wont survive

Agree with a lot of mpm comments apart from cheap charlie central as there are many nice hotels in this area as well as very busy and as for not on the baht bus route it is on soi Baukhao going in both directions about 50 yards away.

Also mentioning the locations such as second road and beach road would put the price too high to start with and would not draw the guys the food caters for.

Example the Tikka centeron soi Baukhao, ok quite plain and small but the best Indian food in Pattaya for a very reasonable price.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Take note of what this man says, he is spot on, iv been here 13yrs beleave me its all been tryed befor you wont survive

To be quite honest I don't care. The most important thing is we try. And I'll enjoy my time however long it is in a sunny hot Country amongst people that I know already and new friends and acquaintances along the way.

It's not a 'do or die' I've got property bought paid for and rented in the UK. Eggs not in one basket.

Looking forward to getting it off the ground though.

Agree with a lot of mpm comments apart from cheap charlie central as there are many nice Hotels in this area as well as very busy and as for not on the baht bus route it is on soi Baukhao going in both directions about 50 yards away.

Also mentioning the locations such as second road and beach road would put the price too high to start with and would not draw the guys the food caters for.

Example the Tikka centeron soi Baukhao, ok quite plain and small but the best Indian food in Pattaya for a very reasonable price.

Yes, I like that place.

I know how hard it will be, I'm no fool. Like I said in my previous post, eggs not in one basket and looking forward to however long it lasts whether it be a year, two or longer.

good luck to you I believe there is room for quality chinese if priced reasonably.  why don't you consider Jomtien/Prat Hill area.  A lot of construction and I mean a lot.

Another thing in favor of the avenue is the car park.

good luck to you I believe there is room for quality chinese if priced reasonably.  why don't you consider Jomtien/Prat Hill area.  A lot of construction and I mean a lot.

I used to live in Jomtien and moved out when the Russians moved in.

It's difficult to know about Jomtien, it's changed so much and it's a bit 'out of the way' but I'm ruling nothing out.

Depends what % of custom we can generate sit in or take away.

We will of course be selling beer, having sports on tv etc. We plan to have happy hours on booze running all day to try and get them in to eat the food.

To be quite honest I don't care. The most important thing is we try. And I'll enjoy my time however long it is in a sunny hot Country amongst people that I know already and new friends and acquaintances along the way.

It's not a 'do or die' I've got property bought paid for and rented in the UK. Eggs not in one basket.

Looking forward to getting it off the ground though.

Good for you mate, I wish you all the luck, but I don't think you'll need it.

Agree with a lot of mpm comments apart from cheap charlie central as there are many nice Hotels in this area as well as very busy and as for not on the baht bus route it is on soi Baukhao going in both directions about 50 yards away.

these were my comments, there was a problem with mpm's quote.

I tortured my brain for 5 minutes, but I can't remember any 4 star hotel in soi buakhow.

And "best indian food in Pattaya for a very reasonable price" just proves my point about the high price-sensitivity of that area.

Anyway, the main point was about accessibility, and soi lengkee, while easy to get to for expats and experienced visitors is still a little out of the way and not directly on a bus route. Also, availability of parking can be a problem in the area, I often have to park on third road.

I used to live in Jomtien and moved out when the Russians moved in.

It's difficult to know about Jomtien, it's changed so much and it's a bit 'out of the way' but I'm ruling nothing out.

Depends what % of custom we can generate sit in or take away.

We will of course be selling beer, having sports on tv etc. We plan to have happy hours on booze running all day to try and get them in to eat the food.

not a bad plan. I feel cheated when the food is cheap but the booze is 100 or 120 baht a small bottle. 3 small beers and 360 baht, WTF?

not a bad plan. I feel cheated when the food is cheap but the booze is 100 or 120 baht a small bottle. 3 small beers and 360 baht, WTF?

That wont be the case with us.

A beer's a beer. We know the wholesalers prices he have the latest lists. Our beers will be typically 50-60 baht the ones on happy hours and the brands will be rotated. The food of course will be priced accordingly. There's a lot of quality ingredients needed to make Chinese food. 

There will be a Thai and British menu as well. I'm looking forward to seeing peoples faces and hearing their reactions when they try our fish and chips amongst others. She can do UK chippy chips and the same batters you get in UK fish and chip shops. The Western menu wont be large but will have some nice touches to it.

We want bums on seats and will encourage people to stay at our place. If it's busy with sports on there will be free starters, curries and snacks.

We also plan on doing nice wines and cocktails, shakes and the like.

Customers are hard to come by, we want to look after ours.

That wont be the case with us.

A beer's a beer. We know the wholesalers prices he have the latest lists. Our beers will be typically 50-60 baht. The food of course will be priced accordingly. There's a lot of quality ingredients needed to make Chinese food. 

We want bums on seats and will encourage people to stay at our place. If it's busy with sports on there will be free starters, curries and snacks.

We also plan on doing nice wines and cocktails, shakes and the like.

Customers are hard to come by, we want to look after ours.

I will be your first customer :)

you must have a fantastic multi-language web site.  photos of food and a embedded google map showing your location. tourist cannot find things easily in Thailand.   

you must have a twitter account and send tweets two three times a day about your food.

send tweets in English, Chinese and Russian. 

Facebook account. trip adviser. lonely planet.

location location location

make sure you have enough cash to maintain your cash flow during slow times.

Feng Shui

the Chinese are coming by the boat loads so if you cater to them real Chinese food you are good.

Is your wife Thai? are you going to have Thai partners?

good luck on living your dream.

the Chinese are coming by the boat loads so if you cater to them real Chinese food you are good.

avoid real Chinese food. Chinese tourists do not have free choice of restaurant venues anyway.

you must have a fantastic multi-language web site.  photos of food and a embedded google map showing your location. tourist cannot find things easily in Thailand.   

you must have a twitter account and send tweets two three times a day about your food.

send tweets in English, Chinese and Russian. 

Facebook account. trip adviser. lonely planet.

location location location

make sure you have enough cash to maintain your cash flow during slow times.

are you family friendly?

Feng Shui

Is your wife Thai? are you going to have Thai partners?

good luck on living your dream.

Thanks for that.

Well I'm not sure about the Chinese. She cooks Western style Chinese food although it does resemble some of the dishes available in China and I've lived and worked in China in the 90s so I know this at least. A question mark about Chinese buying this food. Certainly a menu in Russian and maybe another European language.

Yes we will do the twitter and Facebook and get a website made up. 

Yes she's Thai, has Thai/UK Nationality, only a Scotsman can understand her she speaks broad Glaswegian and cooks Chinese food.

...Yeah... I'm mixed up too!

these were my comments, there was a problem with mpm's quote.

I tortured my brain for 5 minutes, but I can't remember any 4 star hotel in soi buakhow.

And "best indian food in Pattaya for a very reasonable price" just proves my point about the high price-sensitivity of that area.

Anyway, the main point was about accessibility, and soi lengkee, while easy to get to for expats and experienced visitors is still a little out of the way and not directly on a bus route. Also, availability of parking can be a problem in the area, I often have to park on third road.

Its easier parking than 2nd road or beach road and only a very short walk to the baht bus route as I mentioned before.

One problem I have when I go for an expensive meal is that 25% or more of my bill is often going on the expensive advertisements they have.

Same as when you see these massive billboards advertising condo's / houses etc, it costs them 100's of thousands on advertising, who is paying for it, not the company  

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Its easier parking than 2nd road or beach road and only a very short walk to the baht bus route as I mentioned before.

One problem I have when I go for an expensive meal is that 25% or more of my bill is often going on the expensive advertisements they have.

Same as when you see these massive billboards advertising condo's / houses etc, it costs them 100's of thousands on advertising, who is paying for it, not the company  

Not necessarily. if advertizing is done well, the money spent for advertizing is more than offset by additional revenue and volume due to advertizing, which in turn keeps the prices low.

In case of a restaurant, this means a restaurant running at 80% capacity with advertizing might offer cheaper meals than a restaurant running at 50% with much less advertizing.

You will always get negative comments and sure they are always worth listening to but if you listen too much you would never do anything here in LOS, I was as determined as you seem to be 8 yrs ago and it has worked out ok so go for it.

I Love Chinese grub, sod the diet.

Yep

Ignore the nay nayers

If you do not give it a go you may regret it later in life

It it fails so what at least you tryed

Many ex pats make an ok /good living from guest houses/restaurants in patts

Archived