IGNORED

Mr T Taxi - Problems?

999Baht

I'm trying to arrange pick-up at the airport on Sunday with Mr T.

I've used this service on numerous occasions and never had a problem before.

3 days ago I shot off an email requesting pick-up at the airport again and have heard nothing in response.

Has anyone experienced any problems in communicating with them very recently?

Is the business closed temporarily or something?

Alternately if I don't hear back from them by tomorrow can anyone recommend someone else that is as good as Mr T?

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect something is happening:

His Limousine Taxi was unusually 40min late at airport 4 weeks ago. Admittedly plane landed 20min early and I went straight through diplomat passport control with no undercarriage luggage. I had to find guy outside which took another 10 mins.

The airport return car was an old Taxi cab. Unusual for him 1 week ago.

Day trip to tiger zoo taxi organised through Mr T, driver was pushing me to contact him direct. Gave me card. Car so so.

I have just booked a MT T taxi for monday night. Hopefully get a reply soon.

Also would be interested in alternatives if no Mr T taxi.

I think my arrival time cuts it a bit fine to get the last bus to Pattaya.

I have just booked a MT T taxi for monday night. Hopefully get a reply soon.

Also would be interested in alternatives if no Mr T taxi.

I think my arrival time cuts it a bit fine to get the last bus to Pattaya.

You can try Tan via http://www.tanstaxi.com

She is a bit more expensive but is a very safe driver and speaks great English.

The testimonials on her site are all genuine ones from PA members and can be checked by clicking the links.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I stopped using him in December  I stay in Pattaya and I need a car at least 3 - 4 times a month for different reasons. I used his services maybe like 7 or 8 times for myself and friends. Last 4 times I used Mr. T he was very late with his replies to the emails, I tried calling a couple of times - the person who picked up did not speak any English and I tried to explain her that I want somebody to call me back, I think she understood, but nobody did. I did get through every time eventually, but after all that communication clusterfuck I had issues with the drivers. One of them was speeding like a madman, I had to look after the road the whole trip (instead of reading a book or watching a movie like I usually do) and ask him to take it easy like every 15 minutes. The other guy was stopping every 20 minutes to talk on the phone. He was just stopping the car on the side of the road, dialling someone and leaving. I was sure that I am going to get robbed or something, because it looked like a 100% set-up. After that I stopped using Mr.T. I was using Mr. Tor taxi for a while (they have a booth with a nice English speaking girl named Joon behind avenue on Soi 15) but he went away to attend a funeral or something, haven't seen him in a week. I used a car service from Boo and Tannie travel Agency on Soi Buakhao two times - also good service and good value.

What a great scam some enterprising Thai could perpetrate ... a crook realizes that Mr. T's significant deal flow is chock full of potential victims ... rich farang arriving in Thailand and flush with cash, cameras, laptops, phones, whatever ... the crook takes over Mr. T's business (however that is accomplished) ... then, places his crooks into the dirver's seats ... they go about collecting Mr. T's unsuspecting inbound customers and robbing them blind on the side of the road, until Mr. T's reputation and deal flow is trashed.

Please, no trashing on me ... it is purely a model for Thai crookery.

Fact is, sounds as though Mr. T is no longer at the helm ... who knows why, or where he is ... but, his business success was due to him, and his understanding of international quality of service ... no Thai can easily fill his shoes.

Used him many times, but if he is not personally responding to my inquiry, they are no better than any other Somchai hawking 'taxis' from the street curb.  Hope he gets it together.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

I've used Ann's Private Taxi Service for a few years now and have never had an issue 

Website: http://www.pattaya-taxiservice.com/service%20rate.html

Email: [email protected]

Prices are comparable, but I don't think she gets as swamped as Mr. T does.  In fact, the first time I used Ann's service, Mr. T was overbooked and referred my call to her.

I used Mr. T one time emailed him, clearly stated 3 passengers and got a confirmed response. Driver was waiting and on time, he wanted an additional 500 baht because we had 3 passengers instead of 2. We paid never used him again.

You can try Tan via http://www.tanstaxi.com

She is a bit more expensive but is a very safe driver and speaks great English.

The testimonials on her site are all genuine ones from PA members and can be checked by clicking the links.

Thanks,

i just got a reply from Mr T asking to confirm my booking. I've used Mr T's a few times without any problems so I'll give them another go.

I'll keep Tans in mind if i have any problems.

This one is certainly nicer looking than MrT,  has an apartment close to the airport. 

Nat  -   +66  0816271435   1000 baht all in.

Whitespider's  friend Tan looks another good option.

post-13217-0-42764700-1340843331.jpg

post-13217-0-46057000-1340843664.jpg 

Stevie

my mate emailed mr T last week to book a taxi in for the 29th and got a reply anf booking confirmation vack straight away.

my mate emailed mr T last week to book a taxi in for the 29th and got a reply and booking confirmation back straight away.

+1

From what I see in this thread Mr.T became "hit" or "miss" instead of a definite "hit" that It was some time ago.

From what I see in this thread Mr.T became "hit" or "miss" instead of a definite "hit" that It was some time ago.

Yes it seems that way,   last time i booked him to pick me up at swampy they didn't show, that is when i met Nat,  above ^

Stevie

I used Mr T a week ago.

Excellent service. Very prompt reply to email,driver on time at airport,and a smooth nice drive to Patts.

Couldn't ask for more,everything was as it should be.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Mate, I've never had a booking problem, but Mr T is a BROKER of drivers. His drivers vary. I don't want to put crap on  a popular service, but my recent experiences have not all been good. I've mentioned on this Board and told Mr T direct.

I'm going with Ms Tan this time. I will post how it goes.

I have never had a problem with Mr T, he has heart problems so maybe he is sick?

I know that is not a solution for you but I am glad people offered you a plan 'B'

I mailed Mr T yesterday and received confirmation within 4 hours.

Was in his office the other day just off soi Diana opposite Areca Lodge, so defo open and not really busy, though phone buzzing quite a lot.

Cannot understand why they should not answer e mail

Never really had a problem with the service but plenty of other services about 1000 baht airport to Pat. 900 baht Pattaya to SWAMPY. Think was 1000 or 1200 to Don Muang

999 -  just send him another email,   see what happens

Stevie

I also had problems initially contacting Mr T recently, but he eventually got in touch with me 5-6 days later--though this was somewhat unusual since previously he usually got back with me w/in hours of my request.  I hope that recent reports of his business going downhill are exaggerated since I have arranged for airport pick up tomorrow night.  I will give an update should things go awry.

Archived