IGNORED

2013-14 Uefa Champions League thread

Mick Pattaya

happy with the draw, should be a great couple of games. just under 5000 tickets we will get. flight companys are aready taking the piss, £350 return. 

Stupid money for a flight to spain, you could get a weeks package tour for that.

Be a great game, think City can take them

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stupid money for a flight to spain, you could get a weeks package tour for that.

Be a great game, think City can take them

Yeah,  Ya Toure knows all about Barcelona.. I think City could do it,

happy with the draw, should be a great couple of games. just under 5000 tickets we will get. flight companys are aready taking the piss, £350 return. 

If you are on the top tier at the New Camp then I suggest taking some binoculars or its like watching ants play football.

If you are on the top tier at the New Camp then I suggest taking some binoculars or its like watching ants play football.

ouch... Would not like that. Rather be at home watching it by the fire. 

• 2 months later...

UCL returning tonight after a long winter break, starting with a massive game tonight.

Manchester City vs Barca: cracker of a game.

Time Home   Away Stage Venue 19:45 GMT Bayer Leverkusen  v  Paris Saint-Germain Round of 16 BayArena 19:45 GMT Manchester City  v  Barcelona Round of 16 Etihad Stadium

................................................................................................................

Flight companies are taking the piss but they know that football fans will pay because it will be a great experiance supporting there team at a great stadium.

I am not a city fan but I hope they will do well tonight

Barcelona have 75% of the possession of the first half. Looks likely Barcelona will have a easy second leg win, I hope I am right !!! Lol.

I know many fans/pundits cream themselves about them but I find Barca very hard to watch. Pass, pass, pass fucking pass!

A huge mountain to climb for city to overturn the 2-0 deflict at Nou Camp , I thought City did well to hold a 1-0 deflict with ten men until Barcelona damaged their hope to progress with a final minute goal.

Flight companies are taking the piss but they know that football fans will pay because it will be a great experiance supporting there team at a great stadium.

I am not a city fan but I hope they will do well tonight

booked my flight a few weeks ago, depart liverpool return manchester, think i paid about 260 in the end, now to try and get my hands on  a ticket, 

Tonight's matches

Time Home   Away Stage Venue

19:45 GMT

AC Milan  v  Atletico Madrid Round of 16

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

Arsenal  v  Bayern Munich Round of 16 Emirates Stadium

................................................................................................................

Exactly the same story and result as city for arsenal, will also be difficult to win at Bayern Munich ground in the second leg. Robben was too hot to handle fir Arsenal defence with his beautiful football. Signs looking good for United or Chelsea , very very rare to see all english clubs goes out in the same rounds.

Utd taking on Olympiacos in Greece tonight, Borussia already rummaging through Zenit & virtually securing a place in the QFs.

Not looking good for united with 2-0 away defeat to Greek side, but not that bad as City and Arsenal, United will have to play better than tonight performance, I thought Welbeck changed the match when he came on for Valencia. And Kagwna for Cleverly . To score nothing away will be difficult for United in three weeks time. How ironically the three English clubs is losing by the same score, 2-0.

Not looking good for united with 2-0 away defeat to Greek side, but not that bad as City and Arsenal, United will have to play better than tonight performance, I thought Welbeck changed the match when he came on for Valencia. And Kagwna for Cleverly . To score nothing away will be difficult for United in three weeks time. How ironically the three English clubs is losing by the same score, 2-0.

Think you are being a tad optimistic Jockey. Losing to Bayern or Barcelona is not quite the same as being beaten by Olympiakos. All due respect to Olympiakos. I know it was away but United were dire against a side who is possibly the weakest in the CL. A team that can boast that one of it's very best players is there on loan from Arsenal. 

Good point mrlek although it'd are probably the weakest team in the CL ! They won't need to worry about it next year though :-)

In a short while from now Chelsea take on Galatasaray, Mourinho & Drogba going at each other, the other game sees hot favorites Real take on Schalke 04. Would be fun to see Real vs Chelsea in the Qfs, Mourinho & Ancelloti pitted against their former employers.

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Time

Home

Away

Stage

Venue

Atletico Madrid

v 

AC Milan

Round of 16

Vicente Calderon

Bayern Munich

v 

Arsenal

Round of 16

Allianz Arena

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Time

Home

Away

Stage

Venue

Barcelona

v 

Manchester City

Round of 16

Estadio Camp Nou

Paris Saint-Germain

v 

Bayer Leverkusen

Round of 16

Parc des Princes

I have a feeling City or Arsenal will surprised their opponent to overturn the deflict. They will be looking to have an all out attack after 20 minutes or so.

Arsenal should be proud of tonight performance without four tops stars out injured/suspended , had the red card never happens in the first leg , maybe it will be a different story.

Ahh, great start to the day, knowing Arsenal got beat, ha ha

Ahh, great start to the day, knowing Arsenal got beat, ha ha

Arsenal should be proud of tonight performance without four tops stars out injured/suspended , had the red card never happens in the first leg , maybe it will be a different story.

To be honest Arsenal never stood a chance once they were 2 away goals down from 1st leg, second consecutive season they have been knocked out by Bayern, Athletico Madrid gradually coming up to the dark horse status, very tough to play against them.

To be honest Arsenal never stood a chance once they were 2 away goals down from 1st leg, second consecutive season they have been knocked out by Bayern, Athletico Madrid gradually coming up to the dark horse status, very tough to play against them.

Very impressed with Athletico Madrid performance , their goals was beautiful to see, agreed they will be the one to watch and difficult to beat.

PSG, Barca, Bayern, Athletico Madrid, 4 teams that have already made it through to QFs. Some heavy duty clashes expected in the next round with Real, Dortmund & Chelsea expected to go through, will have to wait & see if Man Utd  can overturn the 2-0 deficit.

Archived