IGNORED

Best steak in Pattaya?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/10/2018 at 15:07, Kreggerz said:

I regret to report that the items on this separate special steak set menu are not included in any eatigo.com discount. There was a warning on their website though about only the regular full menu being covered and separate in house promotions weren't. But I went and it's a definite no.

I was going to try out Steak and Co during this visit but it looks to be low on peoples recomendations.

Last time I was here I went to News Steaks & Grill on Thappraya Road.  I couldn't fault anything about the food or the place.

Patricks Belgium restaurant looks a good place to try.

On 11/14/2017 at 19:27, friskygm said:

Very old thread, but I am particularly interested in the best steak in Patts. I'll likely only grab one while I'm there, so it will be a gamble based on the recommendations of you fine gentlemen.

If you are interested in top quality beef. Take a look at the following:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/309611-au-bon-coin/

Go down to Socrates' post.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/315657-cafe-des-amis/

Go to my post on January 23rd

Also, although I have never tried the steak there, several persons have told me that the "Royal Cliff Grill Room" is the best.

All of these are more expensive places.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2018 at 06:06, Pole said:

I was going to try out Steak and Co during this visit but it looks to be low on peoples recomendations.

Steak and Co. has very good steaks unless things have changed dramatically in the 5 or so months since I was last there.  You will not be disappointed going there.  It can be expensive, but any good steak place will be, but I'd recommend checking out their special board and going on a day that matches what you'd like to eat.  The specials are a good deal.

That said you will also probably like Patrick's or Beefeaters.  You can't go wrong with any of them.  If you are there long enough try all of them and let us know what you think. 

9 hours ago, superdaws said:

Steak and Co. has very good steaks ........

That said you will also probably like Patrick's or Beefeaters.  ......

Agreed - I would rate these three as very good for the mid-price range. Davidge seems to also like Hemingway's, which I have not tried on their Steak Night.

I would say of the three in the mid-price range, I like Steak and Co. the best, but it is very close.

All that said, increasingly I do not eat much steak. I seem to have become a lighter fare guy (Fish, Chicken, Salads, some Pork). I have lost 5 kilos doing so.

8 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Agreed - I would rate these three as very good for the mid-price range. Davidge seems to also like Hemingway's, which I have not tried on their Steak Night.

I would say of the three in the mid-price range, I like Steak and Co. the best, but it is very close.

All that said, increasingly I do not eat much steak. I seem to have become a lighter fare guy (Fish, Chicken, Salads, some Pork). I have lost 5 kilos doing so.

Hemingway’s isn’t close to Patrick’s in quality but it’s decent value for what you get and I don’t have to travel far to eat there :-)

I had a disappointing experience at Beefeater and a very disappointing experience at Steak & Co, so Patrick’s is my go to place for a more expensive (for me!) Steak.

I don’t eat steak that often in Pattaya - maybe once or twice during a month’s stay.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

3 hours ago, davidge said:

Hemingway’s isn’t close to Patrick’s in quality but it’s decent value for what you get and I don’t have to travel far to eat there :-)

I had a disappointing experience at Beefeater and a very disappointing experience at Steak & Co, so Patrick’s is my go to place for a more expensive (for me!) Steak.

I don’t eat steak that often in Pattaya - maybe once or twice during a month’s stay.

I think we have gone over this once or twice before so I will not belabor the issue.

I tried Patrick's the other night for the first time. I was not all that impressed, but it was decent for the price range.

I have been having lunch at Hemingway's once a week or so. It is a very convenient location for myself as well. I do like their Cesar's Salad with grilled chicken. My tour guide likes it as well. I think it is the crumbled bacon we both like. However, some of the menu items (Ham and Cheese on Whole Wheat for one) leave a little to be desired.

Came up with a new moderately priced restaurant the other night. I will put up a post tomorrow.

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

I have been having lunch at Hemingway's once a week or so. It is a very convenient location for myself as well. I do like their Cesar's Salad with grilled chicken. My tour guide likes it as well. I think it is the crumbled bacon we both like. However, some of the menu items (Ham and Cheese on Whole Wheat for one) leave a little to be desired.

Came up with a new moderately priced restaurant the other night. I will put up a post tomorrow.

Agree that Hemingway’s can be a bit hit & miss. I’ve had decent dishes there and a couple that left a lot to be desired. A reasonable option for the area though, and they do a good pint.

Always left happy from Beefeaters. Aussie steaks or ribs you cant go wrong. 

On 3/10/2018 at 01:26, timm said:

Patricks Steakhouse

US Prime Tenderloin  250 gr 

Probably the best in Pta now

Where is Patricks

3 hours ago, robert said:

Where is Patricks

In the plaza across Second Road from Mike’s, close to Soi Diana.

640B83A2-ED53-40CB-8319-8E4CF4ED32C1.thumb.jpeg.cd9d2515a1a5bb0c0cfaaca394e7761c.jpeg

I once went to a DS restaurant with low cost steaks, steak, chips, salad big Leo all good and not expensive then a huge rat ran one meter from my foot.  I haven't been back since.  

For an inexpensive alternative I've always gone to Diana Dragon Restaurant towards the very top of Soi Diana. They have a very tasty Fillet Mignon and a trio of meat BBQ for about 250 baht 

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

On 4/2/2018 at 11:36, superdaws said:

Steak and Co. has very good steaks unless things have changed dramatically in the 5 or so months since I was last there.  You will not be disappointed going there.  It can be expensive, but any good steak place will be, but I'd recommend checking out their special board and going on a day that matches what you'd like to eat.  The specials are a good deal.

That said you will also probably like Patrick's or Beefeaters.  You can't go wrong with any of them.  If you are there long enough try all of them and let us know what you think. 

had 3 excellent steaks for our party 3 weeks ago at steak and co ...all cooked as ordered (fillet angus)

• 4 weeks later...

Patrick’s is being totally refurbished so is closed for the month of May.

I look forward to seeing the new decor in July when I arrive. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2018 at 13:40, davidge said:

In the plaza across Second Road from Mike’s, close to Soi Diana.

640B83A2-ED53-40CB-8319-8E4CF4ED32C1.thumb.jpeg.cd9d2515a1a5bb0c0cfaaca394e7761c.jpeg

it's off the menu right now.

5afd22462ae5e_may15006(Custom).JPG.6c8b62119c6201dd839e1b4831d55496.JPG

pic taken may 15th

1 hour ago, striderman said:

it's off the menu right now.

5afd22462ae5e_may15006(Custom).JPG.6c8b62119c6201dd839e1b4831d55496.JPG

pic taken may 15th

Yes, as I said in post before yours, it’s being refurbished and is due to open again beginning of June. As I’m not there until July, it should just about be ready for me to see it :rolleyes:

You are best to save your money and have your steak at home.  The problem with the steak here is that because it is imported IT IS FROZEN and the steak places in Pattaya are charging you the same price or more than you pay at home for a friggin frozen steak.  Would you go to a steak place at home if they advertised "100 percent frozen beef"?  The steak is never the same once it is frozen.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 13:56, davidge said:

Yes, as I said in post before yours, it’s being refurbished and is due to open again beginning of June. As I’m not there until July, it should just about be ready for me to see it :rolleyes:

it was open sunday when i walked by. looked like they had done a good job

Less choices for a while... From their FB page...

Beefeater steak house in Pattaya

17 hrs ·

!!Closed for maintenances and repair !
To all our Valued customers Beefeater will be closed starting 05 of June - 20 of June. 2018
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope to see you soon !!

I tried Steak and Co in April and it was very good

They have a great menu with lot's of choices

I decided to give the wagyu beef a try and did not regret it.  it literally melted in my mouth.  Probably some of the best beef I have ever had.

I thought the place was better than Patricks and Beefeater which were not bad

The prices were pretty decent as well.

On 5/17/2018 at 13:56, davidge said:

5b171dc604037_5june001(Custom).JPG.4550db81aefbc39c55e7f8c99b748ef9.JPG

5b171ddc75781_5june002(Custom).JPG.f1deee88c4997110ca7ab4f8f8999055.JPG

We have eaten steak in the following places in the last month. In order of quality;

1st. Patricks Belgium restaurant (opposite Beefeater)
2nd. The kitchen (second road)
3rd. Beefeaters. 
4th. Steak and Co 
No matter what 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, would have been
10th. Livv

2.the kitchen... biggest dissapointment of my life , went 3 times because it was close to vt6.
Every time crap , me and my friend walked out with a emty stomack every time.
Worst restaurant i have ever been to.
Steaks are real crap!.
Never again.
How someone can put them in second place is beond me.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, sirmaxextra said:

2.the kitchen... biggest dissapointment of my life , went 3 times because it was close to vt6.
Every time crap , me and my friend walked out with a emty stomack every time.
Worst restaurant i have ever been to.
Steaks are real crap!.
Never again.
How someone can put them in second place is beond me.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hi, it was easy to place them in 2nd place at the time of writing, unfortunately,:D establishments including restaurants can change swiftly in Pattaya and the kitchen was no exception. 

How someone can eat there 3 times when their experience was crap the first time is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Archived