Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jocky's Restaurant (Soi Lenkee) Twinned with 18 Coins.

cartoonman

to be fair I think 18 coins is one of the best places for a full English breakfast in pattaya. the service was brilliant then again if you give a decent tip your looked after that's the way the world goes round, im good friends with one of the girls from 18 coins who is now working in jockys shes a lovely girl and all ways smiling, then again I can imagine some of the slime balls these girls have to serve being rude and creepy asking if they go for short and stuff and you wounder why some of the women are fed up and don't rush to get back to your table think and have respect that way the service is better

I thought they were paid to give good service.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of my last too short trip, my last day being Sunday I gave Jocky's a try, it may have been me conditioning myself for my return to the UK.I also had been suffering from a bit to much Thai food digestive impact.Value for money you could not argue about quality of the beef and chicken roast dinner which was exceptional IMHO, I was also given a tour of the nearly complete very spacious rooms which depending on final pricing could well be somewhere I would stay on future trips. I would recommend the restaurant for great value quality for money and the rooms I think will be very popular.

I agree totally went in jocky's for Sunday roast a couple of weeks ago

Ok the price was cheap but the meal was of low quality

You get what you pay for

I will not be back

I would rather pay more baht and get a better quality meal

The best Sunday roast I have found in patts and I have. Tryed most restaurants

Is Nicky's soi buckhow. (Spelling) not cheap but very good quality

Rooms range between 800-1200 baht, decent sized rooms. Several rooms just having the finishing touches applied. Two rooms completely finished and were booked on the 2nd Oct. I wouldn't have a problem staying there next trip

"If ya can f*#k it, float it or fly it.........rent it!"

Rooms range between 800-1200 baht, decent sized rooms. Several rooms just having the finishing touches applied. Two rooms completely finished and were booked on the 2nd Oct. I wouldn't have a problem staying there next trip

can get jacuzzi room next door for that price

• 4 weeks later...

mak 1096.jpg

Anyone confirm that with Jockys being aircon, its cig. smoke free ?

looked smoke-free inside      signs up and didn't see anyone smoking.

I sat outside    had a great bowl of lentil soup for 65 baht, was actually more like a good filling broth with veg and ham  too.

service was good, although it was quiet.

definitely recommended for a try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I eat here quite often and the food is reasonably priced and if you like loads of veg with the daily specials this fits the bill.

A bit shy with the meat though, well except for the sausages and I dont ever think about meat % in them or, for that matter whats actually in them

For the prices its excellant value and I find the food tasty but I must add that Im a heavy smoker so my taste buds are somewhat dulled.

Inside is always quiet and by that I mean church like quiet, its a place were everyone speaks in hushed tones and the only sounds above the background music, which is barely audible are the clinking of cutelry on plates.

The service is fast and the staff are nice, I like the place which is why I keep going back

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

• 2 months later...

The food is great,The Chicken Snitzel is to die for and I have to take half home it's nice and clean inside but no ladyboy with a big ass like the 18 coins, The girls they have are great and always smiling

Further to the post I made in this thread on 8th September last year I think its only fair to say that having now been back quite a few times this month I have changed my mind.

Either I was just unlucky the previous times I visited in September or it has improved.

I now give a thumb.s up to Jockys especially the breakfasts and daily specials.

• 2 months later...

The pies in the place are quality. They come with two big slices of bread and chips/mash and peas. You need to be hungry for this menu...

• 2 months later...

We found this restaurant the best in that area from breakfast to Sunday roast , spotless and new looking and the food everything was perfect , that roast the best and biggest you could hope for , the fish and chips so good you might be in Blackpool , had that most days for lunch , this very nice air con place is same ownership as 18 coins but run better we thought, or if you like the food quality and friendly staff are a better lot Including the cooks I would say ,and yes they do smile, . who ever modeled the place done a great job it looks upmarket and the resto has some ambiance as well . tried the Jolly Friar fish and chips a few doors away and sorry to say it does not compare at all,  small portion greasy chips verdict, really its not very good , 

I would urge anyone in that area to try Jocky's its one great place to eat your meals open till late good value for exceptional food ,

btw if the rooms are of the same standard as the resto I would  Imagine so I bet its one great place to stay as well , the Jocky's website rooms photo's and prices seems to Indicate China Garden next door and similar places have some very hot competition,

Have some more thoughts on eating places around LK Metro area I will post later on but Hockey's was the best by some distance imo ...

Great review mate, But where is this place called HOCKEYS you keep talking about ?

Jocky's I said and is next to China Garden is right , and is simply the best food I found , ..Have a look at the rooms on the site they look great as well ,

Jocky's I said and is next to China Garden is right , and is simply the best food I found , ..Have a look at the rooms on the site they look great as well ,

Agree 100% I found Jocky's by a fluke early last trip in May,had many meals there after that.

The rooms look good,but haven't stayed there yet.

Robw

18 coins is a great place , I go for the food not chatty staff , when I want that I go to a beer bar. Can't understand the haters as I have never had a bad meal in the place and every Thai girl I have taken ( there have been many ) all complimented the Thai food.

Bms should realise that bad comments can have a bad influence on businesses and be careful what they write!

18 coins is a great place , I go for the food not chatty staff , when I want that I go to a beer bar. Can't understand the haters as I have never had a bad meal in the place and every Thai girl I have taken ( there have been many ) all complimented the Thai food.

Bms should realise that bad comments can have a bad influence on businesses and be careful what they write!

Never going to call any place great, if I cant taste the food for cig. smoke.

Each to their own.

i used this place every day on my last trip, good food cheap , english newspapers and good internet 

I like the food at 18 coins very much. My Thai GF often enjoys the european style thick soups that are served. THis surprises me since most Thai girls don't like to experiment much with diffent food choices.

Yes almost forgot , Jocky;s have a good selection of daily English news papers every day you can read . I hope some one will give a TR on those rooms at Jocky;s  because if there the same high standard as the resto and the quality there they would be outsanding ..

Archived