IGNORED

Mr T Taxi - Problems?

999Baht

It appears that the airport runs are no longer as easy and as simple for the operators as previously. Talking with some taxi owner drivers, they have loads of hassle with police at the aiport and can be fined substantially if stopped by the police. This is deterring many taxi guys. I think you will find at some point in the near future we will all be dropped in the car park as opposed to drop down area of departures.

I had the same experience when one of Mr T's Taxi's took me back to the airport last week. He asked if i could pay him before we got to the drop off bay outside departures because Police not happy to see money being paid.

I guess they may not have the correct taxi insurance or permit to accept payment.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears that the airport runs are no longer as easy and as simple for the operators as previously. Talking with some taxi owner drivers, they have loads of hassle with police at the aiport and can be fined substantially if stopped by the police. This is deterring many taxi guys. I think you will find at some point in the near future we will all be dropped in the car park as opposed to drop down area of departures.

I had the same experience when one of Mr T's Taxi's took me back to the airport last week. He asked if i could pay him before we got to the drop off bay outside departures because Police not happy to see money being paid.

I guess they may not have the correct taxi insurance or permit to accept payment.

A bit over two weeks ago PT Taxi dropped me off at arrivials instead of departures. No problem as I just had to go up a couple of floors once inside. But perhaps connected with what was posted above, 

I booked with Mr T on Saturday for 18th April, he instantly emailed me confirmation....Maybe his email was on the fritz for a little while?!

Exact same happened to me, I ignored him first time he mentioned it. When he asked a second time

he quoted 'police mafia'.  

Looks like the bib demand a cut everytime they see a baht transaction... tax/tea money... 

Exact same happened to me, I ignored him first time he mentioned it. When he asked a second time

he quoted 'police mafia'.  

Looks like the bib demand a cut everytime they see a baht transaction... tax/tea money... 

Same same

I use Ann's Private Taxi Service, and had her brother picking me up (as he did on a prior trip).  When we were getting to the car, he told me his name and said that, if the police stopped us, to say that he was a friend of mine.  I don't know if it would have worked, since we luckily weren't stopped.

He said the BiB hit another driver with a 2000 baht fine.

For my departure, I ended up with Ann as my driver, and, based on what her brother told me, I had the money out and slid it up to her before we pulled into the departure curb area.

Not experienced the drop off problem only thing was a couple trips ago I was picked up from Bangkok hotel without confirming destination, to find us heading to Airport instead of Pattaya so as soon as I realised the driver who had other bookings arranged another car to meet and take me on to Patts. Needless to say I now confirm with driver my destination.

Used mr t bout 8 times never had a problem even when ive been an hour late at airport driver still waits

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

sent an email at 1600hrs and got a reply sent to me at 2350hrs same day

26th march

never had a problem with his service

Same same, sent an e-mail for pick-up April 13th last week and got a reply back same day. Never had any problem either, though drivers may vary in driving ability and concentration level.

Not a good experience with Mr T's drivers last October. Both cars OK, but neither driver knew where they were going.

1st Trip BKK-Pats, driver did not know the hotel, despite full address in the email. Also slightly late arriving - I always have fast-track and am out 15 minutes max after wheels down - I let Mr T know this and to be there earlier than usual. Tried to compensate for the delay by driving like a lunatic -maybe he's not happy being a driver and wants a shot at whatever reincarnation gives him next time....

2nd Trip Pats-downtown BKK. Driver was falling asleep at the wheel. Had to keep nudging him for last 30 minutes into town. First though he was just a cr@p driver, weaving between lanes, then realised he was dropping off to sleep. Also didn't know whereabouts of hotel, despite email address and location. Just as well I'd been before and could point it out.

Will be looking at alternatives next time.

About the drivers not knowing your hotel...I'm pretty sure these are not your professional taxi drivers like you know back home who know every street and alley in either BKK of Pattaya. If you know where you're going, point them towards the nearest big road and take over from there...

How much are you charged for a car trip Pattaya -> U-Tapao Airport ?

A few years ago, used to pay 400THB, last time one month ago had to pay 500THB.

Booked it with Mr. P company on Second Road.

About the drivers not knowing your hotel...I'm pretty sure these are not your professional taxi drivers like you know back home who know every street and alley in either BKK of Pattaya. If you know where you're going, point them towards the nearest big road and take over from there...

hotel was on a Soi off Beach Road.  I gave them the address when I booked - he had no idea where he was going in Patts, nor the address I sent with the booking.

Same same, sent an e-mail for pick-up April 13th last week and got a reply back same day. Never had any problem either, though drivers may vary in driving ability and concentration level.

I also had an email back within 12 hours saying that everything was good!

Bill

Just an update guys.

I eventually got the email back as stated.

The taxi was late by about 25 mins in picking me up.

I called Mr T and the driver called me back stating he was about 10mins away.

Besides that everything else was ok.

I'll be booking again with them for this trip so will keep you posted how quicky I get a confirmation email back from them.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I've used Mr T several times and always good experience. Last time I had a cute driver and a brand new Toyota. It was very comfortable and she got me to The Vault with no problems. <br /><br />I've booked again for 17 April and got a reply within minutes.

No problems with Mr T's service this past Sunday.

Anybody know his rate from Pattaya  to BKK (Sukhumvit). Is it also 1000 baht?

No problems with Mr T's service this past Sunday.

Anybody know his rate from Pattaya  to BKK (Sukhumvit). Is it also 1000 baht?

1000 Baht all inclusive

Thank you

I've used Mr T in the past several times without any issues. This past trip I tried something new, Mr Dreamtransport. Was a bit more expensive. On my return the "regular" driver wasn't available so his brother picked me up. Was supposed to be 1000 baht return but he charged me 1200, which was the rate from BKK to Patts. Good service, on time..but not a fan of the "switch".

• 2 weeks later...

Fecking Songkran! Being my first Songkran trip, how were I supposed to know 19th is the main day. My initial google searches stated 13/14 of april........ Both Mr T and PT taxi will not do a pick up to take me & 2 others to the airport on Friday!<br /><br /> Any suggestions would be appreciated

"If ya can f*#k it, float it or fly it.........rent it!"

See if they will take you to BKK Thursday after dark. Spend the night in BKK (near Nana Plaza or where ever)  and go to the airport on Friday via taxi. Songkran doesn't last a week in BKK and will be over. 

Fecking Songkran! Being my first Songkran trip, how were I supposed to know 19th is the main day. My initial google searches stated 13/14 of april........ Both Mr T and PT taxi will not do a pick up to take me & 2 others to the airport on Friday!<br /><br /> Any suggestions would be appreciated

I had the same problem last year.... I arrived on the 19th thinking it would be all over.

Could not get any taxi firm from Pattaya to pick me up at BKK Airport.

Got a Bangkok taxi (mt toom) to bring me in but it was a nightmare.

If it was me i'd get out the day before, are the Bell buses running ?

Or see if you can get a taxi VERY early in morning the day before your scheduled to leave

and spend your last night/baht in Nana...

He was full when i sent him a a booking request for next week.

Booked P.T Taxi instead and gave me quick answer, will do a report when i will be back.

1000 baht all inclusive.

He was full when i sent him a a booking request for next week.

Booked P.T Taxi instead and gave me quick answer, will do a report when i will be back.

1000 baht all inclusive.

Hopefully not full on 5th of May. Sent a mail tonight asking a booking and lets see when i will get a reply.

Quick edit: oupss he replied me when i am writing this message to the forum.

He replied me in 1 hour although it is 3 am in the morning in LOS.

GT-I9300 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

Archived