Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Canterbury Tales Guest House - Room 1C -Review

up2u2

You've answered all my questions?

All I heard was excuses, it's all the guests fault blah blah bladdy blah.

Have you fixed the broken security door, have you asked old Trev to put a shirt on and introduce himself to guests, etc etc etc.

Get back to me when you have.

The guys a being funny. Doesn't hurt to have a laugh.

A little bumpy? In some places there is no road at all. If it isn't resealed it will end up washed into the Gulf of Thailand. Nothing to do with Dave.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've answered all my questions?

All I heard was excuses, it's all the guests fault blah blah bladdy blah.

Have you fixed the broken security door, have you asked old Trev to put a shirt on and introduce himself to guests, etc etc etc.

Get back to me when you have.

The guys a being funny. Doesn't hurt to have a laugh.

A little bumpy? In some places there is no road at all. If it isn't resealed it will end up washed into the Gulf of Thailand. Nothing to do with Dave.

I haven't fixed anything and I am not going to!

I have no affiliation to Dave or the Canterbury Tales bar being a customer.

I just get really annoyed when people won't answer simple questions and just keep adding to a fictitious list of complaints!

Trevor is a retired gentleman and is entitled to wear/not wear whatever he wants, as long as he keeps his pants on I honestly cannot see any issue with that at all. The door was not broken, it was just you kept trying to pull it open(for some reason we will never know?) whilst it was locked, even though there was clear signage telling you not to force the door! It is encouraging to know that every time you tried to force the door Trevor was quickly out and checking on who was doing it! Isn't that just great security!

The Soi is often resurfaced and it lasts until the next rainy season and then gets washed away again! I should think you already know this happens to many sois/ roads in Pattaya, but again you are just misrepresenting problems!

I am so surprised that you keep going back to Thailand as there is many issues out there that must irk you, but I guess that is the point of it as it gives you something to complain about when you get back to your normal life.

Bill

I haven't fixed anything and I am not going to!

I have no affiliation to Dave or the Canterbury Tales bar being a customer.

I just get really annoyed when people won't answer simple questions and just keep adding to a fictitious list of complaints!

Trevor is a retired gentleman and is entitled to wear/not wear whatever he wants, as long as he keeps his pants on I honestly cannot see any issue with that at all. The door was not broken, it was just you kept trying to pull it open(for some reason we will never know?) whilst it was locked, even though there was clear signage telling you not to force the door! It is encouraging to know that every time you tried to force the door Trevor was quickly out and checking on who was doing it! Isn't that just great security!

The Soi is often resurfaced and it lasts until the next rainy season and then gets washed away again! I should think you already know this happens to many sois/ roads in Pattaya, but again you are just misrepresenting problems!

I am so surprised that you keep going back to Thailand as there is many issues out there that must irk you, but I guess that is the point of it as it gives you something to complain about when you get back to your normal life.

Bill

See that's the problem. We need someone who can fix shit and make it work properly. Your as useful as gumboots on a duck. We don't need a sign or old Trev running about shirtless frightening guests and children we need the door fixed so it works properly and the building is secure.

Old Trev can sit on his lounge and have a tug for all I care but if he is going to approach guests I don't think it is too much to ask he pops on a shirt, introduces himself and apologises for the door being broken and politely asks that guests use the card as if the door was actually working. Or he could make himself useful and get Somchai to fix the bloody door. Seriously 104 years old and running around shirtless is like those guys who wear the spandex bicycle shorts with all there junk poking out, who needs that shit in their life.

Soi Chiayapoon seemed to me to be in total disrepair. Soi Buakhao, Soi LK Metro, Soi Lengkee and Soi Diana seemed okay but Soi Chaiyapoon looked terrible. Very odd. Maybe it is Dave having his car washed every five minutes causing the problem.

Nothing irked me at all. I have fantastic adventures in Thailand. Have been back three or four times since that trip and have my next trip flights all booked in. This is just very basic customer feedback on minor issues. To be honest I thought Dave would have handled these issues far better than he has.

I thought this was a thread about a room in a guesthouse not a United Nations dispute.  FFS.

Who does this remind you of Dave? 5555

Absolute classic. Faulty Towers definitely one of the funniest shows ever made.

Thanks for the clip made me laugh.

That is one of the classic episodes.

Absolute classic. Faulty Towers definitely one of the funniest shows ever made.

Thanks for the clip made me laugh.

That is one of the classic episodes.

The radio you have just replaced with the door!

It was a toss up between this one or the episode with Bernard Cribbins in it!

Bill

No the radio worked the door is broken but nice try.

She doesn't use her hearing aid because it runs the batteries flat lmao

Put Cribbons up I will remember it when I see it.

Doesn't matter how many times you see Faulty Towers it is always hilarious.

The door worked too if you had to force it open, if not you would of been gone by the time Trevor had got outside!

I took it that you wore glasses and this was why you missed the clear signage every time you entered the building, so duff ears/duff eyes are not so different!

The door worked too if you had to force it open, if not you would of been gone by the time Trevor had got outside!

I took it that you wore glasses and this was why you missed the clear signage every time you entered the building, so duff ears/duff eyes are not so different!

No the security door is faulty. Once closed the only way to gain entry to a 'Tap and Open' security latch is use the encoded card and the latch will release or get a hefty sledge hammer and destroy the door. I would say the door has been faulty for some time and of course many guests on checking they have closed the door properly find it just pops open hence the sign going up. It really is a common courtesy by everyone that they check they have closed the door properly. When the door simply pops open my first thought was I hadn't closed the door properly to ensure the bolt came across. Clean Guest House on Soi Lengkee has the same system. Man just try and budge that door, no way, you would have to drive a car through it. Lose your Card and your sleeping rough for the night. At building C you don't have to force it a young child could easily open the door with no effort at all. A simple pull with no effort it just pops open. One thing I know about thieves is they will target the weak point of a security system. Hopefully any thief will read the sign and think bugger I haven't got a security card I wont just pull it open I better move on.

Let me check out this video I remember that guy lol

Almost as good a read as the Forsyte Saga!  I must admit to personally not being content with a key card locking mechanism that apparently doesn't work.   

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

No offense Dave but you didn't look approachable when i came into your book shop to pay for my room. You came into the store when you arrive to take a look at me and you gave me that rude ass "what the hell does this guy want here" look. You then when went back to talking to your old customers/friends who were outside the book shop having their English breakfast. And that was the reason why I spoke to your staff instead of you when I had problem with the room.

Vincent Law

No the security door is faulty. Once closed the only way to gain entry to a 'Tap and Open' security latch is use the encoded card and the latch will release or get a hefty sledge hammer and destroy the door. I would say the door has been faulty for some time and of course many guests on checking they have closed the door properly find it just pops open hence the sign going up. It really is a common courtesy by everyone that they check they have closed the door properly. When the door simply pops open my first thought was I hadn't closed the door properly to ensure the bolt came across. Clean Guest House on Soi Lengkee has the same system. Man just try and budge that door, no way, you would have to drive a car through it. Lose your Card and your sleeping rough for the night. At building C you don't have to force it a young child could easily open the door with no effort at all. A simple pull with no effort it just pops open. One thing I know about thieves is they will target the weak point of a security system. Hopefully any thief will read the sign and think bugger I haven't got a security card I wont just pull it open I better move on.

Let me check out this video I remember that guy lol

So now the door didn't work at all? Not what you originally said!

The escalation of your 'story' is amazing! Have you ever thought of publishing some of your fictional writings?

Once again you do not answer why you kept forcing the door? you were both shown and told not to, but you continue to do it! When I was there in May of last year the door worked fine and I always checked it was shut properly as it is common courtesy to other guests. It always seemed strong enough to not pull open, so I am bemused as to why you would try to do it? and so many times? them whine that a man spoke to you about trying to break it open?

The truth is that for me you are a little man trying to make something out of nothing! I do not know the reason for this, and neither do I care now.

You have had all of your questions answered and I think we all know now that the changes in your story discredit you even in the eyes of an idiot.

I will put you on my ignore list after finishing this post as it is clear that you post with an agenda.

Bill

Geez and we get called whinging poms .

Have stayed in a great number of places in Patts including several of Dave"s rooms.

Have stayed in "C" and the door was fine ,but agree i would like to see a step for the balcony as i have a gammy leg .

I also thought Trevor was a bit strange until i had a chat with him , but after that i have found him an OK bloke .

Sorry up2u2 but i feel you are just making mountains out of mole hills and cannot accept someone else's opinion is valid

unless it completely echos your own .

No offense Dave but you didn't look approachable when i came into your book shop to pay for my room. You came into the store when you arrive to take a look at me and you gave me that rude ass "what the hell does this guy want here" look. You then when went back to talking to your old customers/friends who were outside the book shop having their English breakfast. And that was the reason why I spoke to your staff instead of you when I had problem with the room.

Did the staff deal with your problem? how was it handled in you opinion?

Bill

I'm a bit surprised that a fairly positive review of the room has escalated into a pissing match. 

More than a tadge confused myself; I thought the original review was fairly indepth and painted the room as one to keep at the top of your list if looking at that price range. No idea why it's turned into this?  :question1:

Did the staff deal with your problem? how was it handled in you opinion?

Bill

Bill

Do you have shares in CT?

I realised I should have said nothing by now but just wanted to explain the paypal thing and that we have 25 rooms not just one, anyway its got silly now so I am off to read so more threads.  :hello09:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Bill

No Bill has become as many have over the years a mate and will always tell me, call me if anything is a problem when he is here, we work together so I know anything that I need to know and Bill gets a comfortable stay. 

More than a tadge confused myself; I thought the original review was fairly indepth and painted the room as one to keep at the top of your list if looking at that price range. No idea why it's turned into this?  :question1:

Because he is playing a game, that is why it has gone where it has!

Bill

I am only a customer, I have only been there a couple of times but it is my place of choice for my future stays in Pattaya.

I asked the question as I honestly would of liked to of known the answer! I know that Dave and his staff will do all they can to rectify any problems you have whilst staying there, they have always fixed mine within minutes of me reporting them(some of them have been my fault too).

I started a thread a few years ago when people started to attack Devils Den unfairly and this is a thread of similar merit as those were attacking the Den. As an ex-business owner myself I hate it when people start unfounded rumors about places, there really is no need for it!

No Bill has become as many have over the years a mate and will always tell me, call me if anything is a problem when he is here, we work together so I know anything that I need to know and Bill gets a comfortable stay. 

I'm not??? :Cry3:  5555

I find it helps if I let you know of anything that is an issue during my stay, it really isn't rocket science is it!

Bill

This thread IMO has become a joke how the fuck can you guys who are mature adults keep this shit up for so long I am out of here !!!

Most of you need to get a grip on reality.

I expect this shit on pattaya Secrets but not here !!!.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

This thread IMO has become a joke how the fuck can you guys who are mature adults keep this shit up for so long I am out of here !!!

Most of you need to get a grip on reality.

I expect this shit on pattaya secrets but not here !!!.

JDM

Lol handbags at dawn

So far we have

Bill is part owner of CT

Dave got a white car and likes to carry a purple man bag.

Trevor has no shirts and scares kids all day ( while wanking ?)

Let's keep it going !

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

That's a bit like shooting yourself in the foot then complaining your foot hurts Dave.

Fuk it, thats it, Bill I cant marry you now after all this and I'm selling the car.

Archived