IGNORED

Canterbury Tales Guest House - Room 1C -Review

up2u2

NIce review, thinking about staying here (maybe not this room) for my next trip...

Curious about the 44 baht extra...

The website states that the normal charge for this room is 650 baht.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rate you were charged appears to be very cheap for what you got. The room seems underpriced IMHO.

Possibly under priced as it has an entire kitchen attached.

I checked the current price it has only gone up 50 baht to 650 baht low season (800 baht high season).

If you need a kitchen facility then it has to be the best value around. I don't need a kitchen so not good value for me personally.

He states that he paid 644 baht per night. The website states that the charge for room 1 C is 650 per night.

I missed that! lol

He also says the deposit was 50 GBP, but he only paid 34 AUD, so I take it it must of been 20GBP.

The website states that the normal charge for this room is 650 baht.

At the time when I booked it was 600 baht for the room.

I missed that! lol

He also says the deposit was 50 GBP, but he only paid 34 AUD, so I take it it must of been 20GBP.

Yes definitely made a mistake there but Dave bought it to my attention and I corrected it straight away. I didn't use 50 pound deposit in my calculation of 644 baht per night though at any point.

I missed that! lol

I didn't see anything about a deposit on the website, but you may learn about it only after you try to book.

Initially you booked room 1C then made a point of saying you would not book again because of the kitchen, you did not have to book that room, we have 25 rooms of varying standards size and newer and some older, you chose 1C and then come up with 644 baht per night, the deposit of 20GBP, as you first mistakenly said you paid 40GBP, came out about 2 baht per GBP less than the standard Pattaya cash rate so yes you lose say 40baht but I also lose the paypal commission, maybe I should calculate the 20GBP at the exchange rate in Pattaya although I dont get that so.

The step up to the balcony is really quite low and never mentioned before and I have looked at it and dont really see the need for a 3 or 4 inch step, yes the shirtless guy told me about you as he is the owner of the building as well as deals with issues, he asked you to not jerk the door and use the key card and apparently you were rude and made a point of jerking the door on subsequent entries and exits, your comments re him are a match to your attitude to him when you were here.

I have made a lot of friends and have many regulars who regularly come to me with issues, problems questions etc and anyone who knows me knows I do my utmost to deal with any issues, its why we have been running for years, did I meet you ? I dont think so, you certainly did not come and mention anything of your gripes while here, you constantly post that I say if you dont like it you can bugger off, that is not my attitude but yours.

I do offer other methods for deposits if a potential guest desires to book but Paypal has worked for me and 100's of others over the years, then you accuse me of procuring a guests personal details, what crap and I really dont know where you get that idea, the next thing you will be accusing me of blackmail as I have a persons paypal address, coming out with stuff like that you really cannot be listened to by me because obviously by now your daggers are out and nothing will stop the made up comments.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

At the time I did find the booking process a little confusing.

There were buildings all over the place and I wasn't 100% familiar with Soi Chaiyapoon then the deposit in pounds ordinarily I wouldn't have bothered but I wanted to check out Canterbury Tales and do a review.

PayPal didn't concern me I have used that many times but AUD - GBP - THB confused me.

Maybe I made a mistake somewhere but I looked back through the post and basically when I paid the 20 GBP deposit my bank account was deducted $AUD34.18 at the time I checked the exchange rate with Super Rich and it was 29.05 baht per $AUD1 so effectively I paid 992.93 baht as a deposit. Now when I checked in I was charged a further 940 baht for three nights. So 1932.93 / 3 = 644.31 per night. I am not even sure that on check in the GBP20 deposit isn't re calculated at the lower exchange rate against the baht.

It's all pretty convoluted I think. It's like booking a hotel in Sydney from Britain and paying the deposit in Swiss Francs lol

I have a headache now.

We (farang gf and I) stayed with Dave in 2011,we screwed up the deposit via Paypal, Dave sorted it out for us when we got there (was my fault not his or PayPal's) Room was value for money, no it's not the Hilton, location was good. No hassles, not his cheer squad, just relating our experience and that he sorted Doug my fuckup, making it hassle free for me. Can't remember the room, across from the bookstore and down a bit is about as good as I can remember :)

Only complaint was from our farang neighbor to my gf, saying our fucking was too loud, which seems an odd thing to complain about in Patts :-)

We stayed in Jomtien in 2012, VT 5.

Initially you booked room 1C then made a point of saying you would not book again because of the kitchen, you did not have to book that room, we have 25 rooms of varying standards size and newer and some older, you chose 1C and then come up with 644 baht per night, the deposit of 20GBP, as you first mistakenly said you paid 40GBP, came out about 2 baht per GBP less than the standard Pattaya cash rate so yes you lose say 40baht but I also lose the paypal commission, maybe I should calculate the 20GBP at the exchange rate in Pattaya although I dont get that so.

The step up to the balcony is really quite low and never mentioned before and I have looked at it and dont really see the need for a 3 or 4 inch step, yes the shirtless guy told me about you as he is the owner of the building as well as deals with issues, he asked you to not jerk the door and use the key card and apparently you were rude and made a point of jerking the door on subsequent entries and exits, your comments re him are a match to your attitude to him when you were here.

I have made a lot of friends and have many regulars who regularly come to me with issues, problems questions etc and anyone who knows me knows I do my utmost to deal with any issues, its why we have been running for years, did I meet you ? I dont think so, you certainly did not come and mention anything of your gripes while here, you constantly post that I say if you dont like it you can bugger off, that is not my attitude but yours.

I do offer other methods for deposits if a potential guest desires to book but Paypal has worked for me and 100's of others over the years, then you accuse me of procuring a guests personal details, what crap and I really dont know where you get that idea, the next thing you will be accusing me of blackmail as I have a persons paypal address, coming out with stuff like that you really cannot be listened to by me because obviously by now your daggers are out and nothing will stop the made up comments.

I wouldn't book it again because I don't really need a kitchen. No I said 50 GBP but I didn't use 50 GBP in my calculation in the cost of the room. It was just a typo. The actual cost to me was 644 baht per night at the end of the day. It isn't a big deal.

To be honest I toppled over twice onto the bed when stepping down between the ledge the fan and the bed. Not as young as I used to be I suppose. I just suggest a small step might be useful for older guys who book the room. If you think it is tickety boo no problems.

I did bring the broken entry door to the attention of your staff and was met with a confused blank stare. I cut my losses and left it at that. lol Look maybe a notice book that customers can write down any issues that staff don't understand might be a good idea. Oh shit there I go again coming up with solutions to problems that simply don't exist. Right?

Seems to me any issue I have raised is met with 'It's all just fine'. A bit like 'The computer says no' lol

Well I had no idea who the creepy little guy was he scared the shit out of me. He just appeared over my shoulder. I did pull the door to show him it wasn't locking properly. To be honest I thought I wasn't closing it correctly. He gave me some lecture about not pulling the door open and i just said to him I hope any thieves follow his instructions and move on. Bloody ridiculous fix the bloody lock so it works properly. I stayed at Clean Guest House on Lengkee that has the same system. You'd need a sledge hammer to crack that door open. I apologise if the guy thought I was rude but Dave tell him to put a bloody shirt on before he confronts guests and let him know guests can see he is spying on them when he cracks the Venetian blinds down but if that is all tickety boo Dave no problem. Fairdinkum. lol

I haven't seen that on PayPal before where all the payees personal details are transferred onto the vendor's invoice. If I had a second address I could have selected it but at the time I didn't have one. The only reason I mentioned it was if people booking want to keep their home address private make sure they enter a secondary PO Box address as it does give you the option to select a secondary address.

I thought the review was pretty good but I think your aggressive and dismissive attitude to slight criticisms have spoilt it and I don't think the Dave 'cheer squad' joining in on attacking people who may raise issues on reviews does you any favours.

So no answer on how you used a different exchange rate to paypal to work your final rate out then? nor about if paypal had taken this 132 Baht off of you for a dual currency exchange.

This seems to be a problem with your argument, every time someone asks you a reasonable question you just spout on about a new problem you apparently had. You stayed for three nights and had more problems there than I have had during my multipul stays there.

Trevor(the shirtless guy) is a really nice bloke too, maybe if you had taken the time to be sociable to him you could of found this out your self? also he is a older ex-pat who is retired from work and why should he have to put a shirt on to ask you to stop trying to pull a locked door open? I would also think that the fact that he keeps an eye on who comes and goes from the building is a huge plus for security!

I think it is good you have continued to post within this thread as you have discredited yourself from being a reasonable person and obviously have many problems everywhere you travel.

I think that the show of Daves regulars is a huge advert for the place and is a sign of how well Dave runs it, I hope he will be able to provide me my holiday rooms for years to come!

Bill

Paypal isn't great but unfortunately there isn't really anything else around that's known and accepted by the vast majority of people. You don't need an account to use it last time I checked, you can just pay directly by card without logging in. I wondered why the deposit had to be in GBP though, works well enough for us Brits but wouldn't it be better to offer payment in USD, AUD, EUR too so people don't get stung with exchange rate differences or do you need an account registered in those countries to accept payment like that?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So no answer on how you used a different exchange rate to paypal to work your final rate out then? nor about if paypal had taken this 132 Baht off of you for a dual currency exchange.

This seems to be a problem with your argument, every time someone asks you a reasonable question you just spout on about a new problem you apparently had. You stayed for three nights and had more problems there than I have had during my multipul stays there.

Trevor(the shirtless guy) is a really nice bloke too, maybe if you had taken the time to be sociable to him you could of found this out your self? also he is a older ex-pat who is retired from work and why should he have to put a shirt on to ask you to stop trying to pull a locked door open? I would also think that the fact that he keeps an eye on who comes and goes from the building is a huge plus for security!

I think it is good you have continued to post within this thread as you have discredited yourself from being a reasonable person and obviously have many problems everywhere you travel.

I think that the show of Daves regulars is a huge advert for the place and is a sign of how well Dave runs it, I hope he will be able to provide me my holiday rooms for years to come!

Bill

I have explained the exchange rate 'ad nauseum'. Of course I do not use PayPal's exchange rate that is where you take a 'hair cut'. The point is because the way Dave sets up his deposit payment, customers take a double 'hair cut' on low currency exchange rates. AUD - GBP - THB. Most know they are going to take a 'hair cut' on currency exchange rates but Dave is diverting payments via the UK and then back into Thai Baht at a lower exchange rate. If you are dealing with a Thai business a 'hair cut' on say, AUD - THB is expected but a double 'hair cut' on the GBP isn't normally expected. It isn't rocket surgery.

I am more than happy to provide a reasonable reply to any reasonable question and I had no problem whatsoever throughout my entire trip everything is just an experience for me. Your defence of Dave is admirable but on this occasion it is misguided. These minor issues are basic customer feedback. For astute business people this is vital feedback to improve their business and keep their business moving forward. Dave has made an absolute 'dogs breakfast' of what I feel was a pretty positive review of Room 1C. You cannot on the one hand state that you are customer service orientated and then proceed to diminish, ignore, trivialise customer feedback provided and then attempt to demean and humiliate any person who dares to present a negative experience and sit back whilst the Dave 'cheer squad' joins in on the attack. I admire the Dave 'cheer squad' loyalty but my loyalty is to my fellow Addicts BM'ers.

What is it with you and a world full of 'nice guys'. You have this arse about. How about Trevor puts on some appropriate attire greets customers with a friendly smile, an introduction as to who the f@#k he is and a hand shake and then politely explains that the bloody door is broken and apologises for the inconvenience. Now if that is too much trouble FIX THE BLOODY DOOR!!!!!!

I agree there has been a campaign to discredit me because I dared to raise some minor customer service issues regarding Canterbury Tales Dave has chosen to dismiss them in their entirety and with the help of the Dave 'cheer squad' attempted to badger and bully, confuse and stifle the issues raised.

At this point my view is Dave has two choices he can come out swinging and get the 'cheer squad' attack dogs to ramp up the rhetoric or he can come out apologise take on board the issues raised and give an undertaking to give them at least consideration.

You seem to ignore my responses then try to convince me and my so called cheer squad are saying things we do not and trying to convince people I ignore comments and effectively tell people to bugger off if they dont like it, you are wrong.

You do not loose twice with paypal payments/deposits, you use your paypal to pay 20GBP in say Ausy $, you do not lose money by doing that, there is only a small difference in the paypal rate to cash rate, same as any bank will give one rate which will be different to a cash exchange rate here in say Pattaya, it does seem to be rocket surgery to you.

My comments re your initial comments that you would not book again because of the kitchen were answered saying we have 25 rooms so you did not need to book the room with the kitchen unless it was the only room available, but would that justify saying you would not book a room again.

I do listen to feedback, I have encouraged it and am always available to deal with issues re my rooms or any queries, occasionally it may be deemed as I will not change my system because a person suggests I should, that does not mean I am ignoring, humiliating etc it means I feel my system is working well.

Trevor heard you jerking the door, had he have put a shirt on to come see who did it you would no doubt have been gone, your attitude to him, well maybe thats why he did not greet you with a smile as you continued to jerk the door instead of using the card, maybe the fact you continued doing it caused Trevor not to smile as he seemed to think you were doing it on purpose, who knows.

Normally I do not criticize guests even though they maybe at fault but sometimes they may deserve it as I find it difficult to deal with guys who get facts wrong and think the customer is always right at what ever costs, the door is perfectly ok as long as you use it for the reasons it is designed, Trevor is not a creepy little guy as you describe him but gets a bit would up when guests disregard & abuse his property as you did.

There has been no campaign to discredit you just pointing out that I am there for any issues but you did not meet me once and say anything re problems which makes my job harder, I have built up relations with many many regulars who know that any problems/issues are dealt with as prompt as possible.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

That's a nice room u got Dave . For the price u can't beat it IMO . I might actually book this room on my next next trip as I'm already staying at VT6 this trip.... If this tread wasn't bumped so much I wouldn't have seen what a great deal this is .. I'm a picky fucker when it comes to room and I must say this one looks pretty nice for 20$ .

You can not compare staying at VT6 and Canterbury tales

I have stayed at both

Canterbury tales is good value budget acc

VT6 rooms are normally much better quality but at a higher price

I would happily swap a Canterbury tales room with you for VT6 at no extra cost to myself LOL

You can not compare staying at VT6 and Canterbury tales

I have stayed at both

Canterbury tales is good value budget acc

VT6 rooms are normally much better quality but at a higher price

I would happily swap a Canterbury tales room with you for VT6 at no extra cost to myself LOL

I'm not comparing I was only thinking of my future trips and how I could save some money. I stayed only at vt6 for 3 years now. My bud alway stay at cantaburytale so I get to hang at both places each trip.( I slept in most of Dave couches in the afternoon lots of times when the hangover was really bad lol )

I think this is the best looking room that Dave has ATM looking at the pics . If it saves me 40$ a night for 20 nights by staying at Dave room . I might do that. To save some cash .

----

I love vt6 if I wasn't trying to save some cash I would never consider booking else where.....

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

You seem to ignore my responses then try to convince me and my so called cheer squad are saying things we do not and trying to convince people I ignore comments and effectively tell people to bugger off if they dont like it, you are wrong.

You do not loose twice with paypal payments/deposits, you use your paypal to pay 20GBP in say Ausy $, you do not lose money by doing that, there is only a small difference in the paypal rate to cash rate, same as any bank will give one rate which will be different to a cash exchange rate here in say Pattaya, it does seem to be rocket surgery to you.

My comments re your initial comments that you would not book again because of the kitchen were answered saying we have 25 rooms so you did not need to book the room with the kitchen unless it was the only room available, but would that justify saying you would not book a room again.

I do listen to feedback, I have encouraged it and am always available to deal with issues re my rooms or any queries, occasionally it may be deemed as I will not change my system because a person suggests I should, that does not mean I am ignoring, humiliating etc it means I feel my system is working well.

Trevor heard you jerking the door, had he have put a shirt on to come see who did it you would no doubt have been gone, your attitude to him, well maybe thats why he did not greet you with a smile as you continued to jerk the door instead of using the card, maybe the fact you continued doing it caused Trevor not to smile as he seemed to think you were doing it on purpose, who knows.

Normally I do not criticize guests even though they maybe at fault but sometimes they may deserve it as I find it difficult to deal with guys who get facts wrong and think the customer is always right at what ever costs, the door is perfectly ok as long as you use it for the reasons it is designed, Trevor is not a creepy little guy as you describe him but gets a bit would up when guests disregard & abuse his property as you did.

There has been no campaign to discredit you just pointing out that I am there for any issues but you did not meet me once and say anything re problems which makes my job harder, I have built up relations with many many regulars who know that any problems/issues are dealt with as prompt as possible.

Decided to continue swinging Dave. I would have more respect for you if you managed to swallow your pride and put your hand up.

Same old stupid defensive drivel.

You listen to feedback and then proceed to excuse your shortcomings and ignore the obvious and defend the absurd.

Your wasting my time mate.

Run your business however you wish I couldn't care less.

Good day

I love vt6 if I wasn't trying to save some cash I would never consider booking else where.....

Stay CT and spend the spare dosh in Triangle, eat lovely baguettes from Barbie and this will also cut down on transport costs!! Get's my vote 55

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Stay CT and spend the spare dosh in Triangle, eat lovely baguettes from Barbie and this will also cut down on transport costs!! Get's my vote 55
it true I spend at least 150bt a day going back and forth from vt6 to soi chaiyapoon ! Lol....

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

I have very fond memories of this room,   don't knock it.    

post-13217-0-39648200-1326568581.jpg

post-13217-0-03121600-1326500882.jpg

post-13217-0-21186000-1326499469.jpg

post-13217-0-34965600-1326995543.jpg

post-13217-0-88904800-1326629941.jpg

post-13217-0-61247200-1326531509.jpg

Stevie

I have explained the exchange rate 'ad nauseum'. Of course I do not use PayPal's exchange rate that is where you take a 'hair cut'. The point is because the way Dave sets up his deposit payment, customers take a double 'hair cut' on low currency exchange rates. AUD - GBP - THB. Most know they are going to take a 'hair cut' on currency exchange rates but Dave is diverting payments via the UK and then back into Thai Baht at a lower exchange rate. If you are dealing with a Thai business a 'hair cut' on say, AUD - THB is expected but a double 'hair cut' on the GBP isn't normally expected. It isn't rocket surgery.

I am more than happy to provide a reasonable reply to any reasonable question and I had no problem whatsoever throughout my entire trip everything is just an experience for me. Your defence of Dave is admirable but on this occasion it is misguided. These minor issues are basic customer feedback. For astute business people this is vital feedback to improve their business and keep their business moving forward. Dave has made an absolute 'dogs breakfast' of what I feel was a pretty positive review of Room 1C. You cannot on the one hand state that you are customer service orientated and then proceed to diminish, ignore, trivialise customer feedback provided and then attempt to demean and humiliate any person who dares to present a negative experience and sit back whilst the Dave 'cheer squad' joins in on the attack. I admire the Dave 'cheer squad' loyalty but my loyalty is to my fellow Addicts BM'ers.

What is it with you and a world full of 'nice guys'. You have this arse about. How about Trevor puts on some appropriate attire greets customers with a friendly smile, an introduction as to who the f@#k he is and a hand shake and then politely explains that the bloody door is broken and apologises for the inconvenience. Now if that is too much trouble FIX THE BLOODY DOOR!!!!!!

I agree there has been a campaign to discredit me because I dared to raise some minor customer service issues regarding Canterbury Tales Dave has chosen to dismiss them in their entirety and with the help of the Dave 'cheer squad' attempted to badger and bully, confuse and stifle the issues raised.

At this point my view is Dave has two choices he can come out swinging and get the 'cheer squad' attack dogs to ramp up the rhetoric or he can come out apologise take on board the issues raised and give an undertaking to give them at least consideration.

Of course you didn't use paypals exchange rate??? Why not?? You were using paypal to pay the deposit and used it by name.within your OP? Why not use its exchange when working out what it has cost you? Surely this is simple enough as it is the only.way to work out exactly what it has.cost.you! You made t sound as though Dave had over charged you, and this is not the case! It is merelythat you have used a better exchange rate than paypal would f given.you!

Trevor was always friendly when I first met him an he is also helpful as he will adress any problems you have whilst in the C building! Why did you continue to ttry to force the door after you had been shown how to use it? I am sure if people keep trying to force it it will become looser over time! Why did you not just ue the key card everytime? You say it is not a.foreign concept to you!

One thing has decame clear throughout this thread, and that some people you can.never please! I am sure you have learned nothing from all off this and.will continue with your petty mindedness an continue to think everyone is wromg bar you

I am pleased you will not stay there again as iteans are paths will never cross over breakfast!

Bill

VERY nice Steven. I like her dark skin.

Looks like a good time had by all in Room 1C lol

I had some great girls that trip.

Of course you didn't use paypals exchange rate??? Why not?? You were using paypal to pay the deposit and used it by name.within your OP? Why not use its exchange when working out what it has cost you? Surely this is simple enough as it is the only.way to work out exactly what it has.cost.you! You made t sound as though Dave had over charged you, and this is not the case! It is merelythat you have used a better exchange rate than paypal would f given.you!

Trevor was always friendly when I first met him an he is also helpful as he will adress any problems you have whilst in the C building! Why did you continue to ttry to force the door after you had been shown how to use it? I am sure if people keep trying to force it it will become looser over time! Why did you not just ue the key card everytime? You say it is not a.foreign concept to you!

One thing has decame clear throughout this thread, and that some people you can.never please! I am sure you have learned nothing from all off this and.will continue with your petty mindedness an continue to think everyone is wromg bar you

I am pleased you will not stay there again as iteans are paths will never cross over breakfast!

Bill

"some people cannot be pleased" is the catch phrase of the lazy / incompetent business owner lol

You are right I would not book any room with Dave in the future. With rooms all over the place Bldg A,B,C and D I found selecting a room a little confusing, the double hit on the deposit AUD - GBP - THB making a 600 THB room into a 644 THB room, the faulty street entry door compromises the security of the building, I am a VERY private person and old Trev there spying on guests 24/7 is a little creepy for me especially when he doesn't introduce himself, the service staff were average at best, I prefer Soi Lengkee than Soi Chaiyapoon Soi Lengkee has better access to 7-11 / Family Mart and doesn't have all the massage girls touting,  after sales service is catastrophic!!! I like to see an owner handle customer feedback a lot better than Dave has on this thread. Especially when it comes to guest safety like at least consideration for a step just to make it a little safer. If something does go wrong you want confidence in knowing you are going to be dealt with fairly.

That trip I stayed at CT, Happy Inn (BKK), KJS hotel (Soi Chaiyapoon), Chaiyapoon Inn (Soi Chaiyapoon) and I think Patcharat House (Soi Buakhao) I am a bit of a vagrant when it comes to where I stay. It's fun, I really enjoy moving about.

If you like an excellent quality good value (100 THB) English breakfast I can highly recommend i-Rovers on LK Metro.

well i really enjoyed your large and many pics u put up here..i think pictures give a better description of the room rather than words..many thanks for that

its ashamed though that this has turned into a word bashing report now

peace to all and many thanks

"some people cannot be pleased" is the catch phrase of the lazy / incompetent business owner lol

You are right I would not book any room with Dave in the future. With rooms all over the place Bldg A,B,C and D I found selecting a room a little confusing, the double hit on the deposit AUD - GBP - THB making a 600 THB room into a 644 THB room, the faulty street entry door compromises the security of the building, I am a VERY private person and old Trev there spying on guests 24/7 is a little creepy for me especially when he doesn't introduce himself, the service staff were average at best, I prefer Soi Lengkee than Soi Chaiyapoon Soi Lengkee has better access to 7-11 / Family Mart and doesn't have all the massage girls touting,  after sales service is catastrophic!!! I like to see an owner handle customer feedback a lot better than Dave has on this thread. Especially when it comes to guest safety like at least consideration for a step just to make it a little safer. If something does go wrong you want confidence in knowing you are going to be dealt with fairly.

That trip I stayed at CT, Happy Inn (BKK), KJS Hotel (Soi Chaiyapoon), Chaiyapoon Inn (Soi Chaiyapoon) and I think Patcharat House (Soi Buakhao) I am a bit of a vagrant when it comes to where I stay. It's fun, I really enjoy moving about.

If you like an excellent quality good value (100 THB) English breakfast I can highly recommend i-Rovers on LK Metro.

Once again you fail to answer any questions and just exaggerate other points you think you have.

the buildings A,B and C are all within 100 yards of each other, how is this a consideration when booking? I don't understand how this would confuse anybody??

The door I cannot really say if it was faulty or not as I wasn't there, but I was there a couple of months before and it all worked fine. I still fail to see why you tried to force it every time and not just of used the card they give you to open it?

The 132 Baht you seem to think you were over charged was swallowed by paypal I would guess, this would of happened in most places that require a deposit on booking. If you become a regular customer, you will be able to miss out this step and then it is not an issue. Just as a side question, do you accuse the money exchange of short changing you when they don't give you the rate you have found on-line? same same thing!

Trevor does not 'spy' on the guests, it really is a pathetic attempt to misrepresent him IMO. He lives an the ground floor and is often about and makes himself available for anyone who might have questions/problems, he is a very friendly man who has a wealth of knowledge to share about Pattaya. He also is an extra form of security and should be valued by customers.

Soi lengkee has better access to 7-11 and family mart? was the 70 yard walk too much from  building then? And the massage girls are great! If you don't like pretty women trying to encourage you into their places of business, what the hell are you doing in Pattaya in the first place??

Dave and his staff have always acted quickly to any problem I have had, be it my fault or a problem within the room, Dave even gives you his mobile number for problems outside of cafe hours.

I think I will stick with Daves top quality breakfasts at 90 Baht for now thank matey, I have been many places for breakfast around the LK area and I am always drawn back to Daves place, that in it self must say a lot for his business and the quality of both the food and the company.

Bill

Archived