IGNORED

Business Wanted

pattayaman2001

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh mate, please change your forum picture, it's scary!

That was the best passport photo I could find.

Hi,

We're coming to Pattaya the 2nd week of November.

Our aim is to buy/lease a business. We are going to start up a bar/restaurant.

At the moment we're in the UK and going through 'talks' over a couple of businesses.

Do any of you know a business for sale. Even an empty unit in a good location would be considered.

Cheers...

Dont do it

Just out of curiosity why do you say that?

Yes sure, I know or I think I know. I understand the risks of running a business in Pattaya.

It's happening though, we have our plan together.

I was chatting with Peter from the growling swan http://www.thegrowlingswan.com/ a while back who was selling at that point, see the website and has a lot of potential, there is a double shophouse, nice bar with kitchen, good rooms above, also his old bar accross the road in the package could be utilised or moved on, also has rooms above.

Not 100% sure if he is still selling but worth an email.  

Billabong is for sale lk metro for. 10 million baht

To answer with a question: Why do you think so many businesses are for sale in Pattaya ?

To answer with a question: Why do you think so many businesses are for sale in Pattaya ?

Hi, I understand why there are so many businesses for sale in Pattaya.. they are losing money.

I'm in talks currently with quite a well established Pattaya bar/restaurant through the help of friends in Pattaya and their accounts for the last three years is abysmal. Now whether these accounts are 100% accurate I don't know but they show losses and very poor profits some Months and this place has regular custom.

I'm under no illusions how hard it's going to be.

Where I live in the UK is no different. My High Street is a Ghost Town. Closed down shops everywhere, businesses struggling. Certain businesses do OK though, and these are the ones that provide quality Indian and Chinese food.

Now whether this WILL be the case in Pattaya the ONLY way we will EVER know is to try it and I like to gamble and take chances. Like I've said if we lose we lose. If it lasts one year or ten it wont matter - at least we've been there and done it and it's time to move on again. 

Just the thought of getting out of this place for a period of time is a good enough excuse to have a go...

Cheers..

Thank you.

We're not doing pigs on spits.

My Wife is a Cantonese chef, trained by Chinese chefs and has worked at some of the top restaurants in Glasgow. A Thai that can cook authentic Western style Chinese/Cantonese food. We were going to buy a restaurant here but decided to make the move to Pattaya.

We will be providing top Western class Chinese food in the form of sit in and take away. Also providing buffet party nights for other bars.

Included in these buffets will be the likes of Chinese ribs in pe-king sauce. Spring rolls, beef and chicken curries. Kung-po's, sweet n sour hong kong style, roast duck in chilli honey sauce. Soups, spicey chinese chicken wings etc...

There fill be around eight meals and 2 starters in our buffets. That's just a sample our menu has been completed with over 70+ Cantonese/Chinese meals on it. Basically, the customer will be able to choose any 8 meals and two starters from the catering menu for their party. Vegetarians catered for as well.

We also will do a European and Thai menu.

That's the plan. We will have an opening night running FREE food all night to give people the chance to try this. We are going to raise the bar on quality and taste to new levels to what is currently available in Pattaya.

Cheers...

I have seen several times that China Garden on Soi Lengkee was looking for a qualified chef at a competitive salary: perhaps an idea for the missus.

sounds good.

there is a real market opportunity in Pattaya for a western-style Chinese restaurant.

yes, the China Garden did try that concept (western-style Chinese food) and it was pretty good at the beginning, but less impressive since their original chef quit.

also, I had been missing several dishes on their menu, from crispy duck over thick chicken/egg soup to cantonese rice, just to name a few examples.

one big drawback of china garden is that it's located in cheap charlie central, i.e. near soi buakhow, in soi lengkee, without a real baht bus route nearby.

Pattayaman, to be successful you will need a prime location on the main baht bus route, i.e. on second road or on beach road. It won't be cheap.

Maybe the Avenue Mall can be a good starting point, even though the units avalable there aren't directly on second road. But with adequate promotion, the location is very convenient, and is probably cheap, because the Avenue has problems to fill its units, that problem has been ongoing for years (because some genius thought it's a great idea to build an open-air mall... NOT). Have a look.

Good luck!

As to China Garden I have to agree that they have gone downhill as to size of portions and as to quality as well.

We do not go there anymore.

As to bahtbuses, they are on Soi Buakhaow at less than 100 metres from China Garden.

As to The Avenue Mall, it is nearly deserted.

I have seen several times that China Garden on Soi Lengkee was looking for a qualified chef at a competitive salary: perhaps an idea for the missus.

Yes I do know this and was the case a long time ago. I don't personally know the owner of China Garden but of course wish them all the best.

She wants her own place she's confident of her product and I'm confident this quality of Western Chinese food has never been available in Thailand. We had a 'trial run' a couple of years ago launching a free food night in a popular Pattaya bar. We did Starters and main meals. Around 50-60 ex-pats turned up who use the existing Chinese restaurants and they said there's nothing comes close to this in Pattaya.      

We decided on that occasion to make our trip a great holiday and go back Home satisfied that our trial had been a success. That was then, now is now. This time if we get the right place we are staying.  

If we lose we lose but we want to try. I can't guarantee we will succeed but what WILL GUARANTEE to all our future customers is when you order something either to sit in or take out you will get a quality large portion Chinese meal, EXACTLY the same as you get in the UK with taste and presentation second to none.

Hi, I understand why there are so many businesses for sale in Pattaya.. they are losing money.

I'm in talks currently with quite a well established Pattaya bar/restaurant through the help of friends in Pattaya and their accounts for the last three years is abysmal. Now whether these accounts are 100% accurate I don't know but they show losses and very poor profits some Months and this place has regular custom.

I'm under no illusions how hard it's going to be.

Where I live in the UK is no different. My High Street is a Ghost Town. Closed down shops everywhere, businesses struggling. Certain businesses do OK though, and these are the ones that provide quality Indian and Chinese food.

Now whether this WILL be the case in Pattaya the ONLY way we will EVER know is to try it and I like to gamble and take chances. Like I've said if we lose we lose. If it lasts one year or ten it wont matter - at least we've been there and done it and it's time to move on again. 

Just the thought of getting out of this place for a period of time is a good enough excuse to have a go...

Cheers..

Yes I do know this and was the case a long time ago. I don't personally know the owner of China Garden but of course wish them all the best.

She wants her own place she's confident of her product and I'm confident this quality of Western Chinese food has never been available in Thailand. We had a 'trial run' a couple of years ago launching a free food night in a popular Pattaya bar. We did Starters and main meals. Around 50-60 ex-pats turned up who use the existing Chinese restaurants and they said there's nothing comes close to this in Pattaya.      

We decided on that occasion to make our trip a great holiday and go back Home satisfied that our trial had been a success. That was then, now is now. This time if we get the right place we are staying.  

If we lose we lose but we want to try. I can't guarantee we will succeed but what WILL GUARANTEE to all our future customers is when you order something either to sit in or take out you will get a quality large portion Chinese meal, EXACTLY the same as you get in the UK with taste and presentation second to none.

I can only wish you and your missus a lot of courage and a lot of good luck; you will need it.

I can only wish you and your missus a lot of courage and a lot of good luck; you will need it.

Of course we will and thanks...

This is part of the menu that will be available if and when we set up. Cross fingers.. There will be a full Thai and some Western food, snacks too. The Cantonese menu will be extended but we will take requests to be added.

===============================================================

Starters and soups

1. Chicken and mushroom soup

2. Chicken noodle soup

3. Chicken and sweetcorn soup

4. Hot and Sour soup

5. BBQ Chinese spare ribs in Peking sauce

6. Sesame prawn on toast

7. Spring rolls

Main courses  Curry dishes

8 Chicken curry

9..Beef curry

10. Chicken & beef curry

11. Char sui curry (roast pork)

12. Breast of chicken curry

13. King prawn curry

14. Roast duck curry

15. Mixed meat special curry

16. Vegetable curry

Sweet and sour Cantonese style (Meat deep fried in batter with vegetables)

17. Sweet and sour chicken

18. Sweet and sour pork

19. Sweet and sour King prawn

20 Sweet and sour special (mixed meat)

Kung Pao Dishes

21. Kung Pao Chicken with cashew nut

22. Kung Pao beef with cashew nut

23. Kung Pao roast pork with cashew nut

24. Kung Pao roast duck with cashew nut

25. Kung Pao King prawn with cashew nut.

Black Pepper sauce dishes

26. Beef in black pepper sauce

27. Chicken in black pepper sauce

28. Sirloin steak in black pepper sauce

29. King prawn in black pepper sauce

Honey Chilli sauce dishes

30. Honey chilli chicken

31. Crispy shredded chicken in honey chilli sauce

32. Crispy shredded beef in honey chilli sauce

33. Crispy shredded pork in honey chilli sauce

34. Deep fried King prawn in honey chilli sauce

35. Roast duck in honey chilli sauce

Black bean sauce dishes

36. Beef and green pepper in black bean sauce

37. Chicken and green pepper in black bean sauce

38. King prawn and green pepper in black bean sauce

39. Chicken with Chinese mushroom in black been sauce

40. Roast pork in black bean sauce

Szechuan dishes

41. Chicken Szechuan

42. Beef Szechuan

43. Roast pork Szechuan

44. Roast duck Szechuan

45. King prawn Szechuan

46. Mixed vegetable Szechuan

Satay dishes (Meat on skewers)

47. Chicken satay

48. Beef satay

49. King prawn satay

50. Mixed satay

Orange sauce dishes

51. Chicken in batter with orange sauce

52. Roast duck in orange sauce

53. Roast pork in orange sauce

54. King prawn in orange sauce

Lemon sauce dishes

55. Chicken in batter with lemon sauce

56. Roast duck in lemon sauce

57. Roast pork in lemon sauce

58. King prawn in lemon sauce

Peking Dishes

59. Beef in Peking sauce

60. Shredded duck in Peking sauce

61. King Prawn in Peking sauce

Fried rice dishes

62. Chicken fried rice

63. Beef fried rice

64. King prawn fried rice

65. Roast pork fried rice

66.Special fried rice (Prawn pork chicken and beef)

67. Roast duck fried rice

Chow Mein (soft noodles)

68. Chicken chow mein

69. Beef chow mein

70. Roast pork chow mein

71. King prawn chow mein

72. Special (mixed meat)

73. Roast duck chow mein

European dishes

74. Roast breast of chicken in gravy with mushrooms

75. British Fish and chips (battered fish with hand cut chips)

76. Chicken and chips

Side orders

77. Chips

78. Chips and curry sauce (large portion)

79 Boiled rice

80. Fried rice

81. Egg fried rice

82. Prawn crackers

Have a look at this business on bahtsold, its not running as a restaurant yet but easily adapted.

Location is very good , especially for deliveries, rent is good price also

http://www.asiasold.com/view/suprise-high-season-deal-text-call-or-email-147833?doqs=1

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

Have a look at this business on bahtsold, its not running as a restaurant yet but easily adapted.

http://www.asiasold.com/view/suprise-high-season-deal-text-call-or-email-147833?doqs=1

Thanks. Yes I have looked at that.

Only 4 and a bit weeks to go then we can look in real life.

Hope they give me the visa I need. Was a bit pissed off at the Thai consulate today.

Thanks. Yes I have looked at that.

Only 4 and a bit weeks to go then we can look in real life.

Hope they give me the visa I need. Was a bit pissed off at the Thai consulate today.

If you only get the single entry O  you can do the 1 year extension based on marriage before it ends at Jomtien. 

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

you havent made many friends with your comments on your threads http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/user/128322-pattayaman2001/

I've started six threads

1. Hi new to the forum. (saying hello)

2. How do you portly Gents and ex-pats cope with Pattaya (taking a poke at MYSELF and asking a serious question about      shaping up for the crazy pattaya scene)

3. Business Wanted (looking to buy a business, advice ideas)

4. Pattaya addicts (praising this forum)

5. Promotion (asking the hierarchy structure)

6. Multi O information (New info straight from the Thai consulate today)

The thread you refer to is the second one I believe. If you read it I've already admitted it was clumsily worded and the title changed. I have however made acquaintances even from that thread. Now I've not got a crystal ball I don't know who on here is sensitive about their weight, height, lack of hair, body odor.

The thread was aimed at ME to give myself a kick up the arse to get in shape for Pattaya

The wording was wrong but the question very valid as a LOT of people go through fitness or a change of routine before going to Pattaya.

I've probably met half the people on this forum that are using different usernames on others and I have made friends with one person through pm and hope to meet the Engineer from Jomtien that's lived there five years. I've been told he's a good guy and we've made our peace.

What time is it in Pattaya right now?

well regardless of whether you have made many friends or not , i for one wish both yourself and your wife the best in your new venture and if you do succeed in establishing yourselves i hope to visit your restaurant next time im there . (end February )

regards

guiness 

:hello09:  :hello09:  :hello09:

Of course we will and thanks...

This is part of the menu that will be available if and when we set up. Cross fingers.. There will be a full Thai and some Western food, snacks too. The Cantonese menu will be extended but we will take requests to be added.

===============================================================

Starters and soups

1. Chicken and mushroom soup

2. Chicken noodle soup

3. Chicken and sweetcorn soup

4. Hot and Sour soup

5. BBQ Chinese spare ribs in Peking sauce

6. Sesame prawn on toast

7. Spring rolls

Main courses  Curry dishes

8 Chicken curry

9..Beef curry

10. Chicken & beef curry

11. Char su curry (roast pork)

12. Breast of chicken curry

13. King prawn curry

14. Roast duck curry

15. Mixed meat special curry

16. Vegetable curry

Sweet and sour Cantonese style (Meat deep fried in batter with vegetables)

17. Sweet and sour chicken

18. Sweet and sour pork

19. Sweet and sour King prawn

20 Sweet and sour special (mixed meat)

Kung Pao Dishes

21. Kung Pao Chicken with cashew nut

22. Kung Pao beef with cashew nut

23. Kung Pao roast pork with cashew nut

24. Kung Pao roast duck with cashew nut

25. Kung Pao King prawn with cashew nut.

Black Pepper sauce dishes

26. Beef in black pepper sauce

27. Chicken in black pepper sauce

28. Sirlion steak in black pepper sauce

29. King prawn in black pepper sauce

Honey Chilli sauce dishes

30. Honey chilli chicken

31. Crispy shredded chicken in honey chilli sauce

32. Crispy shredded beef in honey chilli sauce

33. Crispy shredded pork in honey chilli sauce

34. Deep fried King prawn in honey chilli sauce

35. Roast duck in honey chilli sauce

Black bean sauce dishes

36. Beef and green pepper in black bean sauce

37. Chicken and green pepper in black bean sauce

38. King prawn and green pepper in black bean sauce

39. Chicken with Chinese mushroom in black been sauce

40. Roast pork in black bean sauce

Szechuan dishes

41. Chicken szechuan

42. Beef szechuan

43. Roast pork szechuan

44. Roast duck szechuan

45. King prawn szechuan

46. Mixed vegetable szechuan

Satay dishes (Meat on skewars)

47. Chicken satay

48. Beef satay

49. King prawn satay

50. Mixed satay

Orange sauce dishes

51. Chicken in batter with orange sauce

52. Roast duck in orange sauce

53. Roast pork in orange sauce

54. King prawn in orange sauce

Lemon sauce dishes

55. Chicken in batter with lemon sauce

56. Roast duck in lemon sauce

57. Roast pork in lemon sauce

58. King prawn in lemon sauce

Pe-King Dishes

59. Beef in Pe-King sauce

60. Shredded duck in Pe-King sauce

61. King Prawn in Pe-King sauce

Fried rice dishes

62. Chicken fried rice

63. Beef fried rice

64. King prawn fried rice

65. Roast pork fried rice

66.Special fried rice (Prawn pork chicken and beef)

67. Roast duck fried rice

Chow Mein (soft noodles)

68. Chicken chow mein

69. Beef chow mein

70. Roast pork chow mein

71. King prawn chow mein

72. Special (mixed meat)

73. Roast duck chow mein

European dishes

74. Roast breast of chicken in gravy with mushrooms

75. British Fish and chips (battered fish with hand cut chips)

76. Chicken and chips

Side orders

77. Chips

78. Chips and curry sauce (large portion)

79 Boiled rice

80. Fried rice

81. Egg fried rice

82. Prawn crackers

Let us know if and when you start.

We would like to have a go at it.

Do you have desserts too ?

At my age I normally only need a soup and a main dish, but last time at China Garden even after a dessert (pineapple fritters) I was not yet “im”.

BTW it is “skewers”, not “skewars”; “sirloin”, not “sirlion”; “bean”, not “been” and “Peking” is one word, not “Pe King”.

Just saying.

“Suprise” (sic): Income Monthly: 86000; Profit Monthly: 80000; 300,000 BAHT or Best Offer ?!

Let us know if and when you start.

We would like to have a go at it.

Do you have desserts too ?

At my age I normally only need a soup and a main dish, but last time at China Garden even after a dessert (pineapple fritters) I was not yet “im”.

BTW it is “skewers”, not “skewars”; “sirloin”, not “sirlion”; “bean”, not “been” and “Peking” is one word, not “Pe King”.

Just saying.

There will be banana fritters in syrup, ice cream and probably a selection of cakes.

The menu isn't finished yet, there will be meals added to it and we will be doing Lunchtime 2 or 3 course specials.

Thanks for the spelling check I typed it up quickly. The menus will be in English, Russian, Thai and possibly German. That's the current idea but of course getting there is our first step then securing  premises.  

If ALL goes to plan and we get what we are looking for we will have an 'official' opening night where the food will be FREE ALL NIGHT to board members. There will be a good selection of starters and main meals and a desert to give everybody a taste of what they can expect.    

“Suprise” (sic): Income Monthly: 86000; Profit Monthly: 80000; 300,000 BAHT or Best Offer ?!

That seems to good to be true or a typo?

Ann’s Angels, the first bar on the Dark Side is for sale.
It is on Soi Khao Talo about 200 metres from Sukhumvit Road, between Soi 2 and Soi 4.
It has been refurbished one year ago and has two bedrooms upstairs, which could be suited for private use too.
The location looks like a good base of operations for a delivery business.
http://www.anns-angels.com/sale.html

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

Ann’s Angels, the first bar on the Dark Side is for sale.

It is on Soi Khao Talo about 200 metres from Sukhumvit Road, between Soi 2 and Soi 4.

It has been refurbished one year ago and has two bedrooms upstairs, which could be suited for private use too.

The location looks like a good base of operations for a delivery business.

http://www.anns-angels.com/sale.html

Yes I seen that one. I really don't know about the Darkside, it's been years since my friend lived there I don't know the potential of any business there! I've been advised that it's a very bad bet to consider anything there by some. And others have argued strongly in favour of that area.

Strictly ex-pats and no bahtbus route. Is the Darkside worth considering, should it be on my radar? 

Yes I seen that one. I really don't know about the Darkside, it's been years since my friend lived there I don't know the potential of any business there! I've been advised that it's a very bad bet to consider anything there by some. And others have argued strongly in favour of that area.

Strictly ex-pats and no bahtbus route. Is the Darkside worth considering, should it be on my radar? 

There is no bahtbus route on Soi Khao Talo, but there is one on Soi Nern Plab Wahn and of course also one on Sukhumvit Road, not that I ever have used them.

Anyhow, this location is only 200 metres off Sukhumvit Road and an easy point of departure to reach any part of Pattaya, which is a pro for a delivery business.

BTW I am not the owner of Ann’s Angels or related to him.

I think the owner is Swedish and I often hear of Swedes who cannot keep up with Pattaya (or Thailand for that reason) and decide to go back to Sweden (with their Thai missus).

As to the Dark Side, AFAIK there are no decent restaurants here; only some girlie bars.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

I wouldn't consider that location if planning a restaurant. too inconvenient, tourists are rare there, and the area's patrons are... err... price-sensitive

Archived