IGNORED

2013-14 Uefa Champions League thread

Mick Pattaya

PSG, Barca, Bayern, Athletico Madrid, 4 teams that have already made it through to QFs. Some heavy duty clashes expected in the next round with Real, Dortmund & Chelsea expected to go through, will have to wait & see if Man Utd  can overturn the 2-0 deficit.

No hope for United I guess, if they let in a goal , they have to win 4-1 to get through is too much of a task.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man Utd did well tonight and deserved to go through to the next round.  I must admit that I didnt expect them to win 3 nil because of there recent league form but fair do to them they went out and got the result

Delighted for Moyes after all the critics he get from every directions in football world, Van Persie injury looks bad when carried off the field by the stretcher . hopefully he will recover quickly, I hate to see any professionals/amateurs getting their leg broken or damaged.

i think utd were very lucky last night to qualify not impressed with there defence,can,t see them beating any other team whats left in the last 8.

Good result for utd, rode their luck at times but its all about getting through, was surprised to hear that they are the rank outsiders according to the bookies, tomorrows draw should be interesting now that its an open draw, going to be some cracking ties its going to be difficult for both English sides, drawing each other would at least give us a semi-finalist.

Sky sports news flash !

Lancashire cricket club have offered to lend man utd the scoreboard for the bayern Munich game ! :-)

Bayern Munich facing United can expect a easy task to get into the semi final, with the expense of Van Persie absence with a injury that will last for 4-6 weeks. Looks like Rooney return to a lone forward position. With Robben and Ribery on the attack on both wing, don't think United defence will be able to handle the attack from the club that never lose 50 match since. But will be a good experience for Moyes for his biggest European night.

Regards to the Manu Supporters !

What a great draw to play in legendary Old Trafford.

Still remember the unforgetten years between 1999 - 2001....

May the better one (Bayern Munich) win.... :ThumbUp6:

Regards to the Manu Supporters !

What a great draw to play in legendary Old Trafford.

Still remember the unforgetten years between 1999 - 2001....

May the better one (Bayern Munich) win.... :ThumbUp6:

I was rooting for them against Arsenal and City, they are top team at the moment. Real Madrid or B Munich will be the winners of the champion League .

I was rooting for them against Arsenal and City, they are top team at the moment. Real Madrid or B Munich will be the winners of the champion League .

I hope, Bayern will do it.

But this year the quarter final line-up is so good, that every team probably can do it. I think the daily condition will decide.

• 2 weeks later...

What exciting prospects tonight, feast of football :)  Man Utd to be tested to the hilt by this rampaging Bayern side, a real test of heart. The second one is too close to call, Athletico really pushing the envelope this time around, Barca certainly can't take things for granted.

Roll on the games:

Barca (home) Vs Athletico Madrid

Man Utd(home) vs Bayern Munich

................................................................................................................

Yesterday with both away teams scoring a away goal, things get spiced up even more in a few minutes from now.

Real Madrid(home) vs Borussia Dortmund

PSG(home) vs Chelsea

................................................................................................................

Chelsea have a two goal deficit to wipe out, the one away goal that they scored in Paris could be crucial. Real should have it easy vs Dortmund, already three goals up from 1st leg.

Looking forward to tonight match at Stamford Bridge but not looking forward tomorrow night match at Munich . 555

I've had a flutter that both English sides get through ( £10 wins £204 ) , just hope Chelsea don't let me down ... ;) 555

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

I've had a flutter that both English sides get through ( £10 wins £204 ) , just hope Chelsea don't let me down ... ;) 555

Best of luck , I will be rooting em on to win for you .

Was thinking of you , what a unbelievable result for Chelsea . One more to go tomorrow night.

I would have been more bothered with the other team in your bet ,not Chelsea

United lost 3-1 to Bayern Munich , they will be out of the champion League next year , it will be United first time not to appear in champion League for over 20 years. Bayern Munich deserved to semi final spot after two legs performance . Athletic Madrid got a win against mighty Barcelona 1-0 to go through with Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Chelsea.

Had 22 seconds of joy before they equalised , gutted ... :(

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

It would be real fun if Real draw Chelsea for semi-finals, Mourinho & Ancelloti going back to their former clubs & plotting their downfall.

Yeah, yeah get it  :Hair_Out1:   :Cuss4: 

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea got the result they wanted athletic Madrid 0-0, a boring display from Chelsea, but they go home happier than Athletic Madrid.

Archived