IGNORED

Mr T Taxi - Problems?

999Baht

I'm thinking of switching to another taxi service for the next trip.  The last couple of trips I had a good experience form BKK to Pattaya, nice car, on time and good driver.  The way back to the airport I had a less good experience.

The first trip the car was like one of those small Toyota taxis.  Old, and very uncomfortable, for me (i'm 6ft 2).  The driver had a strange driving style.  He would go slow, and every car on the road would pass him, then he would suddenly speed up, not dangerous speed, but this weird cycle repeated about every 15 minutes, just made me feel uncomfortable about his driving skills.

The last trip the car was a complete wreck.  Must have been 15 years old and never had a service, the brakes juddered every time the car slowed down, and the engine was so wheezy it could not keep up highway speed.

The good new was Mr T's driver have always been on time. mostly 15 minutes early.

Should I switch ?  Any suggestions for a service with nice cars and a good reputation.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a crap shoot with the services... i have had good cars and drivers using PT Taxi, but they are all pulling from the same pool of cars and drivers from what I can tell...

I used Mr T on my trip last week. Got picked up OK from the airport. Not the smartes car but a nice driver and good Journey.

I emailed them on the Sunday asking for a car Monday morning but got no reply. I got my gf to call him Monday morning but was told nothing was available so I walked downstairs and arranged one from the local taxi booth outside the hotel. Mr T rang back soon after saying he could provide a taxi but my gf told him to forget it.

I'll probably give them another try as I was probably a bit late emailing for the return.

• 2 weeks later...

Used Mr T for my first trip in Feb from BKK airport to Pattaya and from Pattaya to BKK.

Driver was on time for journey from BKk to Pattaya but the cheeky c@#t drove quite dangerously and was constantly on his mobile texting and calling. he even requested a tip of 500bht considering the total was 1000bht. I ended up giving 100bht tip would have given more if he had not requested 500.

For the return the driver was 30 mins late picking me up and same dangerous driving texting on his mobile / speeding.

I didn't see any signs of the cars being licensed as taxis so would be surprised of they are even licensed as taxis!

Will find another taxi company for my next trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody use mr keak from http://www.pattaya-taxi.com all in 1000baht from airport to patts

Thanks

post-22007-0-43851400-1348179382.png

Check it before you Wreck it !!!!

Gamora: Quill, your ship is dirty.

Peter Quill: She has no idea. If she had a black light, this ship would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.

Mr T was always the man with good service, may be operation getting too big and he's slacking

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

Mr T was always the man with good service, may be operation getting too big and he's slacking

Possibly, last trip a few weeks ago I found my driver stood with a group of about 8. They all had name signs written out the same way so I guess they were all Mr T guys. He certainly has plenty of customers!

My driver was there on time and professional and didn't drive too fast. However, we did suffer a flat tyre on the way so there was a delay of about 20 minutes while the wheel was changed. This isn't Mr T or the drivers fault though, the flat could have happened to anyone. The tyre was is good condition he must have run over some debris on the road.

I will book Mr T again for my next trip.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

these services all use independent contractor/drivers, so sometimes you might have a less than satisfactory experience... let Mr T or PT  or whoever know...

they are all pretty good, I have always used PT Taxi and have not had a bad ride yet.

I think the same guys will drive for Mr T or PT and probably anyone else who calls them with a job...

Never had a single issue on 24 individual pick ups either at Swampy or Pattaya. Never been late once

Anybody use mr keak from http://www.pattaya-taxi.com all in 1000baht from airport to patts

Thanks

Used him a few times. As good as Mr T but use these agencies enough and eventually you'll get let down one time.

• 4 weeks later...

booked with him in june 2012 for my Bachelor's party  a mini van for 8 from the aiport to patts , was on time . when we wanted to go from patt's to pratunam after conformation he did not turn up , will never book with him again

for me its the best taxi service in Thailand! Never, really never gets problem with MrT.

1 time i was 2 hours late but the driver was still waiting!!!

You do realise he has a group of guys there and they will just pass the job down - so fair play for sorting it out but it would not have been your driver - just another one in the queue

What Happen with Mr. T?

I arrivier on the First may in bkk and the First Time he not was waiting for me, i was calling him, and After 30 min. waiting he was coming.

I was thinking never mind.

Today i went with him to bangkok to make a Visa for my girlfriend, and i was Reserved the driver 2 days befor.

The deal was 2000 baht go and come back inclusive everything (Motorwagen, Parking and waiting).

After i returned to pattaya he want count me 2600 baht, because he was waiting 3 hours and the Parking was 150 baht.

I went to the mir. t office and Talked to him, but he want count the new price.

My girlfriend told me After i payed only the 2000 baht and a 30 min talk, that the girlfriend of the office staff say: give ihm gis fucking Money but he not Need to come back again!

I know some of you Guss will tell me now that we in thailand and there is something diffrent, but for me all inclusive is all inclusive, everywhere in the World.

Everybody can do now Wahrheit want, but i will Look for a more seriouse taxicompany.

Been in Mr T's office a couple of times lately to book taxis to BKK, both times his young staff unpolitely told me too busy no have taxi for tomorrow.............took my business elsewhere.

Im not bothered about paying 2-300 baht extra as long as I get good service, safe driving and a good car

I think Mr T needs to hear the messages from this board about unsatisfactory service or his business will suffer the consequence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

I think Mr T needs to hear the messages from this board about unsatisfactory service or his business will suffer the consequence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

from what I have heard, the original Mr T is retired/retiring, and a younger relative is running the show now...

I do recall seeing Mr T respond to posts here before, I am pretty sure he's a member, but he may not be paying any attention to this board anymore, as he seems to not be paying attention to his business...  This is Thailand, eh?

people can email the company directly at mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com

I know they did me a solid last trip by returning the condo key I discovered in my pocket at the airport...

• 3 weeks later...

Had a decent trip with MrT tonight. Areca Lodge to airport check-in in 1 hour 12 minutes in a newish Toyota Camry. The curfew has some advantages!

Good to hear Russ...I just booked with Mr T for my trip in a couple of weeks. Email confirmation received in under 24 hours

You do realise he has a group of guys there and they will just pass the job down - so fair play for sorting it out but it would not have been your driver - just another one in the queue

Then I might suggest the Guys got it organised very well ??

Then I might suggest the Guys got it organised very well ??

Not really they freelance and just wait there as extras - in some cases when 3 or 4 guys turn up expecting to go in one taxi they get split up and the freelance guys get the overspill

Added to the fact that all the guys are freelance anyway but these are unallocated drivers waiting for the overspill

i used mr t 2 weeks ago 10 min late cant complain i have booked him againe for my next trip

• 3 weeks later...

Had 2 good trips one to Pattaya then return to Airport excellent service.

Will for sure use for my October/November trip nice cars to.

Hi

Always used Mr Keak never a problem, always at the meeting place arranged.

1000 bht swampy to pattaya hotel.

http://www.pattayataxi.info/

Good luck.

That homepage says 2009?!? Is it really an active company?

Archived