IGNORED

Business Wanted

pattayaman2001

Hi,

We're coming to Pattaya the 2nd week of November.

Our aim is to buy/lease a business. We are going to start up a bar/restaurant.

At the moment we're in the UK and going through 'talks' over a couple of businesses.

Do any of you know a business for sale. Even an empty unit in a good location would be considered.

Cheers...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont do it

Just out of curiosity why do you say that?

Yes sure, I know or I think I know. I understand the risks of running a business in Pattaya.

It's happening though, we have our plan together.

I was chatting with Peter from the growling swan http://www.thegrowlingswan.com/ a while back who was selling at that point, see the website and has a lot of potential, there is a double shophouse, nice bar with kitchen, good rooms above, also his old bar accross the road in the package could be utilised or moved on, also has rooms above.

Not 100% sure if he is still selling but worth an email.  

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I was chatting with Peter from the growling swan http://www.thegrowlingswan.com/ a while back who was selling at that point, see the website and has a lot of potential, there is a double shophouse, nice bar with kitchen, good rooms above, also his old bar accross the road in the package could be utilised or moved on, also has rooms above.

Not 100% sure if he is still selling but worth an email.  

Thank you very much. That's the helpful kind of posts I'm looking for.

Decent Central location for our food deliveries as well.

Billabong is for sale lk metro for. 10 million baht

Yes I know about that. Out of my price range. Good bar though, one of the busiest in that area.

We're basically looking for a single unit, even a new build that we can fit out and rent or take over an existing lease etc.

Must have a kitchen or an area to build a kitchen. We've been looking at Central Pattaya but a bit hot and cold about the darkside! Maybe, maybe not.

We have what I believe is a unique product so maybe a central location isn't needed as we can offer a delivery service. The Central location was more to service existing bars that don't do food and supply catering for their party nights etc.

"Our aim is to buy/lease a business. We are going to start up a bar/restaurant."

Just have a drive around Pattaya and Jomtien and take a look at how 'busy' all the bars are, step back and have a re-think! Everyone that has a bar for sale came here with 'a plan'.

If you do decide to open a bar, please post on here twelve months after opening and let us know how it is doing!

If you are thinking of catering to clubs and bars for party nights it would be hard to compete with the guy that does the pig on a spit, but you could with all the dishes that go with that as the foods I have seen are not all that appealing, you would have to have a bit of cooking expertise and I think if you focused on quality and taste at a reasonable price you could be on a winner, but you're going to have something to offer that puts you above the rest that are already doing this.

Good luck with your venture. 

Yes I know about that. Out of my price range. Good bar though, one of the busiest in that area.

We're basically looking for a single unit, even a new build that we can fit out and rent or take over an existing lease etc.

Must have a kitchen or an area to build a kitchen. We've been looking at Central Pattaya but a bit hot and cold about the darkside! Maybe, maybe not.

We have what I believe is a unique product so maybe a central location isn't needed as we can offer a delivery service. The Central location was more to service existing bars that don't do food and supply catering for their party nights etc.

That's a shame cause you pick it up for only 9.5 mill this week!

Greg

There should be plenty of failed businesses available. Why do you want to do this when the odds are against you?

If you are thinking of catering to clubs and bars for party nights it would be hard to compete with the guy that does the pig on a spit, but you could with all the dishes that go with that as the foods I have seen are not all that appealing, you would have to have a bit of cooking expertise and I think if you focused on quality and taste at a reasonable price you could be on a winner, but you're going to have something to offer that puts you above the rest that are already doing this.

Good luck with your venture. 

Thank you.

We're not doing pigs on spits.

My Wife is a Cantonese chef, trained by Chinese chefs and has worked at some of the top restaurants in Glasgow. A Thai that can cook authentic Western style Chinese/Cantonese food. We were going to buy a restaurant here but decided to make the move to Pattaya.

We will be providing top Western class Chinese food in the form of sit in and take away. Also providing buffet party nights for other bars.

Included in these buffets will be the likes of Chinese ribs in pe-king sauce. Spring rolls, beef and chicken curries. Kung-po's, sweet n sour hong kong style, roast duck in chilli honey sauce. Soups, spicey chinese chicken wings etc...

There fill be around eight meals and 2 starters in our buffets. That's just a sample our menu has been completed with over 70+ Cantonese/Chinese meals on it. Basically, the customer will be able to choose any 8 meals and two starters from the catering menu for their party. Vegetarians catered for as well.

We also will do a European and Thai menu.

That's the plan. We will have an opening night running FREE food all night to give people the chance to try this. We are going to raise the bar on quality and taste to new levels to what is currently available in Pattaya.

Cheers...

That's a shame cause you pick it up for only 9.5 mill this week!

Greg

A bargain mate!!

Too much for me Greg but if I were going to buy any business in the Metro and had the cash yours would be the one.

There should be plenty of failed businesses available. Why do you want to do this when the odds are against you?

I like long odds.

Like the pussy - all businesses  are probably for sale.  However, this is not a time to buy into Thailand.  Currency instability,  property bubbles on the horizon, the death of a very important person, possible civil war and in Pattaya especially: 'the end of an era scenario.'  If you speak Russian or Arabic and have good connection in the Indian community...........maybe you have a chance.  You might as well dump your money into the sea.

Like the pussy - all businesses  are probably for sale.  However, this is not a time to buy into Thailand.  Currency instability,  property bubbles on the horizon, the death of a very important person, possible civil war and in Pattaya especially: 'the end of an era scenario.'  If you speak Russian or Arabic and have good connection in the Indian community...........maybe you have a chance.  You might as well dump your money into the sea.

Good idea... Thanks. :Bye5:

But besides that - it's all good?

But besides that - it's all good?

I'm on a winner then if he's right. It's better than I expected :ThumbUp6:

Glad you have a plan

I presume you have eaten at the China Garden since that is exactly the food that they do menu is online.

Of course you have taken into account all the costs involved in setting up a business including sourcing the ingredients, not cheap these days

As to food delivery that is already set up Waiters on Wheels company might be worth a look in though I believe that they already have the CG so might not want 2 Chinese restaurants

Venue wise it may well be that you could rent space in a guesthouse/Bar which would be glad of the income. The English Rose springs to mind not that I am aware the the owner is interested or not. Its in Soi Chaipoon near the Chow Sou or whatever the name is another chinese restaurant. But might be a good synergy if the owner doesn't want the hassle of getting the bar bit off the ground.

As to raising the bar well good luck I have eaten at the CG and its damm tasty grub. The remarks regarding Indians russians etc were maybe not so tasteful but well meant as what they were trying to say is that the makeup of visitors to Pattaya is changing. Ironically more chinese visitors which should be good for you but there visa conditions mean they cant separate from the group. Of course you might be able to do a deal with the tour guides.

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

Glad you have a plan

I presume you have eaten at the China Garden since that is exactly the food that they do menu is online.

Of course you have taken into account all the costs involved in setting up a business including sourcing the ingredients, not cheap these days

As to food delivery that is already set up Waiters on Wheels company might be worth a look in though I believe that they already have the CG so might not want 2 Chinese restaurants

Venue wise it may well be that you could rent space in a guesthouse/Bar which would be glad of the income. The English Rose springs to mind not that I am aware the the owner is interested or not. Its in Soi Chaipoon near the Chow Sou or whatever the name is another chinese restaurant. But might be a good synergy if the owner doesn't want the hassle of getting the bar bit off the ground.

As to raising the bar well good luck I have eaten at the CG and its damm tasty grub. The remarks regarding Indians russians etc were maybe not so tasteful but well meant as what they were trying to say is that the makeup of visitors to Pattaya is changing. Ironically more chinese visitors which should be good for you but there visa conditions mean they cant separate from the group. Of course you might be able to do a deal with the tour guides.

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for that. Some good advice. Trust me we WILL be raising the bar. Any other places in Pattaya doing what we plan to do bear no resemblence to the quality and taste we can offer.

We've had our 'trial run' and that I am confident about.

Of course Pattaya is changing and it is difficult. I do appreciate that. 

Life's a gamble and this is one I am willing to take.

We will probably do our own delivery's. I've been advised that WOW is a bad service?

You will always get negative comments and sure they are always worth listening to but if you listen too much you would never do anything here in LOS, I was as determined as you seem to be 8 yrs ago and it has worked out ok so go for it.

I Love Chinese grub, sod the diet.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Thank you.

We're not doing pigs on spits.

My Wife is a Cantonese chef, trained by Chinese chefs and has worked at some of the top restaurants in Glasgow. A Thai that can cook authentic Western style Chinese/Cantonese food. We were going to buy a restaurant here but decided to make the move to Pattaya.

We will be providing top Western class Chinese food in the form of sit in and take away. Also providing buffet party nights for other bars.

Included in these buffets will be the likes of Chinese ribs in pe-king sauce. Spring rolls, beef and chicken curries. Kung-po's, sweet n sour hong kong style, roast duck in chilli honey sauce. Soups, spicey chinese chicken wings etc...

There fill be around eight meals and 2 starters in our buffets. That's just a sample our menu has been completed with over 70+ Cantonese/Chinese meals on it. Basically, the customer will be able to choose any 8 meals and two starters from the catering menu for their party. Vegetarians catered for as well.

We also will do a European and Thai menu.

That's the plan. We will have an opening night running FREE food all night to give people the chance to try this. We are going to raise the bar on quality and taste to new levels to what is currently available in Pattaya.

Cheers...

sounds good.

there is a real market opportunity in Pattaya for a western-style Chinese restaurant.

yes, the China Garden did try that concept (western-style Chinese food) and it was pretty good at the beginning, but less impressive since their original chef quit.

also, I had been missing several dishes on their menu, from crispy duck over thick chicken/egg soup to cantonese rice, just to name a few examples.

one big drawback of china garden is that it's located in cheap charlie central, i.e. near soi buakhow, in soi lengkee, without a real baht bus route nearby.

Pattayaman, to be successful you will need a prime location on the main baht bus route, i.e. on second road or on beach road. It won't be cheap.

Maybe the Avenue Mall can be a good starting point, even though the units avalable there aren't directly on second road. But with adequate promotion, the location is very convenient, and is probably cheap, because the Avenue has problems to fill its units, that problem has been ongoing for years (because some genius thought it's a great idea to build an open-air mall... NOT). Have a look.

Good luck!

Have a look at Canton House - something like that with a smaller menu  outside of Central would be brilliant

Dim Sum at lunchtimes would be a great idea

I love my food but would never eat Chinese food for lunch it is too heavy - so be careful not to alienate yourself

Also make sure its not like UK Chinese food where EVERYTHING is fried

Besides that GOOD LUCK!!

Archived