Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jocky's Restaurant (Soi Lenkee) Twinned with 18 Coins.

cartoonman

Jocky`s has just opened in Soi Lankee ( Next door to The China Garden - Near Lone Star - Near Friar Tucks - near Le Katai - Near Jolly Friar - Near Devonshire.)

So you have a lot of places to eat.

Jocky`s is owned by the same people who run the restaurant called 18 Coins on Soi Back-cow.

So you will notice the menu is roughly the same.

18 Coins does a SPECIAL everyday for 2 weeks and it changes back to those meals and starts all over again two weeks later.

The Food and the Quality and the Prices are second to none...( It has been my favorite restaurant for Years - doing Toad in th Hole - Gammon and Fried eggs - Chicken and Steak Combo )

I pick the Specials as I can't eat BIG meals - but in saying that I've had to leave some of the Specials as they are still too big for me.

So you will get all these Specials at Jocky`s but on the opposite days.

e.g. Where i used to love GAMMON on Mondays at 18 Coins  - I would have to wait to have that Special two weeks later - NOW I can pop into Jocky`s on the following Monday and have my Gammom there.

Right getting back to the Restaurant...

A big Plus is that it`s AIRCON with about 18 Tables - Everything is SUPER New and Spotless.

The colour thyme is Cream and Brown with mostly Black and White pictures of England in the 60`s ( Beatles and Stones and Phone Boxes and Buses .etc. )

The Toilets were immaculate. 

There are Signs in the Wall - NO SMOKING.

Not being funny BUT some people have complained about the 'none smilers' staff in 18 Coins - They are not in Jocky`s.

So If you are a lover of 18 Coins but found it hot - You will love Jocky`s more as it`s Aircon.

A big Plus is they have Guest rooms upstairs - I have no idea of prices.. I'm sure somebody will tell us.

They also have a website  www.jockysrestaurant.com

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a big fan of 18 coins so will deffo try Jocky's. Will they have Ladyboy waitresses with big arses like 18 coins?

Thanks for the tip Cartoonman. 

I've also eaten at 18 Coins and enjoyed it so will check out this new restaurant when I return in a couple weeks time. 

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I owned this place....  :GoldenSmile1:

Nice report and pics and know now where it is and yes lots to choose from on Lengkee now, and just hope the service is quicker then 18 coins as that became a joke!!

So the place used to be a boy gogo bar??

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Nice report and pics and know now where it is and yes lots to choose from on Lengkee now, and just hope the service is quicker then 18 coins as that became a joke!!

So the place used to be a boy gogo bar??

I come to Thailand for the beaches.....How about you ???

well i had haggis at 18coins once and it was yummy. had to ask the boss for it but he had said on one of the forums that it was available [must have been a few years ago]

any holes a goal

Got to say the last three times I have eaten in 18 Coins ( Within the last 6 weeks ), the service is worse. Never thought that possible but there you go.

I will try Jocky's for sure, please please can the service be better than 18 coins? Then again the service is the Pattaya Jail canteen is probably better than the 18 coins service.

In a town where bad food and bad service abound 18 Coins is contending for the gold.

I wouldn't hold a lot of hope for Jockys.

I'll be staying at the China Garden my next trip.

So just grateful that the sodding karaoke has gone :)

Will take a look at Jocky's.

As OP says, there are plenty of places to eat along there.

PS. The website looks very professional,

but only the home page seems to be working at present.

Yes having stayed at CG the loss of that karejokey would be a huge bonus and add to the soi in general.

What the hell is that?  -->>          post-82617-0-76711000-1376115970.jpg

Will take a look at Jocky's.

As OP says, there are plenty of places to eat along there.

PS. The website looks very professional,

but only the home page seems to be working at present.

I couldn't get the website to work. Anyone else having problems accessing it?

No matter where you go, there you are....

I couldn't get the website to work. Anyone else having problems accessing it?

Works fine for me. Here today's special:

specials9.png

What the hell is that?  -->>          attachicon.gifpost-82617-0-76711000-1376115970.jpg

It looks like the infamous black (ie blood) pudding. Looks disgusting doesn't it? JUST kidding. ;) 

No doubt it's "very good". 

What does one do after eating a full English Breakfast? Take a nap? Regurgitate as the Romans were described as doing so as to go back and eat more? Meander down a Soi and throw up on a BG? Ha Ha.

Probably an acquired taste. Food/Travel author Anthony Bourdain has been filmed eating a meal like this with the addition of a Guinness. Now THAT is a breakfast. :)

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.laverstokepark.co.uk/%40%40content/pub/image_3414/black_pudding_plated_lighter_18104.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.laverstokepark.co.uk/from-the-kitchen/laverstoke-park-farm/organic-black-pudding-250g_ct483bd190pd1766.htm&h=225&w=225&sz=1&tbnid=EWqzlzc6Jy2z6M:&tbnh=160&tbnw=160&zoom=1&usg=__wtYJ73FCJMyFqum2wl_lNvI9uHQ=&docid=12DxfZIIUJflgM&itg=1&sa=X&ei=rP4JUrfiL-GsyAGP7IHIDQ&ved=0CJUBEPwdMAs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_breakfast

Love toad in the hole and the gammon and egg , the breakfast looks good to.

All at a margin price, Welcome addition

Love toad in the hole and the gammon and egg , the breakfast looks good to.

All at a margin price, Welcome addition

+1

Archived