Mr T Taxi - Problems?

999Baht

Used mr t many times and no problems.

The driver was ok and also the car.

Thx mr T taxi

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I wrote in another thread. Mrt T, PT and Meow are related and do share drivers. Thats what two drivers said on my last visit in May. I booked with Meow as usual but the driver talked about "big Boss Mr T" as he was talking to him on the phone.

If that is so they have a big chunk of the market in Pattaya.

Ok. English is not my first language but if i wrote in Swedish not many would understand.

How much difference is there if I just get a taxi from the counter at dmk?

How much difference is there if I just get a taxi from the counter at dmk?

.. to me, the difference is not really the cost (which might be the cost of a beer, if you do not get rat-fucked) .. the difference is the risk of a hassle-free trip to your destination .. the reason agencies like Mr. T have a booming business is because the travelers here screamed for something better than the public taxis provide .. and for good reasons.

• For many public taxi drivers, Pattaya is not their town .. they can get you to Pattaya, but have no idea about where your hotel is located .. be ready to navigate .. and, of course, to pay extra .. "Oh, you hotel long, long way .. you pay more/"
  • The scam plays by Thai taxi drivers go on, and on .. what started as an agreed price at the airport, is not so acceptable when halfway to Pattaya and they stop on the side of the road (implying they are prepared to dump you) and come at you with: "Oh, trip Pattaya take long, long time .. bad traffic .. you pay more" .. you are then at a distinct disadvantage, in the middle of Nakhon Nowhere and a snowball's chance in hell of finding another taxi.
  • I read of taxi drivers who take passengers out of the terminal and then stop at an underpass close to the airport where they come up with some lame-assed horse shit excuse why they can't go to Pattaya, and then pan you off on another taxi driver waiting there who renegotiates the deal, for which the driver who collected you from the airport receives his commission.
  • Thai taxi drivers are notorious for being untraceable when problems arise .. with an agent, they are.

.. Uber and EasyTaxi have arrived in Thailand, and are creating a huge stir amongst taxi drivers .. and for good reason .. I have not used them myself, but friends say they provide higher service than the taxis who do not rise to the challenge of a better mouse trap .. build a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path to your door.

.. book a car .. an easy call.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

.. to me, the difference is not really the cost (which might be the cost of a beer, if you do not get rat-fucked) .. the difference is the risk of a hassle-free trip to your destination .. the reason agencies like Mr. T have a booming business is because the travelers here screamed for something better than the public taxis provide .. and for good reasons.

• For many public taxi drivers, Pattaya is not their town .. they can get you to Pattaya, but have no idea about where your hotel is located .. be ready to navigate .. and, of course, to pay extra .. "Oh, you hotel long, long way .. you pay more/"
  • The scam plays by Thai taxi drivers go on, and on .. what started as an agreed price at the airport, is not so acceptable when halfway to Pattaya and they stop on the side of the road (implying they are prepared to dump you) and come at you with: "Oh, trip Pattaya take long, long time .. bad traffic .. you pay more" .. you are then at a distinct disadvantage, in the middle of Nakhon Nowhere and a snowball's chance in hell of finding another taxi.
  • I read of taxi drivers who take passengers out of the terminal and then stop at an underpass close to the airport where they come up with some lame-assed horse shit excuse why they can't go to Pattaya, and then pan you off on another taxi driver waiting there who renegotiates the deal, for which the driver who collected you from the airport receives his commission.
  • Thai taxi drivers are notorious for being untraceable when problems arise .. with an agent, they are.
.. Uber and EasyTaxi have arrived in Thailand, and are creating huge stir by taxi drivers .. and for good reason .. build a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path tio you door .. book a car .. an easy call.

Ok thanks for that will avoid them in future and only go with agency drivers.

.. to me, the difference is not really the cost (which might be the cost of a beer, if you do not get rat-fucked) .. the difference is the risk of a hassle-free trip to your destination .. the reason agencies like Mr. T have a booming business is because the travelers here screamed for something better than the public taxis provide .. and for good reasons.

• For many public taxi drivers, Pattaya is not their town .. they can get you to Pattaya, but have no idea about where your hotel is located .. be ready to navigate .. and, of course, to pay extra .. "Oh, you hotel long, long way .. you pay more/"
  • The scam plays by Thai taxi drivers go on, and on .. what started as an agreed price at the airport, is not so acceptable when halfway to Pattaya and they stop on the side of the road (implying they are prepared to dump you) and come at you with: "Oh, trip Pattaya take long, long time .. bad traffic .. you pay more" .. you are then at a distinct disadvantage, in the middle of Nakhon Nowhere and a snowball's chance in hell of finding another taxi.
  • I read of taxi drivers who take passengers out of the terminal and then stop at an underpass close to the airport where they come up with some lame-assed horse shit excuse why they can't go to Pattaya, and then pan you off on another taxi driver waiting there who renegotiates the deal, for which the driver who collected you from the airport receives his commission.

.. Uber and EasyTaxi have arrived in Thailand, and are creating a huge stir amongst taxi drivers .. and for good reason .. I have used them nyself, but friends say they provide higher service than the taxis who do not rise to the challenge of a better mouse trap .. build a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path to your door.

.. book a car .. an easy call.

Also meter taxis don't have seatbelts in the back seats.

12 Pints in Know it all

On my lightning 3 day visit last weekend, i booked Meow to and from the airport. Very comfortable, modern cars and the drivers were fantastic. On arrival at Swampy, i was 2 hours late and they were still there. Got down to Patts in just over 1 hour!!

On the way back to Bangkok - don mueang, i was picked up at 4 am and the journey took just over 90 mins. Very pleased with their service

Good to hear Russ...I just booked with Mr T for my trip in a couple of weeks. Email confirmation received in under 24 hours

On 13 June my EVA flight was 1 hour late from Taipei and the driver was there waiting for me at 3am. On the drive to Patts there was sporadic heavy rain and he drove very safe IMO. Good experience and will use Mr T again on future trips 

• 2 weeks later...

Used Mr T services last month when I left Patts V good service

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if PT Taxi is still going? I sent an email to Mr T but no reply since Sunday morning.

I've had consistent good luck with Mr. Keak at

http://www.pattaya-taxi.com/index.html

I've used his service at least 25 times with never a problem, as recently as 5 days ago. He responds promptly to email, and his drivers are always waiting for me at Swampy or at my hotel for the return trip. He now charges 1000 or 1100 baht, including tolls.

After 25 hours of travel, it's great to know that a dependable driver is waiting for you at gate 3 with your name on a sign.

• 5 weeks later...

I have used Mr T, P.T Taxi and Meow on the last visit.....all good and a bit of a gamble who shows up as Meow picked us up and we had a great drive in her big new car. On return we got a contractor with a standard car....

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

I have used Mr T, P.T Taxi and Meow on the last visit.....all good and a bit of a gamble who shows up as Meow picked us up and we had a great drive in her big new car. On return we got a contractor with a standard car....

Always put in your confirmation email that you Want a camry

I used Mr T on my first and only visit, and it was fine. No issues at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Used Mr T 4 times in September.
Airport - Pattaya
Pattaya - Bangkok hotel
Bangkok hotel - pattaya
Pattaya to airport

All cars were very nice, driver who initially took us to pattaya, and picked us up and took us back to the airport (same guy.. what are the odds!) was a cool guy
would use again, thats for sure

I've had consistent good luck with Mr. Keak at

http://www.pattaya-taxi.com/index.html

I've used his service at least 25 times with never a problem, as recently as 5 days ago. He responds promptly to email, and his drivers are always waiting for me at Swampy or at my hotel for the return trip. He now charges 1000 or 1100 baht, including tolls.

After 25 hours of travel, it's great to know that a dependable driver is waiting for you at gate 3 with your name on a sign.

I have using his company services for many years, prompt on time pick up and drop. Just came back from Pattaya yesterday, still charges 1000 Baht, might increase 100 Baht in coming months. Mr. Keak/Virat has more than 20 cars with them. Sometimes, they even sent bigger vehicles for same price. Enjoy the ride.

Had never a problem, used Mr T many times. But it depends all on the driver.  I had some driving slo, also had once a cowboy, and once only a nice woman. Oh yeah and once he picked up a friend and they were chatting in front. Never bothered me., But once or twice, not such a good car.

I had my girlfriend call to ask for pickup about a week ago, one day in advance of our arrival. For the first time, I was told there simply wasn't any cars available! Fair enough, but I have had cars before with only a few hours notice, and I was under the impression that Mr. T pretty much controlled the Bangkok - Pattaya taxi services, so they would just send the job to one of his colleagues, if they themselves were not available?

Also a lot of the cars seem to be pretty worn - those old Toyota Altis he's running, are misfiring and rumbling like hell.

Anyway, my girlfriend instead booked Ann's Taxi Service, which was just fine. A lady driver, which drove much less hectic than most thai male drivers... A nice change, and at the same price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stopped using Mr T about 4 months ago after using him for 2 years,

Now there're always late which is not to much of a problem going to Pattaya but a bit worrying when going the other way to catch a flight.

The drivers where always stopping for LPG and a couple of times when I was picked up at the airport I was asked if I could share with someone as they over booked

it's just the luck of the draw, those drivers are independent and on call for whoever tells them they have a fare.

Archived