IGNORED

Nixonsbest and Worst Breakfasts

nixonsbest

The Klein breakfast looks bad, the ham looks awful. They will make someone poorly with that.

If you eat that breakfast you will be seeing it again really quickly up or down!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a better version of it a few weeks before.

Still enough to make me decide to not try it again.

The English breakfast was better, i think.  But what does a Hollander know about English breakfast, i ask myself.

Out of 10 meals i ate in Klein Vlaanderen, 7 were 7-8,5's and none of them came out too soon :-)

But this not meant as criticism on Nixon.  The bread, ham and things he mentioned were indeed bad in my breakfast too.

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

Take Away  Soi Buakhao  Pattaya Klang end.

post-82617-0-62124800-1373262222_thumb.jpg

Big mug of tea

post-82617-0-13792700-1373262344_thumb.jpg

The big breakfast 150 THB, not bad, filled the belly and no complaints.

post-82617-0-28410900-1373262473_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-46423700-1373262575_thumb.jpg

mmmm, that looks well cooked too

doh - rain!  Is it still warm there?

La La Land Bar & Sky Bar Soi 6 Pattaya

just had a breakfast in the devonshire soi lenkee

Sign outside states best breakfast in pattaya 140 baht

What a load of BULLSHIT Short review

Went inside ordered  the 140 baht breakfast

The mug of tea came quicky

The breakfast took 40-45 mins

Asked for poached eggs (got fried)The breakfast was cold swimming in oil

Uneatable ++ The fuckers forgot to bring my toast

Asked to speak to the boss reply sorry boss not stay here

I give this breakfast one out of ten the mug of tea was fine LOL

I have eaten over the years hundreds of breakfasts in patts

This was one of the worst

attachicon.gifDSCF0925.JPG

Big mug of tea

attachicon.gifDSCF0923.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0924.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0926.JPG

That one actually looks okay, though the sausages are a bit dry, but you get that.

I'd almost given up on the idea of a decent western breakfast in Pattaya. Not that I usually bother.

Thanks. Might try that one out.

I am surprised that Kilkenny has not been mentioned more often, their fried breakfast is without any grease or fat and at 120 baht beats the golf club hands down. However the Golf Club has an amazing range of various breakfast options

just had a breakfast in the devonshire soi lenkee

Sign outside states best breakfast in pattaya 140 baht

What a load of BULLSHIT Short review

Went inside ordered  the 140 baht breakfast

The mug of tea came quicky

The breakfast took 40-45 mins

Asked for poached eggs (got fried)The breakfast was cold swimming in oil

Uneatable ++ The fuckers forgot to bring my toast

Asked to speak to the boss reply sorry boss not stay here

I give this breakfast one out of ten the mug of tea was fine LOL

I have eaten over the years hundreds of breakfasts in patts

This was one of the worst

don't complain m8

from Exeter to Pattaya - Distance in miles:6146 :Flying:

BTW : I had crappy breakfast here the other day.

Bad customer service as well

attachicon.gifDSCF0925.JPG

Big mug of tea

attachicon.gifDSCF0923.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0924.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0926.JPG

Hi

What does sausage taste like?

BTW : Nice review Nixon Great as usual

What does sausage taste like?

:bj9:  im sorry :GrinNod1:

La La Land Bar & Sky Bar Soi 6 Pattaya

:bj9:  im sorry :GrinNod1:

:Think1::GoldenSmile1:  I'm talking about snag :07:

That's Pattaya :laugh:

This thread is awesome, but long as hell.  Any chance we can get another recap with current entries Nixonsbest?  I'm having a hard time keeping track of what places to check out next trip.  I think you said it was Greg's Kitchen & The Ritz for full breakfasts at one point, but with the recent entries, I'm not sure what's on top now (yes, I'm being a little lazy, but I also want the word straight from the Pattaya area breakfast expert).

Jolly's Hotel  and Restaurant  Soi Bukhaow (opposite Jaba Resort)

http://www.jollyspattaya.com/index.html

post-82617-0-04702800-1373356566_thumb.jpg

Another big mug of tea and sugar cubes what a treat.  Better if they where laced with Liquid LSD, then we could have had a real breakfast party.

post-82617-0-44313700-1373356993_thumb.jpg

The 139 THB Englisg Breakfast, let me change beans for extra potato, 3 choices of eggs, quality ingredients and a good price.  An extra piece of toast would have been nice and I hate those fucking small sausages.

post-82617-0-83595700-1373357079_thumb.jpg

Nice open resraurant, staff are well trained to a point of being robotic.

post-82617-0-90902400-1373357262_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty good, Nixon. I even like the sausos - you know what I hate? Pork sausages. So hard to get beef sausages in Asia.

You got so many carbs in those spuds you didn't need another piece of toast!

How about that summary of the best/worst to date, mate?

Cafe Pitini   Soi Bukhao

post-82617-0-30339500-1373441640_thumb.jpg

10 THB to upgrade to a latte.

post-82617-0-48084500-1373441752_thumb.jpg

179 THB Hungry Man Breakfast, average at best, the gammon steak was more steamed than fried and quite tough, one tiny piece of bacon.

post-82617-0-60550200-1373441974_thumb.jpg

Walk past this place and go next door to Jolly's.

post-82617-0-80091800-1373442052_thumb.jpg

Domicil Austrian Restaurent. Pattaya second road top of Soi 7

http://www.domicil-pattaya.at/

post-82617-0-34326100-1373788336_thumb.jpg

Zee Austrian 190 THB breakfast,a bit on the pricey side, there are better around for a cheaper price, nice setting and staff.

post-82617-0-20726600-1373788993_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-47393500-1373789387_thumb.jpg

I am surprised that Kilkenny has not been mentioned more often, their fried breakfast is without any grease or fat and at 120 baht beats the golf club hands down. However the Golf Club has an amazing range of various breakfast options

Is kilkenny's closed, ihave been past a few times and the rller shutters are down.

Nixonbest, please get yourself to Tara court on Pratumak hill for the full Irish breakfast, ฿160....and give us your much valued opinion...

I've been eating at LINDA`S over the hill towards Jomtien ( Opposite The Pig and Whistle )

It`s not the Biggest Breakfast in Town - It`s not the Cheapest Breakfast in Town.

But It is the Most Amazing Upmarket Breakfast in Town. ( All for 129 Baht )

You can sit out on the terrace or inside with aircon ( Very Posh )  ( Be warned Flies )

Tablecloths on all tables.

As you sit down - they bring you Cold Towels with Orchids ( A Lovely touch )

They have a board outside which shows you the types of Breakfast they serve ( Amazing Value )

We had the English Breakfast.

If two are eating the same Breakfasts - They synchronize taking off the metal cover over your Massive Plate.

The Plate holding your Breakfast is about 17 inches long.

When they put it down in front of you - you are gobsmacked as there is no breakfast around that looks so impressive .

As I've said - It`s not a gutbusting Breakfast but it has a beautiful tasting Sausage - two Eggs in the shape of a heart - Fried Potatoes - 3 slices of Bacon - and designer Salad - Plus two halves of Toast and one Brown slice - with Real Butter and Jam - plus a Champagne Glass of REAL orange Juice and a Massive Cup of TEA or REAL Coffee.

With Daily Papers.

Finishing off with Cold Towels and Orchids.

Beat that for 129 Baht.   ( A touch of Class )

nope.JPG

photo(1).JPG

First time visitor to Pattaya and have been here 5 days now. Stumbled into Rosie O'Grady's my first morning and have had 

breakfast there daily. As with most people I am a creature of habit  once I find something I like. I really appreciate 

your reviews. I will with your reviews pair my breakfast venues to 3-4 places. I personally love to get the inside

track on all things good from those who have the knowledge. Thanks for putting in the time and effort. It is greatly

appreciated. Still very much a nubie so I am not familiar with all the streets and locations but I will figure it all out.

Thanks again

I've been eating at LINDA`S over the hill towards Jomtien ( Opposite The Pig and Whistle ) It`s not the Biggest Breakfast in Town - It`s not the Cheapest Breakfast in Town. But It is the Most Amazing Upmarket Breakfast in Town. ( All for 129 Baht ) You can sit out on the terrace or inside with aircon ( Very Posh )  ( Be warned Flies ) Tablecloths on all tables. As you sit down - they bring you Cold Towels with Orchids ( A Lovely touch ) They have a board outside which shows you the types of Breakfast they serve ( Amazing Value ) We had the English Breakfast. If two are eating the same Breakfasts - They synchronize taking off the metal cover over your Massive Plate. The Plate holding your Breakfast is about 17 inches long. When they put it down in front of you - you are gobsmacked as there is no breakfast around that looks so impressive . As I've said - It`s not a gutbusting Breakfast but it has a beautiful tasting Sausage - two Eggs in the shape of a heart - Fried Potatoes - 3 slices of Bacon - and designer Salad - Plus two halves of Toast and one Brown slice - with Real Butter and Jam - plus a Champagne Glass of REAL orange Juice and a Massive Cup of TEA or REAL Coffee. With Daily Papers. Finishing off with Cold Towels and Orchids. Beat that for 129 Baht.   ( A touch of Class ) attachicon.gifnope.JPG attachicon.gifphoto(1).JPG

Salad!! In a Full English breakfast!! Has the world gone mad.

Went to Rosco's, the Aussie place, at the beginning of soi honey, just off 2nd road today, had the full fry-up, nice bit of tucker for 120bt...

Will go again...

"There are two types of women, those that charge for blow jobs and those that don't. The ones that don't end up costing you far more." ~Charlie Sheen~

small_charlie_sheen_hat_cigar.jpg

I have had a chance to go to 5-6 of the breakfast places and have to say I thought all were pretty good. The

best value and a breakfast I really enjoy is the Baht Buster at Irish Rover. I nix the deep fried toast for regular

toast and a big mug of tea and it is all good. I will continue to beat the bush, but will probably keep circling

back to Rovers.

One question is what do you tip at breakfast? 0-10-20 baht?

Archived