IGNORED

Mr T Taxi - Problems?

999Baht

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have used Mr T for over 8 years. Never had a problem.  This past Dec he had more clients than taxis and had to turn away a few bookings.  Last Nov called him at 6:00am told my GF had messed up and I needed a taxi at 7am.  The taxi was there on time. Great service.

Daylight was something God made so that life was not one endless party.

Nutosf

Used Mr T a couple of weeks ago.

Sent an email a few days in advance and got a reply the next day (time difference). No problems. Driver was waiting at the airport and called me while I was waiting for my bags to say where he was.

Same for the pickup going to the airport.

Never had any problems. 900B to bkk, 1000B from bkk airport.

No matter where you go, there you are....

Booked mr t for April, have to keep a eye on this thread, cheers

I booked yesterday for April 23rd. He answered within hours asking for my flight number.  :GoldenSmile1: 

Thanks for all the comments and recommendations guys. 

After sending another email after posting this thread I received the confirmation email the next day so will go with Mr T again this time as I've never had a problem at the pick-up stage of the process. 

Are you sure you sent it to the right email address?

[email protected]

Sure did mate...I use the service regularly so it's actually in my email address book. 

Was in his office the other day just off soi Diana opposite Areca lodge, so defo open and not really busy, though phone buzzing quite a lot.

Cannot understand why they should not answer e mail

Never really had a problem with the service but plenty of other services about 1000 baht airport to Pat. 900 baht Pattaya to SWAMPY. Think was 1000 or 1200 to Don Muang

Thanks for checking it out...I am glad that the office is still open and it's business as usual (mostly)

999 -  just send him another email,   see what happens

Done! The 2nd time it was about a 20hour turn around until the reply. Thanks. 

Everything is now set for Sunday!

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

i use PT taxi on third road. they have a farang who helps with the reservations..

I used mr.t taxi on my return from pattaya to airport DEC 2012 driver turned up on time as arranged no problem.

Have used him a few times in the last 4 years without any issues.

Once i sent him email did not get reply so i phoned him a couple of days after i had sent email, i informed him i have sent email but have not received reply he confirmed my booking on the phone and then also sent me email confirming my booking with pick up details.

It took me over an hour clearing passport control and collecting my baggage once but the driver was still waiting for me at meeting point no problem.

Maybe you can try phoning him and explain to him you have sent email.

Last week I booked Mr. T for April. Quick and clear replies to my email. No problems so far...

The future is full of anxiety, the past is no good to us. Only the present is real. The here and now. Seize the day!!!

Out of interest does Mr T use a yahoo email address?

Hotmail.

i used his services two times in the past with no problem, booked him again for the 25/3.

Mr. T taxi service was excellent in the past. Sorry to hear that individuals had some problems. I would prefer him again for my next trip in Patts in May. If I can not get a mail back, will try Tan's service.

I,ve used Mr T 7 or 8 times in the last few years and only had one time when the taxi didn,t turn up and I suspect that I got the e-mail address wrong that time.  Every time I had a safe, reliable trip. I think if you get a confirmation e-mail within 24hrs there isn,t much more you can do, so I hope it,s just a temporary problem as I,ll be going again in a few months.

i just used Mr T on my recent visit 2 weeks ago, pick up from Bangkok airport and taking me to Pattaya was 1000 baht, the driver was there waiting for me, nice vehicle, no issues and from my hotel in Pattaya to Bangkok airport was 900 baht, the driver was on time, no issues, nice vehicle...i will DEFINITELY use Mr. T again.

i used Mr. T on my first trip to Pattaya.. my flight was delayed an hour... called him, he told me its okay... clearing immigration took awhile.. I was scared my driver was going to just leave but when I got to waiting area 3... he was there and I asked him how long did he wait for... 45 minutes.. even though it wasn't my fault, I tipped him 100 baht. After my holiday was over, used Mr. T to drive me to airport.. the driver was early by 15 minutes.. really nice car... but the driver (a lady) started playing some really old sad songs that made leaving Pattaya exponentially worse, almost teared up. 555. 

You can try Tan via http://www.tanstaxi.com

She is a bit more expensive but is a very safe driver and speaks great English.

The testimonials on her site are all genuine ones from PA members and can be checked by clicking the links.

I have just booked with her the price is not so important than the service, She promptly replied to  my request and gave me all the details of where she will be at airport and also her phone number.

\shall see how it pans out on 2nd May

I know many people here have had good service with him, but I had nothing but problems (no shows at airport). When I eventually got a hold of him and told him I used another driver, he got very angry and basically threatened the other driver.  I stopped using him a while ago.

Man I'm going next month to pattaya I always use mr t taxi I hope all is well

Hi I used his service on thursday booked it by email on the Monday I was called by the driver earlier in the evening to confirm and was collected on time with out any problems

I think some of the problems people face with the driver not turning up at the airport is because they don't know where to look after getting off the plane.

Never had a problem myself but I did have to call him once and he said the driver was just parking up. I've used him 6 times to and from the airport without any problems. Touch wood it will be the same in two days time.

I also had problems initially contacting Mr T recently, but he eventually got in touch with me 5-6 days later--though this was somewhat unusual since previously he usually got back with me w/in hours of my request.  I hope that recent reports of his business going downhill are exaggerated since I have arranged for airport pick up tomorrow night.  I will give an update should things go awry.

As an update, Mr T's driver showed up as promised, though I swear that he arrived a little late...took a couple of passes where Mr T said his driver would be and didn't see him.  So changed $ and looked for sim card so could contact Mr T, as he said to call him if I had any problems.  Decided to take another walk by the area b4 calling Mr T and found the driver holding up the sign--he was driving like a mad man but got me to PTY in record time...

It appears that the airport runs are no longer as easy and as simple for the operators as previously. Talking with some taxi owner drivers, they have loads of hassle with police at the aiport and can be fined substantially if stopped by the police. This is deterring many taxi guys. I think you will find at some point in the near future we will all be dropped in the car park as opposed to drop down area of departures.

How much are you charged for a car trip Pattaya -> U-Tapao Airport ?

A few years ago, used to pay 400THB, last time one month ago had to pay 500THB.

Booked it with Mr. P company on Second Road.

Archived