Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best steak in Pattaya?

Why go Thailand do eat western food?

Sorry couldn't help.... :-)

I do not go to Thailand to eat western food.  

I do not go to Thailand to eat Thai food. (although it is one of the reasons I tell my family)

I go to Thailand to bang Thai women, 2-3 a day if possible. 

I can not bang 40+ Thai women in 28 nights here in the US, so I make sure I do that when I'm there.

I can eat Thai food every night here in the US, and good Thai food at that. 

Like I said in my original post, I like to take a break from eating Thai food every once in a while, and I like to do that with steak. :) 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being an Aussie,im not gonna cry if my steak isnt world class.i dontgo to Patts for a steak! If i wanted an good old steak,i would havegoneto The Gold Coast Queensland and paid $40rip off dollars for some under cooked Eye Fillet.My experience in Patts,only been there 11 times though,so im guesing that doesn make me an expert,but gee guys,im really happy with Witherspoons next to Oasis Agogo,or even Robins nest has a decent banger of a steak.there is also the open side restaurant at the corner of soi Dianna and second road,right opposite Mikes Mall,but thats just my taste,

i wet to sizzlers a couple of days ago and ordered  a pork chop.... it was quite awesome actually,,,

they're on the the third floor of the shopping mall that has the ripplyes believe it or not  shows...  not sure of the malls name.... anyway it was very delicious!

also as a budget priced steak..... Pattaya Beer garden also I;ve found to be quite good for the price as well.

It is the Central Festival Mall, I have a steak there once and it sucked. They were also extremely rude to the TG I took there to point where she was almost in tears.

i wet to sizzlers a couple of days ago and ordered  a pork chop.... it was quite awesome actually,,,

they're on the the third floor of the shopping mall that has the ripplyes believe it or not  shows...  not sure of the malls name.... anyway it was very delicious!

also as a budget priced steak..... Pattaya Beer garden also I;ve found to be quite good for the price as well.

It is the Central Festival Mall, I have a steak there once and it sucked. They were also extremely rude to the TG I took there to point where she was almost in tears.

Personally, never been, but I think the Sizzler that florry is referring to is in Royal Garden Plaza, not Central Festival.  That is the shopping center with the Ripley's in it, and I recall there being a Sizzler in it.

A little off the original question, but if you want to find a steak house in Thailand that comes close to Ruth's Chris, then the steak house on top on the Landmark Hotel in Bangkok would be my choice. Imported aged Angus and Kobe beef, great atmosphere and view, very expensive !

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d1806794-r130556662-Rib_Room_Bar-Bangkok.html

I have to agree that Landmark in BKK has fantastic steaks. I have been two times for special occasions but i usually pay 4 times more than i do at Beefeater in Pattaya who is resonably priced for a good steak . The steaks are fantastic at Landmark but not 4 times as good but we are talking deluxe dining compared to a good restuarant and you cant really compare the two. I have never tried the 5000 bath Kobe at Landmark ,  must be a religious experience.

Beefeater is my choice in Pattaya, iam regualar and always end up there in between my thai meals. The swedish lunch specials during the week are also really good by the way, not just for us scandinavians. Another tip is the "Beef Rydberg"  a deluxe hash with filet migon that you mix up yourself on the plate , really good , really good.

Besides the steak, my favorite thing in beefeaters is nachomacho! I go there and just have that, it's great.

A little off the original question, but if you want to find a steak house in Thailand that comes close to Ruth's Chris, then the steak house on top on the Landmark Hotel in Bangkok would be my choice. Imported aged Angus and Kobe beef, great atmosphere and view, very expensive !

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d1806794-r130556662-Rib_Room_Bar-Bangkok.html

I practically lived at Ruth's Chris in Denver when I lived there… delish, and very a la carte…

Personally, never been, but I think the Sizzler that florry is referring to is in Royal Garden Plaza, not Central Festival.  That is the shopping center with the Ripley's in it, and I recall there being a Sizzler in it.

There is a Sizzler in the Central Festival, one floor down from the theatre and on that end… if I recall, it was pretty good for a chain. 

Like OP I could give a flying fuck about that rabbit food the Thais eat. I love the bumberstickers in Queensland which read "This is cattle country so eat beef you bastards!".  

Beefeaters and Benihana are top of the heap for sure. Sizzlers does NOT make the cut as it is not that much cheaper than Beefeaters and a big step down in quality.   Manhattans is good but pricey also. 

Really MUST try Benihana's at Royal garden on top floor. Its awesome, About 50$ including rice, miso soup and desert etc.  Wagyu (aka "Kove" beef) is more BUT it is an acquired taste, very fatty. Lots of flavor, but few roundeye would see the value.  The Top sirloin is under 1500 Baht and damn tasty, melts in your mouth really as they sear it then cut into small cubes with their ginzu knives. 

One other MUST TRY in Jomtien;  the French place Au bon coin, but the item is called roast beef with potatoes au gratin. Only has it on Saturdays or special occasions, call ahead to ask Josee, but Michellin star level French cuisine on Pratumnak hill!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d1893552-Reviews-Au_Bon_Coin-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

One more is Infiniti  at the Sheraton resort also on Pratumnak hill. We had the gourmet hamburger which was excellent (read it was rated top burger in pattaya on trip advisor) but at dinner they have steak.   Cheesburger has bacon and onion rings and home cut fries included. (Pictured below)

Anybody tried the churrasco (Brazilian BBQ) on beach road side of Central festival? REAL churassco is awesome, all you can eat of dozens of different types of meat from hot skewers brought to your table. Carnivore's delight.    

Fogo de Chao on Flamengo in Vegas is the bomb, right next door to Lawry's the Prime Rib which is also the bomb. 

Not in Patts but if you ever get to Makati in the PI  the Angus Prime Rib at Outback Steakhouse is OUTSTANDING, flown in direct from Brisbane by the Ozzie owner. 

A bit farther afied in Colombo Sri Lanka the beef fondue and also the rack of lamb at Chesa Swissis among the best in the World.

I love Ruth Chris' too but there are some other contenders for the hearts of carnivores. 

mini-IMG_1362.JPG

mini-IMG_1363.JPG

mini-IMG_1364.JPG

Wmini-IMG_1372.JPG

mini-IMG_1369.JPG

mini-IMG_1358.JPG

IMG_1370.JPG

Ashamed of my true nationality at present so I am temporarily flying the flag of the Kiwi Republic (wanted the All Black's flag-Black background with the Silver Fern- but not an option on the board software so Jacinda's Standard will have to do.  

Could well be, but given my experience in other one I won't be going there either.

Thanks, I will definitely try those out. I love a good Brazilian Steak house too, I'll give that a look. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Thai food, the spicier the better. Some crispy pork with sticky rice, or any kind of street food really. Sometimes I just need a break.

Not sure where you are in the US, but the one of the best steaks I've ever had was at Pappas Brothers in Dallas Texas. I go there whenever I am in Dallas at a cowgirls game. Also there are man yin NYC that I like to go to including Ruths Chris and Keens by MSG.

Thanks, I will definitely try those out. I love a good Brazilian Steak house too, I'll give that a look. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Thai food, the spicier the better. Some crispy pork with sticky rice, or any kind of street food really. Sometimes I just need a break.

Not sure where you are in the US, but the one of the best steaks I've ever had was at Pappas Brothers in Dallas Texas. I go there whenever I am in Dallas at a cowgirls game. Also there are man yin NYC that I like to go to including Ruths Chris and Keens by MSG.

Pappas Bros has some damn good steaks -- I'd be blown away if I could find anything remotely comparable in Thailand.

I'm a fan of Ruths Chris, but there are many other options that I prefer here in LA (Maestros, for example) and in Las Vegas (Smith & Wollensky; Del Frisco's Double Eagle, to name just 2).  I'd opt for Pappas Bros or The Palm over Ruths Chris, too. 

I am really aiming to try Beefeaters on my next trip.  I planned to do it on my last 2 trips, but we all know how "plans" work out in Pattaya....

Ruth's Chris

Ruth's Chris

Pappas Bros

Pappas Bros

Beefeaters

beefeaters

My ex TGF has rubbed off on me as far as taking pictures of my food.....

Beefeater is my choice in Pattaya, iam regualar and always end up there in between my thai meals. The swedish lunch specials during the week are also really good by the way, not just for us scandinavians. Another tip is the "Beef Rydberg"  a deluxe hash with filet migon that you mix up yourself on the plate , really good , really good.

Thanks for the tip.  Sounds awesome.  I'm from Chicago, which is known for some of the best steakhouses in the world, but this Beef Rydberg is something I can't get there.

My ex TGF has rubbed off on me as far as taking pictures of my food.....

Haha.  Asians love taking pics of food almost as much as they enjoy karaoke.

I have to agree that Landmark in BKK has fantastic steaks. I have been two times for special occasions but i usually pay 4 times more than i do at Beefeater in Pattaya who is resonably priced for a good steak . The steaks are fantastic at Landmark but not 4 times as good but we are talking deluxe dining compared to a good restuarant and you cant really compare the two. I have never tried the 5000 bath Kobe at Landmark ,  must be a religious experience.

Thanks for the tips.

• 2 weeks later...

For me I love Texas de Brazil, eaten at their Orlando & Tampa locations, amazing Brazilian BBQ

Millard, was over for the Ryder cup, stayed in Hilton about 10 min outside Medinah that had a fantastic steakhouse who also had a location in downtown, can't remember the name but was amazing.

Back here I the UK it's either Hawksmore or Gaucho Grill

• 2 weeks later...

I tried out Akvavit in Jomtien today (on the beach road at the entrance of soi 3): Had a 200g fillet of aussie beef, fried potatoes, red wine sauce for 790 THB. 

Impressions:

- Service was simply excellent. Very attentive and friendly/smiling without being overbearing.. 

- Steak ordered "medium rare" arrived "rare". This was however promptly fixed when pointed out. Taste: 4 out of 5

- Red wine sauce: 4.5 out of 5

- Fried potato slices: 5 out of 5

- Desert: Apple pie with vanilla sauce: 4 out of 5 (not very crispy, but unlike other places it was also not insanely sweet)

- Food presentation: 5

- The restaurant is semi-open/outdoors. There are fans, but it does get a bit warm.

All in all, this is a 4.5 out of 5 for me, and I will probably be back.

There is a Sizzler in both.  And neither are very good.  Tiny portions and most people just go there for the all-you-can-eat salad bar.

try kor moo yang if you haven't already ["bbq" pig neck]. Isaan street food. Not a main meal but good.

There is a Sizzler in both...(snip) Royal Garden and Central Beach (snip)...most people just go there for the all-you-can-eat salad bar.

Yup--but not *just*. It's an excellent, reasonably priced (189 baht) salad bar and includes good soup and not-so-good pasta. Many different prepared salads as well as blue cheese dressing, balsamic vinegar, parmesan and other cheese, boiled quail eggs, and on and on...

If you love a good salad, it's one of the top places to go.

• 4 years later...

Very old thread, but I am particularly interested in the best steak in Patts. I'll likely only grab one while I'm there, so it will be a gamble based on the recommendations of you fine gentlemen.

Where would you go? I've read through this thread, and glanced over Beefeaters own, larger thread, but ultimately it is years old and I don't know how applicable it is today.

Where can I find the best steak in Patts? Thanks!

EDIT: I should mention I've been looking at http://newssteaks.com/food-menu/ and it looks good, decent reviews on here, too - what do you think?

We have eaten steak in the following places in the last month. In order of quality;

1st. Patricks Belgium restaurant (opposite Beefeater)

2nd. The kitchen (second road)

3rd. Beefeaters. 

4th. Steak and Co 

No matter what 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, would have been

10th. Livv

Archived