IGNORED

English Premiership League 2013/2014

jocky king

New Football season start on 17th August. Defending Champions will be playing away against Swansea. It will be strange for the premiership to be without Sir Alex Ferguson. Will United carry on winning the trophies as usual or be like Liverpool who had lost their stronghold on the League for nearly 24 years. Liverpool had recently bought couple of players, Will they be finally bury the jinx of  winning the first Premiership league since 1989/90.  Chelsea having special one back, they will be the one to challenge for the title. Newcomers, Cardiff City, Crystal Palace and Hull city will have a battle to remain in the premiership in the 2014/15, Crystal Palace will be missing Zaha services badly. Good luck to all involved.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, with the exception of Arsene, top 3 to be coached by new bosses, though Jose is an old hand. Exciting season ahead, will be interesting to see if David Moyes can actually turn it on with big names & pressure of winning cups.

................................................................................................................

United need to make some signings if they are gunna challenge for Champions League, but it aint going well so far. City have four decent new players so they should be better this season. Chelsea should be better too with Jose in charge.

Can Liverpool break their jinx? are you crazy, they will do well to be the top club in Liverpool. 6th or 7th again for sure i think

Hey Jocky, glad you started this thread.

No matter what anybody says.  there is a massive void  at Man utd with Fergie leaving this season and i think their fans will have to endure a barren year. Too big a club to be away for long though. 

Man City already had the best squad in the league and have added to it wisely.  I take them to win the league.

Chelsea will challenge of course but will come a close second.  They have a good squad and if they can capture Rooney it can only strengthen their chances while diminishing UTD's

Arsenal will sign no one they are currently linked with as they won't pay top salaries and will rush in a few  deals in the last week for a few unknown French players

Of course i have been known to be wrong             :GoldenSmile1:

Stevie

Yeah, with the exception of Arsene, top 3 to be coached by new bosses, though Jose is an old hand. Exciting season ahead, will be interesting to see if David Moyes can actually turn it on with big names & pressure of winning cups.

Arsenal have a big money available but  big players dont seem interested coming to Gunners. We will see by next week if they are brave enough to tempt Rooney or Suarez into the emirates staduim.

United need to make some signings if they are gunna challenge for Champions League, but it aint going well so far. City have four decent new players so they should be better this season. Chelsea should be better too with Jose in charge.

Can Liverpool break their jinx? are you crazy, they will do well to be the top club in Liverpool. 6th or 7th again for sure i think

Yeah, Lingard and Zaha was very impressive during the Asia tour. I dont think they will need any more signings.

Top 5 clubs in Europe having the best transfer window

http://thefootballspace.com/2013/07/26/top-five-clubs-having-the-best-transfer-windows/

Great signing for your club, Hooper of Celtic going to Norwich was a great one, Surprised that top clubs ignored him despite playing superly for Celtic in champion League last season. 

He got 31 goals for Celtic last season, I think he has an eye on the World Cup, and will get noticed more in England, if he gets 20 and Ricky Van Wolfswinkle gets 25, I will be happy lol

All change in  Managers but Cannot see too much of a change in top three, Man und, City, and Chelsea to fight it out.

Arsenal forth, Tottenham with Bale could challenge them.

Palace, Cardiff and Hull to go straight back down, no Wigan this year to save them 

He got 31 goals for Celtic last season, I think he has an eye on the World Cup, and will get noticed more in England, if he gets 20 and Ricky Van Wolfswinkle gets 25, I will be happy lol

now your location below your avatar has become relevant. 

Stevie

Thanks for starting the thread again Jock. Much appreciated by all of us!   :Clap7:

image.png

Cannot wait to start of the season, think i would put money on City this year if they can gel. Chelsea with the special one will be close, still lacking goals, Torres an enigma, i'd try to ship him out but no buyers. Und always there, they played poor last year and still won easy,thanks to Van Perie;s goals don;t think they will get Fabregas.

Too many average foreign players in premiership, they should be limited,( Though difficult with EU labour laws) Spain and Germany have much more home grown players in there teams, it would also help the national team. At present not easy for young home grown talent (IF THERE IS ANY) to get a game at the top level

Not going to be many bars by the look of it, the new company is charging by the screen, there is a thread going on about it somewhere here. A projector screen for instance is going to cost B5000 A MONTH

It will be:

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Man Utd

4. Liverpool ( gotta have faith!)

5. Arsenal

6. Tottenham

I don't think Hull City will go down.

Heart says:

1). Man Utd

2). Chelsea

3). Man City

4). it does not matter

Mind says:

1). Chelsea (Jose factor)

2). Man Utd

3). Man City

4). Arsenal (if Totts lose Bale)

................................................................................................................

Babydolls had CTH fitted today. We will be showing EPL so come on over. Phil

Now that's a challenge Phil, should I see someone scoring or should I score one of my own

The CTH box got activated in Babydolls over night and we are all set to go on 17th. I am looking forward to seeing West Bromwich Albion's surprising victory this season in full HD. The girls in Babydolls have always been in high definition and 3D, so get a beer, get a girl and watch the footy too. Can't wait. Phil

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

It will be:

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Man Utd

4. Liverpool ( gotta have faith!)

5. Arsenal

6. Tottenham

Here is my prediction but I'd swap Arsenal & Spurs if Bale is sold and Spurs spend £60 - £70m on new players

1) Chelsea

2) City

3) United

4) Arsenal

5) Spurs

6) Liverpool

My heart says

1 Spurs

2 Southampton

3 Cardiff

18 Chelsea

19 Man U

20 Have a guess

Head says Chelsea, but we'll be up there somewhere.

My Heart says

1 .Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Man City

4. Liverpool

5. Man Utd (First time out of Champion League for 2014/15) 

My Heart says

1 .Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Man City

4. Liverpool

5. Man Utd (First time out of Champion League for 2014/15) 

You need a doc mate, there's some prob with your heart :Grin3:

You need a doc mate, there's some prob with your heart :Grin3:

:SoWhat1:  :LOL2:

Archived