IGNORED

Fight fans! your best fight ever last 25 years UK,U.S.A

tweedle-dee

AH NAZ!   i personaly couldnt stand the kid reminded me of that big headed scouse git john conte, but both great boxers,was once hospitalised in a bed next to conte's old man who took some drugs and had a binge to celebrate his birthday and ended up next to me! great stuff keep it coming, any one remember the GALAXY brothers   and an uncrowned robbed of victory out in nevada collin jones from the rhonda valleys ?

I know of Khaosai Galaxy, arguably Thailand's most famous fighter and a member of the Hall of Fame. Don't know much about his brother other than he was also a world champion and while boxing has had many bothers who have been world champions, the Galaxy's are supposedly the only twin brothers to do so.

Khaosai still does boxing commentary on Thai TV. About 4 or 5 years ago I saw him at a fight card I went to in BKK. He was enjoying himself with the fans signing autographs, posing for pictures, etc. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know of Khaosai Galaxy, arguably Thailand's most famous fighter and a member of the Hall of Fame. Don't know much about his brother other than he was also a world champion and while boxing has had many bothers who have been world champions, the Galaxy's are supposedly the only twin brothers to do so.

Khaosai still does boxing commentary on Thai TV. About 4 or 5 years ago I saw him at a fight card I went to in BKK. He was enjoying himself with the fans signing autographs, posing for pictures, etc. 

cheers bgtp where is the venue in BKK for international boxing? and thanks for the info bud!

The best 3 rounds i ever saw was Tommy 'the hitman' Hearns V Marvin Hagler.

.http://youtu.be/8mILPqwesNE

I fully agree. Many other must feel the same as the 2/3 identical video clips, already posted on this thread, seem to indicate.

Marvin of course retired after his split decision loss against Sugar Ray Leonard. Most critics thought Hagler won, but the Sugarman was always a media favourite and money spinner.

Marvin moved permanently to Italy shortly afterwards, where he seems to be very happy and settled. He has appeared in quite a few Italian and other films. He only returns to the USA for the Hall of Fame induction ceremonies. He's still very trim and fit and says he could still make the middleweight limit of 160lbs.

Speaking of the Marvelous one, anyone else remember Hagler-Minter, known not so much for the fight itself as much as the riot that occurred afterwards.

Speaking of the Marvelous one, anyone else remember Hagler-Minter, known not so much for the fight itself as much as the riot that occurred afterwards.

remember that one very well, total disgrace from fans ringside pelting hagler with coins and what ever, he did a carve up on minters face and the crowd went ballistic and as hagler left the stadium a brick went crashing thru his limmo window,hagler vowed never to return to the UK and i dont blame him at all, minter was done for after that fight, it showed us all the difference between a boxer and a fighter! 

DITTO i couldnt believe my eyes talk about explosive!!  so fast whicked and fearsome as if there were no audience just them 2 going for it.

yeah, Thomas Hearns, with his "flicker jab" was really impressive

but can't forgot most of all the KO of Mike Tyson, i watch it almost everyday...love his peek-a-boo style, which i use myself now in fight, he makes my way to boxing !

his fights vs ruddock, mota, brebick , always love to watch it

"If everything is gotten dreamily, it will go away dreamily too"

"Flattering words are but honey-coated poison."

"Light dispels darkness. Wisdom dispels ignorance"

Thai Quotes - Chiang Mai Temples

Lester Ellis and Barry Michael

mm these two names are new to me but will youtube them and take a peek, cheers!

but can't forgot most of all the KO of Mike Tyson, i watch it almost everyday...love his peek-a-boo style, which i use myself now in fight, he makes my way to boxing !

I note you are into boxing.

I have a great friend who worked in the packing industry for a large company based in Thailand I observe you are based in Pattaya. The company is Alucon, of which you may have heard. They have a very large plant situated at nearby Schirach.

My friend is now retired. He has lived with the same Thai girl in Bangkok for almost 25 years. I was with him the night they first met. She was a Gogo dancer, at Susie Wong’s, in Soi Cowboy. She comes from Ayutthaya. He has built her family a nice house there. Village life doesn't suit him however, although they pay short visits there together for a few days several a year. He is approx. 30 years older than her, so the house will be some security for the girl and her family in the future.

I always meet up with them when I visit the Bangkok area. We sometimes also spend time together in Patts, where we enjoy a few rounds of golf. He speaks fluent Thai, of course.

I sincerely trust this association between boxing and the packing industry is not too far off topic.

Lots of luck with the peeking and booing, by the way.

I trust the booing element is in no way a reflection of any audience's judgement regarding your undoubted ring prowess.

Cheers

John

PS

The only boxing I have any small experience of is in regard to kippers. The 'fishy' kind, I hasten to add.

I have a great friend who worked in the packing industry for a large company based in Thailand I observe you are based in Pattaya. The company is Alucon, of which you may have heard. They have a very large plant situated at nearby Schirach.

My friend is now retired. He has lived with the same Thai girl in Bangkok for almost 25 years. I was with him the night they first met. She was a Gogo dancer, at Susie Wong’s, in Soi Cowboy. She comes from Ayutthaya. He has built her family a nice house there. Village life doesn't suit him however, although they pay short visits there together for a few days several a year. He is approx. 30 years older than her, so the house will be some security for the girl and her family in the future.

I always meet up with them when I visit the Bangkok area. We sometimes also spend time together in Patts, where we enjoy a few rounds of golf. He speaks fluent Thai, of course.

I sincerely trust this association between boxing and the packing industry is not too far off topic.

I trust the booing element is in no way a reflection of any audience's judgement regarding your undoubted ring prowess.

Cheers

John

PS

The only boxing I have any small experience of is in regard to kippers. The 'fishy' kind, I hasten to add.

mmmm something a bit whiffy in your reply ??

I remember it vividly. I didnt mention it in my fave fights post as Minter was my schoolboy hero and I felt so devastated that night. Absolutely destroyed.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I remember it vividly. I didnt mention it in my fave fights post as Minter was my schoolboy hero and I felt so devastated that night. Absolutely destroyed.

minter was a great guy and a bloody good boxer BUT not prepared for hagler i never did see alan again after that one,wonder what he does now??

minter was a great guy and a bloody good boxer BUT not prepared for hagler i never did see alan again after that one,wonder what he does now??

I understand he retired back to Crawley after the loss to Sibbo. I dont think he was ever the same after Hagler as he had 3 fights after, the last two being losses to Hamsho and Sibbo. Both very decent but in his day i think he would have trounced both.

Looked up Wiki and he still lives in Sussex but in Littlehampton now. It says he does the lecture and and after dinner speaking in Partnership with Jim Watt who, ironically, I did add in my "best" fights posts for that bizarre finish against O'Grady.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I understand he retired back to Crawley after the loss to Sibbo. I dont think he was ever the same after Hagler as he had 3 fights after, the last two being losses to Hamsho and Sibbo. Both very decent but in his day i think he would have trounced both.

Looked up Wiki and he still lives in Sussex but in Littlehampton now. It says he does the lecture and and after dinner speaking in Partnership with Jim Watt who, ironically, I did add in my "best" fights posts for that bizarre finish against O'Grady.

cheers mate and yes the liecestershire bull sibbo another highly popular boxer, jim watt too but to this day i LOVED BENN from begining to end!  keep em comin boys

mmmm something a bit whiffy in your reply ??

LMFAO. Smelly kippers! Nice pun. I should have thought of that myself.

cheers mate and yes the liecestershire bull sibbo another highly popular boxer, jim watt too but to this day i LOVED BENN from begining to end!  keep em comin boys

I'll throw another Thai fighter's name out there if it's OK with the Saman Sorjaturong - Humberto "Chiquita' Gonzalez fight.

An unheralded boxer from Thailand  comes to the USA to take on Gonzalez at the Great Western Forum near LA. A classic USA fight venue. Sorjaturong pulls off an amazing upset and the fight itself was Ring Magazine's fight of the year. Great action fight with both fighters tasting the canvas. I'm pretty sure this is the only time a Thai challenger has come to the USA and won a world championship here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=4SorE2SzmCQ

I'll throw another Thai fighter's name out there if it's OK with the Saman Sorjaturong - Humberto "Chiquita' Gonzalez fight.

An unheralded boxer from Thailand  comes to the USA to take on Gonzalez at the Great Western Forum near LA. A classic USA fight venue. Sorjaturong pulls off an amazing upset and the fight itself was Ring Magazine's fight of the year. Great action fight with both fighters tasting the canvas. I'm pretty sure this is the only time a Thai challenger has come to the USA and won a world championship here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=4SorE2SzmCQ

HEY bgtp what a great fight! i forgot about my throbing gout thru out the tearup sojaturongs body movement and use of the ring was excellent both guys very tough nuts hope other will enjoy here too thanks buddy!

Cheers

John

PS

you can associate boxing with anything else, but if i understand well, it mean that your friend was , or still be an actual boxer, but he was working in industry at the same time right?

i'm not sure to have fully understand the relation between this two different world, but yes, it can be, anyway a boxer not born as a boxer, and, often, before to be famous or tryin to got some money, he will still make his job and continue is life.

i'm not a pro boxer, i was a semi-pro few years ago in my country, but now in thai just training hard because i love it, but also make some fight sometimes and see till where i can go.

but keep my place and my job . but i have a little bit the same life as your friend, as now i'm not in issan :)

"If everything is gotten dreamily, it will go away dreamily too"

"Flattering words are but honey-coated poison."

"Light dispels darkness. Wisdom dispels ignorance"

Thai Quotes - Chiang Mai Temples

@Hildon

Hi. As you presumed, my pal was a well known amateur boxer, and an Olympic try-out. That was what brought it all to mind.

I always enjoy your many excellent posts.

Cheers

John

going back to hildons reply  the word peekaboo is the same as Jatay in thai its a bit like hide and seek with hands and face for the kids   not booing to be angry

• 2 weeks later...

error on youtube my end but what a stormer! and what about the ref! terrific mover ha!

Barrera and Morales had a few good fights, three in total I think and they really didn't like each other.

Beat me to it mentioning this series of fights. They produced three brilliant fights and I think the fact they loathed each other just added spice.

I came, I saw, I mongered!

Beat me to it mentioning this series of fights. They produced three brilliant fights and I think the fact they loathed each other just added spice.

thanks they wear good tear ups maybe we should move on from 25 years into some realy top fights looming to the end of this year and i cant wait to see foch again UK what a bout thats gonna be! as well as floyd dodger and soon after pacman and also the young russian killer whose name escapes me as i write a devastating body puncher!

Archived