IGNORED

2013-14 Uefa Champions League thread

Mick Pattaya

Don't see a champions league specific thread in the sports section, so thought of starting one, after all its the best club competition in the world & currently rivals the charisma & popularity of the football world cup. All the best players from Europe, Lat Am, Africa playing in this competition and adding to its brand value.

This season it started with a real bang with Real pumping in 5, Manutd scoring 4 & the defending champs Bayern Munich getting off to a very good start under Pep. Exciting season ahead for sure. Tipping Real to go all the way this year with PSG being the dark horse.

Let the football magic roll on.

................................................................................................................

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whatch Napoli and Dortmund tonight 2 good teams,this is a really hard group arsenal will do well to qualify.

Good idea for a thread :)

Apart from the usual suspects my dark horse is Napoli - Rafa's record in Europe is fantastic and he has the knowledge to out smart some of the big managers. I predict them to at least reach the 1/4 finals.

In addition to the recent talent moving to the big spending French teams it could be a tough season for Madrid, Man Utd etc as their competitive advantage is dwindling. This could lead to PSG or Monaco reaching the final in the next 3 years.

Whats happening with Tohtnem Hotspurts ?

Real Madrid with the signing of Carlo Ancelotti as manager gonna be my favourite team to lift the Cup.

PSG and Juventus my dark horses

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal were at their sublime best yesterday, Napoli just wasn't into the game, maybe the loss of Higuain dented their psyche.

Athletico going great guns in both La Liga & UCL, some of the bigger teams would like to avoid them in the next round.

Bayern vs Man city today, Man U vs Shakhtar, Moyes would like to get the confidence going again.

................................................................................................................

Never saw that thread... Good Thinking. United No chance, Chelsea  Half a chance, City No chance, Arsenal Good chance .

arsenal  look good depends on keeping the squad fit.a striker get injured could be there problem only bentner to come in,never world class

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Rooney out of the side tonight due to illness?   on the same day sir Fergie comes out on the radio and says he (Rooney) did ask to get away in the summer.

Something brewing i think

Stevie

i think rooney will go depends on the price,

i think rooney will go depends on the price,

Why don't you take part in the Nags Head thread mate ?  See you in there every week,  it's just a bit of fun.  Have a pick,  you never know.

Stevie

Last Night United came home with a point , happier than City who lost at home to very impressive Bayern Munich. They looks very strong and looks a cert to win again this season Champion League.

Why don't you take part in the Nags Head thread mate ?  See you in there every week,  it's just a bit of fun.  Have a pick,  you never know.

never lucky with the horses,in pattaya saturday will see you for a beer if your arround,there for 6 months ,give us a shout,good luck with this weeks tips,cheers

• 3 weeks later...

some cracking games tonight,tough one for arsenal and celtic,chelsea need to win at schalke,might have a bet on porto to beat zenit.

Arsenal Vs Borussia Dortmunt will be a some game. And Celtic and Ajax too. I like tthe look of AC Milan vs Barcelona, def a great match. But i have to decide which to watch.. I may have to switch over in every 5-10 minutes. Hate that.

Arsenal Vs Borussia Dortmunt will be a some game. And Celtic and Ajax too. I like tthe look of AC Milan vs Barcelona, def a great match. But i have to decide which to watch.. I may have to switch over in every 5-10 minutes. Hate that.

Certainly the match to watch is arsenal vs Borussia, Milan vs Barca might turn out to be a one sided affair, in nearly all their recent matches Barca has prevailed. Ditto on the switching thing, hate it.

Great win for Borussia Dortmund beating Arsenal 2-1 at Emirates Stadium. The referee is a multi millionaire, He does not need the match fee,  He loves to officiate the match.

city should win tonight,think utd won,t have it easy sociedad had a good away win against Valencia at the weekend.having a bet on Leverkusen tonight,lost on porto last noght but had a few quid on Dortmund at 15 to 8.

city should win tonight,think utd won,t have it easy sociedad had a good away win against Valencia at the weekend.having a bet on Leverkusen tonight,lost on porto last noght but had a few quid on Dortmund at 15 to 8.

Nice price on Dortmund... You are right about Sociedad..  Like all the spaniard clubs,they are difficult to play against. 

Sociedad is a grenn horn in UCL, Man U should batter & bruise them, they owe it to their fans, Real vs Juventus the Marquee game of the night, galacticos vs team ethic, have a keen eye on PSG, they could really knock down a few favs this year.

Watching Real Madrid v Juventus,   a Italian player sprints in to the Madrid box,  tries a shot stubs his toe on the grass and take a massive dive, almost a somersault and starts screaming at the ref for a penalty when there was no cnut near him.   Cheating bastard !  If i was the ref i would have red carded him,   not even a booking.  the most ridiculous attempt at conning a ref you will ever see.   You have to see this on tv   lol  

Stevie

United having me a heart attacks many times tonight... lol I thought they were going to get another draw at old trafford like what Southampton did last saturday. They gotta have to improve , If they play like this tonight, they will be hammered from the big clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona.

got to agree jocky,wonder who they will try to bring in in jan.having a bet on psv tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

UCL games resume tonight with Juve taking on Real in their home turf, Man Utd squaring off against Sociedad & Man City taking on CSKA, PSG at home could do some real damage to Anderlecht. All in all some cool games to watch out this eve.

Cant wait to hear what Roy Keane said tonight about joining the Republic of Ireland management team with Martin O'Neill. Will be interesting.

Archived